We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 59

Thread: The New 1v1er's

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Burleson TX
    Posts
    1,379

    The New 1v1er's

    I've never been a huge 1v1 fan and obviously it shows from my 1v1ing skill. It seems now that I'm in good company though.

    There's still some really good 1v1r's here like Slashed, Nudes or even Debuff but they are few and far between.

    While I've never been a big 1v1er, I've taken good advice from folks like Vinner and Greens, who explained that 1v1ing was an excellent way to hone ones skills when it came to player vs player. They also taught me to make a gaming challenge of it by using or not using certain skills to make a fight as challenging as possible.

    There's always been unwritten rules for engagement that had that spirit in mind but it seems all those rules have gone by the way..

    Because of the Over-power situation that now exists in the Moors, Most (not all) Freeps seem to use 1v1's as an easy way to farm renown and that is a shame.

    Still, Slashed rarely uses Wrath in any of his 1v1's simply because he finds it a challenge to see what he can do without it.

    Now I'm not familiar with most Freep classes and I'm sure others can add a lot of other skills or buffs that a freep or even a creep shouldn't use but I have made a couple of observations:

    Debuff doesn't 1v1 from stealth and I rarely get him below 2/3 health. Any burg that 1v1's from Stealth is fail in my opinion.

    Do you really need bubbles during a 1v1?

    What about a LM that spams windlore?

    Why 1v1 with your reflective damage jewlry equipped? (I laugh everytime I get incapacitated by that silly necklace.

    Greens use to say, during a 1v1, use whatever skills you need for your personal skill level to be competitive, but when you start overpowering your opposition, limit some of those op skills and see if you can improve without them.

    I do enjoy 1v1ing from time to time and it's a good measure of how bad or good I really am and I can stink up the field from time to time. With that said, I may not be that good but I do recognize those who are and I get a really good laugh from those who think they are but really aren't any better than I am. That's why they play their OP classes though..

    You don't have to be the best to enjoy playing. Two evenly matched opponents fighting a really close fight can be very fun, even when loosing or those times that both die at the same time.

    I enjoy fighting someone a lot better than me just to see how far I can get them down and see if I can do better from one fight to the next even though I know I won't win. Success can be measured in different ways after all.
    I also realize that those good players would rather challenge themselves with someone better also, so out of respect I don't push too far.

    My last point is that folks bore with fighting the same folks over and over with the same results and if they are OP to start with and tend to exploit their advantages, what little 1v1ing we have won't grow and will dwindle just as it has in the past.

    Your Input?
    Ronnug - The Blueberry Reaver on Gladden
    I don't feel a thing when dieing ingame. The only time I really mind is when the rez is on the other side of the map.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    9
    You know the game is solid gold when people need to start inventing silly rules to keep it interesting. "Everybody knows you cannot use a power potion while fighting one versus one!"

  3. #3
    Okay, to be completely and utterly honest, I don't really much care for doing 1v1s at all... that's probably because I'm a warg. When you're arguably the squishiest class in the game and rely on the element of surprise, trying to 1v1 a fully buffed and prepared freep has zero appeal. I've killed freeps solo around on the map, even when they get the jump on me, but I've never even come close in a 1v1. I realize I'm only r6 and 10 aud, but still - I just don't see the point of it. All I am is free renown. Unless I start zerging 1v1s to get the kill, but that's just low - I play a warg but I do have a modicum of honor...

    Although, once a few nights ago, I started in on a captain that was halfway down from a reaver after the reaver died (I forget the names) just to see what I could do. I knew I couldn't kill him and I was right. It was pretty pathetic; I barely moved his green bar. So - I apologize to said cappy. I wish I could remember your name, but it was intended as more of an experiment and not as a zerg or being mean. *warg snuggles*

    1v1s are nice and for many people are exactly what you say: a test of skill and way to improve. But for me, I'd rather have that test of skill happen out in the 'real world' of the rest of the map, not just at gta.

    Interesting thought: if people did less 1v1s at gta you might have a little more "action" throughout the rest of the map.

    Okay....

    That being said, I play on a &&&&&& computer (netbook lol), so I don't mind running around the map and doing pve and killing the occasional freep until I get a better computer and don't lag out once the fighting starts (I'm not just making excuses either - once I start fighting I drop to about 2-3fps and I've never seen more than 15). So I'm kinda all for people doing 1v1s - makes it easier for me knowing exactly where folks are. And they are fun to watch: you'll probably see me just chilling on the edge sometimes.

    Oh, for the record: if you're a freep doing/watching 1v1s at gta and you see me and I'm not jumping in front of you, please don't attack.... you know who you are. :P

    So yeah. 1v1s. I don't do them and I doubt I ever will, but I don't mind others doing them. Doesn't ruffle my fur. But that is something to consider: whether 1v1s hurt moors action as a whole.
    lvl 105 Guardian | 105 Mini | 64 Hunter | 48 Warden | Lukiluk - r10 Warg | r6 Defiler | r6 WL

    Twitch.tv/Arathaert | Youtube.com/ArathaertTV | Guardian Guide

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    In-game
    Posts
    3,730
    Silly rules? I think you got a lot to learn.

