We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Is anything being done about the bugged quests in the new area?

The latest update/hotfix stated:

Defence of Scylfig
    Addressed an issue that allowed fellowships to enter the instance causing various errors. This is a solo instance.

However, I am still unable to do any quests on two different characters because I entered and completed the instance with a friend before completing any of the other quests. I haven't heard anything new about this in a while. Is anyone else in the same boat?

Presumably you /bug'ged it?
    [COLOR=Red][B]TANSTAAFL[/B][/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by mjk47 View Post
    Presumably you /bug'ged it?
    Yeah, unfortunately GM's can't do anything about it and /bug doesn't help fix specific character issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Ariden26 View Post
    However, I am still unable to do any quests on two different characters because I entered and completed the instance with a friend before completing any of the other quests. I haven't heard anything new about this in a while. Is anyone else in the same boat?
    I also completed this in a duo before the patch, but I was not prevented from completing further quests.
    R5 100 GRD Marevayave - Leader of [U][B]Riddermark[/B][/U]ed For Death
    R8 100 MNS Fayah/100 LM Siennah/100 HNT Dinenol/100 RK Dhurik
    100 CHN Alachas/85 CPT Dinfaerien/60 BUR Dhax/35 WDN Godoric
    R9 100 MNS Fayeh (alt Wilya) - Lonely Mountain Band @ [U][B]Landroval[/B][/U]

Quote Originally Posted by Mar-Evayave View Post
    I also completed this in a duo before the patch, but I was not prevented from completing further quests.
    Lucky you :/ I'm VIP on both accounts and one of my subscriptions is about it end. It's unfortunate that this probably wont be fixed in time for me to quest in the new area on that character when and if it ever gets fixed for me.

I dunno, I always do things in order. That's why I'm currently on my fourth toon (playing in a duo the whole way through) and haven't encountered a problem.

I dunno, I always do things in order. That's why I'm currently on my fourth toon (playing in a duo the whole way through) and haven't encountered a problem.
    Uh, yeah.. If I would of known what the order was, the issue wouldn't have happened.

Anyhow, I spoke to a GM again today and the issue is being fixed in the next patch.

Good to hear it will be addressed. Does the patch also include a fix for people who turned quests in out-of-order at Forlaw (the ones with Cyneberg leaving before they finished turning their quests in)?

As for order, apparently the reason so many people had problems with Cyneberg's quests is because they would start the session play without turning in their side-quests first. Then when the session play is over, Cyneberg goes away and they are left with their extra quests.

What I don't understand is why Cyneberg doesn't just reappear. There are many, many places, including some here in Wildermore, in which NPCs "go away" but then come back for another person to interact with. That includes that weird spirit bloke on one of the islands as well as an NPC at one of the farms (you "rescue" him and he goes away, and fellow members have to wait for him to respawn). Those are just two examples; there are others in Wildermore, and many others across the game as a whole.

So why didn't the devs do this for Cyneberg? -.-

Good to hear it will be addressed. Does the patch also include a fix for people who turned quests in out-of-order at Forlaw (the ones with Cyneberg leaving before they finished turning their quests in)?

As for order, apparently the reason so many people had problems with Cyneberg's quests is because they would start the session play without turning in their side-quests first. Then when the session play is over, Cyneberg goes away and they are left with their extra quests.

What I don't understand is why Cyneberg doesn't just reappear. There are many, many places, including some here in Wildermore, in which NPCs "go away" but then come back for another person to interact with. That includes that weird spirit bloke on one of the islands as well as an NPC at one of the farms (you "rescue" him and he goes away, and fellow members have to wait for him to respawn). Those are just two examples; there are others in Wildermore, and many others across the game as a whole.

THIS. I'm unable to start any of the Survivors of Wildermore reputatuion quests because of this bug - it needs to be fixed because it is essentially, a broken game and not just for myself but others too.

This is the same problem that I am having, and yes the GM said it is supposed to be fixed in the next patch (whenever that is). I completed the instance while in a fellowship with a kinmate who was ahead of me in quests. The instance was the one where the ice guy throws one of the NPC's. far away. I didn't know my kinmate was ahead of me in quests so I travelled in the instance with him and finished it. When I came out of the instance all the quest rings on on my mini map but none of the NPC's are available to talk to. This was on the first day of the new update and I still check back every so often to see if it's fixed and there still isnt any NPC's available.

Quote Originally Posted by Ariden26 View Post
    I didn't know my kinmate was ahead of me in quests so I travelled in the instance with him and finished it. When I came out of the instance all the quest rings on on my mini map but none of the NPC's are available to talk to.
    I made the exact same mistake when Great River launched. I helped a friend, who was ahead of me on a quest chain, and my own quests in that area became locked/bugged by a phasing issue. That was about a year ago. I bug it every update. It has not been fixed. No GM has helped. I have come to expect this as standard operating procedure at Turbine.