We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Quick Question on Volume 3, Book 8

-Howdy howdy. I would like to get the fireplace rewards from Volume 3 epic quest stuff.

However, i do not have Isengard purchased. Is that required to obtain/finish Volume 3 book 8 so i can get me firepits?

Thanks in advance, have a good one.
    Last edited by hargis1; May 26 2013 at 01:04 AM.

All the Epic Volume Quests are FREE to all players

You do not need the Quest Pack for that area
    But it would be advantageous to help with levelling should you be too low for the Book/Chapter
    HAF-X | ROG Crosshair V Formula Z | AMD FX 9370 4.4Ghz Black | 32Gb RAM | R9 290 4Gb (x2) | LG BD-RE | 500GB Samsung 850 EVO 550/540 SSD | Win10 Pro | WEI - 8.5

-Ah, many thanks.

I am curious, will i have to do Books 1-7 to get Book 8 offered for the quests i am interested in? Or is there a later point i can jump in to get to the firepit rewards faster?

I'll do what i have to, but i find the epic quests boring and involving a lot of sitting around or riding, not a lot of actual gaming. Hoping to avoid 7 books worth of stuff i don't really care about if possible.

Thanks again.

After Volume 1 Epic takes a different turn, with not nearly as much traveling around. I strongly recommend you do it from start.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/1321300000000704a/01002/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi108 View Post
    After Volume 1 Epic takes a different turn, with not nearly as much traveling around. I strongly recommend you do it from start.
    -While i certainly appreciate both your experience and your faith in the Volume III Epic being enjoyable, is the direct answer to my question that i must go through Books 1-7 to get 8? Or is there a jumping-in point later in case i don't find the prior books enjoyable to quest through?

Thanks again, have a good Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by hargis1 View Post
    -While i certainly appreciate both your experience and your faith in the Volume III Epic being enjoyable, is the direct answer to my question that i must go through Books 1-7 to get 8? Or is there a jumping-in point later in case i don't find the prior books enjoyable to quest through?

Thanks again, have a good Sunday.
    yes, yes, you can. you can skip every book to the next one, just check in lotro wiki where is the quest giver of the first chapter of the book you want to start, althrough i won't recommend this. the epics in my opinion are the funnest quests in lotro if you read discription, especially in volumes 1 (expect of the delosselad-echad candallleth-rivendell traveling) and 3.

Quote Originally Posted by ParrotGuy View Post
    yes, yes, you can. you can skip every book to the next one, just check in lotro wiki where is the quest giver of the first chapter of the book you want to start, althrough i won't recommend this. the epics in my opinion are the funnest quests in lotro if you read discription, especially in volumes 1 (expect of the delosselad-echad candallleth-rivendell traveling) and 3.
    -This does not seem correct in this instance, i cannot find, interact with, or get any response out of anyone remotely related to Book 8. All wiki and online info point to book 7 as a prereq.

Which, after doing Books 1-3 and finding them just as lacking as Volume 1 was, is very disappointing. It seems i'mat a ratio of about 10:1 on traveling & reading versus actually gaming with the first three books. Wouldn't be so bad if it didn't take so long to get through them.

Ah well, didn't need the firepit anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by hargis1 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ParrotGuy View Post
    yes, yes, you can. you can skip every book to the next one, just check in lotro wiki where is the quest giver of the first chapter of the book you want to start, althrough i won't recommend this.
    In the first half of Volume 1 (books 1-6 or so), it is possible to start each book of the epic without having completed the previous book, and work on them simultaneously. I don't think this is possible after book 6 of volume 1 and it is not generally possible through volumes 2 & 3.

In Volume 2, completing book 1 is required to advance further, but afterwards you can work on books 2-5, 6-8, and 9 simultaneously. It may be 2-6, 7-8, and 9. I know you can start the Mirkwood portion separately (that's book 9), and you can start book 6 or 7 at Haldir without completing the previous books.

Volume 3 is similar. You can work on books 1-3, 4-6, and 7-9 separately. You'd start working on the prologue/book 1 in Rivendell, book 4 at Thror's Coomb, and book 7 in Lothlorien. However, starting book 7 independently requires the Lothlorien questpack to gain enough Galadhrim rep to enter Caras Galadhon on your own -- if you do not have this, completing book 6 may be the only way you can get into Caras Galadhon to start book 7.

I haven't looked into vol 3 book 10, so I don't know if it can be started without having done books 7-9.
    Join the LotRO Volunteer QA Team!
    Use the [url="http://lotrobugs.turbine.com"][color=red]bug reporting tool[/color][/url] or type /bug in-game!*
    [SIZE=1]*no rants please[/size]