We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Erebor virgin! Advice needed please! :P

Hello,
    I have finally plucked up the courage to use the instance finder. I'm hoping to find some nice recipes to advance my jewellry crafting. I have heard whispers that the instances of Erebor are particularly good for loot, including recipes.
    However, are there any particular requirements to hunt in these instances - is there a particular level of gear that is needed? Is it easy to find a PUG group and are people generally friendly or elitist? I have never, ever done a raid and I've only done a couple of Grand Staircase runs many many moons ago - and that's it.
    If anyone can offer any advice or suggestions that would be brill Also, are there any decent guides to the Erebor cluster online?

There are regularly PuGs on GLFF on any server for Erebor T1 instances, not too difficult, except Smaug maybe

You can easily find walkthroughs with Google.
    For example, for Smaug =>
    http://sidetracked-lotro.blogspot.co...-of-smaug.html

Quote Originally Posted by Castorix View Post
    There are regularly PuGs on GLFF on any server for Erebor T1 instances, not too difficult, except Smaug maybe

Thank you Castorix!

Smaug is pugged a lot on t2 which is why it is harder though technically it is easier.
    Also hytbold gear is more than enough I've seen people in purple quest gear doing just fine(unless you are tanking it)

Smaug is pugged a lot on t2 which is why it is harder though technically it is easier.
    Also hytbold gear is more than enough I've seen people in purple quest gear doing just fine(unless you are tanking it).
    And as for elitists my server has none really(I am on Windfola) but I would guess it depends on the server.

Does this help?

Quote Originally Posted by Buunyblaster View Post
    Also hytbold gear is more than enough I've seen people in purple quest gear doing just fine(unless you are tanking it).
    And as for elitists my server has none really(I am on Windfola) but I would guess it depends on the server.

Does this help?
    Every little helps, so yes, indeed! And many thanks Bunny!

I've recently returned from spending time playing SWTOR. I found there to be lot of 'elitism' in that game (particularly PvP and raids). The reason I ask about its prevalence, here, is that I find it to be horrible and counter-constructive. On SWTOR, i saw lots people get shot down/insulted by the uber-decked out players. Instead of using their experience to teach, they just seemed to belittle everyone.
    I've always found the LotRO community to be a generally VERY helpful and kind bunch though, so hopefully the raiding community will also be of the excellent standard!

What server are you on? If it is Meneldor send me a tell (Dadi) and I would be happy to have you along in a group.

Quote Originally Posted by Proudcdn View Post
    What server are you on? If it is Meneldor send me a tell (Dadi) and I would be happy to have you along in a group.
    Same for me but i am on Gilrain My char is Feldanor but i have a lot of alts so if u in-game mail me i will see it soon enough and will get in contact

Quote Originally Posted by Proudcdn View Post
    See the profile => Laurelin

best way to learn it is the hard way, in a group and failing at times did bells last night right away on t2 (i now get the people that the game is too easy, was not really a challenge), but learned a lot about the instance