We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

What is a Noob? (Soapbox WARNING)

This should be a must read for anyone who plays online:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=noob

And after reading this, I have to admit, that in many aspects, I really am a noob as Vic pointed out in his post.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravyrn View Post
    Congratz to the biggest and oldest noob on the server! <3
    For one: I am not getting any better at playing my characters and as a matter of fact, the older I get, the worst I play.

Other noobish behaviors I may display are getting killed over and over in similar situations.

For example: This morning Debuff killed me in Isendeep several times and I kept coming back to die again. That can certainly be deemed as noobish behavior, especially from Debuffs perspective.

But wait? It is about perspective and we all measure success and challenges in different ways don't we?

Not getting upset when you die in a pvp zone isn't very "Noob" now is it? Also, being a lesser accomplished player facing an opponent that is Overpowered to start with and watching them use three disappears, pot and burn cooldowns just to get a kill on someone that they know is weaker? That I found entertaining..

Me fighting an accomplish Burg and hoping to win is a futile effort, but I find other measures to challenge myself and Debuff along with many other Freeps provide me with tons of laughs everyday.. Especially when I don't release right away and they Corpse Jump me. That's another feather in my cap, just knowing I rate a good jumping gives me another nice little chuckle..

I also find it interesting that the above definition points out that it's often the case that a real noob is usually the first to call someone else a noob. That they tend to call out and belittle others in open forums and enjoy making fun of others to their so-called homeys.

So in wrapping up, I guess in some ways I am a noob, as most of us are at times. As a matter of fact, I wish we had a NOOB title. That would mean more to me than any of the other Titles that Turbine let's me have.
    Ronnug - The Blueberry Reaver on Gladden
    I don't feel a thing when dieing ingame. The only time I really mind is when the rez is on the other side of the map.

Quote Originally Posted by DaxMaxtor View Post
    This should be a must read for anyone who plays online:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=noob

And after reading this, I have to admit, that in many aspects, I really am a noob as Vic pointed out in his post.

For one: I am not getting any better at playing my characters and as a matter of fact, the older I get, the worst I play.

Other noobish behaviors I may display are getting killed over and over in similar situations.

For example: This morning Debuff killed me in Isendeep several times and I kept coming back to die again. That can certainly be deemed as noobish behavior, especially from Debuffs perspective.

But wait? It is about perspective and we all measure success and challenges in different ways don't we?

Not getting upset when you die in a pvp zone isn't very "Noob" now is it? Also, being a lesser accomplished player facing an opponent that is Overpowered to start with and watching them use three disappears, pot and burn cooldowns just to get a kill on someone that they know is weaker? That I found entertaining..

Me fighting an accomplish Burg and hoping to win is a futile effort, but I find other measures to challenge myself and Debuff along with many other Freeps provide me with tons of laughs everyday.. Especially when I don't release right away and they Corpse Jump me. That's another feather in my cap, just knowing I rate a good jumping gives me another nice little chuckle..

I also find it interesting that the above definition points out that it's often the case that a real noob is usually the first to call someone else a noob. That they tend to call out and belittle others in open forums and enjoy making fun of others to their so-called homeys.

So in wrapping up, I guess in some ways I am a noob, as most of us are at times. As a matter of fact, I wish we had a NOOB title. That would mean more to me than any of the other Titles that Turbine let's me have.
    FYI: The noob reference was made in jest, not with intention to insult you. And if there was a noob title, I trust you would wear it proudly and do it justice. Congratulations again on rank 12.
    [CENTER][COLOR=#C7CF92][img]http://i.imgur.com/9rGw1Yd.gif[/img]
    Misadventure - R14 Hunter, Fatwanda-1 - R10 Guard
    Velvetsixteen - R13 Reaver, Reported - R11 Warg, Gloriousleader - R10 WL[/COLOR]
    [/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Ravyrn View Post
    FYI: The noob reference was made in jest, not with intention to insult you. And if there was a noob title, I trust you would wear it proudly and do it justice. Congratulations again on rank 12.
    No insult was taken and your noob comment was only one of several I've heard recently, not directed at me sourly but others in general. I just used it as reference because it was quotable.. I've even used it thinking it was referring to someone as being a newbie.

See, even an old dog like me can learn new things now and then.. Just keep it simple plz?
    I don't feel a thing when dieing ingame. The only time I really mind is when the rez is on the other side of the map.

No insult was taken and your noob comment was only one of several I've heard recently, not directed at me sourly but others in general. I just used it as reference because it was quotable.. I've even used it thinking it was referring to someone as being a newbie.

See, even an old dog like me can learn new things now and then.. Just keep it simple plz?
    I'll strive for simplicity, sir.
    [CENTER][COLOR=#C7CF92][img]http://i.imgur.com/9rGw1Yd.gif[/img]
    Misadventure - R14 Hunter, Fatwanda-1 - R10 Guard
    Velvetsixteen - R13 Reaver, Reported - R11 Warg, Gloriousleader - R10 WL[/COLOR]
    [/CENTER]

Gunnor of a the people i have played this game with you are one of the best I have had the pleasure to meet. You come here to have some fun, a lot of others forget that is why we are all here.

Grats on 12 sir

I enjoy making fun of bad players but I am the best at LOTRO. This quote is obviously untrue.
    Belegarod - Guard \ Belegarond-1 - Captain / Belegorond - Champion \ Maveryck - Runekeeper / Glaxe-1 - Burg \ Atwo-1 - LM / Jaspir - Warden \ Gladden

t.

this is what i laughed so hard at, cause it made me think of the other day when we were killin off npcs or maybe freeps between tr and oc and you hit dying rage. I remember all i heard was oh $&*( i accidently hit dying rage. I cant laugh too hard i do the same thing but i never was a good player to begin with haha.
    Warisi(Champ).......Rangers of the West
    Philladeas(WL), GrumpyCat(Warg)...Soldiers Of The White Hand
    DocPhil(Defiler), HardCharger(Reaver).....Shadow of the West
    1/2 of the WLBrigade

I still have those blond moments where I use MT after jumping off the bridge. Guess you got your answer
    Do you come from a land down under? Where women glow and men plunder? Can't you hear, can't you hear the thunder? You better run, you better take cover - Men at Work.
    You're welcome. Now it will fester in your head :p

Talking

[QUOTE=DaxMaxtor;6798479]

Especially when I don't release right away and they Corpse Jump me. That's another feather in my cap, just knowing I rate a good jumping gives me another nice little chuckle..

I laugh when people Jump me. In fact I prolly will retreat faster if you dont jump me.

I am the epitome of a noob.

A noob title huh?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0120300000005f6a0/signature.png]Lathius[/charsig]
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Lathius View Post
    A noob title huh?
    Yea, that would be so kewl.. What was that title we got way back for running thru the Moors as a chicken? "Fool"?

It's been a while sense I looked at Gunnor, but I think he's still wearing the Fool title for that. Noob would fit like a glove on Ronnug for sure.