We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Erebor Cluster = Turbine's Contractual Obligation Album

As the title suggests, because Turbine had to back-track and agree for the RoR pre-order to include the cluster, they then decided to dedicate the abolsute minimum resource required to producing the cluster in order to fufill their contractual obligation.

Discuss.

There was no contract that said they had to even make this at all. Ive actually been pretty encouraged by the pace of updates and new content as compared to about 2 years back. So it had a few bugs to start, show me a game with no bugs and Ill show you a game where nothing is new.

Quote Originally Posted by Rephiam View Post
    There was no contract that said they had to even make this at all. Ive actually been pretty encouraged by the pace of updates and new content as compared to about 2 years back. So it had a few bugs to start, show me a game with no bugs and Ill show you a game where nothing is new.
    A few bugs if fixed in a timely manner is fine. Flight was taken down for a while and now mobs after the initial 4 mobs don't spawn sometimes. This instance was taken down and it is still bugged.

Quote Originally Posted by QueenArleth View Post
    A few bugs if fixed in a timely manner is fine. Flight was taken down for a while and now mobs after the initial 4 mobs don't spawn sometimes. This instance was taken down and it is still bugged.
    This really isn't some conspiracy though. They are working better than the 75 raids already. The kin I'm in runs Draigoch sometimes for fun and it has bugged a lot on us. We faught an invisible Draig last night until phase 3. Then no one could target his head anymore and he stomped us all. He froze on us just before going down a couple weeks ago. We are seeing it bug more often than not.

I like the Erebor instance cluster. I would love a long ToO type raid, but I don't think this feels rushed or worse quality than previous releases. I didn't play the first few years so maybe it was better then.
    Last edited by Cirgellon; May 17 2013 at 10:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cirgellon View Post
    This really isn't some conspiracy though. They are working better than the 75 raids already. The kin I'm in runs Draigoch sometimes for fun and it has bugged a lot on us. We faught an invisible Draig last night until phase 3. Then no one could target his head anymore and he stomped us all. He froze on us just before going down a couple weeks ago. We are seeing it bug more often than not.

I like the Erebor instance cluster. I would love a long ToO type raid, but I don't think this feels rushed or worse quality than previous releases. I didn't play the first few years so maybe it was better then.
    Running Draigoch for "fun" would explain your disagreement with the OP lol.

Quote Originally Posted by YesMaam View Post
    Running Draigoch for "fun" would explain your disagreement with the OP lol.
    Isn't that why everyone runs raids, for fun?

Anyways, I was just scrolling on my phone and I think I sent you a random friend request. If not you, it went to someone in this thread. No idea what I did but a box popped up saying it was sent.

Never stated it was a conspiracy, I only meant that its not just a few bugs at the start like you said. They took so long to release the content, then once released Flight was taken down. Maybe they ought to give it more time in between expansions honestly. They need to fix the bugs so they can give us good raids with minimum bugs (because to ask for a completely bug free raid would be impossible). There are many bugs in these instances, what about the graphical bug in Smaug where it appears as though the valves are not shut when they indeed are? It is very clear that the Erebor cluster was rushed. These raids are not really raids but more like glorified skirms. Honestly, no boss fight in Flight? I loved ToO, even t1 was difficult for the average pugged group. These are so easy, I've seen people join pugged t1 Erebor instances with quest gear. I've seen a tank with 10k morale (I don't even want to know his mits) do just fine. These raids were clearly rushed and the quality is worse than previous raids.

Yeah, the conspiracy part was just a comment on the threads topic. The OP seems to think these raids are like this because of his conspiracy. They already knew what the raids were before any of the stuff in the OP happened. Their quality in terms of bugs is no different than previous releases. I'm tired of bugs too but this is typical LOTRO stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Rephiam View Post
    Im not sure but I recall the first day of prepurchase it said that expansion came with instance cluster as a mistake, since a lot of people bought it the first day and the second day ti was fixed and did not include instance cluster, pretty much everyone was asking for a refund and complaining to turbine, so eventually they added it to the prepurchase/purchase.

Yeah, the conspiracy part was just a comment on the threads topic. The OP seems to think these raids are like this because of his conspiracy. They already knew what the raids were before any of the stuff in the OP happened. Their quality in terms of bugs is no different than previous releases. I'm tired of bugs too but this is typical LOTRO stuff.
    However this is 6 months late...

