We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Recalculate monster player/freep kill deed based on total kills

Now that any kill your characters gets gets credit for counts for these deed chains (rather than just killing blows), these deeds should be recalculated from square one via the record of total kills that every character has stored in their 'the war' screen.

Win-win for freeps and creeps. Should equalize the disparity for these deeds between ranged and melee classes as well.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/082070000000d6cff/01002/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

I think you got me a little confused, so you are saying let turbine auto complete these already facerolling deeds?

Sooo, the not possible aspect of this aside... Um... Why?

These deeds are easy and trivial enough now, what more do you want? An auto-completion when you step into the 'Moors?
    [center][color=#CC3300]Lieutenant Sersi Niflhel[/color] [color=#666699]· [i]Retired[/i][/color]
    [color=#993333]"I will give you no quarter, and I will take none."[/color][/center]

they certainly retroactively rewarded us for killing blows towards deed titles when they were first "adjusted", right?

get where i'm going with this?
    "death is nothing to us, for when we are.. death has not come. And when death has finally come, we are not"
    R7 Spider/R11 Reaver - R13/R11 Champion

sounds fair but I don't feel it's win-win. I think it's tinkered enough with and should stay the way it is now.

But it did give me an idea though, although I know turbine wouldn't change it anymore. But why not change the number of the deed? Instead of KB as a basis, take the amount of kills as a basis. I don't have the numbers because they should involve all moors numbers across the servers. Because at the moment it's not a kb-deed anymore, but merely a slayer deed. So increase the numbers of the deed needed to where it matches the numbers as shown on wartab. Make it a true slayer deed then instead, go the full way and not this hybrid thing. But don't recalculate on the hybrid basis. When it's a true slayer deed (so based on kills not on kb's, which is now basicly the case anywayz by how the system works) then it'll be fair to all cause even the minnie's amongst us will get it. But numbers should be increased because 2.500 for veteran you'll get it in notime, double or triple the numbers. Make it an equasion based on the average number of kills on wartab and based on time needed to rank. So maybe when r15 then you've completed the deeds too. Ofcourse for the pure ettens-flavours: ranged and tacticals they'll get it a bit before r15, for melee's a bit behind r15. I feel this way it's more true to the nature of how it now works and still be some sort of a challenge, however I'd rather see a kb-deed and a seperate deed for the healers, this hybrid is very ugly what we have atm.

Angry

why bother? deeds are pretty much garbage now so whats the point? isn't this what all you freep healers cried that you wanted...and yet you freeps still complain?
    Last edited by Krishal; Jun 04 2013 at 05:47 AM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/03202010000508696/signature.png]Krishal[/charsig]

because some of us haven't given up hope that we can improve from what mess it is right now. And lets be honest, every mess asks for a cleanup

Quote Originally Posted by Aineas. View Post
    because some of us haven't given up hope that we can improve from what mess it is right now. And lets be honest, every mess asks for a cleanup
    hope? first rating now deeds...theres not really anymore real incentive left for creeps after rank 10!

theres battlefield promotions but each rank only gives so minor amounts that only think that it proves is that you wasted alot of time playing cannonfodder for the amusement of freeps! nothing more!!!
    Last edited by Krishal; Jun 04 2013 at 06:04 AM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/03202010000508696/signature.png]Krishal[/charsig]

you still have skills after r10 to get? Unless you've bought em at the store... but you don't have to buy them. I play a defiler and haven't bought the skills, I just try to do my best and go from there and have fun.. thats what it's all about.

I understand what you're saying. But it's all in your own hands... if you're feeling that angry and bad then leave the game for a while and come back when you think you can have fun again. The game is about having fun and despite all what is taken I still have fun... not in the same ways as before, but I still have fun. And just using every platform to dish out complaints won't help, then at least add ideas to improve. They might read it, might not... but thats beyond our responsibility... all we can do is provide ideas and hope they pick up on things.

all creep skills are unlocked by rank 10 now but theres a few racial/class traits over rank 10 though you can get them easy with greater sigil which i got still over a dozen leftover from token event.

ranked creeps should be on par with freeps but what you get instead is champs/rks blowing you up like you're a greeny. heck even huntards blowing you up this update in a few seconds this update.

most importantly i've been playing since MoM and the devs have done nothing to balance out rks/wardens in the ettermoors!
    Last edited by Krishal; Jun 04 2013 at 06:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Krishal View Post
    first rating now deeds...theres not really anymore real incentive left for creeps after rank 10!
    Rating wasn't exactly an incentive toward ranking (I found it more as an incentive to improve your skills, but that's just my opinion), but I do agree with the rest. With the deeds brutalized so horribly in the new system for acquiring the kills necessary to complete them... there's not a lot for creeps to do post rank 10 besides go after skins or the flashy symbols by their name.
    [center][color=#CC3300]Lieutenant Sersi Niflhel[/color] [color=#666699]· [i]Retired[/i][/color]
    [color=#993333]"I will give you no quarter, and I will take none."[/color][/center]

Quote Originally Posted by Isindar View Post
    they certainly retroactively rewarded us for killing blows towards deed titles when they were first "adjusted", right?

get where i'm going with this?
    They did not. I have about 6,500 kills to my name, but only maybe about 550 kills toward deeds. Disparity enough?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/082070000000d6cff/01002/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by douglasburns View Post
    They did not. I have about 6,500 kills to my name, but only maybe about 550 kills toward deeds. Disparity enough?
    I think you missed the sarcasm, and also what I'm referring to which is when they first edited KB's required for certain deeds like slayer of light etc
    "death is nothing to us, for when we are.. death has not come. And when death has finally come, we are not"
    R7 Spider/R11 Reaver - R13/R11 Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Isindar View Post
    I think you missed the sarcasm, and also what I'm referring to which is when they first edited KB's required for certain deeds like slayer of light etc
    Yep, I remember when they lowered the "slayer of light" deed down 5000 kb's. I already had it but I didn't get the 5000 kb's credited toward the next deed. I know they did that with freep side for the same level deed a while ago before that and the same thing happen. I remember Brodster complaining about it.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/06205000000002f5c/signature.png]Bambam[/charsig]