We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Level 32 - Defeating mobs with 3k + health.

Hello All,

So my Hunter is level 32 and I'm doing some quests in the north downs and there are Orc's with 3000k+ heath. I have player crafted gear that is sutied to my level but I have to wonder how can I do that much damage, even with Fire/Light oils and using traps at max distance the mob still have alot of heath by the time it arrives to me.

I'm using Strengh stance, I usually open up with Swift, then Pen. shot, then quick (to get that slow in before it gets too close) and go from there, waiting for the mob to drop past 1/2 heath to use that Mercy shot when I can.

Is there some other sequence I should use or beter tactics?

Thanks!

Miasto Stołeczne Warszawa (The Capital City of Warsaw)
    3k HP mobs are designed for fellowships (or solo champions).

Sounds like you're trying to fights mobs that are intended for groups, not solo players.

If they are the orcs I am thinking of, that is part of the Epic Storyline which is designed to be completed either with a group or with the Inspiration buff active. So, if you are having trouble you should be able to continue the epic and it will send you back to that area and you can have your revenge.

A few things come to mind to try out. Traps are always useful for powerful opponents of course. Be sure to focus up before starting firing anything so you're maxed out with focus and get the crit buff. If you're in Strength stance, hit your target with Quick Shot first, which will put a slow on it, then Barbed Arrow, to get a bleed going, then Penetrating Shot, then Swift Bow to refill your focus. Remember once the orc closes, you can use Scourging Blow to remove the BA bleed, do a nice bit of extra damage, then fire another BA w/no induction to get another bleed going. Don't forget Intent Concentration to refill your focus if you need it. If you're daring, you can try setting your trap just beyond max arrow range of the mob, move in front of the trap, get your first volley of shots off, then back up as the orc gets close, trap him, then move back to your max again and get another set of shots into him. Those orcs are tough to solo on-level, and that area is full of mobs too, many standing within aggro range of each other, so be careful where you set up and what you take on. Always clear the area of the normal mobs before engaging the elites. Some of the later quests out there will be very difficult to solo on-level, (killing the trolls/bone speakers, etc.) so you might think about getting one or two other players/kinnies to help, or wait a level or two and come back. Good hunting!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0820700000006438d/01007/signature.png]Tharlhondin[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by doxus View Post
    If you're in Strength stance, hit your target with Quick Shot first, which will put a slow on it, then Barbed Arrow, to get a bleed going, then Penetrating Shot, then Swift Bow to refill your focus. Remember once the orc closes, you can use Scourging Blow to remove the BA bleed, do a nice bit of extra damage, then fire another BA w/no induction to get another bleed going.
    sorry, you are wrong there - it is "Improved Scourging Blow" available at 72lvl.

The advice above around specific skill rotations is sound , but as pointed out you won't have the improved versions of these skills eg. The improved focus skill with a crit buff.
    Other practical advice would be try eating some trail food with agi or vit, only pull one at a time, have a stack of moral potions with you. If you're elven race use the parry buff sooner rather than last minute and the silvan shadows skill might help you with some of the quests there.

Otherwise its just difficult, that area is meant for 3 players going round together so it will be difficult. It's a pain to find some people to do it with sometimes but its really worth it, keep trying , using ooc in esteldin or /join channel glff hopefully you'll get a taker
    Good luck / happy hunting