We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thumbs down The Snows Come again

Completely baffled! Latest instruction........ "Run North". Into a set of barriers Can anyone advise please?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/04208000000055a16/01005/signature.png]Deabras[/charsig]

Jump over them

Tirian probably has it, assuming the barriers are, in fact, fencing rails. If it is invisible red border markers then you have run into the same issue which left my burglar seething. You can bypass some of the mobs( especially if you have stealth) but doing so does you no good whatsoever as it wont advance the plotline. Things in the way HAVE to be killed. Since you are guardian, however, fences seem a lot more likely. Some of them near the end, do need to be skipped. There is a set of 'this way' markers with slightly grey columns above them, similar to Hytbold daily 'racecourse' markers. Keeping a weather eye open for them should give you a decent hint as to when it is time to leave the beaten paths. But the fact that they are functional implies lazy design, to say the least.

Sorry, I need to explain more:

1. I'm doing this on my hunter.

2. The barriers are the red ones. I've killed two lots of 2 orcs & seen a few "this way" signs. After the second pair, the giant is in view & his orcs are behind him.

The info says "Run North", but I don't see a path to follow. North leads to big drops & eventually the red instance barriers.

Thanks for all advice BTW.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/04208000000055a16/01005/signature.png]Deabras[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by TCinDAUK View Post
    Sorry, I need to explain more:

1. I'm doing this on my hunter.

2. The barriers are the red ones. I've killed two lots of 2 orcs & seen a few "this way" signs. After the second pair, the giant is in view & his orcs are behind him.

The info says "Run North", but I don't see a path to follow. North leads to big drops & eventually the red instance barriers.

Thanks for all advice BTW.
    There is a fence you must jump over to your left after defeating the last uruks, touch the white light, jump off the cliff. run forward and you should automatically be sent out.

Quote Originally Posted by Witch0King View Post
    There is a fence you must jump over to your left after defeating the last uruks, touch the white light, jump off the cliff. run forward and you should automatically be sent out.
    Can't find any sign of a white light. I must be very dim!

Does anyone have a screenshot or map reference for the white light please?

This quest is buggy. The directions it kept telling me to run were opposite to where the beams of white light that say "this way" were placed.

I also had the same problem with the run north instruction, there was an invisible wall (the red edge of the instance barrier) in the middle of the questing area. I spent around 10 minutes finding a way around it.

There are two watch towers @ 32.9 65.6 / 33.0 65.4
    The 'white light' is between them

Then you get 'jump off the cliff quickly'

What white light. I see no white light. Trued this quest 7 times now and still can't work out how to end it.

Okay I've worked it out now. When you kill the last orcs don't just run away. Calmly look towards the edge of the cliff (it should be behind you to the East). Go to the edge of the cliff, find a column of white light on the edge of the cliff. Jump.

You will enjoy the quality of the wildermore survivors quests later. In one place one of the mobs you're supposed to beat while mounted keeps falling off a random cliff. This stuff wasn't actually tested beforehand or at least seems to not have been tested from the user point of view.

Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Webgrecian View Post
    What white light. I see no white light. Trued this quest 7 times now and still can't work out how to end it.
    I hope whomever designed this instance had a short career at Turbine and went to work for Blizzard or Bioware, because otherwise LOTRO is doomed. Absolutely pulls you out from immersion! Run in the exact path they want with nothing but a small glowing light? C'mon! Use rings or clickies if you want us to take a specific path!

The posters are correct. First, don't run, you need not worry about the boss. The whole challenge of this quest is solely locating the glowing flashlights. The last one ("Run North") is in between two watchtowers. Hop off your warsteed and just walk until you find it. Do not jump over the cliff until it tells you to (after finding the last "This Way") or else you will get stuck and must restart the instance.

Quote Originally Posted by NacMac View Post
    There are two watch towers @ 32.9 65.6 / 33.0 65.4
    The 'white light' is between them

Then you get 'jump off the cliff quickly'
    Thanks for the coords. I wouldn't have been able to finish without them.

I absolutely hated that quest. It was getting my blood pressure up. That invisible wall was really starting to tick me off.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
    [I][FONT=comic sans ms][COLOR=#ffff00]Continuing the never ending battle to keep Lobelia Sackville-Baggins in check[/COLOR][/FONT][/I]

Quote Originally Posted by Nymphonic View Post
    I absolutely hated that quest. It was getting my blood pressure up. That invisible wall was really starting to tick me off.
    I haven't experienced bug in this quest but made that on second attempt anyway. Because when I saw "..north" I was going exactly north, out of town around Nurzum. That's WRONG! Bad quest description! Just kill incoming Uruks find next Lights inside town. And then you can jump over fence which is not north but on the very east of town (maybe North-East-East). There is just slope behind fence so you will fall breaking legs a little.. and then quest will end..