We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Premium mounts cost $27.93 US...isn't that a bit over the top?

I did the math and figured out how much real life money some of this stuff costs and let me tell you Turbine is making serious money. $27.93 for a mount that only goes 68% percent faster? I'd feel like the price wasn't so bad if it was 100% faster...but 68?

The 6th bag costs $13.93 US. That's per character so it would really add up fast!

One black dye is $1.40 US, so dying an entire 6 or 7 piece outfit would be pretty darn expensive.

I won't even start in on the mithril coin but do the math and you are going to vomit over how much those 50 mithril coin outfits really cost.

When I first started playing this game I spend hundreds of dollars, I was like a kid in a candy store. Buying cosmetics and dyes and the expensive mount and all that. I don't do that now. I got it out of my system. But this game is the most expensive "free" game I have ever played lol.

Lol yea this is why I refuse to buy TP for anything. The prices are so ridiculously inflated. How they justify this I have no idea. I will spend money on Expansions and VIP from time to time that is all. almost 30 dollars for a damn horse! lol
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0620500000014065e/01003/signature.png]Xerious[/charsig]

+68% speed mounts are available in-game via actual in-game achievement. There's no need to buy them with real money.

Black Dye is really easy to obtain in-game as well.

6th bag... can't help you there.

Quote Originally Posted by elfincat View Post
    I did the math and figured out how much real life money some of this stuff costs and let me tell you Turbine is making serious money. $27.93 for a mount that only goes 68% percent faster? I'd feel like the price wasn't so bad if it was 100% faster...but 68?

The 6th bag costs $13.93 US. That's per character so it would really add up fast!

One black dye is $1.40 US, so dying an entire 6 or 7 piece outfit would be pretty darn expensive.

I won't even start in on the mithril coin but do the math and you are going to vomit over how much those 50 mithril coin outfits really cost.

When I first started playing this game I spend hundreds of dollars, I was like a kid in a candy store. Buying cosmetics and dyes and the expensive mount and all that. I don't do that now. I got it out of my system. But this game is the most expensive "free" game I have ever played lol.
    The 6th bag as all bag purchases are account wide. Dyes can be made in game so why anyone would buy dyes from the store? and mounts in most MMO's have always been very expensive. If you don't want to buy from the store don't none of the stuff is required in the game for normal game play.

The only prices I have had any serious issues with are the war steed colours. They are steep, there are no ingame alternatives for them and they are per character. In most other cases its entirely possible to steer clear of the store. Oh yeah... One more thing. I seriously dislike the way the festivals are heading with resets of quest timers having to be bought with real money. They really should give away a couple of resets for free per day, as they did when they started with the resettable quests. But otherwise... A +68% mount is not THAT hard to get ingame, and if you dislike the grind the +62% mounts are not that much slower. A person who blows TP:s on cosmetics dyes should seriously consider his or her priorities. They are ridiculously easy to come by ingame. The only things I've bought with TP that I felt I really needed was vault space and, to a lesser extent, the 6th bag, and those purchases where account wide and made when on sale.

/M

Most account-wide purchases are priced ok (bags, storage, content, ...). Per-character items are usually way overpriced, similar for consumables, but fortunately most of that stuff can be obtained by in-game means.
    Used to play: 85 Champ / Captain / Runekeeper / Guardian, Guild Master of everything but cooking.
    Playing now: Hellcat / King Tiger / GW Panther / IS / KV-5 / M4 Sherman and more