We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Anyone else notice how few people came back for u11?

wow usually with an update this size to the game you see people that have not played for weeks or even months at least log in to look around, WOW its like no one cares. just 2 months ago my guild had 10-18 people on ready to run stuff every single night of the week, now most nights its me by myself or at most 2-3 people on... small sample size I know but it seem there has been little bump if any to the population of Glff on brandywine either seems as if the slide is gaining momentum

i can see only one reason; while turbine is blindly going in the same direction as it always was (money and more money without much effort <i.e mithril coins, lailas market etc, etc.) all other games are noticing that people are no longer willing to pay shed loads of money to play/enjoy them more (look: swtor (gone f2p) rift (going F2P <really free to play; as in: all content available, minor game bonuses available for real money) aand i cant be bothered to write the full list here but have a flick through the internet and im sure you'll find many examples. End of. can you imagine how little people will play this game after a bigger and better game (rift) goes free to play? and you dont have to pay for ANY instances/zones/quests. it will be a nightmare for people at turbine if they dont do something about it QUICK, if its not too late already. im not hating...just stating my own, and my fellow in game friends' opinions..its sad really..to spoil te beautiful world of tolkien like that

EDIT: typos
    [IMG]http://www.djelle.dk/sig-lotro.jpg?&lo=09090a2256ji1&t1=Asthorn&t2=The%20Eradicator&t3=Man-Warden&l=80&u=http://makarious.guildlaunch.com/&k=Makarious&s=Gilrain&i=i.imgur.com/mEWU4XQ.jpg[/IMG]

It seems like they're relying on a failing formula, that lore ALONE will sustain the player base. It wont. Infact on my day to day daily playthrough i feel almost no lroe at all.

If i want a true LOTR feel i go back to watch the movies. This game does not satisfy that Fix. Only Moria has doe that for me.
    It feels bland and flavorless here. A money grab. No true sense of adventure. No true sense of a worldy struggle.
    Not to mention the little every day things so many have been begging to get improved simply sits there, gathering dust and rust.

Not to mention they hardly communicate with us on issues
    Many have stopped voicing their discontent and instead just left. No discontent voices and Turbine thinks everything is hunky dorey.
    [highlight][color=black][size=2][B](•_•) Out numbered? Out gunned?
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    (⌐■_■) Challenge Accepted[/B][/size][/color][/highlight]

I have been an avid player for almost three years now. I cannot agree more about the population drop off as well as the reasons why. I myself have had unanswered lag trouble ever since update 6 was introduced. I have only stayed for the music system and some light role play. Now the music system is broken and I really have no reason to play considering the lag.
    It was kind of funny. My son offered to give me a years sub for the game and I turned him down. I got my first vip right as update 6 came out and got three unplayable months. Now we are five updates later and I still have terrible lag so why would I want to vip or play? Instead my son bought my GW2 and I was astounded at two things right from the get-go. One was the fact that I didn't see adverts in my face every time I turned around. The second was how fluid everything runs even when in large groups. I also remember when Lotro played like that but that was the good old days pre WB.

The reason is simple. They already killed raiding. Now they are pushing away more people with more bugs, closed quests, begging to login gifts etc...

Appereantly they thought login gifts and daily grinds for useless golden items were enough to keep people playing...

Angry

Not to mention the players who can't get in the game cause of the new launcher issues....
    For me the game lost its taste when RoR was released but my love for LOTR forced me to keep playing and I was so disapointed after reading the patch notes and it became worse when I tested the laggy mounted combat. Then the pvmp just made me rage for weeks and there was like no response (exept for farming problems and HEHE the answer was "we're investigating about it").
    But this last update (with the launcher issues) just made me hate everything I ever loved in this game and I'm not evenly trying to fix ....Oh why should I?I've already seen the threads complaining about the hobbit presents,I know that pvmp will be worse than ever,the new QP just like everytime after a major update....
    So yeah I'm not really surprised why lot of players left

Agreed - lots of empty spaces for a new land release. Can't say as I'm surprised seeing that LOTRO "jumped the shark" when they added in the hobbit slot machine. That was a pretty good sign the game was dying and they had no idea how to fix it. I no longer have any faith the lag will be fixed and Turbine has made it clear that raiding and PVP are unimportant to their model which effectively ended my kin.

Normally I can tolerate and sometimes enjoy the solo content but I have been entirely uninspired by this release. I can't understand why the game makes my character do what it does half the time. So far I have run away from more battles than I care to imagine or have had to stand idly by while others go to die. The best so far was protecting some farmers and then fleeing with my tail between my legs to let them die because there were a couple wargriders there - why did the game make my character run away exactly?. And then there was the quest in Bryn Tor where I need to flee (and they provided some rationale why this time) but as I'm fleeing for my life they make me turn around to fight two enemies behind me several times. Now if I'm running away from an army on horseback and two enemies show up behind me (on foot) why would my character turn around to fight those two enemies exactly?

