We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Launcher doesnt start, the opening process just loops over and over again

Hi, I've been having this particular issue for a couple of hours now. I think that the problem started when I opened the launcher, everything was normal, there was an update so it tried to download it, then it froze, and I killed the process. When I tried to open the launcher again, it didnt work, the only thing that happens is that the "opening process" of the application (I don't know if this is the proper term) simply loops in an opening and closing cycle (a black box appears, I believe it is the system symbol window and keep flashing from all the opening and closing) , and it basically prevents me from using my computer any further because it doesnt let me click any other window, forcing me to restart. I would appreciate absolutely any help, since I can't find one single person with the same problem. Thanks.
    Last edited by CarlosGodOfTaco; May 16 2013 at 01:15 AM.

Similar problem seen - Launcher doesnt start, the opening process just loops over an

While attempting to troubleshoot an entirely different problem I attempted LOTRO on other computers. And just now attempted on a Windows 7 box and seeing the exact same thing you are on that box. Launcher opened, hung before it even got started patching. Upon killing the process and attempting a restart now it just flashes the window (as if it is opening and closing many times pers second). The only way to do anything is to reboot the PC to be able to even use the PC. But, attempting to launch LOTRO again on that machine results in the same thing.

YES!! that is the exact same thing thats happening to me, have you found a way around it or something?

UGH Turbine stop releasing updates till you get it right

I am ready to quit this game. Love my toons, love my friends but twice ina roll Turbine has released something that just is junk. Makes me want to walk away...but then I think of the amazing places I have visited and the dreams of Sauron, I have destroyed along my journey and I know I will do almost anything to get back. Talk about love hate relationships. COME ON TURBINE GET IT RIGHT AND MAKE THIS SEAMLESS!
    By the way anyone know how to get to actual customer support instead of a faq?

Quote Originally Posted by AarenC View Post
    By the way anyone know how to get to actual customer support instead of a faq?
    I've only done it once, but this is how you get to it...

Look up at the tabs Home, Guides, Store, etc. and you'll see the one for Support (I'm not being smart. There's more to it.). Click on that. You'll come to a screen that has Support on it. Above the word Support are more tags one of which says Online Support. Click that. That will send you to the FAQ page (I know. But I'm not done). Above the initials FAQ is a link for Support Center. Click that. Look down under the link for FAQ and you'll see another for Submit(ing) a Ticket. You're on your own after that cuz I think I tried to put one in before but I don't remember. All I know is that every time after the ingame MOTD is a message with an error saying something about not being able to do something with my submitted ticket. Coulda been that when I came back my toon was stuck in the wall that didn't use to be there somewhere in Prancing Pony.

Oh while we're on the subject of the launcher. My launcher keeps sending me to the wrong server: Withywindle. I don't have any toons on that server, but even though I check the Firefoot preset, it still sends me to Withywindle. Then when I exit out (cuz you can't just back up and pick another server, you have to come Alllll the way back out and start over, but don't try to make that better. Games tend to only mess something else up when they try to improve something else...ugh babbling. sorry.) it sets the preset to Withywindle. I'm not sure if that's cuz I had to redownload the game cuz the launcher stopped working period, but it's not once but every time I log in now.
    Shilalah 36 Min/App Wood/Expert Weapons/Master Prosp
    Qaela 31 Hunt/Expert Metal/Artisan Tail/Artisan Prosp
    Taezya 24 Capt/Artisan Wood/Master Forest/Westfold Farmer

Unhappy

I just deleted the game, maybe I'll try to download it again some other day, and see if it fixes itself (if I ever get to it) its sad that I couldn't really get into the game mainly because of launcher problems (yeah, not even the game itself, pretty sad) Oh well I was level 10 so yeah who cares.