We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 99
  1. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by CreepHiveMind View Post
    Brandywine has enough creeps-we need more dedicated freeps.
    What wonderful news. I chose brandy as my freeping server.

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Waterford, Ireland
    Posts
    3,401
    If one does not like a server-wide TS, one could simply not use it.

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,197
    Quote Originally Posted by Delmore View Post
    However, I would urge people to come hang out and judge for yourself how you want to view the community as opposed to listening to unnamed sources.
    That is a good advice. But it is always wise to read what's being said before trying; that's how many people pick a server.


    Quote Originally Posted by Squelcher View Post
    If one does not like a server-wide TS, one could simply not use it.
    Impossible when all raids are done via TS. What then if you get on the wrong side of an admin over some bs?

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Waterford, Ireland
    Posts
    3,401
    Quote Originally Posted by stoffi View Post
    What then if you get on the wrong side of an admin over some bs?
    You show him some traditional Viking justice.

  5. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by stoffi View Post
    Impossible when all raids are done via TS. What then if you get on the wrong side of an admin over some bs?
    Erm well the 9 of us were invited to ts, but just grouped and ran around in our own little group(s) chatting on vent or whatever. Just because large scale ts is in use does not mean you have to sign up to it. In fact, how many raids did you join (when you played), how would this effect your playstyle as an example.

    The real question would be what is the action like on E and how would that fit with the way you play. The OP was talking about setting up a tribe with some friends... in this instance they would already have a functioning peer group and not necessarily be a raid orientated player who needs to ride on others to pvp.

    With sufficient solo and smaller group conflicts, even a solo playstyle would be passable on such a server.

    All seems a bit too "black and white" again to me stoff. These things are much more blurred.

    Quote Originally Posted by stoffi View Post
    If you like killing notorious cheats, Gilrain is the place to be.
    Fixed that for you
    Last edited by Oldwiley; May 24 2013 at 01:12 PM.

  6. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by stoffi View Post
    Don't go Elendilmir is the advice I get from everyone. The creep community there is horrible and elitistic.
    Quote Originally Posted by stoffi View Post
    Well, that's quite a fairly tale compared to what I hear various people who tried elendilmir out say. All I know is that I will stay away from Elendilmir as a creep, and the server has the rumour of being the worst creep server in lotro. I haven't tried it myself, so hey, I might have been listening to the wrong people, but I trust the people I heard it from. I just think it's wise to let others know of this as well. I'm sure some people will find the server attractive regardless, maybe even I, but it's certainly not for everyone.
    *cough* Excuse me?

    Let me tell you a little story. Years ago, my warg was on Brandywine. Everything was fine until Moria launched, then the server went to H-E-double-hockey-sticks. Many vets left, and then a horde of creep server transfers came over and, out of their own tribe elitism, wouldn't invite anyone into their groups, including old time vets like me, who just wanted to group with people and have fun. (It sounds like Brandywine is healthy again, but it was rather dismal back then.)

    Having had enough of playing by myself, I set out to find a new home. That home was Elendilmir. Everyone, and I mean EVERYONE, welcomed me with open arms. BAOS accepted me as a tribe member as soon as my transfer went through. No questions asked. Even before my transfer went through, I had rolled a green-dot weaver to try it out. They all let my greeny spider into their raids and let me play with them. They answered all my questions about the server on the forums.

    No, they're not snobby. They're not elitist. It's one of the best servers I've ever been on, right up there with Brandywine during the SOA days, and I've been on a few. I've been on one that truly was snobby, and fled from it. E is far from snobby. Just the other day, I was helping a new creep get set up with TeamSpeak and get registered so he could be unmuffled. We are all happy to help out newcomers and welcome them into the community.

    The people who complain that E is snobby don't want to assimilate into the community. Like so many transfers I've seen both on Brandywine and E, they want to take over the moors and act like they own the place. They often don't want to play nice on TeamSpeak, or they will isolate themselves in their tribe raids without being welcoming themselves. Then they wonder why they don't make any friends and why they're alone when their tribe is logged off.

    Is E everyone's cup of tea? For some, it's not. I think raid leaders feel a server transfer the hardest, and that goes for any server. You have to rebuild your reputation as a raid leader, as nobody knows you are one and would otherwise rather follow someone they know. Some people feel it's weird to be grouped in TeamSpeak, and yet not grouped in the game. Yes, it's a little weird at first, but you get used to it. But the great part is that you never feel alone. You're always plugged in.

    I welcome you to try this server for yourself. Yes, you will have to make an effort to assimilate, but it's really not that hard. Really. Honest. This is a great community, and I'm proud and honored to be a part of it.

    Edit: No, I am not a communist. Quite conservative/libertarian/independent, actually. We have free speech on TS. I've never seen anyone banned from TS who wasn't being an uncouth moron. In fact, I'm proud of our TS admins. Vyxe and Yicky are both gentlemen, who will even step up and defend a lady's honor. In fact, my own honor as a lady has been defended. There was one time where some jerk I was grouped with started riding me down publicly in TS and humiliating me, and I didn't even know what I did wrong to upset him. He went on and on for a half hour. All I had to do was tell Vyxe, and that was that. Banned. If you feel that's tyrannical, then you're not a gentleman, and I feel sorry for you. The community welcomes those who are respectful. Be respectful of other players, and you'll be fine. Freedom of speech doesn't mean freedom without responsibility towards others.
    Last edited by Silverbullets; May 24 2013 at 02:21 PM.

  7. #32
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Waterford, Ireland
    Posts
    3,401
    The fact that so many stand up to defend Elendilmir indicates, to me at least, that it has merit.

  8. #33
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Mexico
    Posts
    78
    Quote Originally Posted by stoffi View Post
    Well, according to various people in a different thread on this very forum, you are one of the guys behind the supposedly elitist attitude on creep side on Elendilmir, so your opinion on this isn't more "valid" than mine. Of course you like it; you "made" it or you are strongly involved in it. Ask any person responsible for a project, and he/she will ofc say how good it is. You remember where this discussion took place.

    So I guess we're even.

    As I said, I'm sure Elendilmir is good for many players. Maybe even I would love it. But potential new players should be aware of the conditions there, and the fact that some players have voiced dislike towards the situation on creep side on Elendilmir. I would not recommend Elendilmir to players as long as there are conflicting statements about how the server is. Best to pick a safe server so you don't risk regretting it.

    The biggest problem with forcing everyone who wants to raid onto Teamspeak is that if you get on the wrong side of one of the administrators, you're screwed. Those administrators would have to be extremely "neutral", responsible, understanding and reasonable, and from what I hear, they are not always like that.
    So, if you do whatever the guys in charge say and keep them happy, you're fine. If you for some reason make a mistake or annoy the bosses, you're finished on the server if you plan on raiding. THAT is the big problem with Elendilmir.
    LOL , you are wrong , creep community on E is good , they help each other even if they are not in the raid or Ts , people usually complains because there is no response when they ask for the action in the OOC , and about yicky , you are wrong again.

  9. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by JDCass View Post
    In my experience thus far, this server has a strong tendency to be suspicious of anyone who plays both sides with relative equality- not necessarily in terms of hours spent, but just having a vested interest in each. I guess I'm to believe, "freepcreeps" are all spies who are feeding the other side information at all times, regardless of their own personal interests in ranking. Trying to get in a group creepside whilst sporting a Bpex tag is about as fruitless as attempting to solo Blind One hm with nothing but a pitchfork equipped. I can totally understand and sympathize with being mistrusting of individuals who you've had poor experiences with in the past. But writing off an entire group or side because of potentially inaccurate, preconceived notions seems a little silly. It just baffles me considering in my experience, the most reasonable, thoughtful and amiable people who play this game have experience and a working understanding of both sides and can be sympathetic to either.
    Do you need anymore proof of the TS3 tyrannical control on E creep side?

  10. #35
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    199
    Quote Originally Posted by Sniz View Post
    E is probably not a good fit for people wanting to do tribe-only activity......For that reason there's not a lot of cliquish drama as communication is E creep's greatest strength. Certainly, some do their own tribe thing on E, but if that's your goal you will miss out on a lot that E's open community has to offer.
    Nyrah, as the OP you may want to take into account what the above person is saying about his own server, Elendilmir, as you specified wanting to get together and do tribe stuff. Also, for what it's worth, my own experiences there would say it's the worst server of the 5 I play on in terms of unpleasant cliquish drama and I've been in their TeamSpeak server often only to hear pretty repellent, personalized stuff going on, from the ''admins'' against other players- ie calling people a***oles, banning people from ''ever'' joining their raids on a personal whim etc. Worse, the people who it is directed against often buckle and apologise, or just swallow it. If they don't, well, the consequences are very clear. I'm not that kind of person. Perhaps Sniz hasn't ever seen/heard that. But it happens. I don't wish to feed into or be any kind of silent contributor to that kind of play experience. That's not to say I haven't met lots of nice people there, but they don't ''run the show'' so to speak, and there's no need to put up with that sort of weird hegemony when you just want to log on and enjoy the game, bearing in mind no other server I'm aware of has that kind of setup. In any case, raids on all servers will use voice chat anyway, but no server-wide voice function like on E, where if you're not logged into it, you aren't going to see much in OOC calling for groups/raids etc. So, it's what would suit you as a player. Ultimately, though, as Drenarino said, if you don't want to rely on other people's views about servers then you should just roll one on various servers and then you can decide. We all have our differing tolerance limits as to what is acceptable and what is not, from other players. I would currently recommend Brandywine as it has in my experience great people, superb small/large group as well as raid play, no 'rules' imposed by others you don't even know (we are all, after all is said and done, our own regulators and each play how we like), plenty of (tough) freeps and creeps (creeps have been outnumbered lately for some time, but that can make for good fun, the pendulum does swing on most servers from day to day, week to week these days) and of course the benefit that round the clock there's usually people around on both sides due to its large population. Good luck!
    Last edited by Mournsigh; May 25 2013 at 08:43 AM.

  11. #36
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    199
    Quote Originally Posted by Squelcher View Post
    The fact that so many stand up to defend Elendilmir indicates, to me at least, that it has merit.
    It does, but the ones who run it don't.

  12. #37
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    199
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverbullets View Post
    We have free speech on TS. In fact, I'm proud of our TS admins. Vyxe and Yicky are both gentlemen, who will even step up and defend a lady's honor. In fact, my own honor as a lady has been defended. There was one time where some jerk I was grouped with started riding me down publicly in TS and humiliating me, and I didn't even know what I did wrong to upset him. He went on and on for a half hour. All I had to do was tell Vyxe, and that was that. Banned. If you feel that's tyrannical, then you're not a gentleman, and I feel sorry for you. The community welcomes those who are respectful. Be respectful of other players, and you'll be fine. Freedom of speech doesn't mean freedom without responsibility towards others.
    You see, you have perfectly exemplified what is wrong with your system on E. You complained about an individual's behavior who you perceived to be troubling you in-game. So s/he was banned from the TS server, which in reality as you well know, means s/he cannot ever be a part of raids organized within that system - that's all E raids give or take the odd one once in a blue moon. It is not acceptable to many of us to have another tier of self-appointed ''management'' to deal with issues we may have with others or in fact to keep sweet in order to get into the larger community raids. It's completely wrong, no matter how many times Yicky says on this forum "I am willing to discuss anyone's problems" etc. If you have a problem with a player harrassing you, you should report him/her to Turbine. Despite what they believe, the BAOS Officers and TS Admins are NOT turbine employees (yet). All that happens in E OOC is the Black Appendage of Sauron - your tribe - spamming it with details of your TS Server to join. You may like the way the system works, I'm not surprised, it's your own tribe's tool of controlling everything that goes on. You talk about being respectful to other players, then please respect that your experience is certainly not what others' is of the system you have on E. It has already demonstrated itself to plenty of people as a proven platform for bullying, division and control. EDIT: just to let ppl know, this reply-post to Silver Bullets was neg-repped.....
    Last edited by Mournsigh; May 25 2013 at 06:05 AM. Reason: NEGATIVE REP FROM SOMEONE!!!

  13. #38
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,197
    Quote Originally Posted by Squelcher View Post
    The fact that so many stand up to defend Elendilmir indicates, to me at least, that it has merit.
    The ones who stand up to defend it are the adminstrators controlling the TS. Of course they will defend it. Even the worst dictator will defend his rule as just and fair. I'm not saying they are evil dictators, I'm saying one shouldn't take their word for anything regarding this. One should listen normal players on Elendilmir, not the elite controlling it.


    Here is a normal player voicing his love for Elendilmir:

    Quote Originally Posted by julio_0504 View Post
    LOL , you are wrong , creep community on E is good , they help each other even if they are not in the raid or Ts , people usually complains because there is no response when they ask for the action in the OOC , and about yicky , you are wrong again.

    Might be. I do like that Elendilmir pvp'ers separate freep and creep presence on the server; I've always voiced the same attitude and would never freep where I creep. When I freeped in the moors for a short period, I went to a different server. You don't s*** where you eat. So, it might be that I would have loved Elendilmir for this reason. Freeping and creeping on the same server brings a lot of mistrust and spying and conflicts.

    So, that's an absolute positive thing about Elendilmir. But I also see the conflicts that have arisen from the TS-matter. For example, if I ever was to play on Elendilmir, I suspect the TS admins would refuse me because of what I've said in this thread. If that is so, the TS regime is a failed one. If my opinions here would be irrelevant for me being accepted or not, then that would be positive. One must be able to criticise without the criticised taking actions to punish the ciriticiser. LOTRO forum admins fail at this quite often.

  14. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Mournsigh View Post
    Myra, as the OP you may want to take into account what the above person is saying about his own server, Elendilmir, as you specified wanting to get together and do tribe stuff. Also, for what it's worth, my own experiences there would say it's the worst server of the 5 I play on in terms of unpleasant cliquish drama and I've been in their TeamSpeak server often only to hear pretty repellent, personalized stuff going on, from the ''admins'' against other players- ie calling people a***oles, banning people from ''ever'' joining their raids on a personal whim etc. Worse, the people who it is directed against often buckle and apologise, or just swallow it. If they don't, well, the consequences are very clear. I'm not that kind of person. Perhaps Sniz hasn't ever seen/heard that. But it happens. I don't wish to feed into or be any kind of silent contributor to that kind of play experience. That's not to say I haven't met lots of nice people there, but they don't ''run the show'' so to speak, and there's no need to put up with that sort of weird hegemony when you just want to log on and enjoy the game, bearing in mind no other server I'm aware of has that kind of setup. In any case, raids on all servers will use voice chat anyway, but no server-wide voice function like on E, where if you're not logged into it, you aren't going to see much in OOC calling for groups/raids etc. So, it's what would suit you as a player. Ultimately, though, as Drenarino said, if you don't want to rely on other people's views about servers then you should just roll one on various servers and then you can decide. We all have our differing tolerance limits as to what is acceptable and what is not, from other players. I would currently recommend Brandywine as it has in my experience great people, superb small/large group as well as raid play, no 'rules' imposed by others you don't even know (we are all, after all is said and done, our own regulators and each play how we like), plenty of (tough) freeps and creeps (creeps have been outnumbered lately for some time, but that can make for good fun, the pendulum does swing on most servers from day to day, week to week these days) and of course the benefit that round the clock there's usually people around on both sides due to its large population. Good luck!
    +rep for speaking up(noone else will because of the consequences of expressing free thought). Condolences for your TS privelages. I have no doubt in my mind that the tyrants of TS plan to permanently ban you for opposing the regime.

  15. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by Mournsigh View Post
    You see, you have perfectly exemplified what is wrong with your system on E. You complained about an individual's behavior who you perceived to be troubling you in-game. So s/he was banned from the TS server, which in reality as you well know, means s/he cannot ever be a part of raids organized within that system - that's all E raids give or take the odd one once in a blue moon. It is not acceptable to many of us to have another tier of self-appointed ''management'' to deal with issues we may have with others or in fact to keep sweet in order to get into the larger community raids. It's completely wrong, no matter how many times Yicky says on this forum "I am willing to discuss anyone's problems" etc. If you have a problem with a player harrassing you, you should report him/her to Turbine. Despite what they believe, the BAOS Officers and TS Admins are NOT turbine employees (yet). All that happens in E OOC is the Black Appendage of Sauron - your tribe - spamming it with details of your TS Server to join. You may like the way the system works, I'm not surprised, it's your own tribe's tool of controlling everything that goes on. You talk about being respectful to other players, then please respect that your experience is certainly not what others' is of the system you have on E. It has already demonstrated itself to plenty of people as a proven for bullying, division and control.
    So you're okay with someone riding down a lady for a half hour straight in front of the entire creep community on TeamSpeak, e.g. WITNESSES? The reason I had to even bring it to the attention of Vyxe was because he wasn't online himself during the event. And how pray tell can I bring it up to Turbine? It happened in TeamSpeak. Turbine doesn't monitor our TeamSpeak. They would do nothing. That's why we have to police it ourselves (by "ourselves", I mean the community).

    Look, if something specific happened and you feel you were unfairly banned, or a friend was, then why don't you specifically state what happened? It's not as though we don't have an entire website where you can appeal. If there's a misunderstanding, it can be worked out. If someone was belligerant toward you, why don't you state the incident?

    Thus far, all I've read from you is vague generalities. Who did what specifically to cause you to paint all of us, without any discrimination, as snobby and elitist? Let's say hypothetically that Yicky really is elitist and I just happen to be on his good side for some reason. Does that therefore mean that I am elitist just by being in BAOS and using TeamSpeak? How about all the other creeps on this server who are being broadbrushed?

    I am not a TeamSpeak admin to have any power over anybody. I'm not a tribe officer. Shucks, I only login in maybe once a week tops for serious play. Sometimes I take a break for several months. I don't know what goes on in TeamSpeak 24/7. All I know is how I've been treated, and it's been pretty well. I didn't have to jump through hoops to be accepted as part of the community. In fact, the only people I have to jump through hoops for, the only people who are elitist, are tribe transfers who come and go.

    That doesn't mean Yicky is perfect, nor Vyxe, nor myself. Shoot, I've seen Vyxe blow his top. Leading raids is stressful, after all. That's where a bit of grace and forgiveness comes in. I haven't seen anyone banned just for having an off day in either following directions or blowing their top. In fact, I've seen a lot of leeway, and I try to give it myself. I would hope you, too, would give us some leeway and grace. Doesn't every human being need that?

    Oh, and FYI, the person I reported to Vyxe who got banned from TeamSpeak was a fellow BAOS member. We police ourselves, too. Why? So that that sort of behavior isn't inflicted on people outside the tribe. In fact, I'm not even sure the ban lasted. I think opted to Vyxe that he be warned rather than fully kicked. But my memory is fuzzy. Technically it wasn't even TeamSpeak. We were using Vent back then.
    Last edited by Silverbullets; May 24 2013 at 04:07 PM.

  16. #41
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Waterford, Ireland
    Posts
    3,401
    Looks like OP has gotten a bit more than he asked for in this thread.

    I think it's best if you just create free characters on a few servers and sample them for yourselves. You will not get absolutely trustworthy information here.

  17. #42
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    A mountain of Fire and Ice
    Posts
    484
    Regarding the OP, I would greatly recommend starting a tribe on Elendilmir.
    The action is dynamite with enough creeps on as the organization of Creep TS with sufficient numbers usually can win or split kills with a smaller freep raid. Sadly, most of the creeps from u9 flipped to freepside from creepside when they found out their defiler flies couldn't drain a burg dry of power in 2 seconds, and there has been an imbalance numbers-wise during most busy nights. I have seen more new faces on E creepside, and it is certainly refreshing. Guaranteed there will be at least some sort of RvR action every night. Whether there is sufficient opposition or not, depends. Small group is a bit harder to find these days though.

    Regarding Drama posts:
    The drama effects us all, hell I've been effected by it and have certainly called a few names out of anger. You must realize it's all white noise and this is a game at the end of the day. Sometimes anger gets the best of us, but as far as the game goes---- there's a lot of things to kill in the Elendilmir Ettenmoors. And there is certainly MUCH more organization on both sides from any other server I have experienced.

    -VT

  18. #43
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Chandler, AZ
    Posts
    3,436
    Quote Originally Posted by Mournsigh View Post
    You see, you have perfectly exemplified what is wrong with your system on E. You complained about an individual's behavior who you perceived to be troubling you in-game. So s/he was banned from the TS server, which in reality as you well know, means s/he cannot ever be a part of raids organized within that system - that's all E raids give or take the odd one once in a blue moon. It is not acceptable to many of us to have another tier of self-appointed ''management'' to deal with issues we may have with others or in fact to keep sweet in order to get into the larger community raids. It's completely wrong, no matter how many times Yicky says on this forum "I am willing to discuss anyone's problems" etc. If you have a problem with a player harrassing you, you should report him/her to Turbine. Despite what they believe, the BAOS Officers and TS Admins are NOT turbine employees (yet). All that happens in E OOC is the Black Appendage of Sauron - your tribe - spamming it with details of your TS Server to join. You may like the way the system works, I'm not surprised, it's your own tribe's tool of controlling everything that goes on. You talk about being respectful to other players, then please respect that your experience is certainly not what others' is of the system you have on E. It has already demonstrated itself to plenty of people as a proven for bullying, division and control.
    No it was not in game. It was blatant verbal and sexual harassment and something we will no tolerate. I'm sorry that you think a verbal harasser to other players should always be included. But I will never agree with you on that.
    It was not in game. And I'm sorry. But anyone that shoots out verbal abuse like that, does not need to be in a TS raid. And i think most people would agree to that no matter what voice communication they used.
    [img]http://i390.photobucket.com/albums/oo341/rjeske_album/forumbanner_zpsf9b0a993.jpg[/img]
    Yicky(R13) Weaver - Now Brandywiner{LOTRO Player Council member}
    The Witch Kings Seventh Legion
    Bubblez - Defiler
    The Black Appendage of Sauron - Leader
    [url]www.theblackappendage.com/monstermanual[/url]

  19. #44
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Chandler, AZ
    Posts
    3,436
    Quote Originally Posted by stoffi View Post
    The ones who stand up to defend it are the adminstrators controlling the TS. Of course they will defend it. Even the worst dictator will defend his rule as just and fair. I'm not saying they are evil dictators, I'm saying one shouldn't take their word for anything regarding this. One should listen normal players on Elendilmir, not the elite controlling it.


    Here is a normal player voicing his love for Elendilmir:




    Might be. I do like that Elendilmir pvp'ers separate freep and creep presence on the server; I've always voiced the same attitude and would never freep where I creep. When I freeped in the moors for a short period, I went to a different server. You don't s*** where you eat. So, it might be that I would have loved Elendilmir for this reason. Freeping and creeping on the same server brings a lot of mistrust and spying and conflicts.

    So, that's an absolute positive thing about Elendilmir. But I also see the conflicts that have arisen from the TS-matter. For example, if I ever was to play on Elendilmir, I suspect the TS admins would refuse me because of what I've said in this thread. If that is so, the TS regime is a failed one. If my opinions here would be irrelevant for me being accepted or not, then that would be positive. One must be able to criticise without the criticised taking actions to punish the ciriticiser. LOTRO forum admins fail at this quite often.
    Why do you think you wouldnt be invited? I think you are jumping to some conclusions here. You would be more than welcome in raids and in teamspeak. At least my raids. As long as you don't go off on someone and abuse people, there is no problem at all.

    The layout of TS is fairly basic.

    You enter teamspeak
    there are the basic rules that we expect players to abide by.

    1) You must have a creep logged into the game to be on this TS3 server
    **unless you are in the AFK channel. That is ok. But you cannot be out in the moors on a freep and be logged into TS

    2) You may not flip to a Freep or to Freep Vent in the Ettenmoors within 30 minutes of logging off of the ventrilo server and vice versa onto creep TS.
    **This is so people don't flip back and forth to the winning side so that it promotes sticking to your side more often and not bounce over to freepside when you are losing.

    3) Creep speak is primarily a battle communication mechanism, as such, all off-topic communications shall immediately cease at the first sign of a battle
    **makes sense to me. Don't be chit chatting about the party you went to last night, when there are people trying to fight. When a leader says to clear chat...shut up be ready for instruction

    4) We expect all users to have a high degree of maturity. Limit outbursts and complaints. Additionally, if you are not a lead, do not overtalk someone unless it's vitally important. Gauge the criticality of your information and transmit if necessary, else /ooc or /ra it.
    **This one is the one that creates the most controversy. Being that some players don't understand the whole idea behind maturity. heh heh. Basically, if you run your mouth off about someone, or on someone due to whatever reason, you are probably going to find your tenure on TS short lived.


    5) Vent admins have the final say, if you are directed to do an action by a vent admin, do so immediately and without question.
    And no, we don't make up rules or run this rule in a hardened state. But for example. If you are jumping in people's own channels, interrupting them, or causing un-needed drama, we are going to talk to you about it and make sure it stops.

    I don't see how these rules are over the top, difficult, or Tyrannical. They are basic and the promote a fun environment. Except for the people that want to cause trouble or whatever.

    It isnt for everyone. And that is fine. But make your own judgement about the people as opposed to another person's opinion. Most of the time it is unwarranted. there are many people that say some players are horrible people that are the nicest people in the world when you talk to them
    [img]http://i390.photobucket.com/albums/oo341/rjeske_album/forumbanner_zpsf9b0a993.jpg[/img]
    Yicky(R13) Weaver - Now Brandywiner{LOTRO Player Council member}
    The Witch Kings Seventh Legion
    Bubblez - Defiler
    The Black Appendage of Sauron - Leader
    [url]www.theblackappendage.com/monstermanual[/url]

  20. #45
    START YOUR TRIBE ON E!!!

    DO IT!!

    There are several good reasons why, but I will only mention a few.

    1.) As you can see, we have some of the most animated and persistent trolls you could ever ask for.

    2.) The state of our Moors would benefit greatly from a tribe that likes to group up 3-12 deep.

    3.) On E most of the new creeps are quickly assimilated into the Zorg. This is good for their initial infamy gains, so they rank up and be more competitive, but they don't learn how to effectively throw down in other way. E creeps, and thus everyone, would benefit from exemplars of different playstyles running around out there. Freepside wants creep players that not only want to zerg you, but also want to fight you, straight up. This is actually more difficult to find than it might sound.

    Off topic, but relevant to the thread: Yicky is an even handed guy, and if you're getting banned by him you broke one of the rules he mentioned, nothing personal involved. If you don't like the rules then just don't partake, and since TS is very ingrained in what the creeps do, E may not be the server where you will have the most fun. I am pretty firmly committed to burgling the creeps, but I like to play my own creep sometimes as well. At these times there is nothing stopping me from joining in the creepspeak shenanigans, just as there is nothing stopping any predominantly creep player from hopping in Freep TS when they want to fight the creeps.

  21. #46
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    275


    I dislike voice clients personally, but if you feel that you can't operate on a server based solely on the fact that you can't join the big zergballs I feel like it's probably not the servers fault you aren't successful

    I have absolutely no idea what sniz is talking about, there has been multiple successful smaller tribes on the server who have done well in less than half/full raids.
    "death is nothing to us, for when we are.. death has not come. And when death has finally come, we are not"
    R7 Spider/R11 Reaver - R13/R11 Champion

  22. #47
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    199
    Quote Originally Posted by Delmore View Post
    4) We expect all users to have a high degree of maturity. Limit outbursts and complaints.
    5) Vent admins have the final say, if you are directed to do an action by a vent admin, do so immediately and without question.
    These are the two ''rules'' where I have personally seen your system fail. Miserably. It was your own ''admins'' whose behaviour I found to be completely unacceptable. I have already said above why. And it is not a question of shades of acceptability: calling people names and swearing at them repeatedly, with others joining in with derisory laughter, is unacceptable to anyone with even a modicum of respect for others. It astonishes me how you and these people get away with such supercilious behaviour. I'm afraid I won't tolerate people with barely any evident intelligence coupled with a nasty habit with their mouths to ride roughshod over other players just because your tribe leader gave them ''admin'' control over others in the server. You can forum justify your 'rules' ad infinitum, it simply shows you are not taking on board what is being said. You lack the wherewithal to do anything about it because you don't see the problem existing even though ONE person telling you this happens should be enough for you to revise your appreciation of what actually goes on, regardless of your 'rules.' The fact of the matter is, unpleasant people make for unpleasant gaming companions, and I am relieved I can go elsewhere to enjoy the game and simply rely on the /ignore command should I encounter them. Not having to rely on Your Holiness and your adjutant flunkies to assess my ''complaint'' can only be a good thing judging by your and other posts here. Please stop with the superiority complex, or you will force me to resort to filing your details with the Guinness Book Of Records.

  23. #48
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    199
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverbullets View Post
    I don't know what goes on in TeamSpeak 24/7.
    But you're oh so willing, a priori, to dismiss my experienced account of what happens in it? Not very credible or charitable, and only supports what people say about BAOS. Neg rep me again if you wish, it will only add to it.

  24. #49
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Waterford, Ireland
    Posts
    3,401
    What the hell is BAOS and why do people hate it so much?

  25. #50
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,197
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverbullets View Post
    *cough* Excuse me?

    Let me tell you a little story. Years ago, my warg was on Brandywine. Everything was fine until Moria launched, then the server went to H-E-double-hockey-sticks. Many vets left, and then a horde of creep server transfers came over and, out of their own tribe elitism, wouldn't invite anyone into their groups, including old time vets like me, who just wanted to group with people and have fun. (It sounds like Brandywine is healthy again, but it was rather dismal back then.)

    Having had enough of playing by myself, I set out to find a new home. That home was Elendilmir. Everyone, and I mean EVERYONE, welcomed me with open arms. BAOS accepted me as a tribe member as soon as my transfer went through. No questions asked. Even before my transfer went through, I had rolled a green-dot weaver to try it out. They all let my greeny spider into their raids and let me play with them. They answered all my questions about the server on the forums.

    No, they're not snobby. They're not elitist. It's one of the best servers I've ever been on, right up there with Brandywine during the SOA days, and I've been on a few. I've been on one that truly was snobby, and fled from it. E is far from snobby. Just the other day, I was helping a new creep get set up with TeamSpeak and get registered so he could be unmuffled. We are all happy to help out newcomers and welcome them into the community.

    The people who complain that E is snobby don't want to assimilate into the community. Like so many transfers I've seen both on Brandywine and E, they want to take over the moors and act like they own the place. They often don't want to play nice on TeamSpeak, or they will isolate themselves in their tribe raids without being welcoming themselves. Then they wonder why they don't make any friends and why they're alone when their tribe is logged off.

    Is E everyone's cup of tea? For some, it's not. I think raid leaders feel a server transfer the hardest, and that goes for any server. You have to rebuild your reputation as a raid leader, as nobody knows you are one and would otherwise rather follow someone they know. Some people feel it's weird to be grouped in TeamSpeak, and yet not grouped in the game. Yes, it's a little weird at first, but you get used to it. But the great part is that you never feel alone. You're always plugged in.

    I welcome you to try this server for yourself. Yes, you will have to make an effort to assimilate, but it's really not that hard. Really. Honest. This is a great community, and I'm proud and honored to be a part of it.

    Edit: No, I am not a communist. Quite conservative/libertarian/independent, actually. We have free speech on TS. I've never seen anyone banned from TS who wasn't being an uncouth moron. In fact, I'm proud of our TS admins. Vyxe and Yicky are both gentlemen, who will even step up and defend a lady's honor. In fact, my own honor as a lady has been defended. There was one time where some jerk I was grouped with started riding me down publicly in TS and humiliating me, and I didn't even know what I did wrong to upset him. He went on and on for a half hour. All I had to do was tell Vyxe, and that was that. Banned. If you feel that's tyrannical, then you're not a gentleman, and I feel sorry for you. The community welcomes those who are respectful. Be respectful of other players, and you'll be fine. Freedom of speech doesn't mean freedom without responsibility towards others.

    I didn't see your post at first. Nice post. And something to bring more insight to Elendilmir inner affaires than what I've been told in the past. But as you say in your following post, you are not online a lot and thus you bring only a fragmented picture of Elendilmir.

    This is an another view on TS on Elendilmir:

    Quote Originally Posted by Mournsigh View Post
    You see, you have perfectly exemplified what is wrong with your system on E. You complained about an individual's behavior who you perceived to be troubling you in-game. So s/he was banned from the TS server, which in reality as you well know, means s/he cannot ever be a part of raids organized within that system - that's all E raids give or take the odd one once in a blue moon. It is not acceptable to many of us to have another tier of self-appointed ''management'' to deal with issues we may have with others or in fact to keep sweet in order to get into the larger community raids. It's completely wrong, no matter how many times Yicky says on this forum "I am willing to discuss anyone's problems" etc. If you have a problem with a player harrassing you, you should report him/her to Turbine. Despite what they believe, the BAOS Officers and TS Admins are NOT turbine employees (yet). All that happens in E OOC is the Black Appendage of Sauron - your tribe - spamming it with details of your TS Server to join. You may like the way the system works, I'm not surprised, it's your own tribe's tool of controlling everything that goes on. You talk about being respectful to other players, then please respect that your experience is certainly not what others' is of the system you have on E. It has already demonstrated itself to plenty of people as a proven platform for bullying, division and control. EDIT: just to let ppl know, this reply-post to Silver Bullets was neg-repped.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Mournsigh View Post
    These are the two ''rules'' where I have personally seen your system fail. Miserably. It was your own ''admins'' whose behaviour I found to be completely unacceptable. I have already said above why. And it is not a question of shades of acceptability: calling people names and swearing at them repeatedly, with others joining in with derisory laughter, is unacceptable to anyone with even a modicum of respect for others. It astonishes me how you and these people get away with such supercilious behaviour. I'm afraid I won't tolerate people with barely any evident intelligence coupled with a nasty habit with their mouths to ride roughshod over other players just because your tribe leader gave them ''admin'' control over others in the server. You can forum justify your 'rules' ad infinitum, it simply shows you are not taking on board what is being said. You lack the wherewithal to do anything about it because you don't see the problem existing even though ONE person telling you this happens should be enough for you to revise your appreciation of what actually goes on, regardless of your 'rules.' The fact of the matter is, unpleasant people make for unpleasant gaming companions, and I am relieved I can go elsewhere to enjoy the game and simply rely on the /ignore command should I encounter them. Not having to rely on Your Holiness and your adjutant flunkies to assess my ''complaint'' can only be a good thing judging by your and other posts here. Please stop with the superiority complex, or you will force me to resort to filing your details with the Guinness Book Of Records.


    The list of rules is both good and bad. The problem is that a few admins basically run the whole creep community on Elendilmir, and you might call them dictators, because that's what it really is, even if the word has negative connotations. On the list of dictators, I have only very rarely heard of dictators who didn't abuse their power. If you put single people in charge of a community without them being professionally hired by an authority, MOST will abuse their power. That is my experience, both in games and in the real world. And when players feel abused by admins, or other players feel admins abuse players, then you have a serious problem. Elendilmir is in many ways a dictatorship, but how many nice and just dictators are out there? Perhaps it works on Elendilmir, but we have seen people both feeling abused and players feeling other players were abused.

    The rules are fine in theory but hard to enforce justly. There's a reason why we don't police our streets ourselves. As I said, if it works, then great! But does it work?

 

 
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload