We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The New 1v1er's

You should roll an RK Vinner, doesnt require any practice. Mash as few buttons as quickly you can. Be crowned the best RK on Gladden.
    "I should call that a heavy loss, if it was not a wonder rather that in his great age he could still wield his axe as mightily as they say he did, standing over the body of King Brand before the gate of Erebor, until the darkness fell."
    http://gladdenhistory.wikispaces.com/

Quote Originally Posted by witch0king View Post
    burgs are the worst kind of cowards i've encountered in my life of gaming that only know to mash stun buttons. Wargs are hillarious because they all fail to kill you.

Not to mention that there are only two burglars in this game at the moment that manage to kill my ba.
    Wargs got a pounce, thats it. A burglar got how many dazes/stuns/knockdowns?
    woah woah
    rood

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeylad View Post
    woah woah
    rood

Last edited by Witch0King; Jun 03 2013 at 06:43 AM.
    "I should call that a heavy loss, if it was not a wonder rather that in his great age he could still wield his axe as mightily as they say he did, standing over the body of King Brand before the gate of Erebor, until the darkness fell."

Quote Originally Posted by joshy8910 View Post
    Like I said Bele, people shouldn't really care, nor should they feel the need to not use them (but still choose not to to use them if they want obv) if people use cool downs or not, from what I can presume from this state of pvp with all the fluctuating buffs on a daily basis, and these new freep battlefield promotions, though not all the time are they necessarily changing daily, in some cases for lower ranks tho. These are all presumptions from me and things I predicted, but from what I gathered from some insiders, it seems to be the case. For me, 1v1s in my mind dont really prove much in this era as much as they used to.

Back before RoR though, I'd have to disagree with your statement, as back then not using CDs only made me better and from everyone I fought that didn't use them as well and were good without them usually became the best on their class 1v1-wise on the server (not saying I believed myself as one of them, but for most such as Kratlerr, Slashed, etc, that was and still is most likely the case). People that even used CDs against me or others that had a good bit of skill had a hard time beating me, if they did pull off the win with them anyway, because they were dependent on them. This being said, I never had an issue with people that used CDs; they can do what they wish. I'd just simply laugh at them if I won or got close to winning.

Auto stagger set ftw bleh; that killed my interest on guardian so hard, though I prob wouldnt go past being a Commander anyway since its such a cool title haha.

As for the "best LOTRO player in the world" thing: 1, you're a doppelganger (READ DA WIKI MATE), and 2, you're Australian, so anything you say has little to no merit automatically, spiritually, and sexually, and it's physically and mentally impossible, inconceivable, and against the law for a Kangaroo Bangaroo to be better than Americans at anything :P!

Btw, I heard that Vinner-1 guy was the best Lotro player in the world; wonder who the guy(s) playing that was and why he was named after some cool badace ?
    The wiki is wrong.

Australians are better at video games. That is science.

I've never really understood why you feel that way about the stagger set. It makes pretty much no difference in 1v1s against melee these days. You kind of need it against BAs now that they can stun every 3 and half seconds. And spiders are so good against guards, especially seeing as they have that super high base speed, you pretty much need perma stagger or a good spider would be unkillable. Even with it they kind of are.
    Belegarod - Guard \ Belegarond-1 - Captain / Belegorond - Champion \ Maveryck - Runekeeper / Glaxe-1 - Burg \ Atwo-1 - LM / Jaspir - Warden \ Gladden

I agree with Bel's theories on Australians.
    But regarding 1v1's i like to beat people who pop CD's by using a strat that doesn't make me rely on CD's. But being a champ i obviously don't need CD's to compete. Just a smile and a can do attitude. House Dudes reppin.
    [B] @2 [/B]

Quote Originally Posted by usernamealreadyinuse View Post
    The wiki is wrong.

Australians are better at video games. That is science.

I've never really understood why you feel that way about the stagger set. It makes pretty much no difference in 1v1s against melee these days. You kind of need it against BAs now that they can stun every 3 and half seconds. And spiders are so good against guards, especially seeing as they have that super high base speed, you pretty much need perma stagger or a good spider would be unkillable. Even with it they kind of are.
    Lies. If you use the equation Au=SW+NZ, it clearly states Americans>Australians, and the wiki is right,dawg. I'll let you decipher the abbrieviations ; I'll give you a hint about the SW, it has to do with my shortcomings :/.

Idk for me and Taso anyway, it took away all skill for us in playing a guard knowing that it will no longer require superior movement, besides crits, to land the skill. If it were up to me, I'd say get rid of the crit based feature altogether as well, it is what it is though. That's one major thing that made me go to my hunter (who I planned on making my main anyway), which I enjoyed much more anyway, and due to the fact I didn't really want to rank my guard anymore past Commander.

Quote Originally Posted by vartsyak View Post
    I agree with Bel's theories on Australians.
    But regarding 1v1's i like to beat people who pop CD's by using a strat that doesn't make me rely on CD's. But being a champ i obviously don't need CD's to compete. Just a smile and a can do attitude. House Dudes reppin.
    I say nay, much like do the horses I commit bestiality against do say in confusion. That's the way I taught you to moles... I mean, fight your enemies, my apprentice mmm!

Quote Originally Posted by Witch0King View Post
    You should roll an RK Vinner, doesnt require any practice. Mash as few buttons as quickly you can. Be crowned the best RK on Gladden.
    Na, screw rolling anything in general till this game gets fixed lol, which it prob won't. I just heard they have no intention of making a new pvp zone either, which deters me even further to coming back.

I'm not the RK type; Sparkman (with all his gear) and Winkey will be the best rks out there as long as they play.
    Last edited by joshy8910; Jun 04 2013 at 04:22 PM.

I'm not the RK type; Sparkman (with all his gear) and Winkey will be the best rks out there as long as they play imo.
    Seeing RKs make me wanna quit, probably will too at this rate.

Vinner, you needn't bring anything out but your freaver... A well played Reaver is still competitive against most classes..
    Ronnug - The Blueberry Reaver on Gladden
    I don't feel a thing when dieing ingame. The only time I really mind is when the rez is on the other side of the map.

Seeing RKs make me wanna quit, probably will too at this rate.
    Do it: I triple-CAT dare ya !

Quote Originally Posted by DaxMaxtor View Post
    Vinner, you needn't bring anything out but your freaver... A well played Reaver is still competitive against most classes..
    Probably so. I've heard that Impale skill they got at rank 9 (an actual good skill for me at rank 9 :P) is pretty dang good. Maybe if I were to try and make it easier for myself unlike I didn't in RoI and bought Thrash, Mutilation, and Flayer of Flesh, I'd prob do some good damage heh . Na haha, I'm close to rank 10 anyway, but prob not Gun; after learning that Turbine isn't gonna do anything once again pvp wise (shocker), I more than likely won't be returning to this game.

You prob do nice out there tho Gun. I noticed you were getting a tad better before I left, esp now since you're rank 12. You'd prob give my hunter a run for his money now . I still think it's funny how you're rank 12 and I'm still rank 9, and I made my reaver long before ya haha. Times do change, indeed!

Also man, this will make you feel REAL old. You know how you always called me a young kid in his teens? Aint a teen no more, getting to be an old man like yourself since I'm 20!
    Last edited by joshy8910; Jun 04 2013 at 03:44 AM.

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by ry5555 View Post
    And the last time I 1v1ed Debuff he stealthed every time and it was 50/50.
    idont remmber debuff fight with 1 of your creeps, so why u said i stealthed ?

Quote Originally Posted by Lordoftacos View Post
    I have to agree with Ugh, if it is on the bar use it except for pots. And to point out Gunnors point that if a burg uses stealth they are fail, that would mean that all wargs and burgs are fail except for about two on each side. Stealth is apart of the class so why not use it? .
    1.so burgs can use hips\ko\tng\rdy&able only cuz they on your bar ? dont make me lol , better to use pots & not all this cd's
    2.burgs they using in stealth they not fail ,why not to use it ? for the challenge unless u want easymode

just remmber with using cd's\pots & stuff its not gonna make ya better
    only when its become hard u start to get better

VINNER come back man

im sorry about my english its not my native lang

Last edited by gingibuff; Jun 04 2013 at 10:30 AM.

You prob do nice out there tho Gun. I noticed you were getting a tad better before I left, esp now since you're rank 12. You'd prob give my hunter a run for his money now . I still think it's funny how you're rank 12 and I'm still rank 9, and I made my reaver long before ya haha. Times do change, indeed!

Also man, this will make you feel REAL old. You know how you always called me a young kid in his teens? Aint a teen no more, getting to be an old man like yourself since I'm 20!
    There's an argument in another thread about which is easier, Freep or Creep.. I have to admit that ranking up my freaver has been pretty easy.. Then again, I'm done with the freep grind. Not because it's so difficult but because it's so boring (go here, kill that, go there, collect that, ect...). Also SWTOR ruined me. While it's end game crashed and it's pvp was trash, it's PVE content and cinematic interaction was fantastic. After that I just can't bear to go repeat the copy and paste with change names and location text base quest.

But your right, didn't take long to overtake many old Vet Creeps on Rank now. That's why I don't recognize it as an accomplishment anymore..

<< < Page 1 of 1 > >>
    Character Date Details
    Ronnug 2013/05/15 Reached rank 'Chieftain'
    Ronnug 2013/01/30 Reached rank 'Commander'
    Ronnug 2012/12/12 Reached rank 'Lieutenant'
    Ronnug 2012/11/11 Reached rank 'Taskmaster'
    Ronnug 2012/08/15 Reached rank 'Chief Warrior'
    << < Page 1 of 1 > >>

Gunnor started in Feb of 2007 and ended Rank 11 on the day Ronnug entered the Ettenmores.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And check this out:

# Date World Name Class Kinship Renown ΔRenown Rating ΔRating
    1 04 Jun 13 gladden Merithrael runekeeper Fear No Darkness [Rank 9] 396,303 30,173 1,352 45
    2 04 Jun 13 gladden Leafold guardian Disciples of the Hammer [Rank 9] 259,643 24,854 1,458 -219
    3 04 Jun 13 gladden Deathawaitsu runekeeper Fear No Darkness [Rank 8] 154,223 22,824 1,339 296
    4 04 Jun 13 gladden Shlorty minstrel House of Elders [Rank 11] 749,296 22,743 1,810 657

http://dailystats.theblackappendage....oday?w=Gladden

While you and I never really put much value on infamy/renown and pvp'd for the entertainment alone. Turbine has it's hands on the pulse of the majority. If they weren't making money then farming renown/infamy wouldn't be this easy..

Granted, it's not like those days when we would have 2+ Raids in the Moors, but from my observations, there's never a lack of folks on our server. The population is still thriving.
    Last edited by DaxMaxtor; Jun 04 2013 at 11:46 AM.
    Ronnug - The Blueberry Reaver on Gladden
    I don't feel a thing when dieing ingame. The only time I really mind is when the rez is on the other side of the map.

Quote Originally Posted by gingibuff View Post

1.so burgs can use hips\ko\tng\rdy&able only cuz they on your bar ? dont make me lol , better to use pots & not all this cd's
    2.burgs they using in stealth they not fail ,why not to use it ? for the challenge unless u want easymode

VINNER come back man

EDIT. I meant your warg, sorry for the misunderstanding. Even then wargs can stealth if they want I really don't care.
    Aldrest R11 Burglar
    Motharan R6 Guardian
    Tormoth R4 Captain
    Langlegion Warden

Quote Originally Posted by gingibuff View Post

VINNER come back man

Debuff is a prime example of what happens when you didn't use cds tho. I remember when he was a meh-decent burg when he first started, actually a point in time when he was pretty bad lol. Then, he started practicing more 1v1, gearing a little more prob, and stopped using cds, him and Asteris (Winkeys 2 for 2 on my best list lol) became the best burgs on the server.

Anyway, sorry Debuff, I most likely won't be back anytime soon :/. Keep owning out there for me tho !

Quote Originally Posted by DaxMaxtor View Post
    Also SWTOR ruined me. While it's end game crashed and it's pvp was trash, it's PVE content and cinematic interaction was fantastic.

But your right, didn't take long to overtake many old Vet Creeps on Rank now. That's why I don't recognize it as an accomplishment anymore..

<< < Page 1 of 1 > >>
    Character Date Details
    Ronnug 2013/05/15 Reached rank 'Chieftain'
    Ronnug 2013/01/30 Reached rank 'Commander'
    Ronnug 2012/12/12 Reached rank 'Lieutenant'
    Ronnug 2012/11/11 Reached rank 'Taskmaster'
    Ronnug 2012/08/15 Reached rank 'Chief Warrior'
    << < Page 1 of 1 > >>

Gunnor started in Feb of 2007 and ended Rank 11 on the day Ronnug entered the Ettenmores.

Granted, it's not like those days when we would have 2+ Raids in the Moors, but from my observations, there's never a lack of folks on our server. The population is still thriving.
    I planned on going back to SWTOR one day, who knows, soon I will maybe, but became busy with RL stuff like school and parties, girls, etc. . Also, a lot of people I played with left. I still think it has potential to be a good game and it seems tolerable to me still when I was there. I think the PvP there is prob still better than the pvp here at this point in time. Difference is: they had outside buffs you could get in an warzone fight, but if you went in open pvp (and in the definitive pvp zone, forget the name since it's been a while), there were no outside buffs that could help people 1v1. There was a variety of pvp. I digress though lol.

Wow man, you did rank fast lol. It's pretty good having 2 double digit ranked freeps though, so it's somewhat an accomplishment, even though it has become much easier. Imagine what rank people would be if it was still like book 12 in population and had these buff bonuses lol? Average rank would be like rank 10 lol.

Yeah, population def isn't as good now, but one thing I'll give LOTRO extreme props on is the community. Even though this was my first of very few mmos I've played, I made some great friends and relationships, good and bad to make it even more fun, and that has gotten me through some awful pvp times in this game. It was also good passing along my wisdom to others and helping them become better, even seeing a few become the best at their class.
    Last edited by joshy8910; Jun 04 2013 at 04:24 PM.

<3

I tried to gank you, but the wargs wouldn't leave us be tingy. Maybe another day

Lies. If you use the equation Au=SW+NZ, it clearly states Americans>Australians, and the wiki is right,dawg. I'll let you decipher the abbrieviations ; I'll give you a hint about the SW, it has to do with my shortcomings :/.

Idk for me and Taso anyway, it took away all skill for us in playing a guard knowing that it will no longer require superior movement, besides crits, to land the skill. If it were up to me, I'd say get rid of the crit based feature altogether as well, it is what it is though. That's one major thing that made me go to my hunter (who I planned on making my main anyway), which I enjoyed much more anyway, and due to the fact I didn't really want to rank my guard anymore past Commander.

The wiki is wrong. I'm no doppelganger. I started playing around the same time as those other dudes. But my main was a hunter that not many people know. My guard was actually the last character I levelled sometime in mirkwood. Plus it should also say that I am the best guard in the universe

Before the stagger set (RoI), guards were probably the strongest melee class in the moors. Sure, you had to get behind your target to slow them, but you could take hits for days and still had pretty good cc/damage. It was very possible to kill several creeps by yourself. Vic has that screen shot of him versus like 9 reavers. I can think of a number of occasions where I killed 3 or 4+ creeps at a time.

RoR made us comparatively a lot weaker. Playing a guard right now is probably harder than it has ever been. Except maybe before OP was a thing. The stagger set made things a little bit easier. Most of the other changes made everything a lot harder.
    Belegarod - Guard \ Belegarond-1 - Captain / Belegorond - Champion \ Maveryck - Runekeeper / Glaxe-1 - Burg \ Atwo-1 - LM / Jaspir - Warden \ Gladden

Quote Originally Posted by usernamealreadyinuse View Post
    The wiki is wrong. I'm no doppelganger. I started playing around the same time as those other dudes. But my main was a hunter that not many people know. My guard was actually the last character I levelled sometime in mirkwood. Plus it should also say that I am the best guard in the universe

Before the stagger set (RoI), guards were probably the strongest melee class in the moors. Sure, you had to get behind your target to slow them, but you could take hits for days and still had pretty good cc/damage. It was very possible to kill several creeps by yourself. Vic has that screen shot of him versus like 9 reavers. I can think of a number of occasions where I killed 3 or 4+ creeps at a time.

