We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Crazy threat generation in mounted combat

Is it just me or do cappies have some ridiculous levels of threat generation in mounted combat? I usually run in full tanking gear, 1040 might/1910 vitality and use the blue line on my warsteed so my dps is not high at all. I like to use a shortcut I made for /follow to keep right ontop of mobs rather than worry about a fury bonus so I tend to get more hits in that those who just ride around in circles. With almost every warband short of Shaguk in Wildermore I can tank and spank them in blue line without any heals and what confuses the hell outta me is that I almost never lose the aggression even against well gear players?? I can even hold them off of my gf's glass cannon runekeeper. Usually only glass cannon champs pull from me. If you think I'm nuts try it for yourself!

And to top this all off I use a light warsteed because I hate not having dash as a toggle. Cappies are nuts, none of my other 4 85's can do half of what my cappy can in MC. All I can guess is that using /follow for all those extra attacks is what builds up so much threat?
    You gotta chill to take it to the next level.

Quote Originally Posted by RoyRogersMcFreely View Post
    Is it just me or do cappies have some ridiculous levels of threat generation in mounted combat? I usually run in full tanking gear, 1040 might/1910 vitality and use the blue line on my warsteed so my dps is not high at all. I like to use a shortcut I made for /follow to keep right ontop of mobs rather than worry about a fury bonus so I tend to get more hits in that those who just ride around in circles. With almost every warband short of Shaguk in Wildermore I can tank and spank them in blue line without any heals and what confuses the hell outta me is that I almost never lose the aggression even against well gear players?? I can even hold them off of my gf's glass cannon runekeeper. Usually only glass cannon champs pull from me. If you think I'm nuts try it for yourself!

And to top this all off I use a light warsteed because I hate not having dash as a toggle. Cappies are nuts, none of my other 4 85's can do half of what my cappy can in MC. All I can guess is that using /follow for all those extra attacks is what builds up so much threat?
    You're running in Blue it's more of a Threat gen skill build
    also invest more points into that Red Lined trait where you get -% Healing/Dmg Threat (Iirc you can invest into it 3x for a total of -30%) even though they "Nerfed" our Cappies DPS, it didn't change a thing we're still the best on MC and can still hit 15ks' + you will get aggro very easily

The Rohirrim line, while loaded with healing skills, is a tanking line.

Take a look at Measured Attack and Oppressive Blow the next time your in Rohirrim and you'll see what I mean.
    Maley Oakensage, Captain of Landroval

Alas Elendilmir, may you *jingle jangle* forever in the Forgotten West

Steam: Almagnus1

Well I'll be, that does explain it all. Let that be a testament to how well we can tank stuff in MC then, and how poorly I read. :P
    You gotta chill to take it to the next level.