We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 26
  1. #1

    1v1 Is Stupid And A Dumb Idea.

    So today (5/17/13) I was at GTA Watching a bunch of 1v1 matches just because I like seeing who will win in all these awesome fights. I noticed a Warg who ganked (Attacked without warning) a r4 Runekeeper. This is reason #1 of why I hate 1v1.
    You never know which creeps are actually playing by the rules of 1v1 (Jump around the player you want to spar with; If the player jumps back, he accepts) and you never know which creeps are out there just ganking you. That is the reason I stay back a bit, close to the riverside. So here comes the same Warg that ganked the RK. I did what anyone would do, walked the other direction. He kept following me for about 10 seconds and then I didn't see him for the next 30 seconds or so. Then while I was in the middle of eating a tasty bowl of cereal I hear the sound of a Warg's Gnarl. I realized this mf' was attacking me now! I quickly tried to retaliate but had to chance. I died, respawned, and went back to the camp in hopes that the Warg was satisfied with ganking. I started watching a few more fights and I noticed the same gosh damn Warg ganking another r4 rk! I wanted revenge so I put heartseeker on him and beat his Warg-tooshie in 6.5 seconds. I was satisfied with my revenge. Then a mob of creeps mobbed me, like I thought they would. I didn't care though because I got what I came for. I went back to the camp to watch a few more fights and before I knew it *BAM* hits another wave of creeps on my &&&. Again I respawned and head back to GTA to watch a few fights, this time using stealth. NOPE! They got me again. Creeps on Gladden are nothing but butthurt looser. Also, I was once called a farmer for killing a noob Warg 5 times yet 1v1ing is exactly like farming. Anyways I think Gladden's PvP system is practically S**t. Anyways just wanted to get this story off my chest. Thanks for reading. Have a great day.

    -Duerauk, Pie Eating Champion
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/01203000000257fd9/01001/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    714
    Quote Originally Posted by jwmoyer08 View Post
    So today (5/17/13) I was at GTA Watching a bunch of 1v1 matches just because I like seeing who will win in all these awesome fights. I noticed a Warg who ganked (Attacked without warning) a r4 Runekeeper. This is reason #1 of why I hate 1v1.
    You never know which creeps are actually playing by the rules of 1v1 (Jump around the player you want to spar with; If the player jumps back, he accepts) and you never know which creeps are out there just ganking you. That is the reason I stay back a bit, close to the riverside. So here comes the same Warg that ganked the RK. I did what anyone would do, walked the other direction. He kept following me for about 10 seconds and then I didn't see him for the next 30 seconds or so. Then while I was in the middle of eating a tasty bowl of cereal I hear the sound of a Warg's Gnarl. I realized this mf' was attacking me now! I quickly tried to retaliate but had to chance. I died, respawned, and went back to the camp in hopes that the Warg was satisfied with ganking. I started watching a few more fights and I noticed the same gosh damn Warg ganking another r4 rk! I wanted revenge so I put heartseeker on him and beat his Warg-tooshie in 6.5 seconds. I was satisfied with my revenge. Then a mob of creeps mobbed me, like I thought they would. I didn't care though because I got what I came for. I went back to the camp to watch a few more fights and before I knew it *BAM* hits another wave of creeps on my &&&. Again I respawned and head back to GTA to watch a few fights, this time using stealth. NOPE! They got me again. Creeps on Gladden are nothing but butthurt looser. Also, I was once called a farmer for killing a noob Warg 5 times yet 1v1ing is exactly like farming. Anyways I think Gladden's PvP system is practically S**t. Anyways just wanted to get this story off my chest. Thanks for reading. Have a great day.

    -Duerauk, Pie Eating Champion
    OMG!!! Someone broken unwritten rule, please someone call police!!! But seriously that sucks =/ Happens same on Landy we have particular creeps tribes that hate FC at gta and do same stuff.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by sarefx View Post
    OMG!!! Someone broken unwritten rule, .
    Yeah, again, thats another reason 1v1 is stupid. There are no rules meaning anyone to do it is stupid for expecting a fair fight. I just sat and watched.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/01203000000257fd9/01001/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Eriador
    Posts
    763
    Quote Originally Posted by jwmoyer08 View Post
    Yeah, again, thats another reason 1v1 is stupid. There are no rules meaning anyone to do it is stupid for expecting a fair fight. I just sat and watched.
    While I empathize, I'm not sure I understand what you're trying to accomplish other than venting some rage. Which, in all honesty, I understand well.

    But it is Open Zone PvMP out there, and there are always people who will want a few easy points. There's really nothing much you can do except hope that a bunch of people who are trying to have fun in the circle crush the person who's wrecking other people's fun. And, additionally, hope they get an earfull from their peers on their own side.

    This happens on both sides. Freeps and Creeps. Someone cares more about what they see as easy points than they do about having fun.

    Will a Wargie Snack(tm) help?
    Hobbits . . .
    Now them's good eatin'!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    GW2.
    Posts
    178
    Which is why I would like to see a PvMP arena. But that won't happen.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    7,779
    Quote Originally Posted by jwmoyer08 View Post
    So today (5/17/13) I was at GTA Watching a bunch of 1v1 matches just because I like seeing who will win in all these awesome fights. I noticed a Warg who ganked (Attacked without warning) a r4 Runekeeper. This is reason #1 of why I hate 1v1.
    You never know which creeps are actually playing by the rules of 1v1 (Jump around the player you want to spar with; If the player jumps back, he accepts) and you never know which creeps are out there just ganking you. That is the reason I stay back a bit, close to the riverside. So here comes the same Warg that ganked the RK. I did what anyone would do, walked the other direction. He kept following me for about 10 seconds and then I didn't see him for the next 30 seconds or so. Then while I was in the middle of eating a tasty bowl of cereal I hear the sound of a Warg's Gnarl. I realized this mf' was attacking me now! I quickly tried to retaliate but had to chance. I died, respawned, and went back to the camp in hopes that the Warg was satisfied with ganking. I started watching a few more fights and I noticed the same gosh damn Warg ganking another r4 rk! I wanted revenge so I put heartseeker on him and beat his Warg-tooshie in 6.5 seconds. I was satisfied with my revenge. Then a mob of creeps mobbed me, like I thought they would. I didn't care though because I got what I came for. I went back to the camp to watch a few more fights and before I knew it *BAM* hits another wave of creeps on my &&&. Again I respawned and head back to GTA to watch a few fights, this time using stealth. NOPE! They got me again. Creeps on Gladden are nothing but butthurt looser. Also, I was once called a farmer for killing a noob Warg 5 times yet 1v1ing is exactly like farming. Anyways I think Gladden's PvP system is practically S**t. Anyways just wanted to get this story off my chest. Thanks for reading. Have a great day.

    -Duerauk, Pie Eating Champion
    Rulse of the Ettenmoors:
    1) Do not whine if you get ganked
    2) DO NOT WHINE IF YOU GET GANKED
    3) Never go AFK unless your somewhere safe
    4) Expect the other side to play dirty.
    Maley Oakensage, Captain of Elendilmir

    Alas Elendilmir, may you *jingle jangle* forever in the Forgotten West

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    24

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by jwmoyer08 View Post
    dwarf hunter
    You are a rare breed, sir.

    I wish more people could tell a story, or even just communicate like this. I enjoyed reading it, and you have my condolences. I would give you rep, but I don't seem to be able to. A thumbs up will have to suffice.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Blighty
    Posts
    2,379
    Quote Originally Posted by Almagnus1 View Post
    Rulse of the Ettenmoors:
    1) Do not whine if you get ganked
    2) DO NOT WHINE IF YOU GET GANKED
    3) Never go AFK unless your somewhere safe
    4) Expect the other side to play dirty.
    This is a pretty fair summation although one could sum it up by saying that there are no (player) rules.

    I've always found it bizarre that certain players will lay down all manner of rules for themselves to follow in PvMP and then get upset when other players do not adhere to them. Each player will have their own code of conduct in PvMP, but the only person you can expect to follow that code is yourself. I think if more players were to appreciate that fact they may have a much more enjoyable PvMP experience.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    275
    having difficulty telling whether or not the kin you're in is ironic or unintentional
    "death is nothing to us, for when we are.. death has not come. And when death has finally come, we are not"
    R7 Spider/R11 Reaver - R13/R11 Champion

  10. #10
    1v1 at GTA is a terrible Idea.. If you want to go fight club go somewhere people don't map directly to. The moor's isnt a good place to spectate and expect nothing to happen.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0620500000014065e/01003/signature.png]Xerious[/charsig]

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    In-game
    Posts
    3,752
    Quote Originally Posted by jwmoyer08 View Post
    So today (5/17/13) I was at GTA Watching a bunch of 1v1 matches just because I like seeing who will win in all these awesome fights. I noticed a Warg who ganked (Attacked without warning) a r4 Runekeeper. This is reason #1 of why I hate 1v1.
    You never know which creeps are actually playing by the rules of 1v1 (Jump around the player you want to spar with; If the player jumps back, he accepts) and you never know which creeps are out there just ganking you. That is the reason I stay back a bit, close to the riverside. So here comes the same Warg that ganked the RK. I did what anyone would do, walked the other direction. He kept following me for about 10 seconds and then I didn't see him for the next 30 seconds or so. Then while I was in the middle of eating a tasty bowl of cereal I hear the sound of a Warg's Gnarl. I realized this mf' was attacking me now! I quickly tried to retaliate but had to chance. I died, respawned, and went back to the camp in hopes that the Warg was satisfied with ganking. I started watching a few more fights and I noticed the same gosh damn Warg ganking another r4 rk! I wanted revenge so I put heartseeker on him and beat his Warg-tooshie in 6.5 seconds. I was satisfied with my revenge. Then a mob of creeps mobbed me, like I thought they would. I didn't care though because I got what I came for. I went back to the camp to watch a few more fights and before I knew it *BAM* hits another wave of creeps on my &&&. Again I respawned and head back to GTA to watch a few fights, this time using stealth. NOPE! They got me again. Creeps on Gladden are nothing but butthurt looser. Also, I was once called a farmer for killing a noob Warg 5 times yet 1v1ing is exactly like farming. Anyways I think Gladden's PvP system is practically S**t. Anyways just wanted to get this story off my chest. Thanks for reading. Have a great day.

    -Duerauk, Pie Eating Champion
    funny, because im always ganked by freeps, but they are well pure as angels in your eyes right?

    but fights at GTA sucks. people are blind, arrogant, selfish and not worth your time. i gave up on 1v1s at GTA a long time ago. those events made me ashamed of being freep/creep. I'd rather fight a man than those featherweights.
    "I should call that a heavy loss, if it was not a wonder rather that in his great age he could still wield his axe as mightily as they say he did, standing over the body of King Brand before the gate of Erebor, until the darkness fell."
    http://gladdenhistory.wikispaces.com/

  12. #12
    Yesterday was a bad day of 1v1s, so to speak. The warg you speak of was a ####hurt dude who had gotten whooped on his minstrel several times before and switched to creep just so he could gank 1v1s for easy renown. The creeps who attacked you afterwards were his kinmates, and sadly, should never have helped him. So yesterday wasn't exactly your average 1v1 day. I killed his warg south of poor lc while he was killing npcs at the camp, and then I was called out in creep ooc for "ganking me while I was watching 1v1s" so I had a nice ganking experience yesterday too. The trick is to slowly figure out who the respectable people are on both sides, and who aren't. If the respectable people are out, have fun. If d-bags are out, form a group, and wipe them all over the floor. If others choose to try to help them, kill them too. My philosophy about 1v1s

    It's a shaky business, "touch and go" one might say (trololololol).

    Quote Originally Posted by Isindar View Post
    having difficulty telling whether or not the kin you're in is ironic or unintentional
    Intentional. But my kin name is better.
    RIP Milkmefondly 2014

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Witch0King View Post
    but they are well pure as angels in your eyes right?
    Well it dosn't matter. I've never seen freeps get as butthurt as much as creeps do lol. Thats what I believe at least, sorry if you think otherwise. :P
    Last edited by jwmoyer08; May 18 2013 at 11:44 AM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/01203000000257fd9/01001/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

  14. #14
    GV is the only place in the Ettenmoors that you can expect to go AFK for some cereal and not get killed in.

    Gankers do what they do because they dislike 1v1s, can't win any themselves, or just have a thing against you. Also, some dislike spectators who refuse to actually participate. Until you can actually fight back, I wouldn't recommend spending much time in an area where creeps are congregating.
    [img]http://s22.postimg.org/ok6eiwpb5/sofar.jpg[/img]

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    In-game
    Posts
    3,752
    Quote Originally Posted by jwmoyer08 View Post
    Well it dosn't matter. I've never seen freeps get as butthurt as much as creeps do lol. Thats what I believe at least, sorry if you think otherwise. :P
    I've learned that the creepside is better and more social than the freepside. Freeps got too many grudges.
    "I should call that a heavy loss, if it was not a wonder rather that in his great age he could still wield his axe as mightily as they say he did, standing over the body of King Brand before the gate of Erebor, until the darkness fell."
    http://gladdenhistory.wikispaces.com/

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Ettenmoors
    Posts
    2,324
    1v1s are more situational anyway.

  17. #17
    My rules of thumb -

    1. All warg players are irritating gits - defined by their choice of class.
    2. Nothing beats your arrow killing the git after he/she has popped HIPS if your a hunter (even funnier if it's a BA tick).
    3. So man/dwarf/elf/hobbit up and kill the fckers

    As for 1v1 - don't go there and your problems are solved!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2921e000000137154/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

    No need to spam track - it's in a tin in the cupboard.

  18. #18
    1. A 1v1 is never a gank, at least when it is the Creep who starts it (when some Freep classes can take 2-5 Creeps to kill).
    2. You're around a 1v1 circle, so expect to be attacked 1v1, by a warg who wants to 1v1, but doesn't want to give up the real advantage of stealth, surprise.
    3. You jumping in a 1v1 of the warg vs another Freep in your revenge for losing a fair 1v1 against the warg was a ganking, which is why the Creeps all swarmed you.
    Arkenstone (formerly Landroval):
    Lizaveta, r12 Minstrel.

    Eviliz Unseen, r11 Warg. Lizifer, r11 Defiler.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    891
    Quote Originally Posted by jwmoyer08 View Post
    Then while I was in the middle of eating a tasty bowl of cereal I hear the sound of a Warg's Gnarl.
    I lol'd. Been there!!

    I think ya'll in this thread should loosen yer drawers a bit and reread it.

  20. #20

    Hmmm... Not sure this was such a breach of etiquette

    Sounds to me like you walked away from a 1 v 1 area (you say you walked for 10 seconds and saw the warg following you, then he disappeared for a other 30 seconds- you are pretty far away from the1 v 1 spot after that much time walking) and got attacked by a creep. Doesn't sound like anything wrong here. You were in a PvP zone and away from where 1 v 1s were going on and a creep attacked you. That's what happens. When you went back and jumped into a 1 v 1 to get your revenge, you clearly did something wrong, and were properly crushed. Maybe you didn't want to fight that warg when you walked away initially, but that doesn't really matter in the Moors. The best way to avoid being attacked by creeps is to stay out of the Ettenmoors. Him attacking you sounds ok to me. You going back to get revenge and interrupting a 1 v 1 does not sound right to me, and I am going to guess the people who were there and saw it felt the same way. Certainly the creeps did.

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Washington DC
    Posts
    661
    ZOMG! Someone died in the Moors! *facepaw*

    Quote Originally Posted by Maryam View Post
    1. A 1v1 is never a gank, at least when it is the Creep who starts it (when some Freep classes can take 2-5 Creeps to kill).
    2. You're around a 1v1 circle, so expect to be attacked 1v1, by a warg who wants to 1v1, but doesn't want to give up the real advantage of stealth, surprise.
    3. You jumping in a 1v1 of the warg vs another Freep in your revenge for losing a fair 1v1 against the warg was a ganking, which is why the Creeps all swarmed you.
    ^^This^^

    -Pup-
    PUPTRIPPZ, former Suicidal Warg Squad

    PALAMARK, formerly known as Wargbait

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    in a galaxy far, far away....
    Posts
    55
    Quote Originally Posted by Nookdook View Post
    My rules of thumb -

    1. All hunter players are irritating gits - defined by their spam-tracking choice of class.
    2. Nothing beats your Bestial Claws gutting the git after he/she has tracked you and begun pew-pewing like mad if you're a warg.
    3. So warg/spider/orc/uruk up and kill the bloody froobs

    As for 1v1 - don't go there and your problems are solved!
    There, fixed that for you.
    "The strength of the pack is the wolf; the strength of the wolf is the pack"
    -Motto, U.S 3rd Light Armored Recon Battalion
    Leftenant Arkantor: Oblivion Awaits

  23. #23
    OH SNAP!

    1v1s are stupid AND dumb?!!?

    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0420800000013320a/signature.png]Rosenthal[/charsig]

    All of us knob heads miss you Sylidor - R.I.P.

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5,839
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhurgo_Burglefools View Post
    OH SNAP!

    1v1s are stupid AND dumb?!!?

    Well, this settles it Rosen. We're both stupid and dumb.


    Even my Signature is trolling!

  25. #25
    Me and Stickeez being stupid dumb in a 1v1. Pullout has turned me into an unabashed gif lover.

    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0420800000013320a/signature.png]Rosenthal[/charsig]

    All of us knob heads miss you Sylidor - R.I.P.

 

 
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload