We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Results 1 to 20 of 20

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    448

    Fun New U11 Draigoch bug?

    Anyone else seeing this? Draigoch's body is getting redrawn at the start position during Phase 1, and invisible (but present) at the other positions.

    So if, after the first round of combat, Draigoch moves left, the DPS group and head-Tank will have targettable circles at the correct positions, but nothing to look at: head and claws are actually drawn at the original positions. From the DPS group perspective, not much changed, but this makes the job of head-Tank calling out directions to move ... difficult. (The DPS group can actually look out across the room and see Draig's body on the wall on the other side, while targetting invisible claws right in front of us.)

    Since the head's not drawn at the proper platform, calling out the second move based on the head's movement at the end of combat may not be possible.
    Join the LotRO Volunteer QA Team!
    Use the [url="http://lotrobugs.turbine.com"][color=red]bug reporting tool[/color][/url] or type /bug in-game!*
    [SIZE=1]*no rants please[/size]

  2. #2

    Screen Shot of the Bug

    I got the same bug today... Even reset the instance to see if it would go away... Nope!

    Wasted 3 hours and my entire night of playing thanks to this bug! Really not happy about it...

    Here is a Screen Shot I took showing the head targeted but the Dragon's body obviously shown being somewhere else:
    http://sphotos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphoto...95428659_o.jpg

    We tried working through it but it's impossible to call where he is going when you can't see him.

  3. #3
    A couple of hours lost tonight thanks to this wonderful feature of the Draigoch raid... We partially solved it by using 2 tanks as in the 'classic' way and ensure there's always someone to face the Invisible Head. The real fun is in the 3rd phase, because there's no way of knowing where the head is and the big animal is jumping and 'caving' and interrupting inductions of whatever heal you want to squeeze to the group. The tank has no idea where to go. The 'shadow spot' at the funny place under, hm, the tail of the dragon is not a working indicator for position. A complete mess. One of the CJs should have been called like this - A Complete And Bloody Mess.

    As a matter of fact, I remember seeing this bug a long time ago, this is not really new. But it was very exceptional and remaking the raid was fixing it. Well, no more such easy solutions... Bring a few more tanks when you go there, so that in 3rd phase they can 'cover' all possible spots for the head of Ninja Draigoch.

    Considering the long and solid history of Draigoch bugs being systematically fixed, I expect that the awful state of this raid will soon be affected by... absolutely nothing.

    P.S. Got logged off during submitting - these forums are functioning in such a flawlessly elegant manner as Draigoch.

  4. #4
    My kin had this happen too. The body isn't redrawn though. It actually shows him fly in a circle back to the original spot. We ran the first two phases like normal. You can still stand in the same spots at the top and just watch Draigoch from there. He still does the normal animations while standing in that first spot.

    We failed on phase 3 though. I had his head right after phase 3 started and after he went down and got up the first time. Then I couldn't find his head after he moved again. I ran in a circle all the way around the bottom and never found it. I pretty positive that it just compketely bugged at that point and there was no head anywhere. The first two times it wasn't even in the normal spots. I tabbed to it and had to go off to the side of where it normally is.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Nen Ellui Falathorn Homestead
    Posts
    23
    Had this happen last week. Was ok until p3 then it became a nightmare. People kept getting burned because when he would spit fire when phasing and we couldn't tell where he was going to turn. It was bad enough with him going brain dead all that time and now this?
    [URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/23/3w5q.jpg/][IMG]http://imageshack.us/a/img23/9370/3w5q.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    146
    raiders are bored because of no challenge? turbine and bugs help them to face real challenge... *irony*
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2322100000017383f/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    1,456
    Quote Originally Posted by Jezzebel View Post
    Had this happen last week. Was ok until p3 then it became a nightmare. People kept getting burned because when he would spit fire when phasing and we couldn't tell where he was going to turn. It was bad enough with him going brain dead all that time and now this?
    Were not the "whirwinds" visible? I've always used them as que as to which direction the dragon will turn. It's been so long since I visited Draigoch so it's possible I misremember things.
    [I]A small cog in a big machine.
    [/I]
    Life has no "Undo" button, only "I'm sorry". Thinking before doing is a good thing.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Brandywine
    Posts
    2,226
    Quote Originally Posted by Danchir View Post
    The real fun is in the 3rd phase, because there's no way of knowing where the head is and the big animal is jumping and 'caving' and interrupting inductions of whatever heal you want to squeeze to the group. The tank has no idea where to go. The 'shadow spot' at the funny place under, hm, the tail of the dragon is not a working indicator for position.

    I don't know about this bug, but tank might be able to know where to go to find head easily.

    In phase three, when group is fighting claws and tank is at the head, Draig flies into the air, so everyone must run back to that brown spot, now as Draig flaps wings watch for the gold coins to fly in the air. One side of the treasure pile will have gold coins flying in the wind. I have not done Draig in a long time so I might get this backwards, but I think as soon as coins fly in air, the tank runs to the opposite side and thats where the head will be (if my memory fails then it's tank runs to flying coins side).

    Standing at brown spot looking forwards tank runs at 45 degree angle so that he runs over a little hill. There is a hill of coins on either side at 45 degrees. Stand on other side of hill close to outer wall, and hit TAB and you should target the head.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    274
    Quote Originally Posted by MightyKOko View Post
    Phase 1 and 2 are correct, this is indeed the very first tactics we used back when Draig were released and before reaslising how we can predict his movement direction. It's just that you dont see his head now
    Thanks for responding! I miss seeing him bite and pounce up top, but I'd rather have this bug than the braindead one. At least it's not necessarily the end of the raid.

    Quote Originally Posted by enginekid88 View Post
    In phase three, when group is fighting claws and tank is at the head, Draig flies into the air, so everyone must run back to that brown spot, now as Draig flaps wings watch for the gold coins to fly in the air. One side of the treasure pile will have gold coins flying in the wind. I have not done Draig in a long time so I might get this backwards, but I think as soon as coins fly in air, the tank runs to the opposite side and thats where the head will be (if my memory fails then it's tank runs to flying coins side).
    Yes, the head is supposed to be directly across from the coin whirlwinds; tank runs to the new location while avoiding the center of the floor. But if the cyclones are no longer reliable, then have extra tanks stand at possible locations and tab or cycle through targets with F10, as MATEOS-1 recommends.

    DPS group reported not being able to find the claws last night, that they might've been on a different side from the head (e.g. head at N, claws at E). Anyone had this happen to them?
    Laineth, Lassdhel, Rikkom, Rilem, & alts // Google+
    Scholar Resource Maps for Eriador (https://goo.gl/photos/RavGWt9AYPNb6Wes5), Rhovanion (https://goo.gl/photos/jRuu1TmSoXGCfpTS7), and Gondor (https://goo.gl/photos/UD6JKgJQLcsMLYNHA)
    Many hands make light work; please help update the LOTRO Wiki!
    It takes a tree decades to grow to maturity, minutes to cut it down.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Bulgaria
    Posts
    473
    Braindead Draigoch is back with the last update. Enjoy!

    Turbine's inability to provide working content is beyond amusing.
    I hunt. I kill.

    Warden by destiny, Hunter in the heart.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by enginekid88 View Post
    I don't know about this bug, but tank might be able to know where to go to find head easily.

    In phase three, when group is fighting claws and tank is at the head, Draig flies into the air, so everyone must run back to that brown spot, now as Draig flaps wings watch for the gold coins to fly in the air. One side of the treasure pile will have gold coins flying in the wind. I have not done Draig in a long time so I might get this backwards, but I think as soon as coins fly in air, the tank runs to the opposite side and thats where the head will be (if my memory fails then it's tank runs to flying coins side).

    Standing at brown spot looking forwards tank runs at 45 degree angle so that he runs over a little hill. There is a hill of coins on either side at 45 degrees. Stand on other side of hill close to outer wall, and hit TAB and you should target the head.
    Once the problem is known, solutions can be created. Ultimately, you can enter with 2, 3 or 4 tanks (just the 'heavies' in the group) and they'll cover everything possible in 2 seconds. Kinda silly and I hate such 'workarounds' for broken content because they are almost like some freaky justified exploits to me but fine, no problem.

    The problem is that we went to Phase 3 and then it was this weird wipe which, although I had the itchy feeling something went wrong not on our side, we couldn't point a finger and a sleepy eye at it. OK, tank missed the right spot, or was too far, or too slow, or we got rusty for not doing this ride for a while, etc. Except that the tank wasn't newbie and everything really seemed fine on our side. You know how it is - when a problem occurs, people tend to look for the reason first in themselves and then in the 'machine', thus sometimes missing the obvious. Pretty naive on my side, especially when it comes down to this game.
    Then, of course, we repeated everything only to fall into the same weird wipe again, but this time we just paid attention to what's happening, rather than 'automatically' doing the fight. Very nicely spent evening for 8/10/12/I don't remember how many people. No wonder that afterwards I found the forum with several threads on the same problem...

    This was the old story. The addition comes with U11.3 that made the ride working for some, but it blocked for us in Phase 1 after a lag spike and everything started to look very... braindead. And I have no idea if the 'animation bug' is waiting in Phase 3 anyway. Which will still keep the raid as 'unplayable' in my book. Therefore fixing one of the issues (if it is fixed at all, I need some convincing there) may be half the work but it adds nothing to the playability of the instance (which is zero).

    Take home message: If you want to spare yourself from some negative experience in the game, reading these forums is essential. Waiting a day or two after an update as well.
    Last edited by Danchir; Aug 28 2013 at 06:56 PM.

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload