We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 99
  1. #51
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Waterford, Ireland
    Posts
    3,401
    Quote Originally Posted by stoffi View Post
    a few admins basically run the whole creep community on Elendilmir
    I'm not agreeing or disagreeing, but it is fair to say that a handful of people effectively run the whole creep community on Gilrain. It doesn't have such a negative effect on us.

    Granted, our community is little more than one big &&&& now.

  2. #52
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    203
    Quote Originally Posted by Squelcher View Post
    I'm not agreeing or disagreeing, but it is fair to say that a handful of people effectively run the whole creep community on Gilrain. It doesn't have such a negative effect on us.

    Granted, our community is little more than one big &&&& now.
    Do you mean there's a handful of people who regularly lead the groups/raids? Or others? Either way it doesn't mean we have a system like on E, just that some folk are good enough to lead us without the paraphernalia of server-wide laws and attendant hypocritical abuses of them which impact everyone else and who they can group/raid with in a voice-serverwide environment.
    Last edited by Mournsigh; May 25 2013 at 08:24 AM.



  3. #53
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,197
    Quote Originally Posted by Squelcher View Post
    I'm not agreeing or disagreeing, but it is fair to say that a handful of people effectively run the whole creep community on Gilrain. It doesn't have such a negative effect on us.

    Granted, our community is little more than one big &&&& now.
    That's far from the same. NO ONE on gilrain can choose to exclude someone from PvP over a trifle or just because you dislike the guy. Admins on Elendilmir CAN, but I'm not saying they DO. On Gilrain, every player himself can choose to ignore someone from ooc, or a raid leader can choose not to include someone in his raids, which rarely happens. The ignored player can still be active with other players or join other raids unless he is a total ****.
    THAT is not true on Elendilmir. If an admin says you have to leave, you're isolated just because one guy said so. What if the admin is an *******? What if he was wrong? What if he abused his power? The concequences of one man's opinion are far, far greater than anything else on any other server.

    Comparing with gilrain or any other server is completely wrong.

  4. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by Delmore View Post
    5) Vent admins have the final say, if you are directed to do an action by a vent admin, do so immediately and without question.
    Translation: Abandon all independent decision making and cognitive thinking.


  5. #55
    Resistance is futile




    Y̰̩̖̹̟͓̫̞̙̥͕͉̹͈͇͋ͪ̎ͪ͗͋̐̇ͦ̄́̇o̓ ͈͙͙͇̙͎̲̩̘͖ͩ̓̑̐̌ͦṳ̫̘͎͊ͪ͋ͣͬͨ͂̇̃ ͈̳̲̱̬̰̩͔ ̺̼͍̱̣ͬͮ̀̿ͮ͊͑ͥ̊̋̃̇ͤ̊̿ͨ̈̈wͩͭ̽̐ͣͯ ̮̤̪͔̭̳̠͕͚̣͓̝̹̠̭̮͚̤̩̾̒ͣ̑̄ͭ̚̚i̋̅ ̟̲̠̠̪͍̥͉̝͕̻̗̼͙̠̅́̒̓̏̇͂͂͂ͪ͊̈́́̆̎ l͍̯̥̘͖͇͈̮̹̳̪͆̉͋ͫ̍ͣ̏̈́͆ͅlͮ̀̎̇ͫͤͬ ̳̥̜̰̦̯͚̬̹̪͎̟̞̺̥͈͖ͦ̏ͧ̿̇ ͉̥͍̲̫̮͖͔̩̗̩̜̟̮̹̊͑̑̅̌̿̉̾̃̈ͦ̿ͧͅb ̪̤̠̖̭͕̣̯̮̹͈͛̀̃̆͋ͤ̑ͫͪ̇̋͑̊̊̈́̎͑̊e ̫̜͈̱̦ͤ̊̿͌ͣͬ̔ͯͫ̑̂ͧͪͨ̍̚ ̳̦̪̦̩̫͇̤͇̻̜̇̏͑ͮ̆̀̒ͪͫ͐̉̔ͅäͨ̊̄ͮ ̫̩̺̗̝̠̘̼̠̳͓͕̹̯͗̈́̈́ͩ̍ͧͬ̾s̓̀͑͒̾̐̓ ͔͚͉͕͎̱̤̮̪͖́̐̌ͅs̰̻̰͖̯̥̻ͥ̉̐͐̅ͫ̀̚ ̼͈̞̺̗̪̲͇̤̙̪ͅī͖͖̭̬͈̫͕͔͓͌ͣͣ͐̎ͅͅ ͖͓m͎̬̙̳̭̃̿̍͋͌̎̂̆ͧ͑͒͐̅i̞̭̞͌̀̎͗͌ ̠͖͇̖͇̳͖̻̮ͅl̈ͨ̇̈ͨ͐̏͗ͤͧ̅ͧ̒̆̄̌ͨ̋̋ ̺̝̼̳͚̘͖̥͚͙̻̗̘͕̰̯ͅa̟̋̒̓ͭ̿ͣ͆̇ͭͤ͐ ̗̰̭̪̘̹̲͕̫t̠̜̠̻̎̊͒ͩͩ͆̌̐̈́ͬ͂̏̿͆̽͐ ͍̮̯̻̱̥̹e̱̟̱̬ͩ̇ͫ͊ͥ͊ͭ̒ͫ̀͆́̅ͦ̑ͮͭͤ ͕̻͓̟̦͙d̺̬͚̜̣̭͍̟̖̖̩ͦ̇̀ͫ̌̓ͨͣ ̩̟





    Do not resist
    Last edited by Exion_Blade; May 25 2013 at 11:00 AM. Reason: S͂̑̏͂̿̔̃ͮ̾̐͡҉͉̭̩̹̘̖͕pͣ̇̅͆̾ͪͬͪ̌ͪͪ̒̒̋
    [highlight][color=black][size=2][B](•_•) Out numbered? Out gunned?
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    (⌐■_■) Challenge Accepted[/B][/size][/color][/highlight]

  6. #56
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Waterford, Ireland
    Posts
    3,401
    Quote Originally Posted by Mournsigh View Post
    Do you mean there's a handful of people who regularly lead the groups/raids? Or others? Either way it doesn't mean we have a system like on E, just that some folk are good enough to lead us without the paraphernalia of server-wide laws and attendant hypocritical abuses of them which impact everyone else and who they can group/raid with in a voice-serverwide environment.
    Raid leaders do have a huge amount of power on our server, but it is of course not as absolute as the system on E could be. However, unlike on E, tribe leaders and officers can also have big effects on the community that many players do not even notice.

    But, as I said, I was neither agreeing nor disagreeing. I'm impressed by the people coming out to defend E, but at the same time I'm a bit disconcerted by the apparent absolution of admin power in TS servers.

  7. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by Squelcher View Post
    I'm impressed by the people coming out to defend E
    Were you impressed when people came out to defend Stalin? Mao?Kim Jong Il?

  8. #58

    Make new creeps and find out for yourself

    A group of friends/kinmates/raid-groupmates is pondering starting a Tribe on another server
    This is easy and free to do. You and your tribemates can make new creeps and find out for yourself.

    to avoid the 'conflict' that can sometimes appear in playing creeps on the same server as your freep.
    Yah, there is a lot of butthurt over this.

    I suggested 'level of activity' as a factor. Wondering if anybody has a suggestion as to what the top 2 or 3 active PVMP servers might be and/or what other factors we should consider in choosing one if we move forward with the idea.
    Play for a few days during the times your tribe will most likely play. You will see for yourself what gameplay will be like. Few servers have enough players for routine full Raid V Raid. (Brandywine, Elendilmir and Vanyar [how's your German?])

    Lots of stuff about Elendilmir and TS3.
    Make new creeps and find out for yourself.

    You can play on E and not use TS. But, you will miss out on full Raid V Raid unless your tribe is going to be able to fill one. I can guess at why creeps not in TS might not like playing on E. They will get stomped by the freep raid and feel like outsiders that can't join the other reindeer in their reindeer games. But, this happens on other servers too (getting stomped and being out of the raid).

    I play on E and use TS3 usually. Sometimes my connection is too &&&&&& to play in a group or I want to be in super sneaky warg mode. TS3 voice quality is much better than in-game and you don't have to be in group to voice chat. The silliness that can happen in chat is often more fun that the game itself with the "balance" between freep and creep being so skewed.

    There are only a handful of people that regularly lead raids. As leader, they can pick who joins their raid. Make a new creep and find out for yourself how easy it is to get into raids. I've seen low ranked creeps without maps and far from max audacity invited to raids.

    Of course there are rules to using TS3. They are few and are related to avoiding butthurt from freep-creep flippers, spying and being able to play well with others. The times I saw people being banned were related to spying and not being able to play well with others.

    If there is elitism on E, I would point at freeps that have elitism built into their kin names that imply being at the highest point or in the lead. Try getting your freep into one of their groups if you want to know what elitism means.

    If there is a downside, TS3 makes zerging easier. There are solo callouts without the evidence in OOC. I don't see that much of a difference between using TS3 instead of using tribe or private chat channels to call in a zerg. It makes chat channels a bit cleaner on E because you have another way to keep tabs on freeps.

    It is also not for the overly sensitive as the tone of conversation can get crude and vulgar. The NC-17 rating is quite clear about this. But, TS3 has an option that you can mute individuals so you don't have to hear them.

    So, if you are someone that can play nicely with others, then make new creeps and find out for yourself. If you have not yet mastered the emotional maturity of a kindergartener and can't play well with others, then I invite you to please look elsewhere. We don't need more of that type.
    Snoweflake

    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0420801000026b3ce/signature.png]Snoweflake[/charsig]

  9. #59
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Waterford, Ireland
    Posts
    3,401
    Quote Originally Posted by DocLove View Post
    Were you impressed when people came out to defend Stalin? Mao?Kim Jong Il?
    I haven't heard of E's TS admins sending people to gulags or executing them.

  10. #60
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Chandler, AZ
    Posts
    3,583
    Quote Originally Posted by Mournsigh View Post
    These are the two ''rules'' where I have personally seen your system fail. Miserably. It was your own ''admins'' whose behaviour I found to be completely unacceptable. I have already said above why. And it is not a question of shades of acceptability: calling people names and swearing at them repeatedly, with others joining in with derisory laughter, is unacceptable to anyone with even a modicum of respect for others. It astonishes me how you and these people get away with such supercilious behaviour. I'm afraid I won't tolerate people with barely any evident intelligence coupled with a nasty habit with their mouths to ride roughshod over other players just because your tribe leader gave them ''admin'' control over others in the server. You can forum justify your 'rules' ad infinitum, it simply shows you are not taking on board what is being said. You lack the wherewithal to do anything about it because you don't see the problem existing even though ONE person telling you this happens should be enough for you to revise your appreciation of what actually goes on, regardless of your 'rules.' The fact of the matter is, unpleasant people make for unpleasant gaming companions, and I am relieved I can go elsewhere to enjoy the game and simply rely on the /ignore command should I encounter them. Not having to rely on Your Holiness and your adjutant flunkies to assess my ''complaint'' can only be a good thing judging by your and other posts here. Please stop with the superiority complex, or you will force me to resort to filing your details with the Guinness Book Of Records.
    I haven't heard any complaints from you at all. I'm sorry that you think I'm holy because I haven't belittled or badmouthed you and posted in, what I think, is a non-confrontational manner opposite yourself.

    I will say that I have not heard any complaints from people regarding behavior problems in teamspeak, and when there are, Admins included, action is taken. We can't help resolve the situation if no one tells us about it. So if you did not come to me or another admins stating that the behavior and demeanor was an issue with you, I can't fix it. I don't know of any admins at this time that go off on people. There are 4 that are regularly on. 2 are teddy bears, one doesn't talk, and myself which you have already made you judgement on that I am either a Hitler, Stalin, or whoever else. Which leads me to think that someone simply broke the rules, got busted, and couldn't handle the outcome.

    Let me try it this way...

    You don't like E's TS. Don't join. Not my problem, yours. You wan't to raid up with the people that enjoy TS and the community, join. Simple as that.

    Yicky(R13) Weaver - Now Arkenstone{LOTRO Player Council member 3 years}
    The Black Appendage of Sauron - Leader
    Orenia | Shaxell | Ornethia: Misadventurers Kinship - Arkenstone

  11. #61
    I creeped on E until about R8 and I found the people very vexatious. You NEED TS. I respect the "founding" pvp members but using 3 different communication channels is beyond pointless and hinder-some. I haven't been there the last few updates but I found it to be overall decent action but nothing compared to the volume of brandy wine even in thirds.

    Like Evil said there is already a Ton of creeps on BW. I'd never tell anyone to come to BW cause of that reason so I'd choose the next highest pop server aside from E or BW. Maybe if everyone does this we can make another big pop server instead of lagging out BW.
    Yelk, Hunter| Rank 15 | Arkenstone | Leader of Shock and Awe
    Original Challenger of Saruman
    Original Challenger of Gothmog

  12. #62
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    203
    I really think you should have let this lie, but ok Ill respond.

    Quote Originally Posted by Delmore View Post
    I haven't heard any complaints from you at all.
    Did you not read the above?

    Quote Originally Posted by Delmore View Post
    I'm sorry that you think I'm holy because I haven't belittled or badmouthed you and posted in, what I think, is a non-confrontational manner opposite yourself.
    You refuse to acknowledge there is a problem- despite people informing you there is, which is the issue, rather than how you carefully structure your posts.

    Quote Originally Posted by Delmore View Post
    I will say that I have not heard any complaints from people regarding behavior problems in teamspeak
    Firstly, you should want to ask yourself why, but don't. Second, the day you stop believing your own hype is the day people will be honest with you. Third, I cannot name names here because it is against forum rules to single people out for what they do/have done in-game. That is why I have said as much as I can in the forlorn hope you realise not all is nectar and honey in the land of the E hegemony. I refuse to have any kind of personal conversation with you about this matter because doing so would recognise your right to adjudicate when I have already explained where your system fails. I can't abide elitism and LOTRO is not a natural home for a system that supports and promotes it like yours.

    Quote Originally Posted by Delmore View Post
    that I am either a Hitler, Stalin, or whoever else. Which leads me to think that someone simply broke the rules, got busted, and couldn't handle the outcome.
    I didn't say anything about Hitler or Stalin but admit I mentally compared you to Big Bird at one point but I can't be sure when.

    Quote Originally Posted by Delmore View Post
    You don't like E's TS. Don't join. Not my problem, yours. Simple as that.
    You see, exactly my and everyone else's point about E TS system. It is indeed your problem because you spam OOC with your TS server details and perpetuate a system whereby if someone doesn't join, there are very real play consequences. And when they do, what can go in is unsavoury, unpleasant and indeed far less fun than a Master's lecture in epistemology and formal logic. Have a nice day, as you would say. I think it's time to end this one-way conversation now.



  13. #63
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Chandler, AZ
    Posts
    3,583
    I should also let this lie...but oh well..I'm an idiot.


    Quote Originally Posted by Mournsigh View Post
    I really think you should have let this lie, but ok Ill respond.

    Did you not read the above?
    I did...but I haven't gotten any specifics in private, and all I gather is that people don't like the idea of it and blame me for it. I'm sorry not everyone likes it. But there are plenty of alternatives to E's TS. Make your own voice server, use in game, no one is forcing anyone to use it. But the fact that people complain that the majority of E uses TS, should say something about it's success with the creep community.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mournsigh View Post
    You refuse to acknowledge there is a problem- despite people informing you there is, which is the issue, rather than how you carefully structure your posts.
    I never refused to acknowledge the problem at all! I explicitly said that if there IS a problem, to contact me through private message and I will discuss it! No one has done that. So either the issue is a personal vendetta against someone in TS, or the general dislike of TS in general.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mournsigh View Post
    Firstly, you should want to ask yourself why, but don't. Second, the day you stop believing your own hype is the day people will be honest with you. Third, I cannot name names here because it is against forum rules to single people out for what they do/have done in-game. That is why I have said as much as I can in the forlorn hope you realise not all is nectar and honey in the land of the E hegemony. I refuse to have any kind of personal conversation with you about this matter because doing so would recognise your right to adjudicate when I have already explained where your system fails. I can't abide elitism and LOTRO is not a natural home for a system that supports and promotes it like yours.
    Honestly, I am sorry if you think I have hype. I don't think I am anyone special to be honest. I lead raids and I enforce rules. Am I proud of creep TS and the E community in general? Hell yes I am. Why would I not be? We have provided the ability to voice chat, get to know people, enjoy company, and have an excellent multi group coordination system for PVP. As well as provided other services such as Manuals and daily stats for players. You say that you refuse to have a personal conversation with me about it. I'm sorry that you think I would make judgements on you regarding the issues.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mournsigh View Post
    I didn't say anything about Hitler or Stalin but admit I mentally compared you to Big Bird at one point but I can't be sure when.
    No you didn't others did. And I think i remember the big bird thing. I never understood the context

    Quote Originally Posted by Mournsigh View Post
    You see, exactly my and everyone else's point about E TS system. It is indeed your problem because you spam OOC with your TS server details and perpetuate a system whereby if someone doesn't join, there are very real play consequences. And when they do, what can go in is unsavoury, unpleasant and indeed far less fun than a Master's lecture in epistemology and formal logic. Have a nice day, as you would say. I think it's time to end this one-way conversation now.
    No it isn't my problem. I'm sorry that you think I control everyone's actions in game. We spam TS info in OOC so that people know where we are as raid leaders. You want to join our raid, get in TS. That is your option. IF you dont. No problem. You can create your own group your own way. Other people have been successful in this route. But most of us on E enjoy the laughs, relationships, and community.

    I'm sorry we have to agree to disagree on this point. But being that you leave it on the surface, that is all I can do. I'm sorry it ended that way.

    As I said. I am more than willing to listen to complaints and suggestions and maybe the admins would even make changes based upon those, if they are warranted. Otherwise nothing can get fixed.

    However, your last line in your post somewhat leads me to believe that you have a personal problem with me for some reason and not TS overall.

    Yicky(R13) Weaver - Now Arkenstone{LOTRO Player Council member 3 years}
    The Black Appendage of Sauron - Leader
    Orenia | Shaxell | Ornethia: Misadventurers Kinship - Arkenstone

  14. #64
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    203
    Quote Originally Posted by Delmore View Post
    I never refused to acknowledge the problem at all! I explicitly said that if there IS a problem, to contact me through private message and I will discuss it! No one has done that. So either the issue is a personal vendetta against someone in TS, or the general dislike of TS in general..
    Oh for goodness sake! You KNOW there is a problem because it has already been described. What YOU are demanding is that people fall into line and come to you about it when confidence has ALREADY been lost in the entire system you ceaselessly spam E OOC about. And in your own words, if they don't, it must be a) or b) but not possibly c) or even something else. Interesting way of dealing with life, but ultimately very shallow and does not make anyone want to come to you, quite the contrary.

    Quote Originally Posted by Delmore View Post
    Honestly, I am sorry if you think I have hype. I don't think I am anyone special to be honest. I lead raids and I enforce rules. Am I proud of creep TS and the E community in general? Hell yes I am. Why would I not be? We have provided the ability to voice chat, get to know people, enjoy company, and have an excellent multi group coordination system for PVP.
    The ideal of what it's SUPPOSED to be is commendable. The system that OVERSEES it is corrupt, badly managed and can be quite maliciously directed against people, I have SEEN this happen and THAT is what I don't agree with, and nor do others. Read the forum posts. You're trying to control right now and instead of letting it lie you insist on just repeating how it's all so irrelevant what others say simply because they didn't come see YOU about it. Hence my usage of the term 'superiority complex' earlier.

    Quote Originally Posted by Delmore View Post
    No it isn't my problem. I'm sorry that you think I control everyone's actions in game.
    No-one said you did, it was about the TS Server and raids etc, stop exaggerating to throw the scent. It's the forlorn tactic of the exposed. You either just don't get it or are uncommonly combative.
    Quote Originally Posted by Delmore View Post
    We spam TS info in OOC so that people know where we are as raid leaders. You want to join our raid, get in TS. That is your option. IF you dont. No problem. You can create your own group your own way.
    You know as well as I do it just doesn't work like that. Very disingenuous of you. You're not doing yourself any favours.
    Quote Originally Posted by Delmore View Post
    I'm sorry we have to agree to disagree on this point. But being that you leave it on the surface, that is all I can do. I'm sorry it ended that way.
    Surface? (puts on best Madge Simpson voice): SURFACE? I think there's been plenty of detail provided about where your system is failing. The only thing missing is the names of the admins involved, in my case. And I ALREADY explained about why I cannot name them here nor wish to comply with your demands about speaking to you in private. I would not classify you as someone who should be administering a manned water closet never mind a server-wide TS system. You are willingly blind to how people are treated and refuse to accept the system you enforce could be at fault. You remind me of a certain blue name poster recently who took condescending issue with the way things were presented rather than the essence of what they were indicating. And no that's not a compliment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Delmore View Post
    As I said. I am more than willing to listen to complaints and suggestions and maybe the admins would even make changes based upon those, if they are warranted. Otherwise nothing can get fixed.
    See my previous comment above.
    Quote Originally Posted by Delmore View Post
    However, your last line in your post somewhat leads me to believe that you have a personal problem with me for some reason and not TS overall.
    Another forlorn avoidance tactic, of course that's it, I must have a personal problem with you. There's that ego again. **sigh** You see the thing is, this would have been the perfect opportunity to come across as someone concerned about what may have been going on, after all, why would people take the time to repeatedly post about it. You could have - if you meant it honestly - expressed some conciliatory noises, maybe about it being perhaps a less than perfect system, perhaps it needs refining, perhaps we should poll people on what they want, perhaps we need to take away admin controls, perhaps we could have a channel per tribe, perhaps...etc. Instead, all we have had is a load of self-justification and pompous rhetoric about the GOALS of the system which simply becomes ever more insulting every time as you simply come across as not giving a t**s, no matter how many times you add "and I'm sorry to hear it" as an afterthought. You indicate I am NOT complying with the procedure you have set out therefore I am irrelevant and the problem doesn't exist. Just silly. And THAT'S the sort of attitude on TOP of being rude and nasty about other players that is rampant amongst your 'admins' in your TS system and exactly why I will never set foot in it again. So, make of that what you will (grab the party hat) and since you keep wanting to fudge what is actually experienced by people rather than face it, I no longer care to waste my time in this manner and on such people.



  15. #65
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Chandler, AZ
    Posts
    3,583
    Quote Originally Posted by Mournsigh View Post
    Oh for goodness sake! You KNOW there is a problem because it has already been described. What YOU are demanding is that people fall into line and come to you about it when confidence has ALREADY been lost in the entire system you ceaselessly spam E OOC about. And in your own words, if they don't, it must be a) or b) but not possibly c) or even something else. Interesting way of dealing with life, but ultimately very shallow and does not make anyone want to come to you, quite the contrary.

    The ideal of what it's SUPPOSED to be is commendable. The system that OVERSEES it is corrupt, badly managed and can be quite maliciously directed against people, I have SEEN this happen and THAT is what I don't agree with, and nor do others. Read the forum posts. You're trying to control right now and instead of letting it lie you insist on just repeating how it's all so irrelevant what others say simply because they didn't come see YOU about it. Hence my usage of the term 'superiority complex' earlier.

    No-one said you did, it was about the TS Server and raids etc, stop exaggerating to throw the scent. It's the forlorn tactic of the exposed. You either just don't get it or are uncommonly combative. You know as well as I do it just doesn't work like that. Very disingenuous of you. You're not doing yourself any favours.
    Surface? (puts on best Madge Simpson voice): SURFACE? I think there's been plenty of detail provided about where your system is failing. The only thing missing is the names of the admins involved, in my case. And I ALREADY explained about why I cannot name them here nor wish to comply with your demands about speaking to you in private. I would not classify you as someone who should be administering a manned water closet never mind a server-wide TS system. You are willingly blind to how people are treated and refuse to accept the system you enforce could be at fault. You remind me of a certain blue name poster recently who took condescending issue with the way things were presented rather than the essence of what they were indicating. And no that's not a compliment.
    See my previous comment above.
    Another forlorn avoidance tactic, of course that's it, I must have a personal problem with you. There's that ego again. **sigh** You see the thing is, this would have been the perfect opportunity to come across as someone concerned about what may have been going on, after all, why would people take the time to repeatedly post about it. You could have - if you meant it honestly - expressed some conciliatory noises, maybe about it being perhaps a less than perfect system, perhaps it needs refining, perhaps we should poll people on what they want, perhaps we need to take away admin controls, perhaps we could have a channel per tribe, perhaps...etc. Instead, all we have had is a load of self-justification and pompous rhetoric about the GOALS of the system which simply becomes ever more insulting every time as you simply come across as not giving a t**s, no matter how many times you add "and I'm sorry to hear it" as an afterthought. You indicate I am NOT complying with the procedure you have set out therefore I am irrelevant and the problem doesn't exist. Just silly. And THAT'S the sort of attitude on TOP of being rude and nasty about other players that is rampant amongst your 'admins' in your TS system and exactly why I will never set foot in it again. So, make of that what you will (grab the party hat) and since you keep wanting to fudge what is actually experienced by people rather than face it, I no longer care to waste my time in this manner and on such people.

    Fine. Thanks for the feedback then.

    calling it a day

    Yicky(R13) Weaver - Now Arkenstone{LOTRO Player Council member 3 years}
    The Black Appendage of Sauron - Leader
    Orenia | Shaxell | Ornethia: Misadventurers Kinship - Arkenstone

  16. #66
    Quote Originally Posted by Delmore View Post
    But the fact that people complain that the majority of E uses TS, should say something about it's success with the creep community.
    Forced is a debatable word, however there is little choice regardless of whether they want to or not. The lack of choice makes you a monopoly organization with no rules. I find it utterly disgusting you classify something a success when there is no choice involved. I find it even more repulsive that you lack to the ability to look beyond yourself and in your reply to this message or any after it you will simply continue to argue to your grave that there is choice. You might be right but it would take someone to make a movement and nobody has stepped forward. Why? Because it's a computer game so our general instinct is it is easier to go with the flow than deal with the issue, not to mention it's harder to deal with issues in a virtual world. I don't know why I'm so passionate about this as E is not even my server but I feel like your someone who is flushing a cat down the toilet and laughing at your success because you are bigger and stronger. I take my leave.
    Yelk, Hunter| Rank 15 | Arkenstone | Leader of Shock and Awe
    Original Challenger of Saruman
    Original Challenger of Gothmog

  17. #67
    Guys, the creepside system is highly dysfunctional on E and its very easy to see this as a predominantly freep player.

    Oftentimes there is a midsized raid out for the express purpose of zerging the everloving bejeezus out of trios. There can be 30+ in creepspeak, meanwhile the moors seems absolutely dead because hardly anyone is off somewhere doing their own thing. Virtually all the creeps, and new players when they join the server, are funneled into this bizarre faceroll. When instead of small grouping we form up a freep raid we do it knowing full well it will be about 30-45 minutes before creeps log/coffee break/wait in grams for the freep raid to disband. This is the way of things, unfortunately, but not when Yicky is leading, because he just likes to pvp and would rather battle it out with the freeps than play the map around game and manage buffs. Yicky is a good team member to play with, and a worthy opponent to battle against, so this is why folks like him on E.

    Yicky is very active on the forums, and will have a talk with anyone who wants to. There are other admins significantly more active in game, and more prone to raging, or wanton haterism, who likely have a much greater impact on the creepside TS experience in game than Yicky does. I think many of the grievances that Yicky isn't personally responsible for should not be laid at his feet like this.

    Yicky is also responsible for providing the freep TS server, and we use this thing frequently with NO admins online for freep TS, and everyone is welcome there.

    I don't see the elitism freepside that Snoweflake mentions. Its not elitist to enjoy small group and solo playstyles and in the past there were groups on both sides getting down this way.

    TL ; DR Give some legit feedback to improve the system, but I don't think its fair to lay all the grievances with each individual at Yicky's feet.
    Last edited by Bhurgo_Burglefools; May 25 2013 at 05:58 PM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0420800000013320a/signature.png]Rosenthal[/charsig]

    All of us knob heads miss you Sylidor - R.I.P.

  18. #68
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Waterford, Ireland
    Posts
    3,401
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhurgo_Burglefools View Post
    express purpose of zerging the everloving bejeezus out of trios.
    Funniest phrase I've read in some time.

  19. #69
    Quote Originally Posted by stoffi View Post
    That's far from the same. NO ONE on gilrain can choose to exclude someone from PvP over a trifle or just because you dislike the guy. Admins on Elendilmir CAN, but I'm not saying they DO. On Gilrain, every player himself can choose to ignore someone from ooc, or a raid leader can choose not to include someone in his raids, which rarely happens. The ignored player can still be active with other players or join other raids unless he is a total ****.
    THAT is not true on Elendilmir. If an admin says you have to leave, you're isolated just because one guy said so.
    Highlighted the parts that interest me. I don't see how what you're saying is possible. How can a person not be able to pvp just because they're not in a raid? Which if i read correctly, TS seems to be a raiding tool. With out the TS system you can still pvp. And even then what harm is it in adapting to the TS system?


    Quote Originally Posted by Mournsigh View Post
    You see, exactly my and everyone else's point about E TS system. It is indeed your problem because you spam OOC with your TS server details and perpetuate a system whereby if someone doesn't join, there are very real play consequences.
    What consequences? Can you elaborate more on this point for me if no one else?



    Quote Originally Posted by Delmore View Post
    No it isn't my problem. I'm sorry that you think I control everyone's actions in game. We spam TS info in OOC so that people know where we are as raid leaders. You want to join our raid, get in TS. That is your option. IF you dont. No problem. You can create your own group your own way. Other people have been successful in this route.
    "You can join us, we will welcome you. Or you can go your own direction. The choice is yours and we wont force you one way or the other"
    This seems fair to me.

    What's the problem exactly?
    [highlight][color=black][size=2][B](•_•) Out numbered? Out gunned?
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    (⌐■_■) Challenge Accepted[/B][/size][/color][/highlight]

  20. #70
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    231
    Speaking as an Elendilmir freep, the server can really use a creep tribe. Post U11, primetime action would benefit from the extra 6-12 creeps a tribe can bring. For non primetime, the ungrouped/small group freeps would like something other than the farm greenies -> craid forms -> craid disbands cycle.

    Lushuberous sometimes has a group out (or a group that includes her) and it brings good fights. More would be better.
    [b] Apex, Elendilmir [/b]
    Arfiel, r13 rk / Aetheria, r9 mini / Fifireda, r7 captain
    Fifail, r8 defiler / Freshbait, r8 weaver

  21. #71
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,197
    Quote Originally Posted by Exion_Blade View Post
    Highlighted the parts that interest me. I don't see how what you're saying is possible. How can a person not be able to pvp just because they're not in a raid? Which if i read correctly, TS seems to be a raiding tool. With out the TS system you can still pvp. And even then what harm is it in adapting to the TS system?




    What consequences? Can you elaborate more on this point for me if no one else?





    "You can join us, we will welcome you. Or you can go your own direction. The choice is yours and we wont force you one way or the other"
    This seems fair to me.

    What's the problem exactly?
    The point is that there is no choice. Most people like to group with other people, but that is not possible if everyone but you are allowed onto TS, and you are all alone on the outside. Get my point?

  22. #72
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    113
    Quote Originally Posted by stoffi View Post
    The point is that there is no choice. Most people like to group with other people, but that is not possible if everyone but you are allowed onto TS, and you are all alone on the outside. Get my point?
    It's is hilarious to see you so fervently defend your opinion of which you know nothing about except whispers on the forums. Maybe you should swallow your pride and accept that you're wrong. Despite everything you're saying, Elendilmir has managed to remain one of the top PvP servers with a thriving community. Maybe once you've played there a few months you can start to talk trash.

  23. #73
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    113
    Quote Originally Posted by YesMaam View Post
    I don't know why I'm so passionate about this as E is not even my server
    E is your creeping server, don't try to hide behind lies.

  24. #74
    I had to log in and respond because this thread was simply too amusing...

    You CAN make your own group non-TS you know. And no one will frankly care (although you are greatly hurting yourself by limiting yourself to typing and game voice... the reason that Vent/TS was created in E was because in game voice was horrible and the latency was such that people would hear things literally 5+ minutes after it was spoken. Can't run a battle that way).

    That said... there's 28 other servers which operate without a creep-wide teamspeak that primary raid leaders use. There's only 1 server being different, Elendilmir. All it takes is leveling a character to level 10 on the server of your choice, then bang! You can creep on it and you can choose any of the 28 other servers that aren't TS based! Elendilmir freepside has no such universal use of TS so any argument on that side is bogus.

    *munches more popcorn*

  25. #75
    I just find all this hilarious because

    1. the op asked a general question and its become the "Is E a totaliatarian state" thread

    and

    2. I spent four or five sessions on E, never joining this ts, having a blast and enjoying some of the best scattered action i've had on the moors in years at the time.

    But hey, i deleted almost every toon i played on other servers so my kids could use them if they wanted, for the op i'd say just visit various ones and see which one you like and enjoy. Probably not get that many unbiased opinions from the forum anyhows >.<
    "Romper: You have the power to make EM less boring for yourself and everyone else. "
    "Look for your lore. But do not trust to lore, it has forsaken these lands." - Eolore prince of Lorehan

 

 
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload