We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

European price change

Hi,

I've just read the announcement the euro-prices are raised with around 20% on the 4th of June.

Seeing the euro-dollar exchange rate it's around 1 dollar = 0,75 euro for the latest months, which is also around the long year average.

When seeing the current prices
    Euro
    22k points for € 150,- which is 147 points/euro

Dollar
    23k points for $ 200,- which is 115 points/dollar

If I compare these too you get an exchange rate of 1 dollar = 0,78 euro, which is even higher then the current exchange rates, so the current price lvl is a little too high, raising it with 20% makes it way too high.

If I compare it from another viewpoint, the exchange rate when f2p launched, which is september 8th 2010, the exchange rate was 1 dollar = 0,78 euro, whisch is almost the same exactly the same as the current exchange rate, so this also doesn't support a price-raise for the Euro-prices
    Server: Evernight

Main: Thrabath - Champion - Lvl 105; Thramhir - Minstrel - Lvl 105

Less TPs for more money. No thanks. As usual EU players get shafted on pricing. So called 'currency exchange rate fluctuations' are just lame excuse.
    That is pretty stupid move, especially considering recent login/server problems, low quality patches and questionable quality of content released.

Looks like I'm back to deed grinding on alts.

Quote Originally Posted by difens View Post
    Less TPs for more money. No thanks. As usual EU players get shafted on pricing. So called 'currency exchange rate fluctuations' are just lame excuse.
    That is pretty stupid move, especially considering recent login/server problems, low quality patches and questionable quality of content released.

Looks like I'm back to deed grinding on alts.
    This price change seems ridiculous indeed. Still grinding deeds on alts, but I guess I won't ever stop doing that. Not with this news.
    Country: Netherlands, Current Server: Nimrodel. Future server: Landroval
    Sheherezi's an Eastemnet Cook & Farmer

Not all of the difference is exchange rate. Europeans unlike Americans have to pay sales tax (Value Added Tax). IIRC - Turbine uses a 21% Vat rate.

You pay Turbine 150 Euros. Turbine keeps 123.97 Euros which Turbine converts to $165.28 for 22,000 points. Turbine is selling 133 points per dollar. Turbine sells 115 points per dollar when you buy 23,000 points for $200.00 to Americans.

Turbine increases the European prices by 20%, it works out be be $198.35 for 22,000 points. Turbine sell 111 points per dollar versus 115 points per dollar for Americans. That means the cost of converting Euros to dollars is 3.6% which is not bad a rate for American companies and residents.

I think it a case of someone (perhaps a Warner Brother accountant) carefully running the numbers. The accountant determined that Turbine is not charging enough dollars for pay for the VAT penalty.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.