We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Cant progress cooking past tier three

So, my cooking is at 360/360 on tier three and wont advance any further or unlock tier four. Both my tier one and two are maxed. I know that the expert cook vendor is suppose to have a quest but none of them have a quest for me. Everyone I have spoken to in game agrees that I am bugged but the GM I spoke to just kept giving me lame automated responses and was no help. Any advice?

2 things .. mostly curious.

1) if you have not, please /bug & let the back-office know there is a problem. Even though you spoke to the in-game GM. QA/QC needs to look at it.

2) What did the GM say was the issue?

I have had problems unlocking tier 4 in the past, for a couple reasons .. 1 was simply that I wasnt a high enough level (but with the crafting XP, that may not be the problem) .. so, what level is this toon?

Have you gone to the shire to speak to the expert cook, in fron of the cook's guild, at Michael Delving?

Are you F2P. Premium or VIP?

The answer to these questions may help me in understanding where you are at.

Wyllo
    [CENTER]When in Danger, When in Doubt, Run in Circles, Scream & Shout
    [/CENTER]

did you check the expert cook for the crafting quest? you should travel to the shire, the expert cook will give you a quest to make some food and deliver to NPCs nearby, after that you will be able to finish the expert and open the artisan level. it's a quest for gaining an access to the superior oven/workbench/study/forge. the cook's guild is just near the superior oven in the shire if you are interested in it. good luck cooking

I have checked the Expert cooks in The Shire, Bree and Ered Luin. None of them have the quest. I know all about the quest, I have done it before on other characters. I am premium. First the GM gave a typical response that everything was working as intended. Then I told him that I was bugged and that he should just give me the quest. He then gave me another typical response about how Turbine doesnt give tips/help/ blah blah blah, and told me to ask other players in game for help. But, I had already spoken to many players about it and they all agreed that I was bugged, so again I told him to just give the quest to me. I didnt get a response for a while so I logged out. When I logged back in a few hours later I had a response that said he couldnt do anything about it because I was offline. So, I started this thread.
    Edit: The character is level 27, which shouldnt matter anyway. His other two crafts are tier four and five, its only cooking that is bugged.
    Last edited by slurefur; Jun 01 2013 at 08:59 PM.

yeah .. you're at a high enough level that it shouldnt matter.

What I would do is next time you get back in-game, on that toon /bug it for the QC/QA Dept.

Also, put in a ticket via the support tab on this forum.

Sounds like there may be an issue & those are the 2 ways to resolve it.

Good luck & I am sorry that you didnt get the help that you had wanted earlier.

Wyllo
    [CENTER]When in Danger, When in Doubt, Run in Circles, Scream & Shout
    [/CENTER]

By chance did you ever check with the Novice Cook for the quest? In the past it was always the Novice crafter that started the quest and sent you to the Expert crafter. I thought this was changed so you could get the quest from either the Novice or Expert crafter, but could be mistaken about that.