We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Crafting Journals, say Artisan Metalsmith Journal - where do I find the recipes?

I have gathered lots of drops over the years and had multiples of many crafting journal recipes, but lately I have needed more and can't remember where to get them. At later zones you can purchase a Master Supreme or Westfold Journal recipe from rep vendors, but where could I find lower tier journal recipes?

The Skirm crafting NPC has shards, recipes, ingredients but not actual journal recipes. Are they Store only or am I missing a NPC source for those?

Thanks!

From what I can tell, only the Store sells these for (I think) 180 TP.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmidster View Post
    The Skirm crafting NPC has shards, recipes, ingredients but not actual journal recipes. Are they Store only or am I missing a NPC source for those?
    They are not store-only. You can find them in the Artisan Scholar Scroll Cases (purple name version) at the skirmish camp Crafting barterer, as well as from the mob-drop Artisan Scholar Scroll Cases (yellow name version).

The skirmish camp version should only have crafting journal recipes, although there's no guarantee you'll get the one you're seeking; I believe the mob-drop version can drop other artisan-tier recipes as well as crafting journal recipes, so the chance you'll get the one you're looking for is slimmer.

The final alternative is to join the metalsmith's guild and forego any need for crafting journals in your metalsmithing; only Journeyman guild standing is necessary for artisan-tier guild recipes.
    Join the LotRO Volunteer QA Team!
    Use the [url="http://lotrobugs.turbine.com"][color=red]bug reporting tool[/color][/url] or type /bug in-game!*
    [SIZE=1]*no rants please[/size]