We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: Class lag?

Question Class lag?

Kk, so Ive played solo and small grouped since day one on my burglar in the moors (my main class). Since RoR has promoted zerging I along with others feel players like ourselves are a dying breed and whatnot and sometimes I have to make a bigger group than 6 freeps in kin to combat 24-30 creeps at a time. Since RoR I have not been able to join a group if in a big fight ( a fight of 20-30+ players on the battlefield ) on my burglar though, I stay at 3-4 fps and it takes 1-2 minutes to get a single skill off and never mind trying to move. If I drop group while the fight happens Im totally fine again.

BUT, Im ok to be grouped in these big fights if I play on any other of my freep classes like LM/Captain/Hunter. I really dont think this is a computer issue since Im ok to group on other classes except my burglar and my desktop is pretty much up to date. Wth is wrong here?

Basically in these fights of 20-30 players on the field Im left with the option of

-stay grouped and be completely useless

-drop group and get no support (heals/buffs) and pretty much die from Aoe damage if im lucky enough not to be targetted.
    I do it for the lulz. ~SnH~
    People @ turbine/WB are a huge tease, but dont worry they end up screwing you on every update/expansion.
    " When enough scrubs get together, they accomplish great things "

best way to fix lag is to turn graphics down, all special effects off, floaty junk off, and sometimes if the lag is bad enough, point your camera at the ground and use the assist window to pick a target, then follow the mini map to hit it. only problem with that is...staring at the dirt kinda gets a bit boring after a while :P

best of luck to ya.

"Thinking you can do something is confidence; doing something is competence"
    Bannerman, r11 War-Leader/
    Ryzer, r13 Captain/ Ryzur, Minstrel.
    Skill and Valour/Divide Et Impera, Landroval. .

The lag the OP mentions is not necessarily graphical in nature (as he state she can perform just fine in the same situation ungrouped).

There are engine issues with the buff/debuff system. Certain class skills cause some very noticable performance issues.

RK heals are the biggest culprit; targets receiving focused RK heals cause creep groups with the player targeted to have some pretty severe performance stutters.

Warden AOE leaches are similar.

It's something to do with specific skills, and it very obviously tanks performance.

I am not sure if there are similar skills on creepside, though it would not surprise me to learn that there were.

Even my Signature is trolling!

Quote Originally Posted by Sezneg View Post
    The lag the OP mentions is not necessarily graphical in nature (as he state she can perform just fine in the same situation ungrouped).

There are engine issues with the buff/debuff system. Certain class skills cause some very noticable performance issues.

RK heals are the biggest culprit; targets receiving focused RK heals cause creep groups with the player targeted to have some pretty severe performance stutters.

Warden AOE leaches are similar.

It's something to do with specific skills, and it very obviously tanks performance.

I am not sure if there are similar skills on creepside, though it would not surprise me to learn that there were.
    Along with the above, which I think is fairly accurate:

my experience is that the 'older' a freepside character you have, the worse its performance is. I'm not sure if it has to do with the larger deed/quest completion log they carry around or having been patched more times, or what, but roughly speaking the more ./played a given freep I have has, the worse it suffers from lag (both in the Moors and PvE)
    [center][img]http://i58.tinypic.com/2wrm5ja_th.jpg[/img][/center]
    [center]Let our actions speak for themselves. Jinjaah has been pouring over every post in the Bullroarer forum. Please keep in mind that any experiences with previous LOTRO teams are not reflective of the current team, give us a chance[/center]

Quote Originally Posted by sebo2yoface View Post
    Kk, so Ive played solo and small grouped since day one on my burglar in the moors (my main class). Since RoR has promoted zerging I along with others feel players like ourselves are a dying breed and whatnot and sometimes I have to make a bigger group than 6 freeps in kin to combat 24-30 creeps at a time. Since RoR I have not been able to join a group if in a big fight ( a fight of 20-30+ players on the battlefield ) on my burglar though, I stay at 3-4 fps and it takes 1-2 minutes to get a single skill off and never mind trying to move. If I drop group while the fight happens Im totally fine again.

BUT, Im ok to be grouped in these big fights if I play on any other of my freep classes like LM/Captain/Hunter. I really dont think this is a computer issue since Im ok to group on other classes except my burglar and my desktop is pretty much up to date. Wth is wrong here?

Basically in these fights of 20-30 players on the field Im left with the option of

-stay grouped and be completely useless

-drop group and get no support (heals/buffs) and pretty much die from Aoe damage if im lucky enough not to be targetted.
    I was grouped with a friend last night; on his hunter he was fine, on his burg he lagged so much it was unplayable.

Something is going on with the burglar class I've no doubt.
    "the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best" - Henry VanDyke

alot of time I get hitching when swapping gear or activating skills with longer animations so generally i just reboot the PC or client and it seems to clear it up a bit, but I do turn alot of things off to speed up performance such as viewing other players buffs and lower textures etc

have heard of nothing with regards to burglars
    "death is nothing to us, for when we are.. death has not come. And when death has finally come, we are not"
    R7 Spider/R11 Reaver - R13/R11 Champion