We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 102
  1. #1

    Quest BUG! MAKE SURE YOU READ THIS BEFORE YOU QUEST IN WILDERMORE!!!!

    If you have the quest "They Deserve a Better fate" & are ready to turn it in to Cyneberg in Lornsettle make sure you do so BEFORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you turn in other quests to her because she phases out and moves on…..once that happens, you wont be able to
    a.) turn in the quest

    b.) complete the story line (you can still do the epic), preventing you to unlock the Dailies and receive rep for "survivors of wildermore" (I cant confirm this completely though I personally, haven't been able to unlock the Dailies yet and I have followed the quest lines through. From my understanding it wont unlock until the quests are completed through. If anyone can confirm, please let us know, thanks!)

    c.) A GM can not, and will not help to complete the quest, they will refer you to submitting a bug.

    Thanks to STEPPENWULF in order to prevent this bug you must turn in quests in this order - Paralyzed by Grief, They Deserve a Better Fate, Preparing for a Siege; and The Next Stage of Grief

    please tell your kinsman, /glff, ooc, anything because its very frustrating, and very plausible that they may make the same mistake, take care!
    Last edited by haydenfisher3422; May 17 2013 at 12:22 PM.
    For every Victory, you have a excuse. For every loss, you have a reason. I am Sergeant-at-Arms Haioden Oakshield the wary, Protector of Glân Vraig. Flee from me or perish. Fear the Spear

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    2,100
    Yup. I'm in this boat. I had two quests to turn into Cyneberg. I turned in the wrong one first and she phased out and now I can't turn in the other one.

    Fun stuff.
    Chromite (Hunter) - Grumbletocks (Guardian) on Landroval, Appendage (Hunter) on Brandywine

  3. #3
    Alright, let's see if I got you here.

    A couple hours ago, before I logged out, I had three quests to turn in.
    "They deserve a better fate" was one of them.
    I went in and turned in one of the other three first. Then left the building while Cyneberg was still there and with the ring for the remaining turn ins overhead.
    Now I -obviously- still got this one plus one to turn in. You said this one first, right? Because otherwise if I turn in the other one this one will disappear and I'll end up stuck just like yesterday when the farm one was out of business?

    Or is this just random?

    Any way, thanks much for the insight!!

  4. #4

    Thumbs up

    * suddenly decides NOT to spend 795 TP on this quest pack until it's fixed*

    Thanks for the heads up.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/13213000000075c95/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

    Total number of level 75 mobs killed: 5558. keys & Lootboxes:0

  5. #5
    Turn in quest "They Deserve a better fate" FIRST! because if you dont she will move on after you turn in your final one
    For every Victory, you have a excuse. For every loss, you have a reason. I am Sergeant-at-Arms Haioden Oakshield the wary, Protector of Glân Vraig. Flee from me or perish. Fear the Spear

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    459
    Quote Originally Posted by haydenfisher3422 View Post
    If you have the quest "They Deserve a Better fate" & are ready to turn it in to Cyneberg in Lornsettle make sure you do so BEFORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you turn in other quests to her because she phases out and moves on…..once that happens
    So which quest causes her to phase out? You say to turn in They Deserve a Better Fate first, but what is the name of the quest that causes her to phase out as that would be much more useful to know (IMO).
    Originally Posted by Damian6988
    That is not unlike drinking a pot of coffee and taking a Valium.
    "I want to stay up and get more work done, but I don't want to remember any of it."

  7. #7
    I would have to have a photographic memory to know that. But a soft SPOILER*********** She will be asked to assist somewhere else. Any quest that says, HEY GO MEET CYNEBERG HERE! thats the one, I do believe. But im not certain, i didnt figure this out until I did 50 quest + afterwards. as long as you turn in "They deserve a better fate" FIRST you should be fine.
    For every Victory, you have a excuse. For every loss, you have a reason. I am Sergeant-at-Arms Haioden Oakshield the wary, Protector of Glân Vraig. Flee from me or perish. Fear the Spear

  8. #8
    I've been having the same problem for a couple days, once she left Lornsettle the dialogue option to finish this quest has been unavailable. I'm also stuck on Final Stand. I've defeated Nurzum a half dozen times, can't talk to Thrymm, and IG staff can't even help get these 36 undestroyable horns out of my pack, much less advance me past a bugged out quest so I can get on with the rep grind.

    Game-breaking bugs shouldn't take this long to fix, and with Bullroarer to test it shouldn't be a surprise. Flaws this severe shouldn't even have gone live. Forcing production schedules without the resources to do the job right is just horrible management. Things have been really gone downhill since WB started calling shots, and refusing to assist with even small matters is a slap in the face for our loyalty. We deserve a better fate too.
    [I][FONT=Verdana]"[B]The wind of heaven is that which blows between a horse's ears.[/B]"[/FONT][/I] [SIZE=1]~ Bedouin Proverb[/SIZE]

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by haydenfisher3422 View Post
    If you have the quest "They Deserve a Better fate" & are ready to turn it in to Cyneberg in Lornsettle make sure you do so BEFORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you turn in other quests to her because she phases out and moves on…..once that happens, you wont be able to

    a.) turn in the quest

    b.) complete the story line (you can still do the epic), preventing you to unlock the Dailies and receive rep for "survivors of wildermore"

    c.) A GM can not, and will not help to complete the quest, they will refer you to submitting a bug.

    please tell your kinsman, /glff, ooc, anything because its very frustrating, and very plausible that they may make the same mistake, take care!


    yup, sounds like what is happening to me. you're right, the gms will NOT help.

  10. #10
    i'm so sorry for those of you experiencing this. it is SO frustrating for things like this to happen. Many thanks for warning the rest of us though. That is much appreciated
    [CENTER][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/042080000000ad028/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

    [SIZE="1"][COLOR="PaleTurquoise"]“Bunny slippers remind me of who I am. You can't get a swelled head if you wear bunny slippers. You can't lose your sense of perspective and start acting like a star or a rich lady if you keep on wearing bunny slippers. Besides, bunny slippers give me confidence because they're so jaunty. They make a statement; they say, 'Nothing the world does to me can ever get me so far down that I can't be silly and frivolous.' If I died and found myself in Hell, I could endure the place if I had bunny slippers.”
    ~Dean Koontz~[/COLOR][/SIZE][/CENTER]

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Riverview, FL
    Posts
    303
    Hi all

    I don't want to derail the thread but I have a question. I've heard several people say that when you finish the epic all you get is a hand full of flowers, is that true?. If it is that will be one of many reasons I won't go there.

    Thanks

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Khallan1706 View Post
    Hi all

    I don't want to derail the thread but I have a question. I've heard several people say that when you finish the epic all you get is a hand full of flowers, is that true?. If it is that will be one of many reasons I won't go there.

    Thanks
    [SPOILER]This isn't part of the epic, though flowers are the reward for the final chapter in that book. There are a couple cosmetic sets available from doing the interlude session plays though. This series is part of a chain about the people of Wildermore, leading up to daily quests for reputation with the Survivors.[/SPOILER]

    It isn't just that this impedes gameplay, all these bugs and the attending frustration completely derails the storyline and wrecks immersion. Overall it was very well done, it's the glaring breaks in the system that that ruin the enjoyment of the experience, destroys trust in the company and drives customers away. I cared about these folks but at this point I'm ready to side with the giant just to get it over with. I'd recommend it, just not at this stage of development. It shouldn't have cleared QC. This is the sort of thing that happens when the CFO doesn't listen to IT. Rush rush rush in the name of making a buck, and that plan always fails in the long run. I know the IG staff really wants to help but their hands are tied. I also know the devs have been working hard and everyone has been courteous about the issues and honestly trying to make it right within the parameters they have to operate. I love the Turbine team, I'm just not so fond of the management. I'd really hate to see LOTRO go the way of the Rankin/Bass films.
    [I][FONT=Verdana]"[B]The wind of heaven is that which blows between a horse's ears.[/B]"[/FONT][/I] [SIZE=1]~ Bedouin Proverb[/SIZE]

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    253
    No idea what I turned first or not, what is sure is I turned in all my quests, now the only thing I have remaining as quest in Wildermore are Warband quests and I can't get any quests anywhere else after Scylfig & Forlaw....&&&...
    [I][B][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/03204010000096a30/signature.png]Veelvraat[/charsig][/B][/I]
    [B][I]Bloodyfury - BA R8[/I][/B]
    [B][I]Kazgaroth - WL R4[/I][/B]

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    127
    If someone could post the order of the quests I would really appreciate it. I have one to turn in to her but it's not this one. The one I have shows up on the quest tracker, but it's not in the log (another bug maybe?). TDaBF is not in my list of completed quests but she is still in the Mead Hall. I wish this stuff would've been in the known issues. IMHO these types of potentially Game Breaking problems are a little more important than cracking a joke about a, while extremely hilarious, 13 year old SNL sketch. Sorry but I'm pretty disappointed and am scared I'll break this area : (

    Any help figuring this out would be awesome!

    Edit: I rolled the dice to try and figure this out for everyone and the order to turn these in is Paralyzed by Grief (irony much?), They Deserve a Better Fate, Preparing for a Siege; and The Next Stage of Grief (portent of doom?)
    Last edited by Steppenwulf; May 17 2013 at 03:58 AM.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    100
    Looks like i must have handed in this quest too late, what ever it was. Although i was doing quests in the order i got them.

    I cant find anything other than the epic to do

    Slightly annoyed i spent tp on this although i like the area in general.

  16. #16
    This is a joke! I just fell into this trap and it's infuriating. Why isn't this on the known issues post? These things continually occurring make the company look like careless amateurs. Really....laughable

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    921
    Quote Originally Posted by haydenfisher3422 View Post
    If you have the quest "They Deserve a Better fate" & are ready to turn it in to Cyneberg in Lornsettle make sure you do so BEFORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you turn in other quests to her because she phases out and moves on…..once that happens, you wont be able to

    a.) turn in the quest

    b.) complete the story line (you can still do the epic), preventing you to unlock the Dailies and receive rep for "survivors of wildermore"

    c.) A GM can not, and will not help to complete the quest, they will refer you to submitting a bug.

    please tell your kinsman, /glff, ooc, anything because its very frustrating, and very plausible that they may make the same mistake, take care!
    Just got on the quest yesterday, thanks alot for the heads up

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    153
    I wonder what mechanism Turbine is using to refund TP to people who purchased this content and now can't play it because of this bug?

    ...Oh, they're not? Well, then.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,495
    Yuck--I'm sorry for all the frustration people are experiencing, but I'm very grateful that everyone is posting this information. I was staying away from the new area this week to allow for the crowds to disperse a little, but I may just avoid it altogether and stick with my lower level alts for the foreseeable future. You'd think they would have learned more from the phasing problems in previous updates.

  20. #20
    I also have this problem. So it appears I will have to wait for hotfix to begin the rep quests for the rep items, on my main. I so wish I had started this on an alt, to test it first ;p

    It may be an idea, not to gate endgame quests behind every individual quest, maybe make it so we complete so many. This way we could choose which quests to complete, but also, would not be 'stuck' if quest was bugged.

    I take it back. :P Its possible to do the dailies even if not completed this quest. Stop the panic guys
    Last edited by Alotlost; May 17 2013 at 10:29 AM.

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Middle Earth
    Posts
    816
    Good to know, I have done a few quest in the new area, not getting any XP but getting rep it seems. And before you should at me I know there has not been a level cap increase. I have not done any quests in Lornsettle yet so I should be able to do them in the right order now.
    Freep Lobengulu:Hunter:(R13)105 Izuru:RK:(R5)105 Masakana:LM:(R4)105 Umdlali:Mini:(R2)73 Inkosi:Champ:53 Ukaputeni:Cappy:(R0)51 Umsizi:Warden:48 Isela:Burg:(R3)150 Umlondolozi:Guard:31 Boscovar:Hobbit Mini 25 Isilwaneesikhulu:Beo 22 Sipho:Mini:20 Dwani RK:17
    Creep Eish:BA:R6 Silentpaw:Warg:R5 Inyanga:Def:R3 Umgomo:Reaver:R2 Mpara:WL:R2 Isicabucabu:Spider:R3

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    1,873
    My situation:

    - Can't turn in the quest "Winter Memories" to Thrymm Red-Beard at his camp. Quest is completed, ring is on the map but I not on the npc.

    - After the patch yesterday: Red Beard is not fixed and still can't turn the quest in.

    - I don't remember what was the order I used to turn in quest in Cyn w/e you spell it (first stable, northwest of Red Beards camp).

    - I don't have any quests in there. I had no idea there were dailies in there. I have no rings. Zero. Nix.

    - After the patch: Thrymm's farm had a quest for me. Yey. That wasn't there before. I proceed to Edsig's farm after summoning my soldier etc. Killed the boss there, killed 6 or 8 mobs, did the 8 barrells, burned tents (3+3+2), collected bowls and meat. Back to Thrymm's farm. Turned in all quests.

    - After turning the quest(s) in, I don't get a follow up quest. I was told Oter is supposed to give me a quest to rebuild a farm or something. Well, I did't get it.

    - Meaning that yesterday's patch gave an extra 6 quests. Yey. Can't tell you how excited I am.

    - Did I mention I can't progress any further?

    - Did I mention everyone in my kin is happy questing and gaining rep in the two new factions and all I can do is just stAre down?

    - Did I mention I have no idea what people are talking in the channels because, well, I have no idea what quest they are talking about?

    - Does the content nowadays even get tested? People were saying there were no problems in BR. So what happened?

    - I'm taking the weekend off and think about alternatives. Two tickets closed. Bug reports submitted. Lifer and open beta tester here. I never took breaks from the game. I don't play other games. I stayed loyal to Lotro and my kinmates in the 3 different kins I was in since April 2007.

    Great job Turbine. You guys really rock. I'd give you all a group hug if we were to meet at a convention or something... Disgraceful folks.
    Ricardofurriel 105 Champion Edved 105 Captain Roovery 105 Minstrel Galathriell 105 Lore-Master EddieVedder 105 Rune-Keeper

  23. #23
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Middle-earth
    Posts
    1,839
    Thanks for the heads up. I'll know what to look out for. This does make me glad I'm taking my time and going through Wildermore sloooowly.

    Be sure to file those /bug reports while we await the next hotfix I guess.

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,538
    Quote Originally Posted by Whart View Post
    Yuck--I'm sorry for all the frustration people are experiencing, but I'm very grateful that everyone is posting this information. I was staying away from the new area this week to allow for the crowds to disperse a little, but I may just avoid it altogether and stick with my lower level alts for the foreseeable future. You'd think they would have learned more from the phasing problems in previous updates.
    Same here. I haven't bought the quest pack yet and I'll wait till it's in better shape before I do.

    I just got my scholar to 85, now I think I'll focus on leveling my woodworker.

    Thanks to the thread starter and everyone else for posting this information. I hope it gets sorted out soon.
    “All that is gold does not glitter,
    Not all those who wander are lost;
    The old that is strong does not wither,
    Deep roots are not reached by the frost."

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    221
    Cheers for the heads up! I haven't got to this part yet but have warned kinnies about it so hopefully they don't experience this.
    Blaize, Ellorien, Melica, Rhedyn, Finriel, Aerynna, Merywen, Faelarth, and Tathriel, wandering the shores of Middle Earth.

 

 
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload