We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Lightbulb RPlayer to adventure with?

So I'm pretty new to RP to be fairly honest, I grasp the concept and enjoy creating a character (being a writer) I take joy in developing and learning about the character I have made. It becomes a point where they're teaching me about who they are rather than the other way around (again usually when writing a story/book). But that's the same concept, I understand staying in character and such basically "Acting" truly playing a character some times one who is far removed from yourself. I fall short on the fact that I am not a Tolkien buff, I love the world he's created and I love learning more about it. So I'll be honest in saying my character (so far) does not have a novel's worth of back story because frankly he's still teaching me who he is the more I play and adventure with him. But being someone who wants to RP and not really knowing how to go about finding others do to it with has proven difficult. Hence I came here! Before I knew there were servers dedicated to RP I made my "main" which is a term I sort of despise in some aspect because it's not like I will not like the other characters I play as. But I digress, point being traveling the large world that is LOTRO with no one and wanting to RP is sort of lonesome. So I was wondering if there was anyone who would like to do it together. Sort of start our own "Fellowship of The Ring". I don't really mind making a new character on a new server because at present my elf (main) is on Arkenstone. (I like the story of the Arkenstone, from what I have heard), but like I said it gets tiresome and really lonely some times doing repetitive quests and such by yourself when you really want to play an MMO to RP and get the full experience. It feels as though I am get maybe 20-30%

So in short like I said in case you just skipped to this highlighted line. Is I am hoping that there is someone who wants to start our own "Fellowship of The Ring", someone who maybe even can teach me a thing or two about RP. Because I learn my doing and having someone tell me "yeah you're doing it right" or "no that's not quite it." Someone to truly enjoy this wonderful game with maybe even make a friendship through this. I am open to doing it on any server just at present my main is on Arkenstone. It doesn't have to be this serious thing it can just be something we do when were sick of adventuring alone or have a set schedule like "okay every other Friday at blah, blah we'll meet up and continue our journey together." Just something to get the most out of this game.

Feel free to ask if you have questions I know I can be unclear about things some times. I play a couple hours everyday so I can really play whenever someone else wants.

Central Time.
    Last edited by ZRBillings; Aug 22 2013 at 11:57 AM.

I think it would be a good idea to include your timezone or the general area where you live. The 6 hours difference between the American East Coast and most of Europe could make coordination pretty difficult, for example.

Landroval has a casual RP group called Club Eclair. They're available any time, just /joinchannel club-eclair. I think the scheduled play sessions are Monday night, Thursday night, and Saturday morning. The level cap right now is 20 (you have to get an XP disabler from the store), and they will probably stay at that cap for a month or so, role-playing adventures up to level 26 or so. This group has been a very good introduction to role-play for me. You can click the link in my signature for the Club Eclair thread.

If you're looking for something heavier, I would also recommend Landroval. It has a multitude of heavy role-play kinships and scheduled RP player events. You can search the Landroval forums for more info.
    [CENTER][SIZE=1]MINSTREL and member of the vocal minority[/SIZE][/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Frieja View Post
    Landroval has a casual RP group called Club Eclair. They're available any time, just /joinchannel club-eclair. I think the scheduled play sessions are Monday night, Thursday night, and Saturday morning. The level cap right now is 20 (you have to get an XP disabler from the store), and they will probably stay at that cap for a month or so, role-playing adventures up to level 26 or so. This group has been a very good introduction to role-play for me. You can click the link in my signature for the Club Eclair thread.

If you're looking for something heavier, I would also recommend Landroval. It has a multitude of heavy role-play kinships and scheduled RP player events. You can search the Landroval forums for more info.
    Okay I'll have to remember that seeing as I have no one on Landroval near 20 I'll have to hold off on joining, but I will definitely try to get in on that, sounds like it could be a good time.

I'm not sure if you'd be interested or not, but I have just started a new character on Crickhollow, a hobbit named Cifo, if you'd like to adventure and rp with him from time to time. I can't promise he'd get far outside the Shire without some coaxing or other reason to leave, but we could work on finding a reason for that.

If not there, I saw you're on or plan to go on Landroval too. I also have some characters there too.

I've been rping for some time now so if you need a few pointers, I'd be glad to lend you a hand. I could also help you with questing if you so desire.

And I can't help but see your bringing up making your own "Fellowship of the Ring". That's quite a fascinating way to put it, and I like the sound of it. I'd really be interested to see where that'd bring you and those who end up with you on your adventures.

So, to make things easier, I'd be more than happy to rp and adventure Middle-earth with you. Preferably on Cifo since I don't have anyone to rp with on Crickhollow yet, but that's completely up to you. I'm happy with all my characters and more so to help someone with rping.
    Last edited by Tirnellon; Aug 29 2013 at 02:09 AM.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Tirnellon View Post
    I'm not sure if you'd be interested or not, but I have just started a new character on Crickhollow, a hobbit named Cifo, if you'd like to adventure and rp with him from time to time. I can't promise he'd get far outside the Shire without some coaxing or other reason to leave, but we could work on finding a reason for that.

If not there, I saw you're on or plan to go on Landroval too. I also have some characters there too.

I've been rping for some time now so if you need a few pointers, I'd be glad to lend you a hand. I could also help you with questing if you so desire.

And I can't help but see your bringing up making your own "Fellowship of the Ring". That's quite a fascinating way to put it, and I like the sound of it. I'd really be interested to see where that'd bring you and those who end up with you on your adventures.

So, to make things easier, I'd be more than happy to rp and adventure Middle-earth with you. Preferably on Cifo since I don't have anyone to rp with on Crickhollow yet, but that's completely up to you. I'm happy with all my characters and more so to help someone with rping.
    Yeah I'd be delighted to RP with you on Crickhollow, I suppose I'll make a Hobbit so I can get to you sooner than if I started with an Elf or Dwarf.