We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Blade of Elendil

Hello.

I have currently a L62 cappy and can sometimes see that the Blade of Elendil skill is available in mid combat without doing a Devastating Blow/Pressing Attack before. Is there any other skill that puts you in battle hardened state that I am missing?

Thx a lot

Crafted Battle Tonics are all that come to my mind.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/03202000000363f98/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    Rechart, Warden
    [url="http://platemetaljacket.blogspot.com/"]Plate Metal Jacket[/url]

We used to get a second chance to use Blade of Elendil if we missed (not a BPE). The skill would light up for a about a second before the time to use it (after DB/PA) would expire. But now that miss chance has been eliminated after the Agility changes, I haven't seen it for some time.

Were you fighting mobs much higher than yourself (e.g., 4 or more levels higher)? We still have a miss/resist chance against those.
    Arkenstone: Pelagor 100 Captain, Finarwe 100 Loremaster, Banderdas 100 Minstrel

I have been with mobs 1-2 levels above mostly. Next time it happens I will look for deflects (that is the new name for those old misses from higher level mobs).

Never used battle tonics yet.

Thank's a lot!

This thread from 2011 seems to imply we get a second chance to use BoE if the first try was missed OR BPEd, but since I haven't seen it recently as a level capped captain, I think the second chance might only be on what Turbine calls a deflect now (since miss chance was eliminated).

http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.p...ade-of-Elendil
    Arkenstone: Pelagor 100 Captain, Finarwe 100 Loremaster, Banderdas 100 Minstrel

I've found I get a second try if, for instance, when I am fighting a troll tyrant at an outpost in the Ettenmoors, and he stuns me as I am using the skill. When I come out of the stun, I am able to use the skill properly, despite the fact that I had clicked it and the animation had activated.
    - Taravan, R12 Captain - Tirian, Tanking Guardian - Tolvax, Champion - And others...
    - Afranius, R9 WL - Tolobain, R7 Weaver - Vargan, R6 Stalker -

Leader of Lost Realm of Imladris - Evernight - Co-Founder of Beauty and the Beasts

I have noticed it twice today. After looking in the log, I had a block and a parry in the first BoE. So it also seems to work with B/P/E.

Thank's everybody for your help