We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Next "Determine Your Own Discount" Sale

Hey, I remember a gleeful time around last November when I spent thousands of TP on shared storage and stat tome bundles for a couple of my most beloved toons because, quite frankly, everything was on sale and I had no inhibition. While there have been double points sales since, there really hasn't been a good way for me to discharge VIP TP since because nothing that I have pent-up demand for buying has been on sale.

I would like to swap my Warden's Might tomes for Agility ones due to the planned mainstat change, and while I persuaded Turbine with a gentle phone call to refund the TP spent on might, I've been waiting forever to spend the refunded points on Agility because it hasn't been on sale since January (a sale I missed, or maybe they hadn't announced the planned change yet at that time, I don't remember). Though at the rate I'm going, I might be able to fill those planned stat tomes with tomes looted ingame from instances--I have I and III.

Also, since there's someone else in my kin who is called "Mak" for short now, it can get a little confusing, so I'm waiting for this sale to get a character rename token--which will probably never, EVER go on sale otherwise (and yes, I made a level 1 toon just to hold the name I want).

And there's always more shared storage, which has pretty much been the only way for Turbine to drain any statistically significant TP from my account since the last big "Determine Your Own Discount" sale.

So, since I've only been playing since last summer...does anyone have any perspective on when I might see this sale again?

Have those sales been cancelled?

Huh...they usually do one in July/August and one in November.

July has passed and previous years they did it first week of August. I dunno, keep your fingers crossed that there's one coming very soon.

Thank you for the answer!

*crosses fingers*

With the double bonus point sale I have now a stockpile of TP's, and one of the things I would like to buy is 60 additional wardrobe slots.
    So I was wondering if I could buy them all 'at the same time' should there be a 'determine your discount sale' and hence enjoy a 30% discount, or will the Lotro Store only allow me to buy 10 slots, and then the next 10 slots and so on ?

Quote Originally Posted by Eliahnus View Post
    With the double bonus point sale I have now a stockpile of TP's, and one of the things I would like to buy is 60 additional wardrobe slots.
    So I was wondering if I could buy them all 'at the same time' should there be a 'determine your discount sale' and hence enjoy a 30% discount, or will the Lotro Store only allow me to buy 10 slots, and then the next 10 slots and so on ?
    I believe it will only let you increment the purchase one at a time in the cart.
    So if you wanted to upgrade times you would have to add 1 at a time and "checkout" 6 times.
    For your sake I hope I'm wrong though or that they have changed the way it works.

Quote Originally Posted by FittyBolger View Post
    I believe it will only let you increment the purchase one at a time in the cart.
    So if you wanted to upgrade times you would have to add 1 at a time and "checkout" 6 times.
    For your sake I hope I'm wrong though or that they have changed the way it works.

Thanks for the info. Too bad, though.

They usually had one of these sales at the end of every fiscal quarter. They have not since very early in the year. My guess is the reason is the introduction of Mitril Coins caused this. Wouldn't want to have people pick those up at a discount.