We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

if store is down why don't we get told in the process - and how do we report it down?

Is there a way of telling what parts of the store are working.

I've tried to buy 750 TP for the last half hour.

Tried with paypal (which it accepts) and with card.

Error

That means it's an error at the server end!
    But no mention of this have I heard. and it didn't tell me as I tried to buy the points.

If it is something new do I report as an error in-game?
    I have no idea how to report 'Store' bugs

My Minstrel has a non-cancellable quest reminder on the screen after a patch - but I'm sure a bug related to me not being able to buy TP will be dealt with more expediently...

How does one report a Store bug - I've never had a problem before
    If the system is down it's a bug that people are still allowed to pass their details over the internet. I try to minimise my details going anywhere - and 5 failed tries to buy something.... come on

Good question.

The Lotro Store is run by a company called PlaySpan that is owned by Visa. As far as I know, there is no way for us to contact PlaySpan directly about these kind of issues. You need to talk Turbine Account Management and see they can help out. I suggest calling:
    http://support.turbine.com/ics/support/contactUs.asp
    Turbine on the telephone. This method only go to be useful when the phone lines are open.

When they are not open, the only viable option is to post on this forum. I doubt this forum is regularly monitored by any of the microtransaction folks outside of normal business hours.

You could always put in an email ticket:
    http://support.turbine.com/ics/suppo...?style=classic
    via the support site. Even in the best of times, it is going to take one or more days to get a response. Currently Turbine appears to have a serious backlog of email tickets. I wouldn't be surprised if you had to wait 1-2 weeks to get a response this way.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

The biggest problem seems to be no-one will pass a problem post on.

If you post an issue in game that is a bug they can't fix - they cannot just pass it on as a bug. You have to make a separate entry as a bug.

That is, where I work, poor customer service.
    We try to work with a 'single customer view' - turbine could get that better

Where a separate company is involved it's more difficult.
    But if they can post info about TP and accounts about they can report to customers there is an issue - or tell Turbine there is an issue.
    That actually requires MUCH less data transfer.
    btw - when they send a message to me and thousands of others that there is an issue - they can detect that (as they would know in order to tell me it failed)

So not a turbine problem.
    But turbine need to know their provider is behaving in a sub-standard way in their reporting.
    They do NOT point out it is their problem.

I posted it as a bug. I know the in-game guys won't be able to sort it out.

And the store just started a 'double bonus' week!!!!

£40 I'm prepared to spend now and they just don't seem to want it.

I hope it gets fixed before my annual renewal....

Quote Originally Posted by TaSwavo4God View Post
    That is, where I work, poor customer service.
    We try to work with a 'single customer view' - turbine could get that better.
    Very few companies that I know of have this policy. Typically they are companies similar to one I work for as a software developer. Our company is a solution provider and integrator for other businesses. Our customers then have people like you and me as their customers. As a human buying from one of our customers - I get the Turbine customer treatment. It is only when the problem is severe enough for our customer to bother us that the "We will solve this problem" policy take effect. Our involvement does not provide any relief for the specific humans that are upset. It is a systemic change to eliminate the occurrence of the problem going forward.

The only exception on customer relief is when we agree to replace end customer hardware like a cell phone. Or the send it in at our expense and we will fix it and mail it back at no charge. The humans never see our involvement. It all handled by our customer. Companies like Verizon, Comcast ...
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

This is a really old one and the actual issue went away, fortunately

But the idea of the 'single customer view' was not related to Turbine and PlaySpan - though they clearly share an account and character ID system for Turbine to provide that to PlaySpan and PlaySpan to let Turbine know what has been bought and apply it to character or account inventories.

What I meant though is the In-Game 'problem handlers' (I'll not give them a more elevated title) and the Developers.
    They BOTH work for turbine and so an in-game problem a 'handler' sees as a bug he/she should then PASS ON as a bug.

At present they say - I am a 'handler' and have seen this is a bug. I will consider this ticket complete even though unresolved.
    "And can you as the person messed about by this issue repeat ALL you have reported in a bug report"

THAT is what I mean by poor customer service - should be a one click solution for them to forward my TICKET as a /bug on my behalf.
    They HAVE the info I typed and all the info they need. But the Turbine system means they are not allowed to pass it on.
    Poor.

That is what I meant, not the PlaySpan/Turbine thing - though with the connection between the two I would think that a Turbine 'handler' could pass on a complaint to PlaySpan - after all the game passes on my character/account info all the time...

The Prancing Pony, usually I'm drunk in a corner
    Quote Originally Posted by TaSwavo4God View Post

What I meant though is the In-Game 'problem handlers' (I'll not give them a more elevated title) and the Developers.
    They BOTH work for turbine and so an in-game problem a 'handler' sees as a bug he/she should then PASS ON as a bug.
    Wrong.

'Problem Handlers' as you put it, work usually for Warner Brothers, but are assigned to cover LoTRO. 'Developers' work for Turbine, who is owned by Warner Brothers.

The 'problem handlers' and Developers are usually in two different places, far away from each other. They usually don't get any contact, for that matter. Therefore, they can't really pass-on a bug. .

Your best bet is to file a BUG REPORT not a ticket. Bug Reports go straight to devs, I believe.
    Did everyone get a bugged signature? My BB code doesn't work anymore

Glorgnorbor, A Rock And A Hard Place, Stop by our Friday music shows! 4PM EST at the Bree West Gate on Dwarrowdelf!
    If a Malledhrim Soldier dies alone in the forest because of canceled quest, will it make a sound? ~Leixy