We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Why Do Skirmish Raids still have a lock?

Why do skirmish raids (skraids) and Helegrod still have a loot & seal lock out for one whole week when almost nothing else in this game does? Why is it that you can run Sambrog, Glinghat, Scuttledells, or almost any other instance as many times as you want in a day or week and not get locked out of the loot?

It seems to be a HUGE inconsistency. Also, the skraids still have some of the best tanking jewelry in the game, so it makes gearing out a new tank that much harder/longer. I personally don't see the difference between farming a skraid and farming Sambrog.

This issue really needs to be addressed.
    Freia - Level 85 Elf Minstrel, Crickhollow
    Loge - Level 85 Elf Loremaster, Crickhollow
    Brunhilde - Level 85 Hobbit Burglar, Crickhollow
    Nimrodiel - Weaver, Crickhollow

The downside to locking skraids (and Helegrod) would be that they would have to reduce drops greatly... So you might think it'll become easier to get your tanking rings, but in fact you will then HAVE to farm it for days in a row to actually get it (unless you're one of the lucky few to have what they want drop in the first few runs, which is not very likely).

That being said, the fact that they're making everything without locks may be an indication that this will happen for skraids and Helegrod as well soon enough, I'd guess whenever they revamp it.

My personal opinion which is similar to Mathili.

Turbine wants us to spend 12 weeks getting our loot. The weekly lock means we get 1/12 of our loot each run.

Turbine removes the locks. Turbine still going to want us to spend 12 weeks getting our loot. People will run the raid 10 times in one day. Turbine isn't going to let us finish in two days. This situation means the drop rate needs to lowered. Instead of 12 runs, you will 120 - 240 runs to get your loot.

There seems to be some customer unhappinessness over this situation with the smaller size model instances. The folks that do not run a lot of instances per day are not getting the good rewards because they do not pull lever often enough. When you have a low drop rate some people that pull the lever a lot will be in the - not getting getting it because bad luck.

Using a barter system makes the time investment much more visible than the loot-o-matic rare drop. For example, we do not know it is a 1% chance for our character. Barter system - I get one coupon per run - the stuff sells for 100 coupons each. Not happy.

I do not know how Turbine going to resolve the conflicting issues of:

1) Done it once this week.Got my 1/12 of the loot. Nothing to do. Bored. Turbine is happy because it will keep me busy for 12 weeks.

2) I can run it as often as I like. Turbine does not want us done in two days. People run the instance 20 times in a week. That means 240 runs are required.

For me, I do not like the run it till my eyes bleed to get my loot. It consumes too much of my valuable game time play doing the same thing over and over. I rather do a raid once a week for 3 months. I can spend the other 66 days doing something else.
    Last edited by Yula_the_Mighty; May 27 2013 at 04:14 PM.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

I dread the day when the lock on scraids are removed, and they start to run on the same system as other raids. My guardian is wearing mostly skraid jewelry (+ bracelet from warg pens, dropped after appr. 70 runs with 2 heavy classes, but that was at least fast farming), as the instances, reputation barterers and crafters have practically nothing to offer with regards to decent tanking jewelry. So the change would mean: at least 10 times as many skraid runs as before for getting decent equipment.

But (big BUT): Do you really believe that 11 other people would willing to run with you? The other classes usually have alternatives for getting comparable jewelry which are much faster and do not require to find 12 people.

Probably, with Helm's Deep, skraids and Hele will be getting the same system as the rest of the group content. But there's always hope ... (that the system will be modified to account also for people who do not have the time for massive repetitive farming due to job, family, etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by Yula_the_Mighty View Post
    My personal opinion which is similar to Mathili.

Turbine wants us to spend 12 weeks getting our loot. The weekly lock means we get 1/12 of our loot each run.

Turbine removes the locks. Turbine still going to want us to spend 12 weeks getting our loot. People will run the raid 10 times in one day. Turbine isn't going to let us finish in two days. This situation means the drop rate needs to lowered. Instead of 12 runs, you will 120 - 240 runs to get your loot.

There seems to be some customer unhappinessness over this situation with the smaller size model instances. The folks that do not run a lot of instances per day are not getting the good rewards because they do not pull lever often enough. When you have a low drop rate some people that pull the lever a lot will be in the - not getting getting it because bad luck.

Using a barter system makes the time investment much more visible than the loot-o-matic rare drop. For example, we do not know it is a 1% chance for our character. Barter system - I get one coupon per run - the stuff sells for 100 coupons each. Not happy.

I do not know how Turbine going to resolve the conflicting issues of:

1) Done it once this week.Got my 1/12 of the loot. Nothing to do. Bored. Turbine is happy because it will keep me busy for 12 weeks.

2) I can run it as often as I like. Turbine does not want us done in two days. People run the instance 20 times in a week. That means 240 runs are required.

For me, I do not like the run it till my eyes bleed to get my loot. It consumes too much of my valuable game time play doing the same thing over and over. I rather do a raid once a week for 3 months. I can spend the other 66 days doing something else.
    That's a good point yula.. but it seems like it's going in the wrong direction for us.. I already reduced my playtime to a minimum... it's boring in my opinion to endlessly farm the same instances.. weekly locks kept instances interesting for a longer time period..what's the point anyways if there's no interesting content to collect equipment for
    [b][color=orange]Nuviell - MINI 85[/color][/b] //momentan in Rift unterwegs, Shard: Brutmutter
    [b][color=orange]Faenyl - LM 85 || Cay - WRD 85 || Laori - RKP 85 || Soyra - Burg 75[/color][/b]

Quote Originally Posted by Freia View Post
    Also, the skraids still have some of the best tanking jewelry in the game.
    No, the best ones are not in skraids (Horse-lords stuff, Revered Guardian's Earring, etc...)

Quote Originally Posted by Castorix View Post
    No, the best ones are not in skraids (Horse-lords stuff, Revered Guardian's Earring, etc...)
    Sorry, but they are out of range for the vast majority of us, so practically, they don't exist.

For the horselord bracelets, you either have to be EXTREMELY lucky (caps intended due to really small chances), or you have to be willing to use "not intended gameplay", i.e. farming using makros (or a bunch of cappies or LMs) or participating in farming raids in the daily instances - "not intended" as you have to do it for hours and hours and hours, and only a selected few will not go afk for the majority of time. In the AH, the recipes go for 2000-4000 gold on my server, again out of reach for the average player not willing to stoop to the above farming methods (now for hoarding gold).

For the earring, you also have to be extremely lucky, and the problem of finding a group applies. ITA and Fornost (where, e.g., the hunter earring drops) require more skill and time than "Sambrog farm" which would be an asset - BUT: the drop rates in those two instances clusters are out of bound. Frequently, even CM does not give you any one piece of equipment for 6 people (even not a purple one). In many Fornost runs, stacking agi classes as far as possible, we only saw one teal agi earring drop, and gold never happened at all. We are still doing ITA and Fornost for a change every 2 or 3 weeks, but nobody any longer is interested in serious farming. We have given up all hope.