We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: The New 1v1er's

Quote Originally Posted by Shau'nac View Post
    Tar is only a one to one and a half minute CD. LMs (freeps in general, for the most part) are pretty OP right now, that they decided to use tar is lolworthy.

I believe that's Atboth.
    Hmmm interesting, someone told me before it was 5 minutes, oh well. I remember however the good LMs never used tar much. Thx tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Shau'nac View Post
    Tar is only a one to one and a half minute CD. LMs (freeps in general, for the most part) are pretty OP right now, that they decided to use tar is lolworthy.

I believe that's Atboth.
    Yeah considering all an LM has to do now a days is spam waterlore to win.
    [CENTER][COLOR=#C7CF92][img]http://i.imgur.com/9rGw1Yd.gif[/img]
    Misadventure - R14 Hunter, Fatwanda-1 - R10 Guard
    Velvetsixteen - R13 Reaver, Reported - R11 Warg, Gloriousleader - R10 WL[/COLOR]
    [/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Ravyrn View Post
    Yeah considering all an LM has to do now a days is spam waterlore to win.
    If you have to spam waterlore, or use tar, or ents in a 1v1, you're doing something wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by blakacdvl View Post
    If you have to spam waterlore, or use tar, or ents in a 1v1, you're doing something wrong.
    I've only been playing my lm all serious like for about 2 days but I like to think I'm a halfway decent player. I was 1v1ing the mighty Conjmeplease yesterday and he beat me just about every time and I used all of those things you said.

Quote Originally Posted by usernamealreadyinuse View Post
    I've only been playing my lm all serious like for about 2 days but I like to think I'm a halfway decent player. I was 1v1ing the mighty Conjmeplease yesterday and he beat me just about every time and I used all of those things you said.
    All you have to do is whisper sweet Aussie-accented-nothings in Vent and he'll put his back to you for an easy "kill."

LMs HAVE to use waterlore to some extent to win against reavers (that in combination with fire lore)... because, honestly, a good reaver is gonna cut right through an lm's morale in a few seconds by using common damage -- sundering blow + impale + dev strike = probably up to 7k morale gone instantly.

Quote Originally Posted by Bond007 View Post
    LMs HAVE to use waterlore to some extent to win against reavers (that in combination with fire lore)... because, honestly, a good reaver is gonna cut right through an lm's morale in a few seconds by using common damage -- sundering blow + impale + dev strike = probably up to 7k morale gone instantly.
    Yup, very clever deducing that Swift. I used to have a couple reavers spec common damage against my guard sometimes to throw me on off when I would use my fire spec gear from the 3 man back in SoM, but I caught on to it pretty quick.

Thing is, not every reaver is going to run around just using common damage for the means of fighting a LM that uses waterlore. Maybe if the LM didn't use waterlore, the reaver wouldn't need to spec for common damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Bond007 View Post
    I'm not saying NOT to use waterlore. I'm saying there is no need to SPAM it. Realistically, there's no need for a liberal usage of it either. Nor is there need for tar, ents, or endless kiting.

Some thoughts on LM 1v1s...

My LM is not really well geared. I use 2nd Age LIs with t6-7 relics and my virtues are all between 8 and 12. While I do have full audacity, I have 0 golds (not even the easy-to-acquire Rohan rings).

Water lore is necessary, but I find stacking itx3 is too OP. If you're competent with your debuffs and movement, 1-2 iterations of waterlore is more than enough. I find with 1-2 WL hots, I win 99% of fights and I win them rather easily.

Is the skill OP? Probably yes. I was able to solo IP t2. Is it acceptable in 1v1s? I would say also yes. Reavers have Impale - which, when all the bleeds crit - is also quite OP. Should they not use that skill in the case it crits? WL is only a ten second cooldown. I think spamming it is poor taste, but also saying it is unacceptable in a 1v1 is kind of ludicrous. Without it, LMs would be the worst class in the Ettenmoors (at least when it comes to 1v1) by a wide margin. Yes, CC was improved somewhat with the reversion of the diminishing returns table, but with anti-cc measures (pots/resilience) the LM still needs more defence apart from CC and debuffs. Water Lore could be slightly nerfed (perhaps a 15s CD?) to repair the balance.

In conclusion, I think it's fair to use water lore in a spar to a certain extent. If you're competent, tar is unncessary, but tar is also by no means OP.

Katsimbalis

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3