We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Isindar View Post
    you're under the common misconception that DPS = damage, I suggest looking up the difference. Turbine has decided that creep healers don't get damage, not I. take it up with them, I'm just following their lead with suggestions since their niche seems limited to creeps linear system of class roles.

Possibly relevant, but I don't think your assumption is correct there - although at the moment, for defilers, it is that way. During Rohan beta, we were told that defilers' dps was not going to be hugely increased because of balance issues and a desire to see how the Rohan changes worked out before trying to provide defilers with some form of viable dps choice to make. Of course, that view may now have changed or whatever, but I've not seen anything from a dev to say otherwise there. There's a lot of room to be creative with how to provide defilers with that dps option. I'm not holding my breath for it to happen all the same.

As for DR itself, it's so limited really and is very much a lottery on whether it will have any impact on a fight. Reavers are in a decent place once they get impale (R9 if not shop-bought) and their bleeds. Prior to that, their burst damage is pretty poor for a primary dps class. During Rohan beta a number of suggestions were made about changing the skill but none were taken up. Dying Rage can, and should, be a powerful thing. You are guaranteeing freeps hitting you renown by using it so it should at least have some of the lottery element removed given it's a racial trait and on a long cooldown. To be honest, I'd rather see all the racial traits revamped, as they need to be, but that's another I won't hold my breath over. Resetting impale would actually be a subtle but valuable improvement to the skill.
    Last edited by Atheling; May 24 2013 at 07:19 AM.

Yowzers the beast has dentures.

everyone knows they shouldn't have it, that's not an unpopular opinion exactly since it's a botched skill that doesn't fit the class that was modified since defilers were introduced late. since you specifically mentioned how long you've been here, it should be readily apparent. A single unimpressive 2k aoe on a 15m CD would add nothing to the class.
    You are the only person who has objected to this suggestion, yet now you are phrasing sentences with the word everyone in it. Its clear the skill in its current form does not suit defilers, we are going around in circles, hence change it.

A single 2k aoe (your assertion that this is unimpressive amuses me in that would make pretty much all creep skills unimpressive by natural extension) which defilers could trigger if they were dps'd to within a blink of death would be an interesting tweek.

you're under the common misconception that DPS = damage, I suggest looking up the difference. Turbine has decided that creep healers don't get damage, not I. take it up with them, I'm just following their lead with suggestions since their niche seems limited to creeps linear system of class roles.
    Oh I am so sorry for using the term dps as a generic term for damage like most people do as a game convention. This crumbles my suggestion into dust and adds considerably to your argument, not.

By posting on the forum I'm suggesting changes to the game as per Turbine's direction to "make suggestions for things you'd like to see in lotro" I don't need to argue with them, they have not argued with my suggestion. So your objection has now swerved into the lane of hey its just the way the game is. If things didn't change, that champ u have would not have bubbles. Nothing is fixed, so if your argument is thats just the way it is, every suggestion on the forum could be countered with the same line.

hardly relevant, i just thought the suggestion was bad. skill either needs to fit the class role or just be replaced.
    Okies you thought my suggestion was bad because it does not fit a class role. Your arrogance about scuffed addidas did nothing to set the tone of your reply, which is still loosely that reavers are in an ok place and defilers are healers >.<

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Oldwiley View Post
    Yowzers the beast has dentures.

You are the only person who has objected to this suggestion, yet now you are phrasing sentences with the word everyone in it. Its clear the skill in its current form does not suit defilers, we are going around in circles, hence change it.

A single 2k aoe (your assertion that this is unimpressive amuses me in that would make pretty much all creep skills unimpressive by natural extension) which defilers could trigger if they were dps'd to within a blink of death would be an interesting tweek.

Oh I am so sorry for using the term dps as a generic term for damage like most people do as a game convention. This crumbles my suggestion into dust and adds considerably to your argument, not.

By posting on the forum I'm suggesting changes to the game as per Turbine's direction to "make suggestions for things you'd like to see in lotro" I don't need to argue with them, they have not argued with my suggestion. So your objection has now swerved into the lane of hey its just the way the game is. If things didn't change, that champ u have would not have bubbles. Nothing is fixed, so if your argument is thats just the way it is, every suggestion on the forum could be countered with the same line.

Okies you thought my suggestion was bad because it does not fit a class role. Your arrogance about scuffed addidas did nothing to set the tone of your reply, which is still loosely that reavers are in an ok place and defilers are healers >.<
    +1 buddy, I think it's a save bet that the majority can see what the chimp is about. I'd walk away from it now, it's just monkey talk :P

Creep last stand? Yes, but...
    Only for defilers, reavers should get something else. a decent dps class having last stand type of effect is a bit messed up (almost as messed up as pretty much that freeps get, but that is besides the point here)

Defilers would lose the need for defensive buffs on it and thus gain healing modifiers and perhaps becoming immune to setbacks as well?

Creep defences would need to get boosed slightly... Up the crit defence that they had back at u9(as in give them a bit more than back at u9) and regular mit boost so they are now how they are with the buff-pots. Then give reavers a stupidly huge buff for critical mitigation like straight percentage boost of 20-40% as well as a crit/dev magnitude buff of around 15-50% maybe less for devs and more for crits just so reavers get those stupidly huge devs as freeps sometimes do, just keep the cd decent so it doesn't make reaver only class worth playing, lol.

Rework is needed for pretty much everything, but it's hard to reach a decision on what will be best/better for everyone. Right now I would settle for a direct boost to creep dmg and defensive capabilities as they are simply stupid and either uber nerf or better plain disabling of the proc (or for gods sake, at least the healing proc) items.

I am one of those players who has been waiting for some sort of revamp with dying rage for a long time now, the current dying rage with the 10min cd is way too long and most of the time its just not even worth to use it, and i think more than plenty of us have managed to use the skill and then die 1-2sec later without getting anything done.

But still i am not saying its completely useless skill because there are still some moments when you actually manage to pull some nice kills with it, but the probability of doing so is really low.

I was thinking how i MYSELF would like to see the current skill for Reavers, there would not be a certain morale % before you could activate this one

OR we could keep this simple and make it a 1 shot kill with 10min cd

Quote Originally Posted by Nosterdamus View Post
    I am one of those players who has been waiting for some sort of revamp with dying rage for a long time now, the current dying rage with the 10min cd is way too long and most of the time its just not even worth to use it, and i think more than plenty of us have managed to use the skill and then die 1-2sec later without getting anything done.

But still i am not saying its completely useless skill because there are still some moments when you actually manage to pull some nice kills with it, but the probability of doing so is really low.

I was thinking how i MYSELF would like to see the current skill for Reavers, there would not be a certain morale % before you could activate this one

I think this is an excellent idea. Though I like the idea of the current DR skill.

I would be happy with a simple cooldown reduction, say make the cooldown 3-5mins?

Quote Originally Posted by Nosterdamus View Post

so basicly you're asking for a legalized god-mode function? lol and still complain about wl? :P

Quote Originally Posted by Aineas. View Post
    so basicly you're asking for a legalized god-mode function? lol and still complain about wl? :P
    Last time i checked i have never said anything about wl in the forums.

And could you give me precise description this time why that DR i just made up is so god-mode?

A non-gated and non-cureable 50% Healing reduction maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris91 View Post
    Anything would just go for me at this point, the thing with DR is that defilers also can use it and having a buff like -50% inc healing aura and +50% inc healing would maybe work if there would not be a death in the end.

I would just like to see a reduction with the CD and removing the morale requirement for DR and maybe even remove the death penalty at the end of the skill, those would be the things that would allow larger variety of strategies on you use.

But i bet this is one of those things that we will not see even in Helm's Deep, the DR has a lot of potential as skill but the current version is just not cutting it.

Can't be defeated buff needs to go to wardens. Passive skill.

Skill tooltip: ~This character is way too powerfull to fall from the likes of you puny creeps!

Make it a passive chance on each hit taken (not just when a skill targeted at you like some items) below 33% Morale (or something reasonable):

11% chance for x short duration defensive buff (can refresh)
    11% chance for x - xx small morale heal (with appropriate cooldown)

When below 15% Morale additional 3% (when below 10% Morale 5%, 5% Morale 7%?) chance to activate an appropriate damage/speed boost, immunity from defeat for x seconds with guaranteed defeat at the end.

(You could replace my 11%'s with... something more reasonable :3)

Meh. Or not, lol.
    Last edited by k3nn3th; Jun 14 2013 at 05:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris91 View Post
    you mean like the current warden healing debuff?

Quote Originally Posted by Dntx09 View Post
    you mean like the current warden healing debuff?
    Did I ever say anything about Wardens was balanced?

My personal opinion is healing debuffs >30% should be either potable or require some gating - regardless which side or class has them

Furthermore in this case, the skill would get a way to eliminate it's own counter - which is a bad idea in general
    Last edited by Chris91; Jun 14 2013 at 11:43 PM.

considering its efficacy it needs a bit of a tweak, I'd say a CD change. With the defiler 15% inc. healing buff shelobs gift heals around 50% of my spiders morale.....every 45s on a defeat gated response. Uruk heal is pretty powerful too, dying rage has certainly gotten me kills I wouldn't have gotten otherwise but I can't count the amount of times I've popped it without being able to fire off a single skill

doesn't need to reset impale imo, skill only has a 20s CD anyways.
    Last edited by Isindar; Jun 16 2013 at 02:38 AM.
    "death is nothing to us, for when we are.. death has not come. And when death has finally come, we are not"
    R7 Spider/R11 Reaver - R13/R11 Champion

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2