    I used to 1v1 a lot. Beat most of them too. It was fun and all that until the "We dont like that player, lets gank him" began. Since then I havent 1v1'ed.

    The 1v1s were a nice show of how balanced it could get. freeps killed creeps. Creeps killed freeps. Rules were set to even it out as much as possible. It was a time when freeps actually had the balls to fight me fair and square. Now those freeps are gone or turned into groupists as Vinner would call them. There are a lot of people I'd like to fight, but I know most of them will beat me now. If you ask me that hunter bubble ruined what little balance there was between a hunter and a BA in a 1v1. Infact when a hunter use that on me I will receive a ca. 5sec lag where I cant do anything.

    I guess you can say that the biggest dogs of the map was those who could win most if not all the 1v1s and lead most raids ofcourse. Been a couple of months since I last saw these events and even longer since the best attended so I cant really remember who won most of them. Freeps are way stronger now, but so are some creeps. I think a weaver, reaver and warleader are the creeps that 1v1 the best. I find the BA outdated. That is just me though. You cant really win vs an tactical class like you could back in RoI. The warg? well I guess he have to work the most of them. I wont comment on the defiler since I dont know how they're doing in RoR other than amazing heals.

    Well I have had some really good fights against people that stood out. Hedvik, he was certainly one of the better hunters in RoI. Streetoria was a very good champ. I never beat Deltron and Grimphore. Winkey you can go slap yourself, I dont remember if I got your RK or not. Ewoc defeated me with 1 skill that only he seems to be using. Debuff was really cool, we had many matches. A burglar traited enrage isnt 100% loss although it is very annoying.

    Some matches even depended on if the opponent crit or not. However, it was really even most of the times.

    But my information is a little outdated since I havent been at it for months. Keep enjoying them you guys who do them. Im done!
    "I should call that a heavy loss, if it was not a wonder rather that in his great age he could still wield his axe as mightily as they say he did, standing over the body of King Brand before the gate of Erebor, until the darkness fell."
    http://gladdenhistory.wikispaces.com/

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    1,142
    Just to touch on the bubble thing. If a hunter pops bubble i wouldnt worry a whole lot, minimal bubble and buffs with it. If I didnt have it id probably pull the same ole handle a reaver and either kite or trait needful haste for no induction setbacks.


    There isnt much dedicated leadership to either side and the 1v1's have been about the only way to gain renown, its either go 1v1 or try to stand alone against the roaming fellowship because everyone else is at the 1v1s.

    In the end, outside the store BS, the only fair fight is the one you win because we all know when we lose its the other players fault because their class is op or they used x skill.....If its on the bar then you use it.


    Happy Hunting
    Captain-General Ughidontknow...Tripso rnk 6 burg...Izeatzfreepz rnk 8 warg....Yells rnk 10 warleader
    Leader of The Hobbit Syndicate
    "Everyone wants to be the hero and no one wants to be support"

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,372
    I think the fairest spar you'll get is a real life cage fight, where stacking stats and using developer skills and mechanics to your advantage doesn't exist.
    Clown • Reject • Gigabytes

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    11
    I have to agree with Ugh, if it is on the bar use it except for pots. And to point out Gunnors point that if a burg uses stealth they are fail, that would mean that all wargs and burgs are fail except for about two on each side. Stealth is apart of the class so why not use it? Saying a burg cannot use stealth is like saying a reaver can't use his eight second run or impale both of which are used 9 out of 10 times when I fight a reaver. I do not use cooldowns in a 1v1 UNLESS I am ganked or if I see they are using CDs.
    Last edited by Lordoftacos; May 30 2013 at 04:22 AM.

  8. #8
    If the opposing side is gonna use cooldowns, I use mine.

    If a spider pops toxic carapace, or a reaver pops wrath, I use cry of the hunter.

    If a BA or WL pops uruk heal, I'll use intent concentration

    etc. etc. etc.

    You get the idea.

    Heck, by the reasoning here, if a reaver pops resilience, I should be using my bubble. But I don't, because I know I can still probably pull off the fight. Same goes for when I'm any other class and the other side is using cooldowns. I don't use em unless the other side is, or unless I've been 1v1ing someone for a while and they've been trouncing me like a noob without em.

    Use cooldowns if you need to, not if you want to.
    RIP Milkmefondly 2014

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    In-game
    Posts
    3,730
    Quote Originally Posted by Bond007 View Post
    If the opposing side is gonna use cooldowns, I use mine.

    If a spider pops toxic carapace, or a reaver pops wrath, I use cry of the hunter.

