We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

LOTRO store goes down and no Turbo points alloted

This is becoming a nasty habit for LOTRO. Now, every time before I earn a new deed ,I have to check to see if the store is up and running. If it's not then there's a very good chance that I won't receive those points. So I have to schedule my playing time around whether or not the store is running. This is just discouraging for players. Especially if,say, I need 10 points to buy a quest pack, I just earned them by killing X amount of enemies and go to the store only to find that the store is not working and those points I just earned are not there. Then to wait it out until the store comes back up and they are still not there. I'm getting sick and tired of the guessing game. If you don't intend to honor your own system then just stop giving out TP all together. I would rather not be expecting something than to play touch and go with this system. Might as well just take the deeds out of the game because when people find out their hard work is in vain,they will quit trying to even earn them anymore.

Ok, I'm done ranting. BUT COULD YOU PLEASE DO SOMETHING ABOUT TP BEING DENIED FOR DEEDS. Maybe a seperate place where TP is recorded so that one doesn't have to rely on the store to record their progress. I understand the two are interrelated but that doesn't mean players should be denied their points because the store is down.

I was just wondering about this, about whether there was a separate place online where we could view our earned turbine points. If there isn't such a place, I hope Turbine creates one.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoobydoobyhooby View Post
    Maybe a seperate place where TP is recorded so that one doesn't have to rely on the store to record their progress. I understand the two are interrelated but that doesn't mean players should be denied their points because the store is down.
    Quote Originally Posted by PoisonRedApple View Post
    I was just wondering about this, about whether there was a separate place online where we could view our earned turbine points.

This happens occasionally. There's no need to wait for Turbine to create this "separate place where TP is recorded"; you can do this yourself right now, with a physical notepad or simple textfile. When you do find points missing, you'll need to contact Turbine Account Support to get them back. Here's a step-by-step:

1) Record the date, time, character, server, deeds completed, and points that failed to award. Keep this for future reference; a simple text file works well, so you can copy-n-paste this information later.

2) Wait 48 hours. If after that time the points have still not been awarded, proceed to step 3.

3) Log into your account at https://myaccount.turbine.com/

4) Once logged in, open a new ticket at http://support.turbine.com/ics/suppo...&deptID=24001&

5) In the section Ticket Description, under Game select "LOTRO"; under Support Team select "LOTRO Account/Store Support"; under Request Type select "Point or Store Inquiry"; and under Specific Point or Store Inquiry select "Deed/Favor Points Not Received". Fill out the rest of the form as normal. If yours is an F2P/Premium account with no credit card on file, select "Game Time Card" for the payment method and "0000" for the last 4 digits of the card.

6) In the Description field, explain the problem and give the details you recorded in step 1.

7) Click the Finish button at the bottom.

8) Check the email address associated with the account. An automated response will tell you to wait 48 hours (we did that in step 2) and then reply to the mail (with the details we gathered in step 1). Since you've followed these steps exactly, you can just reply to the email and copy-n-paste those details. Don't change the subject line of the reply.

Now you wait. It may take a week or two for your missing points to be awarded, but they will get around to it.
    Join the LotRO Volunteer QA Team!
    Use the [url="http://lotrobugs.turbine.com"][color=red]bug reporting tool[/color][/url] or type /bug in-game!*
    [SIZE=1]*no rants please[/size]

Turbine simply has to implement a store and forward mechanism and an audit that compares Turbine data with what PlaySpan has stored in their data. PlaySpan being the company that Turbine hired to implement the Lotro Store and maintain our Turbine Point wallets.

There is a significant cost for both Turbine and PlaySpan. Turbine will have to pay for their own costs and any costs that PlaySpan has. It may not be economically feasible to do a robust implementation. Instead Turbine deals with the issue manually for any one that fills out a ticket. Those people that do not fill out tickets, they do not get their Turbine Points. Instead they have to buy these points with dollars.

My personal opinion as always. There is little economic incentive to spend the dollars for a reliable robust system. They are spending dollars to reduce revenue.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by banjolier View Post
    This happens occasionally. There's no need to wait for Turbine to create this "separate place where TP is recorded"; you can do this yourself right now, with a physical notepad or simple textfile. When you do find points missing, you'll need to contact Turbine Account Support to get them back. Here's a step-by-step:

1) Record the date, time, character, server, deeds completed, and points that failed to award. Keep this for future reference; a simple text file works well, so you can copy-n-paste this information later.

2) Wait 48 hours. If after that time the points have still not been awarded, proceed to step 3.

3) Log into your account at https://myaccount.turbine.com/

4) Once logged in, open a new ticket at http://support.turbine.com/ics/suppo...&deptID=24001&

5) In the section Ticket Description, under Game select "LOTRO"; under Support Team select "LOTRO Account/Store Support"; under Request Type select "Point or Store Inquiry"; and under Specific Point or Store Inquiry select "Deed/Favor Points Not Received". Fill out the rest of the form as normal. If yours is an F2P/Premium account with no credit card on file, select "Game Time Card" for the payment method and "0000" for the last 4 digits of the card.

6) In the Description field, explain the problem and give the details you recorded in step 1.

7) Click the Finish button at the bottom.

8) Check the email address associated with the account. An automated response will tell you to wait 48 hours (we did that in step 2) and then reply to the mail (with the details we gathered in step 1). Since you've followed these steps exactly, you can just reply to the email and copy-n-paste those details. Don't change the subject line of the reply.

Now you wait. It may take a week or two for your missing points to be awarded, but they will get around to it.
    Thanks for the thorough and detailed procedure. No way am I going to execute that!

If Turbine reads this, hopefully they'll see how ridiculous it would be for us to have to keep a spreadsheet at this level to make sure we get each and every one of our 5-TP rewards for the deeds.

If I'm going to be doing spreadsheets, I want an honest-to-goodness economy to track. EVE-Online in Middle-earth... that's my dream!
    Tuco of the Quick Post

I do keep a log of every transaction and points earned.
    The detailed process you posted will come in handy whenever points earned aren't awarded after the requisite waiting period. Thanks for helping out banjolier.

Gotta say that everytime I have had a problem with TP and asked for support, Turbine have responded fairly quickly and refunded the points I was owed. Indeed even in one instance where I later realized it was my mistake they did refund the points. So request support, you should get your points back.