Quote Originally Posted by QueenArleth View Post
    Never stated it was a conspiracy, I only meant that its not just a few bugs at the start like you said. They took so long to release the content, then once released Flight was taken down. Maybe they ought to give it more time in between expansions honestly. They need to fix the bugs so they can give us good raids with minimum bugs (because to ask for a completely bug free raid would be impossible). There are many bugs in these instances, what about the graphical bug in Smaug where it appears as though the valves are not shut when they indeed are? It is very clear that the Erebor cluster was rushed. These raids are not really raids but more like glorified skirms. Honestly, no boss fight in Flight? I loved ToO, even t1 was difficult for the average pugged group. These are so easy, I've seen people join pugged t1 Erebor instances with quest gear. I've seen a tank with 10k morale (I don't even want to know his mits) do just fine. These raids were clearly rushed and the quality is worse than previous raids.
    I fail to see how these raids are "easy" when yet you have failed to complete all of them t2 or t2c for that matter? Clearly they all arent easy.

And your point about Tier 1, you should be able to walk in with quest gear and do it. Thats why the rewards arent as good.

Quote Originally Posted by Vulcan583 View Post
    Except this isn't a hard run. Once you get the strategy for tier 2 down, completing challenge mode is almost entirely based on luck. You can be chugging along fine for the first half of the instance, and then suddenly you get the wrong combination of mobs spawned and its a wipe. This isn't the kind of "challenge" most raiders are looking for, we are looking for something that has a very complicated CM strategy(meaning that there is a large difference from normal T2), and has virtually nothing to do with dumb luck. Meaning that it takes a few months before the first group gets it down, and even after someone does get the first kill, it still remains difficult for other groups to follow.
    I agree, Its difficult to knockdown challenge when the instance can bug at any moment, BFE is the worst. I had to restart my client every 3 attempts because of a "Memory Leak". Sometimes you cant even see other players in the instance.

Isn't that why everyone runs raids, for fun?

Anyways, I was just scrolling on my phone and I think I sent you a random friend request. If not you, it went to someone in this thread. No idea what I did but a box popped up saying it was sent.
    I think Yelks point is more what you find fun in contrast to what others find fun. I find Draigoch to be extremely dull even at lvl 75, and I'm going to bet that Yelk has somewhat the same opinion of that raid. The same is probably the case with the Erebor cluster.

Quote Originally Posted by Bhoris_they_spider View Post
    As the title suggests, because Turbine had to back-track and agree for the RoR pre-order to include the cluster, they then decided to dedicate the abolsute minimum resource required to producing the cluster in order to fufill their contractual obligation.

Discuss.
    NAIL ON HEAD!! once they knew they were now not going to make any money off the instance cluster they said ok lets take the resources we would dedicate to making 1 skirmish and split it between 3 raids , now they make no mention of instance cluster because you can bet that IF they do EVER give us a mutiboss raid for HD its gonna cost $ in addition to cost of Xpack, only I no longer trust turbine to ever put any effort into end game ever again, I think the best we can hope for is the clusters already in game get scaled

Anyone complaining about the speed of content releases now apparently wasn't playing for the 18 months after Mirkwood in which there was no new content.
    I want my "The Venomous" title back.

Quote Originally Posted by Iracham View Post
    Anyone complaining about the speed of content releases now apparently wasn't playing for the 18 months after Mirkwood in which there was no new content.
    At least back then we were rewarded for our wait with what was probably the best instance cluster that LOTRO has ever had: a challenging raid with very few bugs (OD), two new six mans with fairly interesting mechanics (LT and SS), and two new three mans (NCF, SH). Too bad they ruined it by following it up with RoI and a level cap increase that made the content obsolete.

Quote Originally Posted by wakeandbacon View Post
    NAIL ON HEAD!! once they knew they were now not going to make any money off the instance cluster they said ok lets take the resources we would dedicate to making 1 skirmish and split it between 3 raids , now they make no mention of instance cluster because you can bet that IF they do EVER give us a mutiboss raid for HD its gonna cost $ in addition to cost of Xpack, only I no longer trust turbine to ever put any effort into end game ever again, I think the best we can hope for is the clusters already in game get scaled
    If they made a good progression raid, I would pay for it, even if It was completely unrelated and separate from an expansion. I would get it if It was good. But I'm not even thinking of getting HD atm until they confirm whether or not theres a new cluster coming and when.

