We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Moria skirmishes greyed out. Why?

I recently hit level 55 and the three Moria skirmishes unlocked on my panel, however, they are greyed out and won't allow me to do them. I own all the expansions and I am VIP. Is there another prerequisite to entering them?

If I remember, you have to do them as part of the epic storyline in Moria before they become available. Once you done them as part of the epic, then you can do them again anytime.

Yes, those skirmishes are unlocked as part of the Moria epic story. There is a similar case in Mirkwood with two skirmishes there--if you don't do the epic, you cannot run the skirmishes.

Yeah, Volume II, Book 5, Chapter 5 titled "Drums in the Deep" has you do the skirmishes for the first time. I just got there on my first toon.
    [B]Dwarrowdelf[/B]: Gufli-Champ(58), Gadhalion-Hunter(27), Galbarad-Warrden(23), Gildro-Burg(20)
    [B]Windfola[/B]: Fredemond-Mini(25), Fimorin-Cappy(34), Fallaf-Guard(25), Fumli-RK(25), Falandion-LM(21)

Red face

Ther are a total of nine skirmishes that are unlocked through the epic story line: eight in Volume 2 and one in Volume 3. These skirmishes are unlocked by playing the epic story line. They are free for all players (regardless of account type or which expansions you have purchased) as long as the character is at the appropriate point in the epic story line.

• Three are set in Moria.
    • Five are set in Mirkwood (three of which are set in Dol Guldur).
    • One is set in Angmar (this is at the start of Volume 3).
    Pineleaf Needles,

Skirmisher Director for LOTRO Players.

Remember to skirmish responsibly.

Quote Originally Posted by RaleyD View Post
    • Three are set in Moria. [Vol 2, book 5]
    • Five are set in Mirkwood [Vol 2, book 9].
    • One is set in Angmar [Vol 3, book 1].
    Specifics added above. See http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Epic_Quests if you need more details.
    Join the LotRO Volunteer QA Team!
    Use the [url="http://lotrobugs.turbine.com"][color=red]bug reporting tool[/color][/url] or type /bug in-game!*
    [SIZE=1]*no rants please[/size]

To clarify, the three "skirmishes" in Dol Guldur are actually instances--you cannot use your skirmish soldier and receive no benefit from any skirmish traits.
    Gimli's First Law of "Let's go!"

"Certainty of death? Small chance of success? What are we waiting for?"

Quote Originally Posted by Elym View Post
    To clarify, the three "skirmishes" in Dol Guldur are actually instances--you cannot use your skirmish soldier and receive no benefit from any skirmish traits.
    No. You're thinking of Warg Pens / Dungeons of Dol Guldur / Sammath Gul / Barad Guldur / Swordhalls of Dol Guldur, aka the Mirkwood Instance Cluster. (You might note this list is more than 3; I've no idea which 3 you're thinking of.)

The epic skirmishes that take place in Dol Guldur are Breaching the Necromancer's Gate / Assault on the Ringwraith's Lair / The Battle in the Tower, and they are indeed skirmishes, scalable from 60+, where you can use your soldier and skirmish traits just like any other skirmish. As mentioned, they are unlocked in Vol 2 book 9 of the epic quests.
    Join the LotRO Volunteer QA Team!
    Use the [url="http://lotrobugs.turbine.com"][color=red]bug reporting tool[/color][/url] or type /bug in-game!*
    [SIZE=1]*no rants please[/size]

I stand corrected. I was thinking of the 2 Mirkwood ones and the Dol Guldur instances. Maybe I better go rerun that lot so I remember what I'm talking about xD

Thanks, Banjolier!
    Gimli's First Law of "Let's go!"

"Certainty of death? Small chance of success? What are we waiting for?"