RoR made us comparatively a lot weaker. Playing a guard right now is probably harder than it has ever been. Except maybe before OP was a thing. The stagger set made things a little bit easier. Most of the other changes made everything a lot harder.
    The first paragraph full of lies :P!

Anyway, I think guards in RoI before the stagger set were still a balanced class played right. I think champion, guardian, and captain in the right hands vs creeps 1v1 were all relatively even. As soon as they got that stagger set in RoI, I classified them as OP personally for me.

That pic with Vic and the freevers and him winning... was there actually any proof of him killing them? All I saw was him standing in front of a bunch of low rank freevers on his horse lol.

I highly doubt guards are harder than they were in RoI pre stagger set though, presumptions though for me, except for what I asked some trusted people that play still to get updates.

This was a 3v1 I had before heal proc gear was introduced in SoM. Two rank 6 wargs, Gobias and Zaey, and Mudknot at rank 5. All CDs (not sure if I used sprint, but it wasn't on cd in this pic) besides man heal obv, 2nd age. I didn't really play it much once heal proc gear came out because it became easier and made guard OP I felt. That's when using CDs were cool to use imo, when it became a challenge like that.

That was a 3v1 preaud RoI 2 rank 5 reavers, Urukmathews, Orcmathews, and a rank 3 warg, Wargaw. All CDs again besides man heal, 3rd age. Never had a 1st age 2hander on guard at pvp level cap. Only time I ever had a first age at pvp level cap was on my hunter in RoI aud era. I heard getting a first age now is the most OP they've ever been, being like 20+ dps more for most classes.

Last edited by joshy8910; Jun 24 2013 at 03:42 PM.

Your mighty blow topples Vinner.

<3

Your mighty blow topples Vinner.

<3
    8> <3. Btw Ting, sorry dude, I honestly thought I put u in the wiki lol. I'll get to it soon man! I wish I got a screenie of our "2v1" back at Good TA long ago lol .
    Last edited by joshy8910; Jun 05 2013 at 05:19 AM.

There's a reason Slashed, in my mind and I'm sure many others, is the best reaver on the server
    Somebody wants mai nutz
    Slayin' fools since 2007
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/012030100000e18f1/signature.png]Slashed[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by BoonerDude View Post
    Somebody wants mai nutz
    Shut up u slag no one wants ur dirty nuts!

So just like to share something with this thread. I was 1v1ing an lm the other day and what happened was the lm Used tar and stood in it .I charge in and when I get to the lm and start attacking them they run to the other side of the tar and start attacking me at range. I run ( in slow motion cause of tar) to the lm. Same thing happened. It went on to the end of the fight . The lm won. The whole fight had been in the tar. The lm was my rank. Did they really need to use tar like that?
    Last edited by Fererif; Jun 24 2013 at 12:32 PM.

]Somebody wants mai nutz[/QUOTE]

]Somebody wants mai nutz[/QUOTE]

Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Fererif View Post
    So just like to share something with this thread. I was 1v1ing an lm the other day and what happened was the lm Used tar and stood in it .I charge in and when I get to the lm and start attacking them they run to the other side of the tar and start attacking me at range. I run ( in slow motion cause of tar) to the lm. Same thing happened. It went on to the end of the fight . The lm won. The whole fight had been in the tar. The lm was my rank. Did they really need to use tar like that?
    I think Tar is a 5 minute cooldown. So, before this expac was introduced, I'd say this is frowned upon. For me if I were to play again in this expac, I wouldn't care what anyone used (never did anyway, but CDs dont help you get better imo) seeing as 1v1s don't really say much now anyway imo due to all the differing outside buffs. However, I heard LMs were really op now, so if this LM felt the need to use Tar on you, then he isnt that great. Anyway, best thing you can do is whenever your slow comes up, make sure you put it on him, so he'd have a harder time kiting you.

Btw, who is your toon and what rank is he? That will help as well.
    Last edited by joshy8910; Jun 24 2013 at 03:38 PM.

Tar is only a one to one and a half minute CD. LMs (freeps in general, for the most part) are pretty OP right now, that they decided to use tar is lolworthy.

I believe that's Atboth.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast