We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 27

Thread: Premium wallet.

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Bristol
    Posts
    231

    Premium wallet.

    I just bought the premium wallet, taking advantage of the TP bonus points bonus and sale on the wallet itself. I thought it was an OK deal. So i got it...and not 5 minutes later i relise it was a mistake. I was pretty certain that it shares all the items in the wallet (excluding gold and marks) and i just spend around 6 pounds just to find it shares the medalions from raids?! i was really hoping that it will also share things like festival items ( the reason i bought it) and landscape items too, but unfortunately i was let down, 10 pounds (its normal price) is way too much if you ask me, bearing in mind what it really does. if it shared gold and ALL the items that can be put it it. yea, fair play. but this? just to share raid items? 10 pounds? hm...

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    107
    Okay so I read your post and wanted to help but the vast amount of things you can store in the premium wallet... well, I was too lazy to list them all. I quickly logged my nooby LM for speedy loads lol... heres a pic of her wallet:



    You can see in there her meds from instances and raids including moria barter tokens etc, also festival tokens. Even taxidermy items go in there... all sorts do, it saved me so much vault space. For thing to go in your wallet you need to take them out of your vault into your bags, then they are removed to the wallet... Maybe this is your issue? Hope I've helped.

    Edit: okay so I realise I read your post wrong and I'm a noob. Your concern is the ability to share items between alts. Some things in game are bind to account, some bind on acquire etc. The wallet does not change this. Bind to account items like instance and raid medallions are bind to account and thus show as shared in the wallet. Other currency is strictly bound to your character. While these items can be stored in the wallet they are bound to that character so can only be used and seen by that character.
    Last edited by Maendae; May 31 2013 at 11:34 AM.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    2,301
    Even with sharing only instance/pvmp currencies and shards, Premium Wallet is THE best thing you can buy in the Store. It contains ALL barter items, saving you dozens and dozens of storage slots even on a single character, and it only gets better with alts. But it never did share Festival or Landscape tokens and you probably should have done some research before buying it. But it is still a live-saver feature, not to be missed.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/1321300000000704a/01002/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    East TN
    Posts
    262
    I'd like to point out, too, that items whose names appear in WHITE are bound to the character (i.e. the amount of cash in the picture above, the festival tokens etc.) while the items whose names appear in GREEN (marks, medallions etc.) are bound to the account and so are accessible from any character you have on that server.

    As Maendae mentioned you need to take things from your vault in order to get them into your wallet. I'd recommend taking EVERYTHING out of all of your vaults and seeing what disappears from your bag and pops into your wallet.
    Last edited by Zikaris99; May 31 2013 at 12:01 PM.
    "If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world." - Thorin Oakenshield in The Hobbit, or There and Back Again by J.R.R. Tolkien

  5. #5
    I bought the premium wallet last night also. After I filled it with assorted stuff, I noticed all my Wildermore Coins were missing, not in my inventory or in the wallet. Any ideas as to why?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    355
    I bought the premium wallet this past week after returning to game from being absent over a year.

    My wallet is not sharing marks, medallions, seals, or shards between my 11 (active) characters on my server. I've talked to account support twice, and have filed 3 tickets for in-game support (1 was responded to, 2 were closed without comment).

    Support does not seem to be able to help, diagnose the problem, or communicate with me in any meaningful way about what is wrong and when or if it can / will ever be fixed. Eventually everything comes down to file a /bug report, where you are told outright that you won't receive a personal response, and from there it just goes into a great black hole.

    It would be nice if there was another tier of customer service / support wherein technical people were allowed to communicate with you about your problem in a meaningful way - particularly some kind of phone support and online chat.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Eliaf View Post
    I just bought the premium wallet, taking advantage of the TP bonus points bonus and sale on the wallet itself. I thought it was an OK deal. So i got it...and not 5 minutes later i relise it was a mistake. I was pretty certain that it shares all the items in the wallet (excluding gold and marks) and i just spend around 6 pounds just to find it shares the medalions from raids?! i was really hoping that it will also share things like festival items ( the reason i bought it) and landscape items too, but unfortunately i was let down, 10 pounds (its normal price) is way too much if you ask me, bearing in mind what it really does. if it shared gold and ALL the items that can be put it it. yea, fair play. but this? just to share raid items? 10 pounds? hm...
    You got it at 40% off. Good for you.

    It is bar none the best buy in the game.

    Even if you only have one toon it is a great deal.

    If you have 2 toons it is twice is good. If you have 6+ alts it is a god send.

    It would be nice if we could put gold in it for sharing among all toons.

    But other then that what can't we keep in it. Oh crafting mats.... ok what else?

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Winnower View Post
    I bought the premium wallet this past week after returning to game from being absent over a year.

    My wallet is not sharing marks, medallions, seals, or shards between my 11 (active) characters on my server. I've talked to account support twice, and have filed 3 tickets for in-game support (1 was responded to, 2 were closed without comment).

    Support does not seem to be able to help, diagnose the problem, or communicate with me in any meaningful way about what is wrong and when or if it can / will ever be fixed. Eventually everything comes down to file a /bug report, where you are told outright that you won't receive a personal response, and from there it just goes into a great black hole.

    It would be nice if there was another tier of customer service / support wherein technical people were allowed to communicate with you about your problem in a meaningful way - particularly some kind of phone support and online chat.
    Are the marks in question in your bank?? After you buy it you need remove items from vaults and banks at which point they auto move to wallet.

    If it fails to work bug it. Don't think it is something in game folks can help with.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    171
    I remember thinking how useless the Premium Wallet would be when it first came out. I agree with above posters. It is the best addition to my account, barring only the first twenty shared storage slots. I have a huge scroll down list on my toons. As you grow in levels and get into the "newer regions", it will become more apparent what good it is.

    It stores taxidermy items, raid items, rep items from Enedwaith and after. It stores festival and fair items (which I used to discard to save space). Imagine fitting 1100 tokens of Hytbold in your inventory? Get to Moria, the Khuzdul tablets go straight to your wallet, and not your inventory where you might delete it.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    2,989
    Quote Originally Posted by Winnower View Post
    My wallet is not sharing marks, medallions, seals, or shards between my 11 (active) characters on my server. I've talked to account support twice, and have filed 3 tickets for in-game support (1 was responded to, 2 were closed without comment).
    Sharing is by account by server, not by server by account.

    Just as with the Cosmetic Wardrobe or Shared Vault space -- sharing is by account by server.
    Bill Magill Mac Player Founder/Lifetimer
    Old Timers Guild - Gladden
    Sr. Editor LOTRO-Wiki.com

    Val - Man Minstrel (106)
    Valalin - Dwarf Minsrel (71)
    Valamar - Dwarf Hunter (115)
    Valdicta - Dwarf RK (105)
    Valhad - Elf LM (66)
    Valkeeper - Elf RK (87)
    Valwood - Dwarf RK (81)

    Valhunt - Dwarf Hunter (71)
    Valanne - Beorning (105)
    Ninth - Man Warden (66)

    "Laid back, not so serious, no drama.
    All about the fun!"


  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Maendae View Post
    I so wish I had your marks & medallions.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Cherry Capitol of the World, baby!
    Posts
    232
    The wallet is stupidly over priced, but sadly, it's still the best deal in the game.

    The idea of and the main benefit to the wallet was to clear up vault space. If you had been playing before the wallet was offered you would realize just how much space it clears up in vault storage.

    The share is only across one account, or subscription, whatever the heck Turbine calls it, to me it's backwards. Whichever it's called you can only have 9 alts on it. Those can share. Any alts you have to log out of the game and back into on another sub/whatever will have their own shared.

    That's the only downside to the wallet, IMO, but can sort of see the point, as I have one paid and one free sub and could swap back and forth and Turbine wants you to pay for everything. Lame, but mostly reasonable.
    When the Rebels become the Tyrants, Revolution takes on a New Meaning.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    30
    Just wanted to say that festival and event items do go to the "normal" wallet, without need of buying premium.

    I'd say shards, seal and medallions do too, so it's only (well, maybe "only") taxidermist and barter items (faction medallions and the sort) the ones that end up making the difference between "normal" and "premium" wallet.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    95
    I've purchased the premium wallet this year as well, I'm really happy with it. I've saved so many bank slots with this add-on.
    ...

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    2,825
    Quote Originally Posted by opus512 View Post
    Whichever it's called you can only have 9 alts on it.
    Pretty sure the max is 17, not 9. I could be off by one or two, tho.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Decatur, AL
    Posts
    5,584
    Quote Originally Posted by Roberto_the_First View Post
    Pretty sure the max is 17, not 9. I could be off by one or two, tho.
    It's definitely 17, so for me, with a bevy of alts, this was a fantastic deal. May be a bit much for those with only 2 or 3 characters, but the amount of bank space I've saved with it is more than worth it.
    If you give away gold bars, someone will complain they're too heavy.
    .: Dannach, 115 WDN :.: Daire, 86 LMR :.: Gyrefalcon, 101 CHN :.: Brandon, 75 CPT :.: Honey, 73 GRD :.: Griffon, 72 HNT :.: Sunhawk, 106 RNK :.
    .: Iryth, 61 WDN :.: Baye, 63 WDN :.: Samtal, 65 WDN :.:Dunnock, 58 WDN :.: Sedgewald, 70 LMR :.: Breyon, 45 CHN :.: Totes, 115 HNT :.

    I am the master of my fate. I am the captain of my soul.
    Might as well face it, I'm addicted to WDN

  17. #17
    I think the OP's comments here are less about what items are *held* in the wallet and more about what items are *shared* by the wallet. The thing is, in game, items all have statuses with regard to share-ability. Some are tradeable, some bound to account, and the rest are bound. The ones that are bound (ie Hytbold Tokens) belong to the character who earned them and cannot be given to or used by another character. The wallet does nothing to change that, it is simply a storage medium. The items that are bound to account (ie Moria Medallions) can be used by any character on your account as long as you can transfer it to them via either shared storage, or having them held in the wallet.

    I've heard from a lot of people that seem to expect bound items to magically become un-bound when they purchase the wallet, and I can't say I understand it. The wallet is marketed as a storage solution, not an item un-binder. It fulfills exactly what was promised by it, and substantially lower in cost than other options. It can hold an unlimited amount of items for as many characters as you have for 995 TP (I think), as opposed to buying 15 vault slots, PER character for what like 800TP? Or 10 shared storage slots for around 600 iirc? It's an amazing deal and very much worthwhile, but it's a bit silly to expect a storage option to change the bound status of your items.
    Defiant - Tinnsa, Xallyn, Cayllia
    We Cannot Get Out - Ayllah, Tinnsalicious

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Cherry Capitol of the World, baby!
    Posts
    232
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon_Blackbird View Post
    It's definitely 17, so for me, with a bevy of alts, this was a fantastic deal. May be a bit much for those with only 2 or 3 characters, but the amount of bank space I've saved with it is more than worth it.
    You can buy 8 extra character slots? Because I have 9, that's the default number of slots.
    When the Rebels become the Tyrants, Revolution takes on a New Meaning.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Decatur, AL
    Posts
    5,584
    Quote Originally Posted by opus512 View Post
    You can buy 8 extra character slots? Because I have 9, that's the default number of slots.
    Yes, you can buy up to 17, through various means.
    If you give away gold bars, someone will complain they're too heavy.
    .: Dannach, 115 WDN :.: Daire, 86 LMR :.: Gyrefalcon, 101 CHN :.: Brandon, 75 CPT :.: Honey, 73 GRD :.: Griffon, 72 HNT :.: Sunhawk, 106 RNK :.
    .: Iryth, 61 WDN :.: Baye, 63 WDN :.: Samtal, 65 WDN :.:Dunnock, 58 WDN :.: Sedgewald, 70 LMR :.: Breyon, 45 CHN :.: Totes, 115 HNT :.

    I am the master of my fate. I am the captain of my soul.
    Might as well face it, I'm addicted to WDN

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    171
    Quote Originally Posted by Darlag View Post
    Just wanted to say that festival and event items do go to the "normal" wallet, without need of buying premium.

    I'd say shards, seal and medallions do too, so it's only (well, maybe "only") taxidermist and barter items (faction medallions and the sort) the ones that end up making the difference between "normal" and "premium" wallet.
    I wasn't aware of this. It was not so last year at any rate and I have no way at this moment of proving it.

  21. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Coolhandlukeboy View Post
    I wasn't aware of this. It was not so last year at any rate and I have no way at this moment of proving it.
    As someone who has been holding off on buying the wallet for a long time, I can confirm that festival tokens do indeed go into the normal wallet, as do shards/seals/medallions. Items like flowers from the Spring Festival, however, do not, and nor do any of the rep coins from various factions and taxidermy items. My inventory was so much cleaner after buying this, and I'm very pleased about it!

  22. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon_Blackbird View Post
    Yes, you can buy up to 17, through various means.
    15 for Premium players, which is my case; no further character slots appear for me in the store.

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Merritt Island, FL
    Posts
    79
    The only thing that I have found really lacking in the wallet continues to be that I cannot take things OUT of the wallet to give to other toons on the same account and that I can't delete things in the wallet that I might not want.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0420800000009b035/01003/signature.png]Reonath[/charsig]

  24. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Reonath View Post
    The only thing that I have found really lacking in the wallet continues to be that I cannot take things OUT of the wallet to give to other toons on the same account and that I can't delete things in the wallet that I might not want.
    Anything that CAN be traded shouldn't need to be "taken out" and mailed to other toons on the account. If it's something that can be account-shared, the wallet should allow any of your toons on that account to access them. If they can't, the item in question was never intended to be shared, and you wouldn't be able to access it on other toons even if you could remove it from the wallet.
    The forums are not an accurate representation of the thoughts and feelings of the whole player base. Those who like a particular feature are in the game enjoying that feature. Those who don't like it log out to mention it on the forums. It is a relevant but biased source of feedback, and any claims of community desire should take this fact into account.

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    1,693
    I will join the chorus saying that the premium wallet is one of the best things you can spend your points on. It saves you so much space and makes a lot of share-able rep items and barter tokens far more accessible.

    As to the OP, not to pick on you specifically, but this is another example of why it is good to always read the "fine print" about everything you buy in the store. Some items are account-wide (usually worth getting) and some items only work on the character you are on.
    Dagranhad - Burglar | Aldgarea - Loremaster | Barathrothir - Hunter | Golladhar - Captain

 

 
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload