We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Strong solo creep

Howdy fellow creeps!

I am wondering what seems to be the stronger solo roaming class out there? I typically play wl but roaming the map is not their strong suit. It seems to be between weaver, reaver, and warg. Weaver seems most attractive since everyone else and there mom plays a warg, reaver or ba.

If wl is actually and strong soloer then any tips on that would be perfect but if not then some advice on a good creep class roamer would be much appreciated.

Also just to help, my wl is r7, reaver is r8, weaver is r7, and warg is r6.

I just want to play one class and end this awful altitis!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0220400000019429a/01001/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

WL is not at all weak as a solo class. It can stand against most freep classes to a reasonable degree. The issue is that they take so long to kill any freep that it is very difficult to get a kill before freep reinforcements arrive.

If you're a skilled player I recommend Weaver. It is a high-reward class for those who put effort into it and is strong in many situations.

In terms of fighting freeps one-on-one the Warg is a terrible solo class. The only freep class they can consistently beat is the hunter, everything else will either endure your DPS(Guard, Champ, Mini, Cappy, Warden) or blow you up before you can do much of anything(Burg, RK, LM). That can possibly change somewhat with Flayer, but that's all the way at R10 unless you choose to buy it from the Store, so it's not really viable to aim for that in the short term.

I would second the Weaver. From about R7 you can be quite competitive against the average freep, and are especially suited for fighting Wardens. The Reaver also becomes quite the powerhouse as you get into the higher ranks.

The Warleader and Defiler are both sturdy soloers, but they take so long to kill anything you have to rely on the freep's decision to stay and fight rather than run away. They are very much 'war of attrition' classes.
    [LEFT][COLOR=#ffffff]Morlenil Barkolomew Turmuz Shurz Gruubluk

Posting in white; so people can read my dismal ramblings easier.[/COLOR][/LEFT]

I do think Warleaders are good for solo play but as others have said here its not often that a Freep will stick around when things are not going their way and they all have at least one flight skill or simply call in reinforcements before you kill them. I still love my WL though.

I made a Reaver recently and got him to rank 8 and he can take on any class. I really have fun with my Reaver. Shield Wardens and WL spamming LMs are tough ..but then they are for any Creep class atm.
    [url=http://www.siglaunch.com/sigs/index.php][img]http://www.siglaunch.com/sigs/wsiga.php/5668936TsVpp.png[/img][/url]
    Rank 12 Warleader, Flaprat Rank 11 Reaver, various other ones i'm useless at...

I'm having a lot of fun playing a Warg, but you have to be an opportunist. Choose your battles and situations. Great class when there's a pack of you on the hunt.
    SteamBear level 101 Defiler - Legion of Lost Souls
    Twitter @Judging_Jester

I'm actually enjoying soloing with my BA pretty often. With the traps, the snares the ability to swtich between mobile and ranged stance with moving target and uruk heal, ive been able to solo high ranked freeps pretty decently. The only classes I typically run into big problems are heal spamming minnys or water lore spamming LM.

As far as full solo, I'd suggest a weaver.
    [center][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/2p79bNE.png[/IMG][/center]
    [center][color=#DC8909]ENEMA R9 BA, MONGOLOID R6 WL, BLACKHAERT R9 WARDEN/R8 CAPTAIN[/color][/center]

It depends on the server. Most are zerg-filled. As such, the warg class is the best class for choosing 1v1s - as in, choosing to fight only when there is one opponent. That said, the warg is among the weakest classes of the game. You will be able to find kills of course, the number depending on your skill level.
    If you're looking for a combination of solo-ability, group-ability, and long-term complexity, then I would recommend weaver.

reaver, if you know how to play, is very potent solo. can often get kills in 2-3v1's especially if the freeps are bad.
    lugbur R11 reaver /// guthfred R9 cappy /// beregon R8 hunter /// guthblade R9 champ + too many other things

Reaver is a very strong solo class, and fun. If played right you can handle almost anything. (except shield wardens)
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/62FAd4l.jpg[/IMG] ~~~ ©_© ~~~ [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/BmUTNGJ.jpg[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by tjs21 View Post
    Reaver is a very strong solo class, and fun. If played right you can handle almost anything. (except shield wardens)
    water-lore spamming lm's(good ones) are near-impossible too unless they have low morale, and you dev impale/ds debuff doesnt get resisted.
    lugbur R11 reaver /// guthfred R9 cappy /// beregon R8 hunter /// guthblade R9 champ + too many other things

Reaver and Weaver works well, I found Weaver fun for play, gives much play. But if you want any oppurtunity against WL or heals spammers reaver works better. I see some Warleaders doing well solo but at high ranks with Weaver rank6 you can begin have entertaining battles

Solo warg can pick its fights and 2 low cooldowns to escape with

Linked a good thread if you want to max your dps
    http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.p...rg-DPS-exploit
    Rank 15 Blackarrow HinderSpam
    55,000 Killing Blows and Counting

Reaver and Weaver.. For sure... Warg is viable.. But only if you become 'that person' and only join a fight or start a fight when you know you're gonna win.. Otherwise you will get frustrated trying to fight champs, wardens, LMs, ect. :S

IMO all creep classes are fun, and I play them all depending on what creepside needs at the moment. But for overall soloing.. I would say Reaver (for fast kills), and Weaver (for control).
    [COLOR=#E8901C]{Evogrin R11 warden} {Evogash R9 warg} [/COLOR][COLOR=#347c2c]+wayy too many others R6-8! Though I do not play lotro anymore, thank you to everyone who made this game so much fun all those years! God bless![/COLOR]

Weaver or warg I would say. However any half decent freep can easy kill a creep now 1v1

I disagree.. While that is true for classes such as champs.. A Reaver stands a good chance vs most freep classes if traited fairly far into DPS..
    [COLOR=#E8901C]{Evogrin R11 warden} {Evogash R9 warg} [/COLOR][COLOR=#347c2c]+wayy too many others R6-8! Though I do not play lotro anymore, thank you to everyone who made this game so much fun all those years! God bless![/COLOR]