We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by NogodZ View Post
    I tried replying to the support ticket email (it said to do so to add any information to the ticket) and got this reply:
    "Your request could not be processed because the ticket is in the status Closed.To submit this as a new issue, please visit our support portal..."
    Anyone else who bugged it have their case listed as closed? Is this normal when the bug is still in-game?
    This is really frustrating, as sad state of affairs.
    Yes - GMs would not help you with that. You have to wait unti the issue is fixed with some update in the near or far future.

looking for some pointers...

I didn't say anything about GMs...this was via the in game bug report to Turbine. When I went to update it via the email they sent to reply to with updates like screen shots - that's when it said it had been closed.

Anyway-
    My Writhendowns quests end at "A Disturbance at the Gate" and the instance for that (completed)
    The next quest in the chain is "The Funeral in Forlaw" and the associated instance, but Garwig has nothing for me.

And of course my Fallows chain end at being stuck on "They deserve a better fate".

I can't find any info on the chain leading to "A Final Stand" - can anyone point me in the right direction who has completed that with this bug please?

I completed the Epic, and all the quests I could find in Balewood, High Knolls, and Whitshaws.

Thanks
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/032020000003d2a9e/signature.png]Gothgul[/charsig]

Was there a fix for the fix of the above mentioned Tracking an old goat quest? As I recall it, after fix it didn't make sense at all.

(sorry for side track)

Hi, I read the thread and am confused by seemingly conflicting information:

1. TS says in first post:

If you have the quest "They Deserve a Better fate" & are ready to turn it in to Cyneberg in Lornsettle make sure you do so BEFORE! you turn in other quests to her
    2. another poster says:

Quote Originally Posted by Steppenwulf View Post
    the order to turn these in is Paralyzed by Grief (irony much?), They Deserve a Better Fate, Preparing for a Siege; and The Next Stage of Grief (portent of doom?)

Which is correct?

Does anyone know if the letter you get (forget where I got it) that is titled "Smudged orders of Isengard" which starts the quest "Right in Two" leads to quests that allow you to get to "Final Stand" and survivors rep dailies?
    It involves Huna, and has to do with cutting trees...

Thanks
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/032020000003d2a9e/signature.png]Gothgul[/charsig]

It's now been over two weeks since this was encountered and reported and there is no fix and no communication. Turbine, please, can we get some kind of acknowledgement that this is being looked at? Even a generic 'we are aware of the problem and are looking for a resolution' would be better than nothing at all. I've submitted a bug report but now I feel helpless since I'm totally unable to play in Wildermore.

I'm a lifetimer so I don't actually have a subscription to cancel or anything, but I am seriously, seriously disappointed. I don't know what else do to do.
    I shing, therefore I am.

Same here. When will there be a fix? I cant do the daily quests so most of the time I'm running around doing Warbands.

I´m the next victim of this bug :-( - what about a statement from official side ?!?

If you are stuck, check Iothete's Hideaway. If nothing happens inside then ignore this post. Or throw rotten veg at me. :P
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2521c0000001cba22/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

I was able to finish the quest line to Final Stand, which others had noted could still be done even with "They deserve a better fate" bugged out (which mine still is).
    The key for me was a letter in my inventory for "Smudged orders of Isengard" which starts the quest "Right in Two".
    My VIP subscription ran out (and hence I could not initiate the quest without either re-subbing, or paying TP for Wildermore), and I was so pissed about the bugged quest that I did not renew, but suspected that letter and subsequent quests might be the key.
    I finally relented and renewed for a month to test it out.
    That quest does indeed open up the line all the way through "Final Stand" and the survivors daily quests.
    I believe the letter is a random drop from Orcs in Balewood.

In the process I have ANOTHER bugged quest for Barillas (Ent) but that was not important for this. Same thing, he moves around, and if you don't turn it in when he is in a specific place, you are out of luck.
    When I finally went to turn in Final Stand, there were 2 Cynebergs, and 2 Thrymm's, both with quest icons over his heads in Lornsettle in Forlaw. I don't know if it matters which one you turn in to, since they appeared to be duplicates.

Great design Turbine, and kudos for all your help and support. (<-- sarcasm)

G

The key for me was a letter in my inventory for "Smudged orders of Isengard" which starts the quest "Right in Two". [...] I believe the letter is a random drop from Orcs in Balewood.
    If I remember correectly that drops from a named boss (Lomor or something to that effect) a short way into Balewood if you follow the main road. You fight your way through small camps of orcs and eventually come to him. I could be remembering a different drop item, though... nevertheless, this "fix" skips a lot of content. There are a few dozen or so quests between the Cyneberg bug and Balewood. This gets you to end-game content (the SoW dailies) but only by skipping a good chunk of the Wildermore quest line.
    R5 100 GRD Marevayave - Leader of Riddermarked For Death
    R8 100 MNS Fayah/100 LM Siennah/100 HNT Dinenol/100 RK Dhurik
    100 CHN Alachas/85 CPT Dinfaerien/60 BUR Dhax/35 WDN Godoric
    R9 100 MNS Fayeh (alt Wilya) - Lonely Mountain Band @ Landroval

Sigh. Just found out about Barillas, the hard way, third time through. It is frustrating to find out about these 'required quest sequencings' by trial and error. However, I can't make up my own mind as to whether these are actual 'bugs' or simply a bad idea of a 'feature'.

To hopefully help smooth others paths through:

The 'magic' with Cyneburg seems to be to make sure that 'the next stages of grief' is cashed in LAST. I.e. clear all the others first, otherwise 'next stages of grief' does its thing of opening up the 'remembering Yhrymm' interlude. Once that interlude has been completed, Cyneberg moves on and any quests currently uncashed on her become permanently uncashable. 'they deserve a better fate' being the most common loser, as that involves a side-trip to the pub before it can be cashed in.

Similarly, for Barillas, you MUST clear out the ;kill orc-smiths, overseers and douse fires' quest BEFORE sending in the ents to clear out the dru vakoran orc camp. If like me, to try to be too clever and send in the ents first, thinking they they will help you take out the orc smiths etc. en passant, you will find that the smiths aren't present in the instance spawned off to run the ent assault anyway. Finishing the ent assault moves Barillas onto stonecliff, but you cannot cash in orc fires at stonecliff.

The GOOD news is that, in both cases, moving the npc forward is moving the main line forward. I.e. neither case is breaking the path towards 'final stand', you are just losing out on some blah side quest cashins, as cancelling seems to be the only option after getting it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by wachkussen View Post
    The 'magic' with Cyneburg seems to be to make sure that 'the next stages of grief' is cashed in LAST. I.e. clear all the others first, otherwise 'next stages of grief' does its thing of opening up the 'remembering Yhrymm' interlude. Once that interlude has been completed, Cyneberg moves on and any quests currently uncashed on her become permanently uncashable. 'they deserve a better fate' being the most common loser, as that involves a side-trip to the pub before it can be cashed in.
    The interludes are NOT connected in any way to any other quest chain, be it regular quests or epic quests. The interludes are 100% optional. Do them, don't do them, it makes no difference (though completing them does give some cosmetics). Note, however, that Remembering Thrymm is NOT an interlude -- it is a session play.

See my post earlier in this thread HERE to see the exact progression of Cyneberg as she leaves Forlaw.

I too was bugged out on her quest but was still able to make kindred and now I am doing dailys for Survivors.However I never made note of how I picked up the balewood quest chain.
    I made it through so It can be overcome.

Just delete them.

OK so I got bugged out like everyone else so I came here and read everything...sounds all doom and gloom.

Just delete all the quests in this quest line that are bugged. It gives you a 5min retry on the quest giver at which point you can pick up the last quest again.

You will lose the handin rewards for the previous ones. My map shows Cyneberg inside the quest reward symbol next to him but she is invisible/not there - if you go outside she is actually down the road - the arrow points the way like normal.

Enjoy.

Looks like these issues (particularly the horn one) are about to be resolved:

Quote Originally Posted by Sapience View Post
    Wildermore : Final Stand

• -The Winter's Horn is now labeled as a unique item so the player may only carry one at a time. It can now also be deleted from a players inventory. If it is deleted during the instance, a dialogue box will appear to let the player know that deleting the item will end the instance. Leaving the instance by other means (defeat, abandoning quest) will automatically remove the Winter’s Horn from inventory. When loading back into the instance, a new one will be placed in a players inventory.
    • -Also fixed a bug that appeared by making the Winter's Horn delete upon exiting the instance. Now when the player turns in the quest to Thrymm he will no longer be looking to take the Winter's Horn from the player.
    • If Thrymm gets defeated during the instance, player will now be able to speak with him to finish the instance.
    • Fixed a bug that will allow fellowship members to enter the Final Stand instance when it is intended to be a solo only experience.
    • Thrymm will now no longer phase out of his camp before all quests have been turned in.
    • If a player os defeated during the instance, they will now be able to re-enter the fight with Núrzum immediately and not be locked out.

Wildermore: Fallows

• Addressed issues where Cyneberg would not always accept quest turn ins.

I just logged in after the patch.
    My "they deserve a better fate" quest which I had completed (but not able to turn in) is gone from my tracker.
    In Lornsettle, the Cyneberg who was in the chair is still not there, but the quest icon is!
    There is a new standing Cyneberg with no quests or interaction points.
    So, it looks like they just cancelled the quest on me.
    Anyone know where to pick up the chain that led to it?

G
    Last edited by NogodZ; Jun 12 2013 at 02:59 PM.

I'm taking a really wild stab in the dark... but I THINK that quest MAY have been obtained at one of the farms? Perhaps the first farm you get sent to (the name eludes me). I would suggest riding to each farm and seeing if any NPC with a ring (or a remotely-bestowed quest) pops up. Best of luck.

I just logged in after the patch.
    My "they deserve a better fate" quest which I had completed (but not able to turn in) is gone from my tracker.
    In Lornsettle, the Cyneberg who was in the chair is still not there, but the quest icon is!
    There is a new standing Cyneberg with no quests or interaction points.
    So, it looks like they just cancelled the quest on me.
    Anyone know where to pick up the chain that led to it?

G
    I have the same issue. I am finally able to pick up another questline (namely the one with Cyneberg looking for Thrymm, which leads to Dunfast, the refugee camp, etc.), because Cyneberg has now appeared out around the back of Lornsettle (she was definitely not there before because I specifically ran round the whole building and even up onto the roof to look for her.)

However, 'They Deserve a Better Fate' seems to just be...gone. It's not showing as either ongoing or completed in my log, it's completely disappeared. I retraced my steps through Forlaw, back to Scylfig, to all the farmsteads in the southeast and all the way back to Thrymm's camp, but there were no questgivers anywhere that I could see -it's as if the quest has just vanished from the game.

Were there any follow-ons to this to pick up, or was 'They Deserve a Better Fate' the end of that particular storyline?
    I shing, therefore I am.

Quote Originally Posted by Horseyboy View Post
    If you are stuck, check Iothete's Hideaway. If nothing happens inside then ignore this post. Or throw rotten veg at me. :P
    bumple
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2521c0000001cba22/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Seriously 4 months and they can't fix this?.. come on Turbine - these kind of issues make it miserable to play!

get it fixed!

Quote Originally Posted by Elrohiras View Post
    Seriously 4 months and they can't fix this?.. come on Turbine - these kind of issues make it miserable to play!

get it fixed!
    What problem are you specifically having? All old issues are supposed to have been resolved. Which quest are you stuck at?

Angry still bugged

Yes it's still bugged !

I've more or less finished the quests in Wildermore, today I found a new one, starting with a dead horse on the ground "An Unfinished Errand".
    Now I'm stuck because I can't talk to Cyneberg in Dunfast (she is in Forlaw), I can see the quest rings on the radar in Dunfast but there is no one, no one also in the houses or at Iothete's Hideaway.
    Cyneberg is in Forlaw but she doesn't want to talk to me.

Maybe I'll try a ticket and a bug report but, as you know, it's completly useless ...
    Thanks Turbine ... or not.

Angry

Exactly the same problem here. Got "An Unfulfilled Errand" to deliver to Cyneberg and she's simply not where she should be, in Dunfast.
    As I've read, this bug should have BEEN FIXED ages ago, this is after all the CURRENT expansion, which we all PAID FOR.

If this is how Turbine fixes bugs and treats customers like myself (Life Subscription), is it worth buying further expansions, I wonder ?
    My two other companions left the game, one of them was like me, a Life subscription customer.
    Other companies like Arenanet, are becoming more and more worth our $$$, because they actively fix bugs, besides adding content.
    It's unfortunate, as the Tolkien feeling is difficult to replace, and the LOTRO chain quests are pretty unique.
    BUT THEY DON'T WORK !

Quote Originally Posted by Piedtendre View Post
    Yes it's still bugged !

I've more or less finished the quests in Wildermore, today I found a new one, starting with a dead horse on the ground "An Unfinished Errand".
    Now I'm stuck because I can't talk to Cyneberg in Dunfast (she is in Forlaw), I can see the quest rings on the radar in Dunfast but there is no one, no one also in the houses or at Iothete's Hideaway.
    Cyneberg is in Forlaw but she doesn't want to talk to me.

Maybe I'll try a ticket and a bug report but, as you know, it's completly useless ...
    Thanks Turbine ... or not.

All in All <-- Champion Deed is buged. Using 750 blade wall skill... I play this for 2 years and i'm still on 55 of 750 >> and I used it always.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast