We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Game of Thrones-ification?

I wonder if anyone else is feeling that the Wildermore quests and stories are more like George R.R. Martin than J.R.R. Tolkien? I'm referring to things like the quest where we are directed to gather stakes and orc heads and plant them along the road to Forlaw. It's an orcish tactic that just seems very, very wrong for the Free Peoples to emulate.
    Mornawen "Molly" Bayberry
    Assistant Archivist of Bree, Landroval server
    Kinswoman of The Lonely Mountain Band

Quote Originally Posted by ferdinanda View Post
    I wonder if anyone else is feeling that the Wildermore quests and stories are more like George R.R. Martin than J.R.R. Tolkien? I'm referring to things like the quest where we are directed to gather stakes and orc heads and plant them along the road to Forlaw. It's an orcish tactic that just seems very, very wrong for the Free Peoples to emulate.
    Sticking Orc-heads on stakes as a warning is legit, the Riders of Rohan left behind one such after they wiped out the Orcs who'd captured Merry and Pippin. Elsewhere, Beorn stuck goblin-heads on stakes and nailed warg-hides to trees. Some of the Free Peoples (the not-so-civilised ones) are really rather violent

Yes, you're right, Radhruin, I'd forgotten about those things, never mind!

It must be difficult to come up with the hundreds of quests and stories necessary to make the game interesting.
    Mornawen "Molly" Bayberry
    Assistant Archivist of Bree, Landroval server
    Kinswoman of The Lonely Mountain Band

This brings to mind something else though that is quite wrong. Hobbits on warhorse mounts going full charge into battle is the worst thing done since WB took Animaniacs off the air. Honestly, it takes so much away from Bullroarer. Seems now he really wasn't very impressive being my lil hobbit lass can ride as well as he could. I would have been happier with an alternative to mounted combat for those of us that do enjoy the lore over the glitter.

Quote Originally Posted by Emere View Post
    since WB took Animaniacs off the air
    Animaniacs are back! Do you get The Hub channel where yer at?
    Last edited by bambubambubambu; May 28 2013 at 11:29 AM.
    Today is a good day for Pie.

Do not meddle in the affairs of Burglars, for they are subtle and quick to shank you.

I thought the idea of a land that was gripped in Winter was more of a Game of Thrones thing. I dont object to the idea, Ijust thought I would mention it when i saw this thread
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/202240000002126b0/01005/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]