    If a BA or WL pops uruk heal, I'll use intent concentration

    etc. etc. etc.

    You get the idea.

    Heck, by the reasoning here, if a reaver pops resilience, I should be using my bubble. But I don't, because I know I can still probably pull off the fight. Same goes for when I'm any other class and the other side is using cooldowns. I don't use em unless the other side is, or unless I've been 1v1ing someone for a while and they've been trouncing me like a noob without em.

    Use cooldowns if you need to, not if you want to.
    Far as I know intent concentration is as valid as any skill
    "I should call that a heavy loss, if it was not a wonder rather that in his great age he could still wield his axe as mightily as they say he did, standing over the body of King Brand before the gate of Erebor, until the darkness fell."
    http://gladdenhistory.wikispaces.com/

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Burleson TX
    Posts
    1,379
    Quote Originally Posted by Lordoftacos View Post
    I have to agree with Ugh, if it is on the bar use it except for pots. And to point out Gunnors point that if a burg uses stealth they are fail, that would mean that all wargs and burgs are fail except for about two on each side. Stealth is apart of the class so why not use it? Saying a burg cannot use stealth is like saying a reaver can't use his eight second run or impale both of which are used 9 out of 10 times when I fight a reaver. I do not use cooldowns in a 1v1 UNLESS I am ganked or if I see they are using CDs.
    So your saying it's an even playing field and no classes are OP and that Burgs and Wargs are even?

    I don't mean to tell anyone how to play or how they ought to play.. If you need to use all your skills to be competitive then do. Everyone knows that if not for the lower ranked Freeps with low audacity, I'd never get a kill at all.

    Even outside of 1v1's I practice what I preach.. When I run across a lower rank that I know is weaker, I limit my skills and even pay the price at times for doing it.. Not that I expect you to, It's just what I enjoy doing.

    I also realize that we are playing a game that is designed to measure success by renown/infamy and that by design this is a Grouping game (not solo). Therefore I can't expect anyone to do what the developers refuse to do.
    Ronnug - The Blueberry Reaver on Gladden
    I don't feel a thing when dieing ingame. The only time I really mind is when the rez is on the other side of the map.

  11. #11
    I feel 1v1s are a way to get to know your class better. In my experience, those players that 1v1 well also do well open field.
    I limit myself on skills based on the opposition, and I use skills with a 1 minute cd or less, no consumable items, and unbuffed. To me the point is a challenge, using anything else would take that away.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by DaxMaxtor View Post
    I've never been a huge 1v1 fan and obviously it shows from my 1v1ing skill. It seems now that I'm in good company though.

    There's still some really good 1v1r's here like Slashed, Nudes or even Debuff but they are few and far between.

    While I've never been a big 1v1er, I've taken good advice from folks like Vinner and Greens, who explained that 1v1ing was an excellent way to hone ones skills when it came to player vs player. They also taught me to make a gaming challenge of it by using or not using certain skills to make a fight as challenging as possible.

    There's always been unwritten rules for engagement that had that spirit in mind but it seems all those rules have gone by the way..

    Because of the Over-power situation that now exists in the Moors, Most (not all) Freeps seem to use 1v1's as an easy way to farm renown and that is a shame.

    Still, Slashed rarely uses Wrath in any of his 1v1's simply because he finds it a challenge to see what he can do without it.

    Now I'm not familiar with most Freep classes and I'm sure others can add a lot of other skills or buffs that a freep or even a creep shouldn't use but I have made a couple of observations:

    Debuff doesn't 1v1 from stealth and I rarely get him below 2/3 health. Any burg that 1v1's from Stealth is fail in my opinion.

    Do you really need bubbles during a 1v1?

    What about a LM that spams windlore?

    Why 1v1 with your reflective damage jewlry equipped? (I laugh everytime I get incapacitated by that silly necklace.

    Greens use to say, during a 1v1, use whatever skills you need for your personal skill level to be competitive, but when you start overpowering your opposition, limit some of those op skills and see if you can improve without them.

    I do enjoy 1v1ing from time to time and it's a good measure of how bad or good I really am and I can stink up the field from time to time. With that said, I may not be that good but I do recognize those who are and I get a really good laugh from those who think they are but really aren't any better than I am. That's why they play their OP classes though..

    You don't have to be the best to enjoy playing. Two evenly matched opponents fighting a really close fight can be very fun, even when loosing or those times that both die at the same time.

    I enjoy fighting someone a lot better than me just to see how far I can get them down and see if I can do better from one fight to the next even though I know I won't win. Success can be measured in different ways after all.
    I also realize that those good players would rather challenge themselves with someone better also, so out of respect I don't push too far.

    My last point is that folks bore with fighting the same folks over and over with the same results and if they are OP to start with and tend to exploit their advantages, what little 1v1ing we have won't grow and will dwindle just as it has in the past.

    Your Input?
    An actual good forum thread on the Gladden forums again that I wouldn't mind partaking in! Nice!

    It's me, Vinner, Gun, on a friends account that he doesnt use anymore. Thought I chime in since I was mentioned in this . First off, it's good to see you followed through with advice me and Greens gave ya; I'm sure you improved dramatically since last time I seen ya (though in your mind, still not that great hehe ). I noticed u were doing pretty well from previously before I left tho.

    Anyway, yeah, me, Greens, Taso, Slashed, Grimphore, Sparkman, and a few others, etc. operated on this kind of philosophy for 1v1ing. It's what helped us improve our abilities and allowed us to become prolific at our class. There's a reason Slashed, in my mind and I'm sure many others, is the best reaver on the server, Grimphore the best 1v1 (still not willing to say best overall hehe always ran away in pve and let me die) captain, etc., due to what they learned in 1v1s.

    However, in this time and age, from what I can gather from presumptuous changes that I have not experienced first-hand, 1v1ing had lost its "sport" for me, hence a major reason why I'm not playing this game. RoR destroyed all 1v1 interest and competition for me due to the addition of OP buffs, relic buffs, and most recently, giving superfluous battlefield promotions to freeps, majority of classes now being OP from what I once again presume and have heard from inside, trusted voices. I just think 1v1s are pointless now honestly. You can't tell when you've won because of skill or because "well, he had this OP buff and this relic buff, or he was this rank on freep", least for me anyway. It causes things in 1v1s fluctuate more than it used to.

    Before, if you beat someone consistently, you knew it's because you were outplaying them. It was up to your opposition to find a means of beating you through strat adjustment, gear switches, trait changes, etc. For me, I feel that consistency isn't there, and it's like "well, this guy I normally beat can beat me because he has this many OP buffs, etc.".

    This being said, if you do like to 1v1 still, and I would still highly respect 1v1s and 1v1ers being a former avid 1v1er myself and liking to believe I was somewhat important to the 1v1 community (seeing as all I did most of the time was run around looking for 1v1s and giving a semblance of what to do in 1v1s or not to others), I say use whatever you want now since all these fluctuating effects exist in the moors now from previously. I never had a problem with people using cooldowns, pots, etc. before, but it didn't make you any better, and if you won then, it didn't prove anything, and if you lost still... then lol. Now though, you might as well just accept those using whatever they want more than before.

    In conclusion: 1v1s still help with skill, but they aren't as telling of those with who has more skill or not as they used to be, and don't prove as much anymore, if anything, imo.

    Quote Originally Posted by Witch0King View Post

    I used to 1v1 a lot. Beat most of them too. Now those freeps are gone or turned into groupists as Vinner would call them.

    I guess you can say that the biggest dogs of the map was those who could win most if not all the 1v1s.

    Ewoc defeated me with 1 skill that only he seems to be using.

    You beat MOST of them... most being the key word hehehehehe .

    Not groupists, zerglings. There is a big difference in being someone that groups, and someone that zergs .

    Those events you alluded to that don't happen anymore, correlation to me being there and 1v1s; my presence alone usually made 1v1 events, as I was usually 1v1ing someone or some for a long time and then others would gather haha.

    Yes, for some reason, no hunters really used that skill 1v1; it was an important and helpful skill in certain 1v1s against certain classes.
    Last edited by joshy8910; May 31 2013 at 06:11 PM.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by DaxMaxtor View Post
    So your saying it's an even playing field and no classes are OP and that Burgs and Wargs are even?

    I don't mean to tell anyone how to play or how they ought to play.. If you need to use all your skills to be competitive then do. Everyone knows that if not for the lower ranked Freeps with low audacity, I'd never get a kill at all.

    Even outside of 1v1's I practice what I preach.. When I run across a lower rank that I know is weaker, I limit my skills and even pay the price at times for doing it.. Not that I expect you to, It's just what I enjoy doing.

    I also realize that we are playing a game that is designed to measure success by renown/infamy and that by design this is a Grouping game (not solo). Therefore I can't expect anyone to do what the developers refuse to do.
    Warg and Burg are different classes, but they both have stealth and do better damage from behind which tells us that the burg and warg are made to use stealth and attack from behind which everyone knows. And I rarely use stealth in a 1v1. But the class is almost made for stealth and if they don't use stealth that's fine but you can't call someone fail for using stealth.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Burleson TX
    Posts
    1,379
    Quote Originally Posted by Lordoftacos View Post
    Warg and Burg are different classes, but they both have stealth and do better damage from behind which tells us that the burg and warg are made to use stealth and attack from behind which everyone knows. And I rarely use stealth in a 1v1. But the class is almost made for stealth and if they don't use stealth that's fine but you can't call someone fail for using stealth.
    Fact: 1) Out of Stealth, I'm able to get Debuff below half health at times when I'm lucky and crit alot. 2) Stealthed, I may not get the chance to do any damage at all and end up incapacited in a fraction of the time.

    In and organized 1v1, which would be more challenging?

    Also, both Wargs and Burgs have stances for out of stealth combat. I believe it's called Flayer for a warg. Again, as Wargs are probably the weakest class in the entire game, I can understand why they'd start from stealth in a 1v1. It's apples and oranges we're comparing here..

    Also, Debuff is an exceptional player, I've 1v1'd other Burgs with low rank and low audacity who probably should start from stealth until they get rank and equipment. However other Burgs with Rank, full Audacity and well equipped are Stealthing just because it's easier to farm renown that way during 1v1's.

    There are also particular LM's, RK's and especially Wardens that only show up at 1v1's to farm, exploiting all their OPness. When that happens, it's as Vinner pointed out, it makes 1v1's pointless.

    Actually, I would like to see Aris or others organize more group vs group fights instead of 1v1's if we're going to organize anything at all. The OP thing seems less an issue in those and aren't as pointless as 1v1's have become because of those who exploit their advantages.
    Ronnug - The Blueberry Reaver on Gladden
    I don't feel a thing when dieing ingame. The only time I really mind is when the rez is on the other side of the map.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    324
    Quote Originally Posted by joshy8910 View Post
    .....Yes, for some reason, no hunters really used that skill 1v1; it was an important and helpful skill in certain 1v1s against certain classes.

    Sup lil' man! You should come back and play, if for nothing more than just the nostalgia and the peeps still playing.


    Anyway, in regard to your above quoted statement, I will take the liberty of assuming you're referring to using Bards Arrow as a gray-bar fear in 1vs, and I wanted to remind you that you were in fact not the only hunter to utilize that skill in 1vs, or in the greater moors for that matter.


    I have been traiting for and using that skill quite effectively in the moors since before you ever rolled your furry little non-blinking hunter.


    Btw, i'll just say it here.....i'm quite dissapointed that some peeps have garnered a spot on your wiki page that are clearly much less deserving than MUAH! Lololol


    O.o



    Quote Originally Posted by DaxMaxtor View Post
    ....... that only show up at 1v1's to farm, exploiting all their OPness..

    1v1s aren't farming, in any way, shape, or form. The whole premise behind 1vs is that it's optional who you fight, and if your prospective opponent clearly has you outmatched or won't limit themselves for a challenge, then don't participate. Simple.


    Or to put it another way........if someone is farming in 1vs, then someone else is allowing themselves to be farmed.


    Or to put it another way........stop punching yourself in the face.


    Btw, what's this I hear of some peeps, no names, zerging 1vs and afks @ GTA the other day?


    Weak is as weak does.


    C'mon peeps.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by DaxMaxtor View Post

    There are also particular LM's, RK's and especially Wardens that only show up at 1v1's to farm, exploiting all their OPness. When that happens, it's as Vinner pointed out, it makes 1v1's pointless.
    Yes, there most likely are those that do that still hehe . I heard they were all god awful op now, and wardens have always been heal spec anyway. I'm not saying it is pointless due to their strength with certain skills (though yes, a heal-spec warden spamming heals is pointless and doesnt prove anything about their skill), I was just saying with all the fluctuating buffs now, it just killed it for me honestly, and the unnecessary freep battlefield promotions. Thinking about it though, I'd be fine with em if they removed OP/relic buffs, and just let em kill infamy/renown buffs instead.

    Quote Originally Posted by Althorion View Post
    Sup lil' man! You should come back and play, if for nothing more than just the nostalgia and the peeps still playing.


    Anyway, in regard to your above quoted statement, I will take the liberty of assuming you're referring to using Bards Arrow as a gray-bar fear in 1vs, and I wanted to remind you that you were in fact not the only hunter to utilize that skill in 1vs, or in the greater moors for that matter.


    I have been traiting for and using that skill quite effectively in the moors since before you ever rolled your furry little non-blinking hunter.


    Btw, i'll just say it here.....i'm quite dissapointed that some peeps have garnered a spot on your wiki page that are clearly much less deserving than MUAH! Lololol


    O.o






    1v1s aren't farming, in any way, shape, or form. The whole premise behind 1vs is that it's optional who you fight, and if your prospective opponent clearly has you outmatched or won't limit themselves for a challenge, then don't participate. Simple.


    Or to put it another way........if someone is farming in 1vs, then someone else is allowing themselves to be farmed.


    Or to put it another way........stop punching yourself in the face.


    Btw, what's this I hear of some peeps, no names, zerging 1vs and afks @ GTA the other day?


    Weak is as weak does.


    C'mon peeps.
    Yo sup tall Elf man :P, had to pull the "lil" card (for more reasons than one hehehehee )! Meh, idk man, a small part of me wants me to come back, but it's like... na, not worth the effort and money. I'll be awaiting what Helm's Deep has in store and hopefully will rekindle my interest; it is Helm's Deep after all, so it can't be THAT disappointing, but then, I see who is working on it bleh!

    Yes, very clever of you to deduce that, you are very clever though haha! Hmmm, was never aware you used that 1v1 though, Tingur, said I was the only one that did, and I never really noticed any hunter use it 1v1 wise anyway when I watched them fight, which I found shocking least when fighting certain classes anyway; it could be a gamechanger sometimes. I have no doubt you used it in other situations as I witnessed that. Seems we were the only 2 that ever used that skill 1v1 effectively then lol.

    Btw, I had my hunter for a good bit since book 7 Moria and pvped, it just took me forever to level him hehe! I also had other toons I focused on pvp-wise. I assume you pvped on your hunter since book 12-14 days? Rank is deceiving my friend!

    Ah, I'll get to you dude; how can I not write about the lovely John Pitt ?! Like I said, I just started it back up.

    In a semi-related topic, I'm glad and proud how far you came as a hunter in general and a 1v1er in the moors, though, Althorr! Unlike many hunters, a couple being famous/notorious, your rank actually matches your skill, which is good!

    As to what Gunnor was trying to point out, I think he meant how OP classes farm in 1v1s by using things they normally wouldn't need to win in a 1v1, but do so because they can, I.E. Warden spamming heals. However, if these people do show up, then just simply don't 1v1 them obviously if they are gonna be cheap and not allow you a chance.
    Last edited by joshy8910; Jun 01 2013 at 03:11 PM.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    In a galaxy far far away.
    Posts
    51
    Quote Originally Posted by DaxMaxtor View Post
    Fact: 1) Out of Stealth, I'm able to get Debuff below half health at times when I'm lucky and crit alot. 2) Stealthed, I may not get the chance to do any damage at all and end up incapacited in a fraction of the time.

    In and organized 1v1, which would be more challenging?

    Also, both Wargs and Burgs have stances for out of stealth combat. I believe it's called Flayer for a warg. Again, as Wargs are probably the weakest class in the entire game, I can understand why they'd start from stealth in a 1v1. It's apples and oranges we're comparing here..

    Also, Debuff is an exceptional player, I've 1v1'd other Burgs with low rank and low audacity who probably should start from stealth until they get rank and equipment. However other Burgs with Rank, full Audacity and well equipped are Stealthing just because it's easier to farm renown that way during 1v1's.

    There are also particular LM's, RK's and especially Wardens that only show up at 1v1's to farm, exploiting all their OPness. When that happens, it's as Vinner pointed out, it makes 1v1's pointless.

    Actually, I would like to see Aris or others organize more group vs group fights instead of 1v1's if we're going to organize anything at all. The OP thing seems less an issue in those and aren't as pointless as 1v1's have become because of those who exploit their advantages.
    First thing is that he said, "But the class is almost made for stealth and if they don't use stealth that's fine but you can't call someone fail for using stealth." Please note the ALMOST. Do burgs/Wargs need to stealth? Depends I only stealth when the target is higher rank than me even then I might not stealth depending on who it is. Burglars are beatable even when they use CDs full aud and equipped from head to toe. And lastly I hate farming! I want a challenge but sometimes for the 1v1 to even be a challenge I (and others) need to stealth. And I'm sorry but most of us aren't Debuff just because he can does not mean everyone can. And the last time I 1v1ed Debuff he stealthed every time and it was 50/50.
    Aldrest R11 Burglar
    Motharan R6 Guardian
    Tormoth R4 Captain
    Langlegion Warden

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    In-game
    Posts
    3,730
    Burgs are the worst kind of cowards I've encountered in my life of gaming that only know to mash stun buttons. wargs are hillarious because they all fail to kill you.

    Not to mention that there are only two burglars in this game at the moment that manage to kill my BA.
    Wargs got a pounce, thats it. A burglar got how many dazes/stuns/knockdowns?
    Last edited by Witch0King; Jun 01 2013 at 07:21 PM.
    "I should call that a heavy loss, if it was not a wonder rather that in his great age he could still wield his axe as mightily as they say he did, standing over the body of King Brand before the gate of Erebor, until the darkness fell."
    http://gladdenhistory.wikispaces.com/

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Witch0King View Post
    Wargs got a pounce, thats it.
    ... + a fear + a second fear + conj + silence/disarm + various debuffs...
    RIP Milkmefondly 2014

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    324
    Quote Originally Posted by joshy8910 View Post
    .....Yo sup tall Elf man :P, had to pull the "lil" card (for more reasons than one hehehehee )! Meh, idk man, a small part of me wants me to come back, but it's like... na, not worth the effort and money. I'll be awaiting what Helm's Deep has in store and hopefully will rekindle my interest; it is Helm's Deep after all, so it can't be THAT disappointing, but then, I see who is working on it bleh!

    Yes, very clever of you to deduce that, you are very clever though haha! Hmmm, was never aware you used that 1v1 though, Tingur, said I was the only one that did, and I never really noticed any hunter use it 1v1 wise anyway when I watched them fight, which I found shocking least when fighting certain classes anyway; it could be a gamechanger sometimes. I have no doubt you used it in other situations as I witnessed that. Seems we were the only 2 that ever used that skill 1v1 effectively then lol.

    Btw, I had my hunter for a good bit since book 7 Moria and pvped, it just took me forever to level him hehe! I also had other toons I focused on pvp-wise. I assume you pvped on your hunter since book 12-14 days? Rank is deceiving my friend!

    Ah, I'll get to you dude; how can I not write about the lovely John Pitt ?! Like I said, I just started it back up.

    In a semi-related topic, I'm glad and proud how far you came as a hunter in general and a 1v1er in the moors, though, Althorr! Unlike many hunters, a couple being famous/notorious, your rank actually matches your skill, which is good!

    As to what Gunnor was trying to point out, I think he meant how OP classes farm in 1v1s by using things they normally wouldn't need to win in a 1v1, but do so because they can, I.E. Warden spamming heals. However, if these people do show up, then just simply don't 1v1 them obviously if they are gonna be cheap and not allow you a chance.

    Well, I hope you come back and play some, even if it's intermittent and with less than the same enthusiasm. I hate seein' peeps fall by the wayside or just drift away.....makes me sad, especially because I generally enjoy playing with everyone, diverse and odd personalities (Ron), and the comraderie and fun rivalries. It's more profound though when it's vets and caliber players that leave.


    With your hunt, my bad man. I know you started playin before me on other toons, I had just never seen your hunt out back in the day. My original account isnt active, and I didn't transfer my hunter to this server until I had been playin for a year or so.


    Thanks for the props on my play, and in response i'll just quote one of my fav songs......"Well I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you to be just like them. They sing while they slave, and I just get bored. I ain't gonna work on Maggies Farm no more." If you know me, you can extrapolate the greater meaning, but in short, if everyone's going this way---------->, then i'm goin' that way<-------------. It's how I live my life, and i guess by extention, how I play this game. That's some deep chit.


    In closing i'll just ask this....When has a heal specked warden ever killed anything?

  21. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Althorion View Post
    Well, I hope you come back and play some, even if it's intermittent and with less than the same enthusiasm. I hate seein' peeps fall by the wayside or just drift away.....makes me sad, especially because I generally enjoy playing with everyone, diverse and odd personalities (Ron), and the comraderie and fun rivalries. It's more profound though when it's vets and caliber players that leave.


    With your hunt, my bad man. I know you started playin before me on other toons, I had just never seen your hunt out back in the day. My original account isnt active, and I didn't transfer my hunter to this server until I had been playin for a year or so.


    Thanks for the props on my play


    In closing i'll just ask this....When has a heal specked warden ever killed anything?
    Like I said... perhaps one day . I'll see what Helm's Deep brings before I decide, maybe even if they let you buy a freep slot for pvp, say I could buy my hunter for 795 TP similar to creeps, then I might then, too. I would play one side or the other, depending on what I view as OP and not play it due to the no-challenge factor and what class I deem most fun to play, as that I have always went about my pvping.

    Even though I can't stand this company, the fact that there is no other MMO of LOTR is the only reason I would have a chance of coming back to it. I appreciate the compliments as well!

    Yes, I started leveling my hunter book 7 Moria I think, as well as starting in the moors around that time late into it, I believe. I really didn't truly commit to it until SoM, which is I believe the time you transferred over. My reaver dates back to book 13, and my guardian dates back to late June-early Julyish 2007 (though I started the game in May, had a stint as a rank 3 BA till I deleted it), but I didn't start pvping on him until prob prebk12 around late August, though my memory is a tad foggy, but I know for a fact I got rank 5 on him the day b4 book 12 lol, because I was so determined in my youth to get "vet" status in the moors heh. They used to have a way on the forums that you could view when you got a certain rank and what date you leveled, dont know if they still do; I'll check it out!

    Np dude, unlike some who never improve themselves over time (stubborn, dogmatic zerglings), and even a few I've seen that regressed over the years, you improved, and it was always good to see another competent hunter overall, esp 1v1 .

    Yup, they kill things... very, berry, slowly ... in an op manner!

    EDIT: Yeah, if you go in your forum settings and look in Character Log, there was a tracker that showed when you ranked. Unfortunately, Turbine thought it would be a good idea to erase that history, so I can't view when I got to so-and-so rank :/ bah. I wish there was a outter site that kept track of when you ranked. Gonna post something on the pvp forums about this actually.
    Last edited by joshy8910; Jun 02 2013 at 08:49 PM.

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    373
    Quote Originally Posted by Althorion View Post

    In closing i'll just ask this....When has a heal specked warden ever killed anything?
    Wardens don't actually gain a whole lot of straight up damage by traiting for dps. A shield traited warden in recklessness is still hitting for pretty much the same as a spear traited one. The spear one mostly just gets more bleed ticks, longer WT and some higher crit multipliers. Thats why most are blue traited, low hanging fruit and all that.




    On the topic of 1v1 cooldowns. I wish more people would use cds against me. I feel like the whole no CDs thing came about back in the day when creeps didnt really have cooldowns. So if a guard popped pledge or a burg popped TnG it was pretty much an instant win because the creep didnt really have anything to counter it. But since the game has changed a lot over the past few years, skills like wrath are a thing, more creeps have access to stuff like uruk heal, wargs have way shorter cooldowns, and spiders have a whole mess of heals and stuff. With the exception of one or two massively OP classes its a much more level playing field right now. This whole stigma that cooldowns are bad should really go away.

    Speaking as someone who plays a guardian, most 1v1s are pretty balanced right about now. I win a lot, but I'm the best LOTRO player in the world so that isn't really a balance thing. I haven't played in a while, but last time I was on for a 1v1 session most of the fights were pretty close. If a creep pops CDs, I will pop mine right back. Sometimes I won't even wait for them to pop first. Knowing when to use your stuff to get the win is a pretty good skill to have. It makes fights more interesting to me. When everyone uses all their skills.
    Belegarod - Guard \ Belegarond-1 - Captain / Belegorond - Champion \ Maveryck - Runekeeper / Glaxe-1 - Burg \ Atwo-1 - LM / Jaspir - Warden \ Gladden

  23. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by usernamealreadyinuse View Post



    On the topic of 1v1 cooldowns. I wish more people would use cds against me. I feel like the whole no CDs thing came about back in the day when creeps didnt really have cooldowns. So if a guard popped pledge or a burg popped TnG it was pretty much an instant win because the creep didnt really have anything to counter it. But since the game has changed a lot over the past few years, skills like wrath are a thing, more creeps have access to stuff like uruk heal, wargs have way shorter cooldowns, and spiders have a whole mess of heals and stuff. With the exception of one or two massively OP classes its a much more level playing field right now. This whole stigma that cooldowns are bad should really go away.

    Speaking as someone who plays a guardian, most 1v1s are pretty balanced right about now. I win a lot, but I'm the best LOTRO player in the world so that isn't really a balance thing. I haven't played in a while, but last time I was on for a 1v1 session most of the fights were pretty close. If a creep pops CDs, I will pop mine right back. Sometimes I won't even wait for them to pop first. Knowing when to use your stuff to get the win is a pretty good skill to have. It makes fights more interesting to me. When everyone uses all their skills.
    Like I said Bele, people shouldn't really care, nor should they feel the need to not use them (but still choose not to to use them if they want obv) if people use cool downs or not, from what I can presume from this state of pvp with all the fluctuating buffs on a daily basis, and these new freep battlefield promotions, though not all the time are they necessarily changing daily, in some cases for lower ranks tho. These are all presumptions from me and things I predicted, but from what I gathered from some insiders, it seems to be the case. For me, 1v1s in my mind dont really prove much in this era as much as they used to.

    Back before RoR though, I'd have to disagree with your statement, as back then not using CDs only made me better and from everyone I fought that didn't use them as well and were good without them usually became the best on their class 1v1-wise on the server (not saying I believed myself as one of them, but for most such as Kratlerr, Slashed, etc, that was and still is most likely the case). People that even used CDs against me or others that had a good bit of skill had a hard time beating me, if they did pull off the win with them anyway, because they were dependent on them. This being said, I never had an issue with people that used CDs; they can do what they wish. I'd just simply laugh at them if I won or got close to winning.

    Auto stagger set ftw bleh; that killed my interest on guardian so hard, though I prob wouldnt go past being a Commander anyway since its such a cool title haha.

    As for the "best LOTRO player in the world" thing: 1, you're a doppelganger (READ DA WIKI MATE), and 2, you're Australian, so anything you say has little to no merit automatically, spiritually, and sexually, and it's physically and mentally impossible, inconceivable, and against the law for a Kangaroo Bangaroo to be better than Americans at anything :P!

    Btw, I heard that Vinner-1 guy was the best Lotro player in the world; wonder who the guy(s) playing that was and why he was named after some cool badace ?
    Last edited by joshy8910; Jun 02 2013 at 09:21 PM.

  24. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by ry5555 View Post
    Burglars are beatable even when they use CDs full aud and equipped from head to toe.
    I disagree.

    Asteris

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Burleson TX
    Posts
    1,379
    Quote Originally Posted by Winkey View Post
    I disagree.

    Asteris
    He means burglars that play like Ronnug/Gunnor would play a Burg if he was to play one..
    Ronnug - The Blueberry Reaver on Gladden
    I don't feel a thing when dieing ingame. The only time I really mind is when the rez is on the other side of the map.

 

 
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload