We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 99
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    4

    Server To Start A Tribe On?

    A group of friends/kinmates/raid-groupmates is pondering starting a Tribe on another server to avoid the 'conflict' that can sometimes appear in playing creeps on the same server as your freep. The question came up of how to choose another server for the perhaps dozen or so folks that may set up some regular 'creep nights'. I suggested 'level of activity' as a factor. Wondering if anybody has a suggestion as to what the top 2 or 3 active PVMP servers might be and/or what other factors we should consider in choosing one if we move forward with the idea.

  2. #2
    Spend some time on Black Appendage looking at the dashboards and you'll see that Brandywine is the busiest pvp server, followed by Elendilmir; Gladden, Meneldor and Vilya form the next cluster with the remaining servers forming another cluster.*

    This assumes that the busiest server suits your needs and everyones' computer can handle multiple raids in an area, there's still action to be had on servers other than BW.


    *Looking only at the original North American servers, you may want to consider the former Codemasters servers.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    4
    Any idea if Brandywine or Elendilmir have a 'busy' time of say 5 to 11pm eastern time? Or others?

  4. #4
    They most likely do; E is the unofficial Oceanic server so reputedly has decent round the clock action. I only play on Vilya so I can say that it's active during those times (anyone's guess if freeps or creeps have the upper hand on any given night), tho it likely doesn't approach that of B and E.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    113
    Brandywine has enough creeps-we need more dedicated freeps.

  6. #6
    I'd say that Vilya's late night action has slowed down, but it could really use some late night creeps. We have a pretty good population during the day and then at night it seems to taper off a bit. Those of us who DO play late would gladly welcome any newcomers

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,197
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyrah101 View Post
    A group of friends/kinmates/raid-groupmates is pondering starting a Tribe on another server to avoid the 'conflict' that can sometimes appear in playing creeps on the same server as your freep. The question came up of how to choose another server for the perhaps dozen or so folks that may set up some regular 'creep nights'. I suggested 'level of activity' as a factor. Wondering if anybody has a suggestion as to what the top 2 or 3 active PVMP servers might be and/or what other factors we should consider in choosing one if we move forward with the idea.
    Don't go Elendilmir is the advice I get from everyone. The creep community there is horrible and elitistic.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by stoffi View Post
    Don't go Elendilmir is the advice I get from everyone. The creep community there is horrible and elitistic.
    True, the creeps on E are so horrible and elitist they maintain a monster manual to help beginners, the free daily leaderboard pages for all these years and creepside teamspeak that brings our community closer together. Can't argue with "everyone" though, they are the internet authority.

    Sarcasm aside, E is probably not a good fit for people wanting to do tribe-only activity. Most groups/raids are open, you don't have to be ranked or a certain tribe to join, usually the only requirement is to be on teamspeak. For that reason there's not a lot of cliquish drama as communication is E creep's greatest strength. Certainly, some do their own tribe thing on E, but if that's your goal you will miss out on a lot that E's open community has to offer.
    Sniz(defiler) / Johanson(cappy)

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,197
    Quote Originally Posted by Sniz View Post
    True, the creeps on E are so horrible and elitist they maintain a monster manual to help beginners, the free daily leaderboard pages for all these years and creepside teamspeak that brings our community closer together. Can't argue with "everyone" though, they are the internet authority.

    Sarcasm aside, E is probably not a good fit for people wanting to do tribe-only activity. Most groups/raids are open, you don't have to be ranked or a certain tribe to join, usually the only requirement is to be on teamspeak. For that reason there's not a lot of cliquish drama as communication is E creep's greatest strength. Certainly, some do their own tribe thing on E, but if that's your goal you will miss out on a lot that E's open community has to offer.


    Well, that's quite a fairly tale compared to what I hear various people who tried elendilmir out say. All I know is that I will stay away from Elendilmir as a creep, and the server has the rumour of being the worst creep server in lotro. I haven't tried it myself, so hey, I might have been listening to the wrong people, but I trust the people I heard it from. I just think it's wise to let others know of this as well. I'm sure some people will find the server attractive regardless, maybe even I, but it's certainly not for everyone.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Waterford, Ireland
    Posts
    3,401
    I know many veteran creeps, Stoff, who have tried Elendilmir. They thoroughly enjoyed it. As far as I know it's not a good place to start a tribe simply because players there put less value on tribes than on creepside as a collective. Though if it's action you're looking for, it is one of the best places.

    I wouldn't recommend Gilrain because it has a pretty bad community now and it's also difficult for new tribes to achieve success there. One tribe has a pretty permanent monopoly, with several smaller tribes. After that, there are not many solo players searching for tribes there.

    Snowbourn might not be a bad place, though I hear the action is an extreme zerg fest.

    Brandywine could be a good spot for it. Action is good, player base is far better than on most servers.

    Withywindle is extremely small, supporting very little large-scale action.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,197
    Quote Originally Posted by Squelcher View Post
    I know many veteran creeps, Stoff, who have tried Elendilmir. They thoroughly enjoyed it. As far as I know it's not a good place to start a tribe simply because players there put less value on tribes than on creepside as a collective. Though if it's action you're looking for, it is one of the best places.

    I wouldn't recommend Gilrain because it has a pretty bad community now and it's also difficult for new tribes to achieve success there. One tribe has a pretty permanent monopoly, with several smaller tribes. After that, there are not many solo players searching for tribes there.

    Snowbourn might not be a bad place, though I hear the action is an extreme zerg fest.

    Brandywine could be a good spot for it. Action is good, player base is far better than on most servers.

    Withywindle is extremely small, supporting very little large-scale action.

    Just spoke with some people who told me some really bad stuff about Elendilmir.

    I wouldn't recommend my own server, Gilrain, to anyone either. Freep side is dominated by freeps who club, multibox with reaver trains(yes, those who do this on creep side are freeps from a certain kin), bot and you name it. That being said, far from all freeps support this, but too many do. Also, too many good people left, lowering the average age dramatically, both physically and mentally. Still some good guys left, but too few of them now. I've seen several leave as a direct cause of the bot'ing that takes place all the time.

  12. #12
    I play in 2 servers

    Withywindle:

    Small server
    No Lagfest
    Sometimes Raid Vs Raid, but mostly Group Vs Group
    Atm we lack some high rank creeps


    Snowbourn:
    Much more populated
    Always many online, but it ends in a Zergfest
    Too much Lag inside Keeps with 2+ raids


    Now it depends in what u like, playing both i prefer Withy. I like to play solo or small group, u win more renown and its much more challenging.
    [IMG]http://i59.tinypic.com/1zxny2e.jpg[/IMG]

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Chandler, AZ
    Posts
    3,558
    Quote Originally Posted by stoffi View Post
    Just spoke with some people who told me some really bad stuff about Elendilmir.

    I wouldn't recommend my own server, Gilrain, to anyone either. Freep side is dominated by freeps who club, multibox with reaver trains(yes, those who do this on creep side are freeps from a certain kin), bot and you name it. That being said, far from all freeps support this, but too many do. Also, too many good people left, lowering the average age dramatically, both physically and mentally. Still some good guys left, but too few of them now. I've seen several leave as a direct cause of the bot'ing that takes place all the time.

    So let me make sure I have this correct....

    You've never been on Elendilmir yourself. You talk to someone that has...With no first hand experience on how they came across on E...and you say that it is a horrible place...blah blah...and that is a stamped FACT.

    but you have never been there...And you find it "wise" to share this "fact" with others, even tho it is blind experience?

    Seems legit.

    Yicky(R13) Weaver - Now Arkenstone{LOTRO Player Council member 3 years}
    The Black Appendage of Sauron - Leader
    Orenia | Shaxell | Ornethia: Misadventurers Kinship - Arkenstone

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Menomonie, WI
    Posts
    1,636
    How about Silverlode... a medium sized server that needs some infusion of creeps?

    Prime time evenings is when you can get raid on raid action, but lately it's been hard getting the creeps organized under one banner.

    During the day (north america time) action is spotty, all small groups and mostly pve on creepside as they avoid fights. In the evening depending on who leads there can be good action or a lot of hugging.

    Since u11 creep raids tend to log once they get rolled twice instead of changing the strat...

    Anyway, Silver could use a solid every night creep force.
    Last edited by Irin19; May 23 2013 at 10:28 AM.
    Irin r8 Hunter // Arngar r8 Burg // Akthuri r15 LM // Vishus r5 Captain // Curad r11 (active) Mini

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,197
    Quote Originally Posted by Delmore View Post
    So let me make sure I have this correct....

    You've never been on Elendilmir yourself. You talk to someone that has...With no first hand experience on how they came across on E...and you say that it is a horrible place...blah blah...and that is a stamped FACT.

    but you have never been there...And you find it "wise" to share this "fact" with others, even tho it is blind experience?

    Seems legit.
    Well, according to various people in a different thread on this very forum, you are one of the guys behind the supposedly elitist attitude on creep side on Elendilmir, so your opinion on this isn't more "valid" than mine. Of course you like it; you "made" it or you are strongly involved in it. Ask any person responsible for a project, and he/she will ofc say how good it is. You remember where this discussion took place.

    So I guess we're even.

    As I said, I'm sure Elendilmir is good for many players. Maybe even I would love it. But potential new players should be aware of the conditions there, and the fact that some players have voiced dislike towards the situation on creep side on Elendilmir. I would not recommend Elendilmir to players as long as there are conflicting statements about how the server is. Best to pick a safe server so you don't risk regretting it.

    The biggest problem with forcing everyone who wants to raid onto Teamspeak is that if you get on the wrong side of one of the administrators, you're screwed. Those administrators would have to be extremely "neutral", responsible, understanding and reasonable, and from what I hear, they are not always like that.
    So, if you do whatever the guys in charge say and keep them happy, you're fine. If you for some reason make a mistake or annoy the bosses, you're finished on the server if you plan on raiding. THAT is the big problem with Elendilmir.
    Last edited by stoffi; May 23 2013 at 11:40 AM.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Waterford, Ireland
    Posts
    3,401
    Quote Originally Posted by stoffi View Post
    safe server
    No such thing.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    AZ, USA
    Posts
    91
    I have to agree with Akthuri that Silverlode could use a creep infusion. It's been hard to get enough on to fight the freeps most nights lately, and those that are still around are pretty frustrated.

    I've been playing a bit on Elendilmir lately, and I've found it a fun place to run. It's generally best to make your own opinions on things rather than listen to "them."

    I suggest bringing thick skin, in general, if you plan to PVP anywhere.
    [url=http://www.sigcreator.com/][img]http://www.sigcreator.com/generatedsigs/722012873lotro_lotro31.png[/img][/url]

    Freeps: 85 mini - Adnia, 85 LM - Sariela
    Creeps: Baldardash (WL), Rigmarole (warg)

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by stoffi View Post
    Well, according to various people in a different thread on this very forum, you are one of the guys behind the supposedly elitist attitude on creep side on Elendilmir, so your opinion on this isn't more "valid" than mine. Of course you like it; you "made" it or you are strongly involved in it. Ask any person responsible for a project, and he/she will ofc say how good it is. You remember where this discussion took place.

    So I guess we're even.

    As I said, I'm sure Elendilmir is good for many players. Maybe even I would love it. But potential new players should be aware of the conditions there, and the fact that some players have voiced dislike towards the situation on creep side on Elendilmir. I would not recommend Elendilmir to players as long as there are conflicting statements about how the server is. Best to pick a safe server so you don't risk regretting it.

    The biggest problem with forcing everyone who wants to raid onto Teamspeak is that if you get on the wrong side of one of the administrators, you're screwed. Those administrators would have to be extremely "neutral", responsible, understanding and reasonable, and from what I hear, they are not always like that.
    So, if you do whatever the guys in charge say and keep them happy, you're fine. If you for some reason make a mistake or annoy the bosses, you're finished on the server if you plan on raiding. THAT is the big problem with Elendilmir.
    Amen brother. My alliance can describe creep side on E as a communist regime. The tyrannical rule known as TS3 is familiar to persons that are accustomed to our server and there are many examples of the higherups being disapproving of independent decision making and cognitive thinking. Abandon independent decision making or get exiled...

    http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.p...-on-creep-side

    Quote Originally Posted by Vanacor View Post
    Do as you please and ignore the tyrannical rule of TS3.
    Don't fret, they will claim there is no such thing.

    We on the inside... know... the truth..
    The atmosphere is nothing short of a raid leader barking orders and screaming if you cannot follow the shield to a T.
    Avoid E or transfer here and abandon all critical thinking and independent decision making to make the higherups happy.
    My alliance has documented a few of our encounters with the Tyrants of TS3 in parody form

    http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.p...New-Orc-Slimes
    http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.p...*-Book-2-vol-4
    http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.p...ark-approaches...

    Alot of people will read this and want me silenced..please..tell..your.. friends..
    Last edited by DocLove; May 23 2013 at 01:50 PM.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Chandler, AZ
    Posts
    3,558
    Quote Originally Posted by stoffi View Post
    Well, according to various people in a different thread on this very forum, you are one of the guys behind the supposedly elitist attitude on creep side on Elendilmir, so your opinion on this isn't more "valid" than mine. Of course you like it; you "made" it or you are strongly involved in it. Ask any person responsible for a project, and he/she will ofc say how good it is. You remember where this discussion took place.

    So I guess we're even.

    As I said, I'm sure Elendilmir is good for many players. Maybe even I would love it. But potential new players should be aware of the conditions there, and the fact that some players have voiced dislike towards the situation on creep side on Elendilmir. I would not recommend Elendilmir to players as long as there are conflicting statements about how the server is. Best to pick a safe server so you don't risk regretting it.

    The biggest problem with forcing everyone who wants to raid onto Teamspeak is that if you get on the wrong side of one of the administrators, you're screwed. Those administrators would have to be extremely "neutral", responsible, understanding and reasonable, and from what I hear, they are not always like that.
    So, if you do whatever the guys in charge say and keep them happy, you're fine. If you for some reason make a mistake or annoy the bosses, you're finished on the server if you plan on raiding. THAT is the big problem with Elendilmir.
    Well being that you don't know me or ever played with me, I would ask that you would not judge me on someone's dislike without your own experience. I will say, I try very VERY hard to make TS and E welcoming. Yes my raids and others use TS3. And Elendilmir is a TS3 based server. On both sides. Not just creep. But I make sure everyone gets an invite. I don't bark orders, but if people are getting killed due to doing their own thing, of course I am going to say something. But my ultimate goal is for everyone to have fun in my raids. As well as both sides having a good time. If they don't like that, or if they did something that broke the TS rules(such as spying or flipping), then I can see why they wouldn't enjoy it and find it Tyrannical. Because they got banned for not following simple rules that we enforce. (don't flip, don't spy, don't be a disruption) pretty strait forward.

    Quote Originally Posted by DocLove View Post
    Amen brother. My alliance can describe creep side on E as a communist regime. The tyrannical rule known as TS3 is familiar to persons that are accustomed to our server and there are many examples of the higherups being disapproving of independent decision making and cognitive thinking. Abandon independent decision making or get exiled...

    http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.p...-on-creep-side



    The atmosphere is nothing short of a raid leader barking orders and screaming if you cannot follow the shield to a T.
    Avoid E or transfer here and abandon all critical thinking and independent decision making to make the higherups happy.
    My alliance has documented a few of our encounters with the Tyrants of TS3 in parody form

    http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.p...New-Orc-Slimes
    http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.p...*-Book-2-vol-4
    http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.p...ark-approaches...

    Alot of people will read this and want me silenced..please..tell..your.. friends..

    I enjoyed these Ladies and Gentlemen...Worgnakh/moorwyn/purbloodnakh and his lovers

    Yicky(R13) Weaver - Now Arkenstone{LOTRO Player Council member 3 years}
    The Black Appendage of Sauron - Leader
    Orenia | Shaxell | Ornethia: Misadventurers Kinship - Arkenstone

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,197
    Quote Originally Posted by DocLove View Post
    Amen brother. My alliance can describe creep side on E as a communist regime. The tyrannical rule known as TS3 is familiar to persons that are accustomed to our server and there are many examples of the higherups being disapproving of independent decision making and cognitive thinking. Abandon independent decision making or get exiled...

    http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.p...-on-creep-side



    The atmosphere is nothing short of a raid leader barking orders and screaming if you cannot follow the shield to a T.
    Avoid E or transfer here and abandon all critical thinking and independent decision making to make the higherups happy.
    My alliance has documented a few of our encounters with the Tyrants of TS3 in parody form

    http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.p...New-Orc-Slimes
    http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.p...*-Book-2-vol-4
    http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.p...ark-approaches...

    Alot of people will read this and want me silenced..please..tell..your.. friends..
    Nice post. This is exactly what I've been told by others. Now you provided a large number of first hand sources supporting what I said.

    TS regime on Elendilmir is like Communism. It's all very nice on a highly theoretical level, but it will NEVER work without some people abusing the rest.

    This is more than enough evidence that Elendilmir is a communist server.


    But, just a question; do many creeps still support the TS regime? I mean, since it still exists. Eventually, regimes like that are overthrown unless the masses are unable to do so, or if they are brainwashed.

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Chandler, AZ
    Posts
    3,558
    Quote Originally Posted by stoffi View Post
    Nice post. This is exactly what I've been told by others. Now you provided a large number of first hand sources supporting what I said.

    TS regime on Elendilmir is like Communism. It's all very nice on a highly theoretical level, but it will NEVER work without some people abusing the rest.

    This is more than enough evidence that Elendilmir is a communist server.


    But, just a question; do many creeps still support the TS regime? I mean, since it still exists. Eventually, regimes like that are overthrown unless the masses are unable to do so, or if they are brainwashed.
    really? All posts by the same person under different accounts? Well ok then. You have full right to think that.

    However, I would urge people to come hang out and judge for yourself how you want to view the community as opposed to listening to unnamed sources.

    I would say that the 6 year success of vent/teamspeak as well as the community itself should speak as the success and welcoming of players.

    It doesn't work for everyone, it is a bit more structured when it comes to being in someone's raids, but no more structured than a raid using any other voice communication system.

    To those that think they were mistreated while in TS, or those that think I personally mistreated them, I apologize and I would love to hear the honest feedback regarding the issue. Feel free to message me anytime.

    Yicky(R13) Weaver - Now Arkenstone{LOTRO Player Council member 3 years}
    The Black Appendage of Sauron - Leader
    Orenia | Shaxell | Ornethia: Misadventurers Kinship - Arkenstone

  22. #22
    Tread softly when responding to a council member my friends

    Quote Originally Posted by CirdalvalSilnuviel View Post
    My earliest experience of this server was quite negative. I made a greenie BA early last year while hanging out with some friends (Naegling, Constrictions, Lush, etc.) and performing recon ahead of a potential transfer, when I was called a "freepcreep" (how exactly does one go about being both at the same time, anyway?) simply because of the company I kept. Also, despite the fact that I never join any groups and as good as never am on TS, I've been rebuked for spending my time on a freep chat server while playing creepside (I make no bones about it, I'm perma-logged on AT's Vent if I'm playing) and told to "go back to my freep"
    There are many more examples... do not buy into the propaganda spewed by tyrants of the regime..
    Last edited by DocLove; May 23 2013 at 05:16 PM.

  23. #23
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Ettenmoors
    Posts
    499
    You tried it and didn't like it, that doesn't mean that other people won't like it. They should try it too rather than just listen to your opinion.
    Last edited by HinderSpam; May 23 2013 at 10:12 PM.
    Rank 15 Blackarrow HinderSpam
    55,000 Killing Blows and Counting

  24. #24
    My own visit to E was very positive:-

    http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.p...here-Life-on-E

    Gilrain could do with a creep infusion; the real question folks ask should be where are creeps lacking in numbers and fire power, because that is where the impact of an incoming tribe would have the best effect.

    I'll jump off the doom wagon for a minute and suggest that despite freeps from one or two kins multiboxing to troll creeps and spy constantly, the presence of a lot of store obsessed god moding freeps and some dual character botting, Gilrain would welcome more creeps to shift the number imbalance.

    If you want a high population server with lots of zerg v zerg, its not for you; but if you want to have an impact join either gilrain, withy or one of the servers that need you rather than some server where yours just another 2% of the population to zap your way to rank 13, oo look at me i'm awsome.

    Oh p.s. communism rocks, its when its usurped by totalitarians it sucks, thats the real instrospective question delmore and co should be asking; or if they don't they are already lost >.<
    Last edited by Oldwiley; May 23 2013 at 09:11 PM.
    "Romper: You have the power to make EM less boring for yourself and everyone else. "
    "Look for your lore. But do not trust to lore, it has forsaken these lands." - Eolore prince of Lorehan

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,197
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldwiley View Post

    Oh p.s. communism rocks, its when its usurped by totalitarians it sucks, thats the real instrospective question delmore and co should be asking; or if they don't they are already lost >.<
    Name one communistic regime that wasn't totalitarian, even from the start? Communism as a governing form is impossible in all aspects but theory. Communism is based on totalitarism; it's the very foundation, but the communists of course refuse this. It's the same thing as fascism, and communism killed far more people than any one person or governing form in history. Communism is only beaten by Christianity in killing people, and perhaps Islam, but I'm not too sure on that one.


    As I said, Elendilmir probably works fine for many players, but if our beloved council member here is one of the admins there, I know I wouldn't want to be there, given his expressed pejorative and judgemental attitude towards creeps in a different thread. An admin of teamspeak such as on Elendilmir needs to be generous, reflected, patient, kind and non-elitist, or it will be totalitarian. (this does not break with any forum rules)


    If you like notorious cheating, Gilrain is the place to be.

 

 
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload