We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

[EVENT] Summer Poetry Competition

Summer Light -Thru the Trees
    Summer Light - Spotted Me
    Summer Light - Palest Gold
    Summer Light - Bright and Bold

I Saw Summer Light Descend
    Summer Light, Made Shadows Bend
    Summer Light, On An Emerald Pond
    I Reached Out… It Touched My Palm

Summer Light, It Fell Like Powder
    Or a Floating Incandescent Feather
    Came Down, Like A Sheer, White Swan
    Summer Light – Lifted Wing-Like Arms

So Sunrays Slanted – Shone-Misty
    Summer Light-Beams, Embraced Me
    Warm, Wonderful Summer Light
    Touch Me Tender, Solar- Might

Summer Light, When I Was Lost
    Summer Light, Found Me Before Frost
    Summer Light - None Else Looked For Me…
    Summer Light Said, “I Always See…”

I Love Summer Light

~ MoonBee Canady

Date: Saturday 22nd June

Time: 7:30pm (BST)

Topic: Balance; Family; Travelling/journey

Prizes: "Summer-time Bard" title; a little bit of this, a little bit of that.

The sun has grown in strength and shines down on us all. The birds are rushing here and there, collecting food fer their newborns, and the sky is filled with their singing.

An the time is now fer ye budding poets, ye who have waited through the growing days since the last gathering, ter put word ter paper and show us what ye can do!

Again, there are three topics ter choose from when ye begin ter create. " Balance; Family and Travelling/journey " For what is Summer without some of these three?

Now places are limited - ye've no idea how many there are just bursting ter share their poems with us, it does me heart glad, so it does - so get yer names down and it'll be a grand night ter remember!

No one race holds alone the ability ter create poems of such wonder it melts yer heart, so all are welcome ter apply be ye Hobbit, Elf, Dwarf or Man, the stage is open ter all.
    Last edited by TwenBumblefoot; Jun 01 2013 at 02:37 PM. Reason: spelling error

*cheers* Splendid! A poetry competion. Troso will likely have a poem to tell.

[i]*writes the name down*[i/]

Oh that is grand master Troso, I looks forward ter seeing ye on the night!

so people so far signed up!

Red face

*waves merrily to Miss Jadite*

And of course I shall enter a poem and bring music for the night with Hobbit Heart.

This is always a fantastic event and I a very much looking forward to be there

*goes and write some special music for the night*
    Amorey
    Laurelin Archives Webteam

Red face

*waves again*

Well then..., don't forget to send Miss Jadite a letter if you want to enter this lovely competition .

It doesn't if you are not a hobbit, some of the most lovely poems I heard in the past came from elves, men and even dwarves *cheers*
    Amorey

And the count down is on! Less than a week till we gather at the stage ter hear this season's wonderfull creations.

Don't be shy, take a pen and write what's in yer heart, places still if people are wanting.

See ye all soon!

Red face

*hugs miss Jadite*

Only a few days left and still time to enter your poems *cheers* .

There will be music, and dances, and poems, and nice people, so come and enjoy!
    Amorey

If it is not too late nor presumptuous my old friend Domwaldin Ironhand would like to throw his overly-large and somewhat floppy hat into the ring.

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Aethaanir View Post
    If it is not too late nor presumptuous my old friend Domwaldin Ironhand would like to throw his overly-large and somewhat floppy hat into the ring.
    It is never too late *cheers*

Thank you for coming along with a large and floppy hat...eeek, I mean poem, looking forward to it

Few days to go lovely people , will be nice !
    Amorey

Yer most welcome ter join in the fun, and yer names now added ter me growing list.

Places are filling fast now, so if yer still thinking about it, I'd suggest ye hurry!

An todays the day!

So come one come all, ye poets of ter world, ter the Menthil stage at Bywater tonight at 7:30pm (BST) or just come ter listen and enjoy the music.

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by TwenBumblefoot View Post
    An todays the day!

So come one come all, ye poets of ter world, ter the Menthil stage at Bywater tonight at 7:30pm (BST) or just come ter listen and enjoy the music.
    And we are ready for a lovely evening of poetry and music in the Shire

As Miss Jadite said, just come along and perform your poems or for a dance and a giggle ...

a few pies and the best fireworks in the Fourfarthings.
    Amorey

Grand as always, miss Jadite! *cheers*

Here is me own entry from the night!
    http://www.linawillow.org/home/2013/...goblin-battle/
    Lina Willowwood, biscuit-eating bard on Laurelin
    Hobbit RP? Grand Order of the Lost Mathom
    Songs + videos on me biscuity burrow

Red face

It was a wonderful evening! Thank you kindly to Miss Jadite for running this lovely event at every passing of the seasons. Looking already forward to the next Poetry Competition in the Autumn. Here are some images of the night . The full slideshow can be found HERE

Amorey

Aye, and a grand night was had by all!

Congratulations ter Miss Lina, who's become our first Summer-time Bard.

Also ter Master Baramdoc fer taking second place and Master Dromwaldin bringing up third.

Thank ye all ter our talented poets, who each time prove themselves more and more.

And now, till the leaves start ter fall, I'll bid ye good health, and mine's a pint!
    Last edited by TwenBumblefoot; Jun 25 2013 at 05:52 AM. Reason: placing listed wrong