We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

You're About to Lose a Customer

So, I started the Wildemore epic quest line on day one as many did. All was good until Tuesday when my epic questline just up and disappeared after speaking to someone in Forlaw. I didn't panic, I thought, "wait for the fix." Today, I log on and still no epic. I send a ticket, the incredibly helpful /sarcasm off GM closes my ticket. He suggests I bug it (like that ever helps) I call CS, no help.

Since when can't a GM reset a quest that isn't specifically bugged for non-reset? I love this game, but I'm about to delete it from my HD if someone can't do something and soon.

Do you know the last chapter you completed? If you pull up your quest log and click "Show completed quests" (warning your game will lock up for about a minute) then look for Volume III, Book 10, what's the last chapter completed?

they will even loss me because i am stuck with the same problem wiht Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 x86 and before the update i had the same but it wasn't so that i can't play the game so thanks Turbin i will give it to next week Sunday or i need to turn my back at lotro and i don't like that i hope in the future it will be fixed so

Turbine should implement +1 patience virtue for every person who doesn't flip their &&&& every time they have to wait for a bug to be fixed and remove all other ways to get it ingame.

Quote Originally Posted by Zanaspus View Post
    So, I started the Wildemore epic quest line on day one as many did. All was good until Tuesday when my epic questline just up and disappeared after speaking to someone in Forlaw. I didn't panic, I thought, "wait for the fix." Today, I log on and still no epic. I send a ticket, the incredibly helpful /sarcasm off GM closes my ticket. He suggests I bug it (like that ever helps) I call CS, no help.

Since when can't a GM reset a quest that isn't specifically bugged for non-reset? I love this game, but I'm about to delete it from my HD if someone can't do something and soon.
    At least you are in-game. QT corrupted a file for me and I have to re-install the entire game. I have never posted a negative comment regarding down times or changes but, at this point, I am frustrated with the system. I love the game and have enjoyed playing LOTRO for some time but it seems like I am working too hard to relax Oh well, I will go fishing and wait for re-install. I know I won't be leaving the game, I enjoy it too much! Cheers to LOTRO die-hards!!

"Your're about to lose a customer"

Sounds like one of those billboards: "Smoking just killed another person in the time it took you to read this."

Are you sure it is missing? If you have a bunch of incomete epics, book 10 is showing up above the other books, at least before book 4 of volume 3. It took me about 10 minutes to find it yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by Exion_Blade View Post
    Turbine should implement +1 patience virtue for every person who doesn't flip their &&&& every time they have to wait for a bug to be fixed and remove all other ways to get it ingame.
    Turbine should refund the monies paid by customers who are not getting what they are paying for, but they won't because they have no ethics or morals. As shown by numerous past occurences!

Exact same issue for me.

I was happily doing the epic quest along with some other side quests when suddenly I just ran out of quests. Volume III book 10 quests are no longer showing in my log at all as either completed or incompleted (you can use the selection icons at the top of the panel to exclude all but epic quests to be certain).

I'm not sure what the last thing I did was before this happened but I do know I was in or around Forlaw at the time.

It's very frustrating as I now have nothing to do after looking forward to this area for so long now. All I can do is go back to Hytbold and do some crafting instances, again.
    [center][url=http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?18699-How-to-get-help-on-the-Tech-Forums-and-how-to-contact-Turbine][color=gold]How to get help on the Tech Forums and how to contact Turbine[/color][/url]

[color=green]Please reply to the topic or PM me if a solution I posted works for you: The more data I can gather the better I can help.[/color][/center]

Quote Originally Posted by podgie_bear View Post
    Turbine should refund the monies paid by customers who are not getting what they are paying for, but they won't because they have no ethics or morals. As shown by numerous past occurrences!
    I don't argue you have a point in theory. However to flip out so quickly is just unnecessary. Tell them whats wrong and give them a chance to fix it.

However to flip out so quickly is just unnecessary. Tell them whats wrong and give them a chance to fix it.
    1) "The straw and the Camel"

2) "Your head and some Sand".

And +1 Zeal for those defending this sort of thing .. I'll let you figure out why if it isn't obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by Zanaspus View Post

By any chance were you speaking with the guy in the mead hall as your last quest? I think it's in the epic that you pick up the next quest outside the mead hall, with no direction that say "talk to Horn outside" or what ever. At least I know they did for a couple non-epic quests. Open the Forlaw map and look for any quest rings.

Other than that, yes, it would be helpful to know the last chapter that you completed.

Quote Originally Posted by WBS View Post
    Exact same issue for me.

I was happily doing the epic quest along with some other side quests when suddenly I just ran out of quests. Volume III book 10 quests are no longer showing in my log at all as either completed or incompleted (you can use the selection icons at the top of the panel to exclude all but epic quests to be certain).

I'm not sure what the last thing I did was before this happened but I do know I was in or around Forlaw at the time.

It's very frustrating as I now have nothing to do after looking forward to this area for so long now. All I can do is go back to Hytbold and do some crafting instances, again.
    For those asking, this is precisely what happened to me. I'd love to supply you with exact chapter, book, etc., but they are gone from my completed quest log. As for memory; You'll be old someday too.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerin_Eldar View Post
    And +1 Zeal for those defending this sort of thing .. I'll let you figure out why if it isn't obvious.
    Eh, it's a bug. Every software product with this sort of complexity is going to have bugs, some more annoying than others. Some, like this one, are entirely within Turbine's control and are likely to be fixed in an upcoming patch. Others are in 3rd party libraries, and are vastly more difficult to get fixed... some of those never will be.

When SWG launched, someone went to the trouble of counting up all the quests which simply could not be completed due to bugs. Overall, it ran around 20%, with Naboo in particular soaring all the way to 50%. I don't like content defects in LOTRO, but there are usually just a handful to deal with. Not dozens, or hundreds.

Khafar

Quote Originally Posted by Khafar View Post
    I don't like content defects in LOTRO, but there are usually just a handful to deal with. Not dozens, or hundreds.
    Numbers don't matter and aren't the issue, criticality and the fact they escaped testing is: insufficient QA (this one) or lack of desire to fix bugs found by QA (eg. the launcher bug), either way defending it or compliantly accepting it doesn't get the situation improved.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerin_Eldar View Post
    the fact they escaped testing is
    Some are always going to escape testing, either because they had a hard shipping deadline to meet or because their testing fell into a familiar pattern (for the tester), missing a use case. Both happen routinely - despite the fact that I've been doing development for 30+ years now, I'm hardly immune to errors, in design, implementation, or testing. They aren't either.

defending it or compliantly accepting it doesn't get the situation improved.
    Throwing a blue-faced conniption about it doesn't really help either. In my experience, these sorts of things will get fixed, but that will probably happen in the first patch (where it can actually get reasonable testing done before it gets hurried out into the hands of customers). Hotfixes are by definition not going to see much testing, so what goes into them needs to be either zero risk - or else be fixes for defects which are utterly game-breaking for some customers (e.g. cannot log in). Despite how annoying a content blockage is, it isn't game-breaking. You can still do the other 99% of things the game has to offer, and will be able to progress on the content you're missing once a fix arrives.

Khafar

Quote Originally Posted by Khafar
    I don't like content defects in LOTRO, but there are usually just a handful to deal with. Not dozens, or hundreds.
    After the patch I was able to do six quests. Then no way to progress. In this content update I did a grand total of 20 quests tops. I'm stuck and unable to progress. GMs can't help me, instead they told me to /bug it (which I did).

It's not how many defects are in Lotro. I can live with the chests at SG not being as shiny as they were supposed to be pre-u-11. I can live with the task board in Snowbourne being in front of the mailbox. Even a misspelled name. I can live with it.

It's not the quantity of defects. It's the quality of defects. In that regard, Wildermore is proving to have HIGH quality.

Quote Originally Posted by RicardoFurriel View Post
    It's not the quantity of defects.
    I understand, although in SWG's case a number of those quests people could not complete were indeed due to chained content blockages.

Wildermore is proving to have HIGH quality.
    That didn't quite come out as you intended . My bet is the first real patch arrives in a week, maybe two, and this will then be fixed. You probably remember the Pit of Iron when it first came out. Ouch. After an initial unpleasant experience, I avoided it for several weeks, doing other stuff in the game... often on characters which weren't ready for that. Then, when it was (mostly) fixed, I took my two characters that level through there and enjoyed it. I'll be doing the same here.

None of this is to say that I think it's OK to release new content with fairly obvious bugs in it. My point is that I'm only in control of how I react to it when that happens, and because I want to enjoy my leisure time and not be frustrated by it, I'll wait until I can enjoy it - and then do so. That's the same reason I often record TV shows and watch them later. Sometimes weeks later. I can skip commercials, and watch the shows at a time when I won't be interrupted.

Khafar

When SWG launched, someone went to the trouble of counting up all the quests which simply could not be completed due to bugs. Overall, it ran around 20%, with Naboo in particular soaring all the way to 50%. I don't like content defects in LOTRO, but there are usually just a handful to deal with. Not dozens, or hundreds.

Khafar
    That's quite bad considering at launch SWG didn't have any quests, when it released there were mission terminals only to start with.

Then they added 4 theme parks with a handful of quests each and the famous GM run cries of alderaan quest and the corvettes, oh and of course the hidden jedi unlock quests. They didn't really add proper quest lines in until much later when they added the legacy and then RoTW followed by musty.

Hah! I remember when pit of iron was bugged and actually had fun trying to do dailies in there while falling through the floor - but then I'm just weird like that. Pit of iron though was just a very small part of that expansion and didn't lock people out of almost the entire thing.

This current update seems to have way more bugs than previous ones - I'm finding a ton of silly little things and a bunch of major things as well. It's just poor quality all round and should never have been released like this. And to top it off, most of the time when I actually try to file a bug report, it takes forever for the form to load and I just give up. I'm not going to sit there and wait 5 minutes for each page to load while orcs are pounding on my head. Not sure if the bug report form is also uh, bugged, or if there are just so many people filing reports the darn thing is overwhelmed.

The OP may sound a bit extreme but a few posts up someone mentioned straw and sand. That about says it.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowPet View Post
    Hah! I remember when pit of iron was bugged and actually had fun trying to do dailies in there while falling through the floor - but then I'm just weird like that. Pit of iron though was just a very small part of that expansion and didn't lock people out of almost the entire thing.

This current update seems to have way more bugs than previous ones - I'm finding a ton of silly little things and a bunch of major things as well. It's just poor quality all round and should never have been released like this. And to top it off, most of the time when I actually try to file a bug report, it takes forever for the form to load and I just give up. I'm not going to sit there and wait 5 minutes for each page to load while orcs are pounding on my head. Not sure if the bug report form is also uh, bugged, or if there are just so many people filing reports the darn thing is overwhelmed.

The OP may sound a bit extreme but a few posts up someone mentioned straw and sand. That about says it.
    /bug page is almost instant load for me

Quote Originally Posted by Edrogar View Post
    /bug page is almost instant load for me
    Hmmm I just tried it and it does seem a bit faster this morning. Not instant, but not a 5 minute load time either. Maybe it really is a volume thing then.

Guess I'll file one of the bugs I've been saving, while it's not an exercise in frustration.

And speaking of frustration, of course I got logged out of the forum AGAIN while trying to reply to this thread. Mutter ....

I understand, although in SWG's case a number of those quests people could not complete were indeed due to chained content blockages.
    Well, that's exactly what's happening here. I can't progress because all the chains seem to be intertwined.
    Again, I have no rings anywhere in Wildmore and the only answers I got from GMs here 1- /bug it and 2- ask in /advice for help. Real pro.

You probably remember the Pit of Iron when it first came out. Ouch. After an initial unpleasant experience, I avoided it for several weeks
    I remember the Pit of Iron. It had invisible walls and you would fall if you didn't know. If you were persistent and a little patient, all you needed to do after retreating was go back and jump on that spot where the invisible wall was. And complete the quest. Meaning, there was a solution for the problem. Tedious yes. Boring yes. But there was one. In my case there isn't. The only thing I can do is run alts. Which I'm not interested at all. I would like to start gaining rep in the two new factions just like everyone else. According to reports, it takes a little over 3 weeks to get to kindred (my goal). If there's no fix in the meantime, what am I supposed to do? Do it when HD comes out when the level cap goes up and things become, well, useless?

None of this is to say that I think it's OK to release new content with fairly obvious bugs in it. My point is that I'm only in control of how I react to it when that happens, and because I want to enjoy my leisure time and not be frustrated by it, I'll wait until I can enjoy it - and then do so. That's the same reason I often record TV shows and watch them later. Sometimes weeks later. I can skip commercials, and watch the shows at a time when I won't be interrupted.

Khafar
    Look, I respect and your opinion. There's the boys' code, the girls', the developers' code. You're a developer like the ones working for Turbine on LOTRO and it's your "job" to protect them. But being their fault or not, I'm sure they work hard, I'm sure they don't have enough time/money to do everything they would like to do. I get all of that. But the product presented by Turbine is sub-par. It wasn't tested enough. It shows signs of amateurism. I can't defend that when costumers are paying for access to a game. When people at Turbine are being paid to present a product that's functional. Update 11 is not functional. It's not a good product. And be that fault of developers, suits or both is sort of irrelevant. They all represent the company, for the good and the bad. And this product is bad.