We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    I used to jump right into the new areas, but not anymore. Now I wait for the inevitable fix, and the just as inevitable fix for the inevitable fix. Kind of sad, but with 5 lvl 85 alts I've not even bothered going into the new area yet.
    When the Rebels become the Tyrants, Revolution takes on a New Meaning.

I feel for yas, but I have a tendency to lag behind the content that has just been released. Part for this reason (unforseen bugs) and partly because I am slooooow (I usually run 3-4 chars through). Hopefully when I reach this, it will be fixed (or removed).

The hard truth is we have seen these things happen with EVERY content release. Some will rage quit (or threaten to), but most will muddle through.

I am just now running my vanguard of 3-4 toons through Eastern Rohan. I HATE mounted combat (on melee chars), and supposedly this 'feature' has been tuned up a bit. I may not buy Wildemore until later anyway but thanks for the heads up.
    Kinships: Fifth Star Vagabonds on Crickhollow (Dotswith); Random Access on Arkenstone (Dottiel)

I had replied earlier that i had this bug. However after reset tonight, a quest, the one where you blow the horn south of thrymms farm that I 'had' finished yesterday just reappeared at the farm just outside forlaw, and I have been doing quests ever since.
    I guess i'm fixed now.

Has anyone attempted to cancel the quest to see if it resets/becomes avaiable again?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2521c0000001cba22/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Steppenwulf View Post
    Edit: I rolled the dice to try and figure this out for everyone and the order to turn these in is Paralyzed by Grief (irony much?), They Deserve a Better Fate, Preparing for a Siege; and The Next Stage of Grief (portent of doom?)
    Thanks. I followed this order and avoided the bug.
    Turbine must make another hotfix!
    Markbjorn 95 Guardian
    Markthorin 95 Runekeeper

Quote Originally Posted by Dotlbeme View Post
    The hard truth is we have seen these things happen with EVERY content release. Some will rage quit (or threaten to), but most will muddle through.
    When else have we had a bugged quest that prevents all forward progress? We haven't had gated questing for all that long--only since Isengard--so we couldn't have seen this happen for "every" release. I don't recall people being unable to quest at all in RoI or Great River. It happened in RoR and now.

That said, I think it's because almost EVERYTHING is shoddily done in this game these days. The development dollars are spent on the upcoming Infinite Crisis, and LOTRO is stuck with just enough money that people don't up and leave en masse.

Personally, I didn't have this particular problem, but I've had a few others.

Got stuck on the big broken quest, and a GM was able to help me after only 10 minutes. Most people had to wait hours or days, so I feel pretty lucky to have got it done before Turbine told GMs to stop helping.

I had a similar phasing issue as the OP with Barrillas the ent. I had a quest I couldn't turn in, because his quest ring was over near the orc camp, but he phased to Stonecliff. GM was unable to help me. Luckily, it didn't gate anything important (I assume) so I just canceled the quest.

The final quest in the chain bugged for me--I died in the fight (one AoE well into the fight and the ice giant was on me like glue) and came back into the fight. It let me in, and I completed the quest. But it wouldn't let me click the guy with the ring. Just said "You don't have permission to use that". GM was unable to help, said submit a report. Luckily, I've had problems before and just canceled the quest, waited 5 minutes, and redid it.

But. The quest items--horns you use to damage him--are permanently stuck in my bags. They are called the usual stringtable_tabledid, I can use them and they do a horn animation and sound, but I can't destroy them or otherwise remove them from my bag. Again, GM could do nothing. 1 vault space filled until Turbine decides to fix yet another problem.

So yeah, just adds to my list of why I should stop supporting this game. I've played the first day of every expansion and update for 6 years, never had as many problems as in the last 7 months.
    Work like no one is watching, dance like you don't need the money...

Thanks for the warning.

I bought the TP on Tuesday (when I could finally log in)... still haven't set foot in the new area, and not in a hurry until at least one more patch by the sounds of it.
    [SIZE=3]NO SLEEP 'TILL MORDOR!![/SIZE]

Just ran into this bug myself. Handed in "Remembering Thrymm" to Garwig and Cyneberg was phased out before I could complete "They deserve a better fate". Well done, Turbine.
    Dobb - Hobbit Burglar R14
    Thar - Dwarf Guardian
    [DE-RP]Belegaer
    R.I.P [DE]Anduin
    Visit my YouTube-Channel!

Quote Originally Posted by Frisco View Post
    When else have we had a bugged quest that prevents all forward progress? We haven't had gated questing for all that long--only since Isengard--so we couldn't have seen this happen for "every" release. I don't recall people being unable to quest at all in RoI or Great River. It happened in RoR and now.

We've had problems of this nature since they introduced gated questing. In RoI it happened with a similiar quest, where you summoned the Ranger and did the quests around the Rohirrim Scout Camp, and it happened with GR in the Brownlands. I don't remember if these totally stopped forward progression, but I do remember that it was pretty inconvenient!

Im not sure what I turned in ,but when I completed the book thats where it all ended for me I am also stuck

anyone want to throw me 50000 tattered skins

We've had problems of this nature since they introduced gated questing. In RoI it happened with a similiar quest, where you summoned the Ranger and did the quests around the Rohirrim Scout Camp, and it happened with GR in the Brownlands. I don't remember if these totally stopped forward progression, but I do remember that it was pretty inconvenient!
    The "tracking an old goat" quests didn't stop forward progress, but I think that quest in the Brown Lands did, you're right.

So 3 expansions/new land masses in a row they have left something badly broken. But that still isn't "every" update, as was claimed. We had 4 years of LOTRO where we didn't have egregious mistakes like this. Even when Moria was plagued with bugs, the content was still playable--the bugs often offered MORE gameplay, in that they allowed exploits that let more players complete the content who wouldn't have otherwise been able to.
    Work like no one is watching, dance like you don't need the money...

Quote Originally Posted by Frisco View Post
    The "tracking an old goat" quests didn't stop forward progress, but I think that quest in the Brown Lands did, you're right.

So 3 expansions/new land masses in a row they have left something badly broken. But that still isn't "every" update, as was claimed. We had 4 years of LOTRO where we didn't have egregious mistakes like this. Even when Moria was plagued with bugs, the content was still playable--the bugs often offered MORE gameplay, in that they allowed exploits that let more players complete the content who wouldn't have otherwise been able to.
    Right! What is the Beta used for if not to prevent potentially game breaking bugs from going live? I know that the Cuthbald quest got bugged by alot of people on BR and now this whole mess with Cyneburg, I need some Prozac(tm).

worst thing about the whole mess: the support does not even care about it!

any ticket regarding the matter is essentially answered with "nothing we can do about it, so what that it inhibits your progression. Have a nice day."

Right! What is the Beta used for if not to prevent potentially game breaking bugs from going live?
    It's gotten to the point where I hardly even touched beta for Update 11 this time around because I know they don't listen to the bug reports before launching the content. It's just such a sad state of affairs :-/

Right now I have completed all the quests including the epic to the end and am able to do the dailies so at least I'm not blocked there.

I still have the whistle to summon Cyneberg and a letter in my inventory as well as the "They Deserve a Better Fate" quest in my quest log. It would be really nice to be able to finish these quests :-/
    Chromite (Hunter) - Grumbletocks (Guardian) on Landroval, Appendage (Hunter) on Brandywine

Quote Originally Posted by haydenfisher3422 View Post
    If you have the quest "They Deserve a Better fate" & are ready to turn it in to Cyneberg in Lornsettle make sure you do so BEFORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you turn in other quests to her because she phases out and moves on…..once that happens, you wont be able to
    a.) turn in the quest

b.) complete the story line (you can still do the epic), preventing you to unlock the Dailies and receive rep for "survivors of wildermore" (I cant confirm this completely though I personally, haven't been able to unlock the Dailies yet and I have followed the quest lines through. From my understanding it wont unlock until the quests are completed through. If anyone can confirm, please let us know, thanks!)

c.) A GM can not, and will not help to complete the quest, they will refer you to submitting a bug.

Thanks to STEPPENWULF in order to prevent this bug you must turn in quests in this order - Paralyzed by Grief, They Deserve a Better Fate, Preparing for a Siege; and The Next Stage of Grief

please tell your kinsman, /glff, ooc, anything because its very frustrating, and very plausible that they may make the same mistake, take care!
    We had a problem like this in Dunland, and also there the GMs did not help, but it was fixed at some point. The NPC would reappear for players who could not finish a certain quest line.

So either you (other readers) follow the instructions given by the op, or panic or play on and wait for the fix.

Well, customer service is called service for a reason.

I remember being very pleased with Turbine customer service when the epic book quest in Evendim and the epic book quest in Trollshaws were bugged. They helped me out promptly and adequately.

That was like 2 months ago. I'm a bit boggled about these reports about the GM's are taking a different stance to these bugs. What's up with that?
    Last edited by Rainothon; May 17 2013 at 03:01 PM. Reason: spelling not Tori

Quote Originally Posted by Neumi View Post
    We had a problem like this in Dunland, and also there the GMs did not help, but it was fixed at some point. The NPC would reappear for players who could not finish a certain quest line.

So either you (other readers) follow the instructions given by the op, or panic or play on and wait for the fix.
    Since I'm not even Friend with the first faction (I didn't even get to complete anything for the other faction), I'm going to wait a few weeks for this to be solved. After all, it takes "only" 3 and half weeks to reach kindred with the other faction (I don't even know the name). Since I'm stuck at Thrymm's farm, I can't progress in any way shape or form. I guess it will take me a few months to reach kindred. Wait, HD should be out then. Meaning, whatever I just got will be useless then.

I'm jumping up and down. Can't contain my happiness...
    Ricardofurriel 105 Champion Edved 105 Captain Roovery 105 Minstrel Galathriell 105 Lore-Master EddieVedder 105 Rune-Keeper

Ya im stuck here too, but only thing is i finished everything else. So now got nothing to do and cannot do the dailies here seeing i cannot hand in those two damn quests. But got the kindred rep in 2 days. Nothing more to do now but wait, see if they fix it or lvl up another toon

To the OP, thank you for posting this. I haven't had much time to play this week, now I'm glad about that.

I think I'll stick to levelling alts for the next month or so.
    Silverlode refugee

Also stuck now, having done some quests in Forlaw, cannot find any more to do except the Epic.

As it's now Friday they're not likely to release a hotfix until Tuesday at the earliest I would have thought. Let's hope it's the beginning of next week and not later...

I am in the same spot. Oh well, thanks for posting the thread. At least I know why now. If my main is prevented from doing dailies, I'm not going to be a happy camper. "When they have you by the hair, your heart and mind must follow" lol
    Crickhollow Kinship Directorate ~ Paladiran Kin Leader 105 Hunter, r10; Leeafe 105 Lore-master, r1, Agrro 105 Minstrel, r5, Gaarrd 105 Guardian, Valann 105 Captain, Elvwing 105 Rune-keeper, Sneakky 105 Burglar, Chaamp 105 Champion. Shifta 100 Beorning, Heeals 83 Minstrel, Siegun 85 Warden

I documented the path of Cyneberg as I left Forlaw. I had They Deserve a Better Fate and 2 others. I turned them in randomly. None of them sent Cyn away. I then got the quest Remembering Thrymm which is a session play. Completing that makes Cyn go away.

Next I was sent outside to the stables for "Arrival of Thrymm's War-steed". Cyn is there. Then I go back to the Reeve Garwig. Next I get sent outside with A Quest for Answers and Cyn is located around the back of the Lornsettle (meadhall). I then go to the west gate of Forlaw and summon Cyn to me with the horn there. We mount up and head down the road a short ways to the crossroads where Cyn remains as she sends me out with Strange Sights on the Horizon.

I turn in An Unfulfilled Errand and Strange Sights on the Horizon at her next in Dunfast. I complete Empty and Another Strange Landmark within Dunfast. A Search for Survivors south of Dunfast; I use a whistle to summon her to me and we both go to the Dunfast's Refugees camp.

I complete Witnessed Accounts within the camp. I receive Fate of the Livestock and head out, completing some quests and eventually turning in Fate of the Livestock and a few others back at camp. Next I get the session play The Day the Giant Came. I turn that in to Cyn and get The Search for the Missing Man and The Fishermen: Unaware of the Threat (which has a mini-chain of its own and can be completed next). The Search is turned in with Iothete at Iothete's Home. He gives A Clue to the Artifact, and two landscape quests come outside. A Clue is in Dunfast and then you get sent back to Iothete. I get the instance The Story of a Strange Stone, which I complete.

I receive News the Reeve Must Hear, which sends me back to Cyneberg at the refugee camp. I talk with her for several moments and then I am sent back to Forlaw to talk with Reeve Garwig inside his meadhall. He gives me An Uncertain Fate which sents me back to Cyneberg. At this point Cyneberg has returned with you and stands inside the door to the Meadhall. She tries to run away to the High Knoll instead of going to Byre Tor (where Garwig wanted her to go). Garwig tells you to go after her at the stables. She still refuses to go to Byre Tor and you go back to Garwig.

This is where our paths separated. Cyn runs off to the High Knoll (you eventually meet back up) and you go on to Byre Tor, which is where both the quest chain and your epic sends you at this point.

To those who have not hit the bug, try to follow the above path. Don't complete the session play Remembering Thrymm until you've turned in the others. The epic is not influenced by these quests, nor does the epic influence these quests. For those already stuck, try checking the first few locations (heck, maybe try the later ones too) and see if you can locate Cyn (and if so, whether you can turn in the quests you are stuck with).
    R5 100 GRD Marevayave - Leader of Riddermarked For Death
    R8 100 MNS Fayah/100 LM Siennah/100 HNT Dinenol/102 RK Dhurik
    100 CHN Alachas/85 CPT Dinfaerien/60 BUR Dhax/35 WDN Godoric
    R9 105 MNS Fayeh (alt Wilya) - Lonely Mountain Band @ Landroval

They deserve a better fate

Has an actual dev given an actual response on this subject in this thread on what to do / when it will be fixed?

Quote Originally Posted by Billy4444 View Post
    Has an actual dev given an actual response on this subject in this thread on what to do / when it will be fixed?
    To my knowledge, no. But they undoubtedly do know about it. As for when it will be fixed... *shrug*
    R5 100 GRD Marevayave - Leader of Riddermarked For Death
    R8 100 MNS Fayah/100 LM Siennah/100 HNT Dinenol/102 RK Dhurik
    100 CHN Alachas/85 CPT Dinfaerien/60 BUR Dhax/35 WDN Godoric
    R9 105 MNS Fayeh (alt Wilya) - Lonely Mountain Band @ Landroval

This is why I never go into new content until at least three weeks after it is released. With WB's marching orders for Turbine to maximize profit, content will always be rushed out before it is ready. So, I'll let others beta test it before I set myself up for frustration.
    “The world is indeed full of peril and in it there are many dark places.”
    ? J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast