We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: Warg v. Warden

Warg v. Warden

In my last journey through the Moors, Wardens weren't a thing.

I can't seem to damage them much with a Warg.

Anyone have any good tips or strategies?

Quote Originally Posted by Peerii View Post
    In my last journey through the Moors, Wardens weren't a thing.

I can't seem to damage them much with a Warg.

Anyone have any good tips or strategies?
    Hi...

my main freep is a warden and my main creep is a warg, so... 1x1 warg will NEVER KILL the warden, unless the warden has no idea how to play the class...

plain and simple...

Quote Originally Posted by VMFGuedes View Post
    Hi...

my main freep is a warden and my main creep is a warg, so... 1x1 warg will NEVER KILL the warden, unless the warden has no idea how to play the class...

plain and simple...
    this is currently WAI. And a main gripe of ballence between the two opposing sides. Simply put freepside can take on and decimate creepside with out trying really.
    [highlight][color=black][size=2][B](•_•) Out numbered? Out gunned?
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    (⌐■_■) Challenge Accepted[/B][/size][/color][/highlight]

You have to understand the strategy the warden is using in order to defeat it.

Basically, a spear warden's strategy is to put all 4 spear bleeds on you, then go afk to make some tea. Clearly the only way to defeat this strategy as a warg is to break the warden's tea pot.

Even my Signature is trolling!

Wardens.. Oh dear :P
    At range they dps like hunters, in melee they dps like a champ. If they start dropping morale they tank like a spartan.
    They can still be beaten tho.
    I'll try give a sugestion that often works..

1. Get a warg pack. If wargs got some ranks, 2-3 wargs should be enough.
    2. All wargs trait "shadow pack" and also lots of crit boost and some dps.
    3. All wargs move behind the warden like one unit and place your shadow pack puddle on the ground under him at the same time. It seems to be no limit for how many times that debuff can stack so if you have 3-4 wargs or more the warden should now have around 0.0% mitigation.
    4. One of the wargs open with pounce, the rest open with maul and start dps'ing like crazy at the same time.
    5. If the warden is still alive after the stun he will most likely pop his mega panic button "defiant challenge". dps like mad while he is doing his loooong DC animation(dont stun a warden who is doing this animation since it will cancel the animation to get buff immediatly and reset the skill!) and if he still have some morale left, finish him off with piercing claws.
    6. Pray for the warden to have "never surrender" on cd. If he pops that one, repeat the process or bail if you know he will get help during the next 2 mins.

Note that this is most effective if the warden is not moving and are unsupported by nearby heals. In some fights I had, one of the wargs in the pack used flayer to use disarm and roots which helps a lot if the fight is gonna be longer then expected.

Even wardens are weakened when they try to roam around solo and the good thing; they don't have any real escape skills so they are often forced to fight to death.
    I almost never jump the good wardens if I don't have my support nearby. I stopped fighting them 1vs1. Remember theres no shame ganking a warden with numbers
    Last edited by grapez; May 31 2013 at 02:23 PM.
    Main character: Manegarm

Hear me bark!

Quote Originally Posted by Sezneg View Post
    Basically, a spear warden's strategy is to put all 4 spear bleeds on you, then go afk to make some tea. Clearly the only way to defeat this strategy as a warg is to break the warden's tea pot.
    D:!!! NOT MY TEA POT! ...Really though, not safe to interrupt the 2nd breakfast of a hobbit warden, they don't take it very well :S

I have a R11 warden and a R8 warg so I have had my share of fights on both sides of this match up. If the warden is traited shield, don't even give him your time. At all. Unless you wanna take him with numbers, in which case you're still catering to his ego as he holds off a warg pack forever. (the good ones will time DC for when their stun immune goes down, and with a warg pack on them, the chances of getting the free DC-stun reset are very good. wtb no warden HoTs in pvp, but oh well :P.

If he's spear, it's gonna be a race to DPS him down before his bleeds kick in.. In which case he can just run around healing as you slowly bleed out ...It's a race that a decent warden will win every time.

CC is your best plan of attack- silences, disarms ect.

TL;DR- Wardens are really a bad class to go up against solo, and need some help/nerfs.. But hey, being OP is kinda the whole 'vibe' of freepside right now anyway, so not much we can do. Which is why I don't even bring my warden out unless freeps are way outnumbered, and refuse to use Determination HoTs in PvP
    [COLOR=#E8901C]{Evogrin R11 warden} {Evogash R9 warg} [/COLOR][COLOR=#347c2c]+wayy too many others R6-8! Though I do not play lotro anymore, thank you to everyone who made this game so much fun all those years! God bless![/COLOR]

unless the warden severely limits himself there is no way to kill 1 with a solo warg. unless he is AFK which is how I prefer wardens
    R8 RK, R8 champ, R7 burg, R8 warden. R13 warg, R10 spider, R9 reaver, R8 Warleader R6 BA