I don't feel like the developers/story writers put any thought into providing context or rationale into the quests and instead had an outline of what they wanted to happen and then made our characters do things so that their story could be told. Its just laziness and lacks any credibility. If you are going to get rid of raids and PVP and are going to provide a linear quest line to tell a story you had best make that story and all pieces of it interesting and exciting. I feel more like an errand boy and messenger than a hero of middle earth at this point. It's becoming more and more clear that WB is putting as little effort into this game as possible to milk as many dimes and cents as they can from the players that remain until they have killed it. Sorry Frodo Sauron has sucked the life from the game before we made it even close to Mordor.
    Last edited by garetjax8; May 19 2013 at 07:43 AM.
    Noldor of Arkenstone

One major problem is the absence of any substantial end-game content encouraging repetition. All this new itemization for what reason exactly? So you can have it?? There's NOTHING to do with it. Flight Challenge does not satisfy the requirement for available challenging end-game content to last for 6+ months. There is essentially no reason to complete a raid challenge more than once. The loot odds suck and the typical wipefest process is not worth the 8 Seals you get in the end.

It's simply amazing how they don't listen to the people playing this content and instead plod along completely clueless as to how to keep an end-game player base. The funny thing is that they must be making money somewhere... somehow. Apparently the "sucker born every minute" cliche is alive and well.
    [CENTER]
    [SIZE=1][COLOR=White]The [/COLOR][/SIZE][URL="http://thenoldor.guildlaunch.com"][SIZE=3][B]NOLDOR[/B][/SIZE][/URL][SIZE=1][COLOR=White] of Arkenstone[/COLOR][/SIZE]
    [/CENTER]

I was a long time lover of this game, met many great people and had tons of fun. Mirkwood was where the nose dive started for me. But even there we had some playable group content at the end of the leveling process. I remember fondly running SG over and over and still enjoying it even after it held no challenge at all. Then they decided FTP was a good way to make money, at first I bought into the store, bought some TP bundles and just kept plugging away. I even decided after the Isen release that the next batch of content was bound to be better, but Tower kept me coming back for the relative challenge it presented. Then after that Rohan came out and was so boring to me that I convinced myself maybe it was just the class I was playing, so I capped them all. I see people exploiting things everywhere and even people dropping thousands of gold on a recipe. The content isn't enjoyable at all and I just cant justify giving another dime. I have cancelled my sub after 4 years of being a very active player. I have paid for server transfers, character undeletes, and TP. I am not one of the people that are going to come here and declare they are done with this game only to come back later. This isn't a game anymore, it is all about feeding the machine. Shame on them for doing this to this game and whoever is in charge of the LOTR estate should look to make these people drop that name and call it what it is, Farmville.
    Where did all the common sense go?

Actually yes. While questing through Wildermore I keep noticing how little people I see. Its not enough people around for the Warbands either, you have to make a group spamming OOC and glff for a while, to get them done.

I'm guessing the rewards and the content where not good enough to make fp2 and premium buy the region. The quests are nothing new, same repetitive junk as we experienced during RoR. Story-writing and dialogue is poor.

Worse was by far the epic, you got 3 flowers in the end. Not sure what I'm suppose to do with them, start role-playing? Luckily I don't do epic for rewards, I do it for the story and the plot. Sadly, I did not get that either.

No deed in the region gives virtues, only 5 tp. Major disappointed for people who aren't VIP and yet another reason for not buying it.

Loads of players are having major technical issues and can't play because of that.

Lastly you have two rep-factions to grind, both gives kinda mediocre rewards. Teal items and the gold pocket aren't much better than anything you can get from dungeons. The recipes are all 1 shots. At least the Hytbold grind came with some decent gear, which I'm sure attracted way more people.

In Turbines defence its only an update, cant ask for to much I guess. I still enjoyed certain parts of Wildermore, specially the last sessions play. That one is almost worth buying the entire region for.

It's pretty sad seeing the game heading in this direction. Seems a lot of the raiders are not logging back on and there are people in my kin talking about leaving. I think lotro's mistakes with the loot table earlier in the year has made raider's bored with the new instances. Practically everyone has a first age weapon so there really is no use in doing the instances. I hope this new committee comes up with some good idea's or this game is going to die.

First, I am not questing in the new area because in short order the level cap with go to L95 and all that nice XP will be wasted and there's really nothing at the "end of the trail" to encourage me to go there. I'm pretty slow anyway and I can make the Hytbold Rebuild last - oh at least another 6 months. For 2 L85s. Then I have some alts I can run thru at 30% rested XP per day which seems according to other posts to be an hour or so of play on the account.

The new area may be sparse but Snowborne is D E A D. I don't even see "Bugud Up" anymore.

Second, my friends list is empty yet again. Nearly every update the list empties. Even creepside my friends list is bare.

Third, although on occasion I see someone return they don't stay. They come for a day or week and the it's Gone with the Schwinn.

A lot of the previous comments I think are spot on.
    Whoever says “I” creates the “you.” Such is the trap of every conscience. The “I” signifies both solitude and rejection of solitude. Words name things and then replace them. Whoever says tomorrow, denies it. Tomorrow exists only for him who does not seek it. And yesterday? Yesterday is Kolvillàg: a name to forget, a word already forgotten.

The Oath: A Novel by Elie Wiesel

Quote Originally Posted by wakeandbacon View Post
    wow usually with an update this size to the game you see people that have not played for weeks or even months at least log in to look around, WOW its like no one cares. just 2 months ago my guild had 10-18 people on ready to run stuff every single night of the week, now most nights its me by myself or at most 2-3 people on... small sample size I know but it seem there has been little bump if any to the population of Glff on brandywine either seems as if the slide is gaining momentum
    Game bugs and lack of content is starting to get noticed, so people are responding by not returning.
    Last edited by Klaarg; May 19 2013 at 01:44 PM.

ya we can only hope that those in charge at turbine have noticed those that are rejecting the " new direction" of ignoring endgame or putting as little effort into content as possible and will make a change, but I doubt it, last endgame player to leave, make sure to turn off the light

I find it quite..funny? or interesting?..i dont even know myself lol. That absolutely noone, out of the 12 replies tried to defend turbine/WB. I think it just shows how much trouble they are in. All of their greed led them to a very unhappy end. But they could at least try..and its sad that there's no sign of improvement in their communication to us explaining what problems they have etc. I mean...we are the target audience of the game. and if they dont tell us exacly what they're struggling with, they'll never get out of this situation. INVOLVE US into the game, we're the ones playing and running it.
    [IMG]http://www.djelle.dk/sig-lotro.jpg?&lo=09090a2256ji1&t1=Asthorn&t2=The%20Eradicator&t3=Man-Warden&l=80&u=http://makarious.guildlaunch.com/&k=Makarious&s=Gilrain&i=i.imgur.com/mEWU4XQ.jpg[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Eliaf View Post
    I find it quite..funny? or interesting?..i dont even know myself lol. That absolutely noone, out of the 12 replies tried to defend turbine/WB. I think it just shows how much trouble they are in. All of their greed led them to a very unhappy end. But they could at least try..and its sad that there's no sign of improvement in their communication to us explaining what problems they have etc. I mean...we are the target audience of the game. and if they dont tell us exacly what they're struggling with, they'll never get out of this situation. INVOLVE US into the game, we're the ones playing and running it.
    My VIP ended last night and because of recent events, trends and generally not being excited about the last two updates, I didn't bother renewing the card info to restart it... I honestly wish I had something that would convince me to start VIP back up, as I really want to get back to the fun I had for most of my first year here. But this last 8 months has made me doubt that will be possible...

Gilrain is pretty dead at the moment, could just be a bad week but i somewhat doubt it.

RoR had promise to be decent but sadly has not been super successful in terms of fun. Mounted combat was fun for 10 minutes and then became lumpy and awkward. The raids (when they arrived) were not nearly as gripping and challenging on T1 or T2 as BG, OD or Orthanc were in the past. My first group for all the new raids did them first time T1. That shouldn't be possible. Scaling everything was a brilliant idea but then gold loot chance is so low and there is too much teal loot around, plus the fact that on the whole (SS maybe an exception) they are all super easy with little to no challenge.

It would not take too much for turbine to make grouping at least more enjoyable and challenging, and this would bring people back! But the fact is they are somehow happy with everything. This is the first time in about 5 years i have cancelled my vip. Its a shame as this was once a fantastic game.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/232210000000bd98b/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Im on vilya and thankfully the new area is quite full so alot of folk still about, saldy the new area is solo, i really would have liked the last stand to be an instance so i could remind myself this is an mmo and not every other game i have (solo), but the mid areas are barren. trying to pull together a group to help mid level 40 - 60 friends or kin is almost impossible, ive split my mains between other kins to try and sort this problem out as best i can on behalf of those struggling to enjoy the game by being able to source out more folk wanting/needing to do runs, the instance finder being obsolete sadly seemingly.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0b20c0000002a85f8/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

The new pack only give High level players that are bored something to till fall it won't draw anyone new to the game. Just like all the new expansions. In truth lots on end game player don't want to wast the time right after a new pack come out because they mostly so bugged they wait til the first few patches come out before they wast there time.

Lotro is getting known as the master of disaster of new releases.
    Completeness is the only way to play! No fast track ever! Xp Disable Toggle Supporter

this update was pathetic why would anyone wanna come back for solo content its why i been playing rift lately

Quote Originally Posted by Eliaf View Post
    can you imagine how little people will play this game after a bigger and better game (rift) goes free to play?
    All I'll say to that is that I have aquired Rift Ultimate Edition so i can start right now, + I'll have + bag and character slots come june. Fingers crossed that the gameplay quality will not decay too fast.

The sentiments in this thread are being said so often across the forum that I hardly know where to put my twopennorth.

I was playing yesterday and thinking omg how boring this game has become. I have started new chars on a different server from my old one which has become unbearable. What with bonus xp for every click of the mouse they have reached around level 20 without breaking sweat, without even looking into the traditional areas and quests in the Shire or the Barrow Downs - way outstripped the levels for the quests in these areas. Wandering round North of Bree 5 levels above normal thinking how boring it has all been made. We used to keep 2 VIP memberships. We used to spend money in shop to boost TP when the occasion arrived. Not any more. Not a penny till they get sorted out. Not holding my breath, and I will not be conned into spending money to disactivate a bonus I don't want or on Mithril coins if that is the new con.

How can anyone louse up such a brilliant game.

To cap it all I could not log in to my server today - was automatically logged into Withywindle which is top of the list, without a chance to select any other server.

I persuaded a friend to take out an account a couple of weeks ago and try the game. He was promised a package with free horse, free riding skill, extra bag - none of it has showed up despite a ticket to Support, who I suspect have tried to put it onto one of the other family accounts.

I can't get no satisfaction. Don't know Rift. Off to Vanguard to restore my sang-froid. Not becoming for an English gentleman to get so flaming annoyed. They don't have angry young men any more (do they?) .. put me down as a very very angry old man.

Ever tried banging your head against a brick wall? Feels that way in here.

Quote Originally Posted by Exion_Blade View Post
    It seems like they're relying on a failing formula, that lore ALONE will sustain the player base. It wont. Infact on my day to day daily playthrough i feel almost no lroe at all.
    I feel it's the opposite. They are removing all existing lore and not adding any new. Just generic fantasty &&&& like ice giants and whatnot. Without lore, why should we play this game? It's sub-par for an MMO, the only attractive part was that it used to be Tolkien lore based. Now it is a sub-par game with no lore.
    [I]In the sea without lees standeth the Bird of Hermes.
    [/I][I]When all his feathers be from him gone, He standeth still here as a stone.
    Here is now both white and red, And all so the stone to quicken the dead[/I][I].
    The Bird of Hermes is my name, Eating my wings to make me tame.[/I]

Tolkien entitled his first novel in this story "The Fellowship of the Ring" because it was a story of a group who set out to carry out an insanely difficult mission. I have been playing since open beta, and Turbine used to understand what a fellowship was.
    Gradually, though, this game has changed. When a game is made with the emphasis on solo achievement, the player base loses the social contact that many of us have a need for. Turbine seems to forgot that a balance in gameplay is needed between group and solo play. Its gotten so bad and so repetitive that I went back to the Moors. (not that that is much better)
    And this new expansion, while visually pleasing and interesting, is very poorly written. I am greeted as the legendary warrior Gombur then sent out to collect frozen barries? Huh???? (my initial in game reaction to that was "I'm a doctor, Jim, not a botanist!") And then, when that giant appears and starts smashing everyone, the Rohirrim, who are based in part on the Norsemen and who would therefore have a bit of a berserker strain, attack that thing by two's? And Gombur, who is most definitely berserk the way I play him, had to stand there and do nothing???? Left a bad taste in my mouth. However, we got loads of new cosmetic stuff, and new ways to spend those turbine points and to spend money to get those turbine points. Woo Hoo, that's answering your player base.
    I am probably in it still for the long hall, because I want to see gondor and Mordor, but if Helms Deep is bad, it may make the whole thing pointless. I don't want to walk into Mordor alone.
    Gombur Gromburson, Level 105 Guardian
    Kin Leader of Remnant
    Commander of the 92nd Dwarven Highlanders

Is it possible to persuade WB/Turbs to give someone a licence to run this game somewhere about update 6?? It was done for WOW at 2 different levels. No monthly loading of unwanted expansion into a diminishing memory base. Lurvly. Back to the slow satisfying slog.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast