Top tier Loot system tied exclusively to luck is a pain. Some relation to effort in the equation is always more motivating to non gamblers. Lots of good suggestions on many threads about how to balance out the luck versus grind factor and encourage play of some of the older instances.*

I've given up on getting better gear for the moment-the only place I feel/am squishy is the moors! I'd maybe notice my average stuff in tier 2 raids, but I'm not seeing many of those on Silverlode, so I wouldn't know. No one is even running Fornost or OD much anymore. So sick of doing sambrog thadur and glinghant but it's about the only option most days....

If some of the other great raids mentioned were scaled and the better of the older instances dropped better loot, or more frequent loot, than Sambrog, I'd be happy and I'd be a much better healer.

If the RNG didn't hate me I'd be happier still

*One of my fave madder ideas is to give bonus seals for the group members, the number of seals being related to the number of players in the group doing their first time through the instance. I guess this would be possible using deed log. Then, new to group/instance players are seen as a potential benefit, not just a liability.

Or a new mechanic where you give the raid leader some nice cosmetic or a Gold recipe after leading x completed raids.....