We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Shared Wardrobe Sale Price

Saw Wardrobe space was on sale this week at 20% off. The sale page lists the original price at 495 TP and the sale price at 396. Eager to pick up two sets of wardrobe space I rushed to the store and see the prices were 595 and 476 respectively.

Disappointed with the bait and switch done here. Was looking forward to buying the wardrobe slots but now won't because of this. Either offer the listed price in your ad, or admit someone goofed and correct the mistake.

The price of wardrobe space was increased with Rohan, if memory serves; I'm guessing whoever put the store sale page together used an old graphic. Very shoddy and disappointing. The sale ad needs to be fixed, and it might be nice if they increased the discount a little more to make it up to those who got excited about being able to afford wardrobe space and then discovered they couldn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Adastrea View Post
    The price of wardrobe space was increased with Rohan, if memory serves; I'm guessing whoever put the store sale page together used an old graphic. Very shoddy and disappointing. The sale ad needs to be fixed, and it might be nice if they increased the discount a little more to make it up to those who got excited about being able to afford wardrobe space and then discovered they couldn't.
    yeah i know...i mean inflation is so bad these days TB feels the need to raise virtual prices in the store. w.t.f. is wrong with this company....

This was simply a copy error on the page. It's been fixed in all 3 languages' sale pages. We apologize for the confusion. The prices in-game are correct.

Thanks, QuartermasterU! If anything, I now have truth in advertising.

Quote Originally Posted by Elorion View Post
    Saw Wardrobe space was on sale this week at 20% off. The sale page lists the original price at 495 TP and the sale price at 396. Eager to pick up two sets of wardrobe space I rushed to the store and see the prices were 595 and 476 respectively.

Disappointed with the bait and switch done here. Was looking forward to buying the wardrobe slots but now won't because of this. Either offer the listed price in your ad, or admit someone goofed and correct the mistake.
    Thats too bad. I was gonna grab some when I saw the price, but since my price point is sub 400 for it, I guess I will pass on it again.

They really could take a lesson from the Steam store. Sell stuff at huge discounts and more people will buy. I know I wouldn't hesitate to buy one month of game time if I could find it for $10. But I guess if their marketing/sales people thought they could get more money that way then they'd of already done it.

Still leaves a very bitter aftertaste.
    Rising Price for Shared Wardrobe to 120,02% on rohan release and now - month later - giving a "special discount" of 20% so that we are able to buy a shared wardrobe for nearly the old price before increasing it.
    Not very funny. I feel somewhat cheated and thus will not extend the wardrobe any further.
    Last edited by Kyaha; May 18 2013 at 09:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by qetuop View Post
    They really could take a lesson from the Steam store. Sell stuff at huge discounts and more people will buy. I know I wouldn't hesitate to buy one month of game time if I could find it for $10. But I guess if their marketing/sales people thought they could get more money that way then they'd of already done it.
    I really wish the would larger sales and more sales with stuff I'll actually buy. I only ever really spend TP on discounted stuff anyways and I'd probably end up actually buying TP if stuff worth buying came on sale more often. Flash sales that last like a day or two with a good % off would have loads of people buying TP so they can catch the sale in time. It's really just one of those things where everyone is happy, they make more TP sales, and we get stuff we would otherwise have to pay a lot more for. But none of this raising the price and then discounting down to the original price bullcrap.

I'm not saying it's just because of the addition of the totally unnecessary and unwanted "Mithril Coins" (lore-breaking nonsense: there would never be enough Mithril in Middle Earth to allow so many coins to be minted), but the price of many things has raised to match the price of purchasing it with Mithril Coins. No surprise here, but when you add in the company all of a sudden getting rid of some TP as well (the TP from some of the gift box level quests comes to mind), and they are really starting to pinch pennies and turn me off from the whole store.
    Ralthro 85 Burglar - Thrannorval 85 Hunter - Thrannirvin 85 Guardian - Wirelthar 85 Minstrel - Worthryth 85 Champion

Quote Originally Posted by qetuop View Post
    You can actually get monthly game time for $10 per month. Subscribe for a 3 month block and it's only $30.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/022040000001068b0/01001/signature.png]Klopar[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by VioletFields View Post
    You can actually get monthly game time for $10 per month. Subscribe for a 3 month block and it's only $30.
    heh, yeah, except that's $30 out of pocket not $10. For some of us, that's the difference between being able to afford it and not being able to.