Yep.. If I am going to 1v1 a warg with my warden, it's always with no use of HoTs, Never surrender, DC, or buffs before the 1v1. Otherwise, things can be very one sided
    [COLOR=#E8901C]{Evogrin R11 warden} {Evogash R9 warg} [/COLOR][COLOR=#347c2c]+wayy too many others R6-8! Though I do not play lotro anymore, thank you to everyone who made this game so much fun all those years! God bless![/COLOR]

My tip for never dying to a Warden: Alt+F4. You'll combat log. Go take a smoke break while you wait for them to look puzzled and run back to GV crying in the corner. =3

Quote Originally Posted by Graycient View Post
    My tip for never dying to a Warden: Alt+F4. You'll combat log. Go take a smoke break while you wait for them to look puzzled and run back to GV crying in the corner. =3
    A Spear warden will kill a warg well before he completes a log out.

Even my Signature is trolling!

Why would a Warg need to log out to escape? 3m cds on Sprint/Hips?
    [CENTER][COLOR=#00ff00]Brandywhine[/COLOR] / [COLOR=#4b0082]Vilya[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#00ff00]Fortiscor R10[/COLOR] / [COLOR=#4b0082]Slownkite R9[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#00ff00]Beastt R7[/COLOR] /[COLOR=#4b0082] Diggaa R12[/COLOR]
    [URL="https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?561868-Warg-Build-Warg-Rotation-Warg-Guide&p=7292621#post7292621"]Warg Guide[/URL][/CENTER]

Nope. Done it many many times already to spear wardens.

I could update my client and log in just to use my lulz bleed set and use only 3 gambits to prove you wrong.

Warg vs Warden 1v1 in pretty much any setup is in direct favour of the warden, pretty much always has been just about every update.

Hmm, not really sure what kind of 'spear wardens' you were fighting then... There are many who gear for tanking then trait spear, maybe it was one of those? ....I have never had any creep combat log on me before I could kill it, especially not a squishy warg <3.

Quote Originally Posted by grapez View Post
    1. Get a warg pack. If wargs got some ranks, 2-3 wargs should be enough.

Please read the thread again it said WARG vs WARDEN.

You could trait some resist corruptions to counter the bleeds also make use of your fears and stuns if you confuse him enough and he is not a shield or a guy that will pop everything to win a 1vs1 then you MIGHT win it.

Quote Originally Posted by affected7 View Post
    You could trait some resist corruptions to counter the bleeds
    >.< Understand anything about creep traits you do not. Yes that is it, forgo dps and/or morale and rely on an extra couple percent chance of resists in place of that to win through.
    "Romper: You have the power to make EM less boring for yourself and everyone else. "
    "Look for your lore. But do not trust to lore, it has forsaken these lands." - Eolore prince of Lorehan

Quote Originally Posted by Oldwiley View Post
    >.< Understand anything about creep traits you do not. Yes that is it, forgo dps and/or morale and rely on an extra couple percent chance of resists in place of that to win through.
    Im saying what i did and worked on my r7 warg.

kthxbye.

Im saying what i did and worked on my r7 warg.

kthxbye.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=is2aoehmUMs

This is so funny it made me actually smile in real life. You heard it here folks, wargs back to grams and grab those resist corruptions.
    "Romper: You have the power to make EM less boring for yourself and everyone else. "
    "Look for your lore. But do not trust to lore, it has forsaken these lands." - Eolore prince of Lorehan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=is2aoehmUMs

This is so funny it made me actually smile in real life. You heard it here folks, wargs back to grams and grab those resist corruptions.
    Oh god..

So the guy asked something i replied whats your problem anyway? I slotted 3 coruptions and i resist many bleeds and i won the warden if you dont like it at least try to say something funny.

Oh god..

So the guy asked something i replied whats your problem anyway? I slotted 3 coruptions and i resist many bleeds and i won the warden if you dont like it at least try to say something funny.
    It may work against mediocre, drunk, halfblind lvl80 warden. Or AFK one.
    Gilrain: Keeslanaff - r12 RVR
    Withy: Keeslaff - r13 HNT, Cometodaddy - r9 BA, Warglaff -r7 STK

Quote Originally Posted by giboosc View Post
    It may work against mediocre, drunk, halfblind lvl80 warden. Or AFK one.
    Ok next time ill fraps the video to give out an opinion.

at least try to say something funny.
    I will resist the chance.

I will resist the chance.
    Resistance is futile
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2322101000015b8c1/signature.png]Doctorwolf[/charsig]

You could trait some resist corruptions to counter the bleeds also make use of your fears and stuns if you confuse him enough and he is not a shield or a guy that will pop everything to win a 1vs1 then you MIGHT win it.
    My apologize that we released Affy out from Gilrain pvmp forums where he belong :P

To you aff, please teach me how to play warg will you. You are still a fresh player in moors.
    Last edited by grapez; Jun 08 2013 at 09:44 AM.
    Main character: Manegarm

Hear me bark!

Lol. No.