We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

OD Loot scaled/not scaled

So I wanted to ask before I took the time to get a group and taught them the mechanics of OD's final boss Gortheron in T2 challenge .... Can the old Epic quality sword the Baingrist still drop? or with the scaling did it get removed.

Aside from that question.....if i run it at 85 can i get a scaled version? I've not been able to find a clear answer on this anywhere so far so any help would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by Talizar View Post
    Can the old Epic quality sword the Baingrist still drop? or with the scaling did it get removed.

Aside from that question.....if i run it at 85 can i get a scaled version?
    All pre-existing Loot from all Mirkwood and In Their Absence instances and raids was removed when they were scaled. If you still have it, good for you, but you cannot get any of them anymore. There are brand new teal items dropping which scale with level and are actually very nice for their level regardless of whether it's 85, 65 or in between. You also have a chance of getting a gold class item at level 85 only.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/1321300000000704a/01002/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi108 View Post
    All pre-existing Loot from all Mirkwood and In Their Absence instances and raids was removed when they were scaled. If you still have it, good for you, but you cannot get any of them anymore. There are brand new teal items dropping which scale with level and are actually very nice for their level regardless of whether it's 85, 65 or in between. You also have a chance of getting a gold class item at level 85 only.
    Is that true in OD only or Raids in general? We've had the current Gold Class Items, scaled to lower lvls, drop for our Monday Night Lowbie Group out of Fornost and GB.
    [CENTER][img]http://www.djelle.dk/sig-lotro.jpg?&f=gp&id=7697947&lo=0e0c0e111pp10&t1=Gedachtnis&u=ironyandspite.guildportal.com&k=Irony%20and%20Spite&i=www.axiomfiles.com/Files/375005/Copy%2520of%2520Irony-and-Spite_LOGO1.jpg[/img]
    It's all to clear we are on our own.[/CENTER]

All the gold class items show up with item level 88 stats in the plugin Compendium, implying that they all scale. Down to lvl 50, I hear, along with the teals, if that instance can be scaled down to 50.

I've personally seen a Malledhrim Captain Shield and a Revered Warden's Earring at sub-85 levels. Earring dropped from like Fear or something at 65, while we were just rushing through it to get Disease/Poison locks for alts.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/03202000000363f98/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    Rechart, Warden
    [url="http://platemetaljacket.blogspot.com/"]Plate Metal Jacket[/url]

Yup no Baingrist unfortunately. However, its such a great raid that its definitely worthy of being run. Don't know how well it scaled but hopefully some of the difficulty remains.
    Noldor of Arkenstone

I wasn't aware that gold items scale as well, sorry for confusion.

P.S. I've run full OD 3 times within last week. Best raid in LOTRO, in my opinion.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/1321300000000704a/01002/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi108 View Post
    I wasn't aware that gold items scale as well, sorry for confusion.

P.S. I've run full OD 3 times within last week. Best raid in LOTRO, in my opinion.
    And i did it 50 times haha. Another Ivar's champion title, Leo! And you finally got yours as well

Anyway: Anyone got confirmation of the Herbal item that ivar used to drop before revamp? is still there? I can confirm it doesnt drop in lvl 65 but i didnt tried ivar wing at 85 yet, only the other 4.
    Saelyth is not forgotten...

Quote Originally Posted by Magol View Post
    And i did it 50 times haha. Another Ivar's champion title, Leo! And you finally got yours as well

Anyway: Anyone got confirmation of the Herbal item that ivar used to drop before revamp? is still there? I can confirm it doesnt drop in lvl 65 but i didnt tried ivar wing at 85 yet, only the other 4.
    As has been stated before, NONE of the old items from OD are available as loot, only the new scalable rewards can drop. So, you can no longer acquire any of the items that used to drop from OD at 65.
    Eilinel, Bejaren- 85 Hunters
    Lienric-85 Warden
    Ilenwyn-85 Mini
    Gerlendad- 85 Burg