We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Would I be welcome here?

I'm not much of a roleplayer(assuming this is a RP server which I believe it is?) and the reason for even being remotely interested in starting all over on this server is due to the absolutely terrible community where I currently am(I will not name it here). Ever since I returned, I've had to deal with hordes of trolls, people who don't speak a single word of English(literally), people who don't talk at all and of course the global chat which is such a pain(for obvious reasons really). It's sad how a server can become so degenerated in a single year..

Don't even get me started on the legions of ''xlegolasx'', ''ghandolf'', ''aragorkx'', ''giymlix'' ''killaerx'' and so forth...

So once again, I ask you this: Would someone who doesn't RP but seeks a friendly, well mannered, respectable server be welcome here?

Roll a toon and find out. I love the community here. Please feel free to shoot me a PM on these forums if you do make a toon a Landroval with the name of the new toon you created, and I'll mail you a welcome to the server present.
    other favorite middle-earth games: The One Ring RPG by Cubicle 7; LotR: The Card Game by FFG; Hobbit/LotR Strategy Battle Game by GW

Are people who don't RP welcome on Landroval? Absolutely. This server's actual designation is RE, which stands for Roleplay Encouraged. If you're respectful of people who choose to RP but don't wish to do so yourself, that's perfectly fine.

Everyone's experience is different, but I've found the Landroval community to be quite well mannered and helpful. I routinely see new players asking basic questions in regional chat and getting nothing but positive replies - which would be unheard of in other games out there. I encourage you to give it a try. It might make all the difference in your enjoyment of Lotro. (I know it did when I moved to this server.)
    My characters are listed at my lotro-wiki page.

I appreciate the response but I just realized that this used to be an American server, no? I'm from Europe which could be troublesome seeing as how most people play during the day.

Hmm....

Quote Originally Posted by Jekovic View Post
    I appreciate the response but I just realized that this used to be an American server, no? I'm from Europe which could be troublesome seeing as how most people play during the day.

Hmm....
    Good afternoon!

Anyone who shows respect for their fellow players (RPers or not) is welcome. *smiles*

I understand your concerns about the time differences, however. You may, therefore, wish to look into Laurelin, instead. While that server is listed as RP, there are many non-RPers there as well. Just as with Landroval, anyone who doesn't RP but respects the RPers should be welcome. And, given Laurelin was based in Europe, you'd likely find more folks playing during the hours that you normally do.

In either case, whichever one you choose, I hope you have bunches of fun!

-Goldrush