We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Stacking classes vs. balanced group

So, I was trolling Grogog last night (no surprises there) after the creep raid was facerolled halfway across the map, and a topic came up. Does stacking classes (on either side, creep or freep) allow for one side to be unfairly advantaged? Say, stacking 6 healing rks. Grogog said no, and Vic reinforced this idea later on.

So, here's the dealio. I'm not doing 6 healing rks, but I am interested in seeing how 6 captains and 6 rks shape up against a 12 man raid of any creep classes Vic chooses to recruit.

That would require me to have 6 captains and 6 rks willing to join me. (Or rather, 5 captains, since I would have to be on my captain).

This is me, asking any and all who read these forums to post below if they'd like to join. Not sure when we will be doing this for sure, since I will not be on tonight, but it will at least be some time in the near future.

Remember, 5 captains, and 6 rks. Any other class, and I can't take ya, simply because it'd throw off the results of such an experiment (sorry!). Ask your kins too -- I'll probably post some stuff on glff to try to get an idea of who would come and when they are ready.
    RIP Milkmefondly 2014

Why can't we say raids have stacked dps?
    Clown • Reject • Gigabytes

143 views and one reply? This thread seems to be doing quite well.

win!
    RIP Milkmefondly 2014

6 RKs can take out any creep raid.
    "I should call that a heavy loss, if it was not a wonder rather that in his great age he could still wield his axe as mightily as they say he did, standing over the body of King Brand before the gate of Erebor, until the darkness fell."
    http://gladdenhistory.wikispaces.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Witch0King View Post
    6 RKs can take out any creep raid.
    Don't under estimate the power of shield bash.

Quote Originally Posted by the_blah View Post
    Don't under estimate the power of shield bash.
    "I should call that a heavy loss, if it was not a wonder rather that in his great age he could still wield his axe as mightily as they say he did, standing over the body of King Brand before the gate of Erebor, until the darkness fell."
    http://gladdenhistory.wikispaces.com/

I don't know if I'll have the time. Currently shopping around for a house, car, and a workshop. Also doing research and trying to get a side business up and running before fall semester starts. Maybe get Del to roflpwn.

I stand by stacking =/= win. It's been tried before and failed. Hunter raids, burg raids (tho efficient at burning one target down instantly), minstrel raids (failed horribly), spider raids, ba raids, warg packs, etc etc. You may need to consider testing your make up though against 15-16 creeps, however, since freeps are currently OP.

Misadventure - R14 Hunter, Fatwanda-1 - R10 Guard
    Velvetsixteen - R13 Reaver, Reported - R11 Warg, Gloriousleader - R10 WL

I think 6 healing rks each healing one of six hunters would be the worst thing for a creep raid

Quote Originally Posted by Fererif View Post
    I think 6 healing rks each healing one of six hunters would be the worst thing for a creep raid
    I still want to see the capabilities of raid with 10 captains, 10 champs, and 4 LM's.

Quote Originally Posted by the_blah View Post
    I still want to see the capabilities of raid with 10 captains, 10 champs, and 4 LM's.
    12 spiders, 6 WLs, 6 defilers.
    RIP Milkmefondly 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Bond007 View Post
    12 spiders, 6 WLs, 6 defilers.
    Dot raids have been done before. I'm talking some serious AoE's!