Quote Originally Posted by streetrider399 View Post
    And your point about Tier 1, you should be able to walk in with quest gear and do it. Thats why the rewards arent as good.
    While I agree that the T1 raids should be and are puggable with minimal requirements in terms of gear, in the last 5-6 T2 runs I have done, most with challenge but a few without) the rewards have been exactly what you would expect from a T1 run. Bounties. Relics. A moonstone or similar. That's it. No F1 symbols, and only a few pieces of teal gear that I believe drops in T1 as well. I am not saying that's all I got. That's all ANYONE in the raid got.

Personally, I do not find the problem is so much in the quality of the raids or in the pace of new content, as in the quality and distribution of loot. If there were enough benefit to be gained from getting T2 challenge, we would run them. As it is, there's little or no incentive to go for challenge and the results of T2 runs is almost always exceedingly disappointing.

Honestly, the mindlessness involved in these new raids, even t2, shows a new lack of effort on Turbine's part. They're throwing us a pacifier and telling us to be quiet while they work on their amazing new fluff projects and warbands. The best new mechanics they could think of were 'defensive skirm without lieutenants', 'build-a-bossfight workshop', and 'let's see how much of your time you can waste pulling levers'? Once you figure out a working strategy for your group, you can practically faceroll through them (BfE is particularly guilty, both t1 and t2). And on top of that, the only noticeable difference in loot is the currency gain and chance for First Ages that practically never drop. Challenge chests are a joke, they only give extra relics and iexp (the chance at an extra symbol and class item is kinda void considering the odds). Most people I know have lost all motivation to even run content anymore, some of the largest kins on our server are pretty much falling apart and/or leaving the game because of the lack of meaningful content. Turbine has made it pretty clear they're only interested in creating time sinks and grinds, which the new loot system exemplifies outstandingly.

For perspective, remember during RoI that many people were still working on T2C strategies for ToO content when RoR was released. It's only been a few months into RoR and most people have already completed 2/3 raids T2, if not all three (those kins still left to do them, in that case). Pugs have completed T2s of all three on various servers, and in some cases T2C. Pugging a T2 ToO was virtually impossible, unless maybe 10/12 were raiders that could function together. And OD was a nightmare for uncoordinated pugs, both T1 or T2, if even possible. There is a distinct lack of design in the Erebor instances and it's showing.

I fail to see how these raids are "easy" when yet you have failed to complete all of them t2 or t2c for that matter? Clearly they all arent easy.

Awesome troll post Ty. Don't be butthurt. What's that saying about glass houses?
    Last edited by Kajil; May 21 2013 at 08:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kajil View Post
    Honestly, the mindlessness involved in these new raids, even t2, shows a new lack of effort on Turbine's part. They're throwing us a pacifier and telling us to be quiet while they work on their amazing new fluff projects and warbands. The best new mechanics they could think of were 'defensive skirm without lieutenants', 'build-a-bossfight workshop', and 'let's see how much of your time you can waste pulling levers'? Once you figure out a working strategy for your group, you can practically faceroll through them (BfE is particularly guilty, both t1 and t2). And on top of that, the only noticeable difference in loot is the currency gain and chance for First Ages that practically never drop. Challenge chests are a joke, they only give extra relics and iexp (the chance at an extra symbol and class item is kinda void considering the odds). Most people I know have lost all motivation to even run content anymore, some of the largest kins on our server are pretty much falling apart and/or leaving the game because of the lack of meaningful content. Turbine has made it pretty clear they're only interested in creating time sinks and grinds, which the new loot system exemplifies outstandingly.

For perspective, remember during RoI that many people were still working on T2C strategies for ToO content when RoR was released. It's only been a few months into RoR and most people have already completed 2/3 raids T2, if not all three (those kins still left to do them, in that case). Pugs have completed T2s of all three on various servers, and in some cases T2C. Pugging a T2 ToO was virtually impossible, unless maybe 10/12 were raiders that could function together. And OD was a nightmare for uncoordinated pugs, both T1 or T2, if even possible. There is a distinct lack of design in the Erebor instances and it's showing.

Awesome troll post Ty. Don't be butthurt. What's that saying about glass houses?

Awe don't get upset since i clearly don't know who you are I will assume you are her "bf". Its a discussion, the fact that people post oh the raids are too easy yet they haven't even finish them is amazing to me. Clearly they aren't easy, Don't get butthurt by my response.

T1 ToO was difficult for the average pug. Erebor t1 is a faceroll, even for fail pugged groups. And I have completed some of the newer raids on t2/c, don't speak before you know the facts. All of them, maybe not, havent really been playing much. This game isn't for raiding anymore and the newer raids clearly exemplify that.