We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Hybrid View

Arrow New Launcher UI too small on 1920x1080 laptop display

Hi all,

I've looked in the forums, but may have missed a discussion. If so, kindly point me in the right diection.

With the new launcher, I find that the launcher window appears quite small on my Windows 7 machine. There doesn't seem to be any options to scale it, or otherwise resize it. If anyone has a suggestion, besides lowering the overall screen resolution, I'd be happy to hear it.

Are you talking about only the launcher or about the whole game? Because the launcher itself is (and, at least for me, was always) sort of small on my screen (it never takes up the entire screen), since I have a 24in 1920x1080 display. However, as soon as I log in, the game itself goes fullscreen and I don't have to lower my resolution (which would suck cause then I wouldn't be able to enjoy the nice graphics as much).

So is your problem that the game continues to display the wrong resolution?
    Whatever the problem, what you could do is log in and once you get to the character screen, go on options and check (or change) the resolution of LoTRO - set it to 1920x1080 and restart the game. Check if that helps.

Arrow New launcher, not the game

Quote Originally Posted by Arthadnel View Post
    Are you talking about only the launcher or about the whole game? Because the launcher itself is (and, at least for me, was always) sort of small on my screen (it never takes up the entire screen), since I have a 24in 1920x1080 display. However, as soon as I log in, the game itself goes fullscreen and I don't have to lower my resolution (which would suck cause then I wouldn't be able to enjoy the nice graphics as much).

So is your problem that the game continues to display the wrong resolution?
    Whatever the problem, what you could do is log in and once you get to the character screen, go on options and check (or change) the resolution of LoTRO - set it to 1920x1080 and restart the game. Check if that helps.
    It's only the launcher, where we login, choose a server, and connect. I'll try changing the game resolution, but due to graphics perfomance considerations, I play at a lower resolution in the game.