We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Wildermore...am I missing quests?

OK I'm really liking Wildermore but I think I must be missing some key quest hub because I have almost no quests in specific areas that I've recieved deeds for, i.e. Balewood and High Knolls

I understand if they just haven't fully released all of the content, but in case that isn't what is going on, I'd love to know what others have found. I've also read about a few quests in the forums that I haven't come across yet, i.e. 'The Final Stand' (is that Epic quest line?? I have completed Vol 15 Book 10 The Bloom which I thought was the end) and 'Rescue in Cuthbald's Farm which I know is now locked but should we still be able to reach it?

There are 4 quest deeds (Balewood, Fallows, High Knolls and Whitshaws) so far.

Here's what I got so far in my quest tracker that are completed;

Epic Quest - completed Vol 3 Book 10 Chapter 15 'The Bloom'

Wildermore - completed 'Introduction'

Wildermore Balewood - no quests/instances, just the warband 'Varg'

Wildermore Fallows - 10 quests/instances plus 2 warbands

Wildermore High Knolls - 1 quest (Hungry for Prey) and 1 warband

Wildermore Whitshaws - 6 quests/instances and 1 warband

Wildermore Writhendowns - 29 quests/instances and 3 warbands

Sound about right or an I missing something entirely....

Thanks
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0e2150000000b7563/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

As you mentioned, the quest 'Rescue in Cuthbald's farm' is currently disabled, and it is this quest that prevents the completion of the remaining 2/3 of Wildermore quests. Without the ability to complete this quest, the chain cannot be continued. However, on a good side, this quest should be fixed in the hotfix tomorrow.
    [center]Superior Grand Master Spectator of Wall-Paint Drying[/center]

The problem is that The Rescue at Cuthbald's Farm breaks the entire chest chain. Because of the way Turbine tied the whole quest chain together for the Wildermore, you cannot simply move on to the next town and start again there. If you can't complete the Fallows, you can't do anything other than a few side quests in any other region either. It strikes me as... a little short-sighted to have planned an entire region that way, if I phrase it diplomatically.

Hi, how many chapters are there in the latest book for U11?
    Beautifulheart Level 85 champ (main), Alts: 85 R7 Burg 85 R5 Warden 85 LM 85 RK 75 Mini 75 Guard 85 Cappy 85 Hunter R9 Stalker R7 Defiler

MadeOfLions is offline The Lord of the Rings Online Team
    Turbine, Inc.
    Quote Originally Posted by weiminc38 View Post
    Hi, how many chapters are there in the latest book for U11?
    The latest Epic Book is Volume III, Book 10: Snows of Wildermore, and it consists of fifteen chapters.

MoL

OK thanks, I should have realized that the Cuthbald quest might have halted things but I didn't realize it would be this extreme. Might be a good idea for them to plan quest lines differently in the future or simply get the fix in quicker (we hope).

Thanks so much for the replies.

Oh and from what I have read, there are 15 chapters added for the epic quest line. I'm not 100% sure but the last one I did seemed to end as it would be expected.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0e2150000000b7563/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by MadeOfLions View Post
    The latest Epic Book is Volume III, Book 10: Snows of Wildermore, and it consists of fifteen chapters.

MoL
    I have played the epic quest until the unlocking of the cinematic which shows the Ents marching but does not receive a follow up quest. Does anyone know where can I proceed to get the follow-up quest?
    Beautifulheart Level 85 champ (main), Alts: 85 R7 Burg 85 R5 Warden 85 LM 85 RK 75 Mini 75 Guard 85 Cappy 85 Hunter R9 Stalker R7 Defiler

Quote Originally Posted by MadeOfLions View Post

MoL
    Also a 7 interlude long sequence, which not to be missed! =)
    Crell-L85-Champion - Riddermark ; Swego-L85-Burglar ; Kotvi-L95-Runekeeper
    Delego-L85 Hunter ; Stodden-L51-Captain ; Edhul-L61-Loremaster
    Deglorion - SoA XP Disabler

MadeOfLions is offline The Lord of the Rings Online Team
    Turbine, Inc.
    I have played the epic quest until the unlocking of the cinematic which shows the Ents marching but does not receive a follow up quest. Does anyone know where can I proceed to get the follow-up quest?
    Nope, that's the end of Epic Book 10. Since it tells a parallel story with the Wildermore region, the rest of the story is told via landscape quests. I'm not sure where you'll be able to pick up those.

MoL

This is a part of the final quest. After the cinematic, you should have a couple more NPC dialogues, and then recieve 3 flowers to finish the available CHAPTER quests.
    Crell-L85-Champion - Riddermark ; Swego-L85-Burglar ; Kotvi-L95-Runekeeper
    Delego-L85 Hunter ; Stodden-L51-Captain ; Edhul-L61-Loremaster
    Deglorion - SoA XP Disabler

The book ending video was very studdery (making up words). I had to skip it because it was unwatchable. I tried playing it from the character select screen but the problem remained. It's like the video is freezing every other frame. Just me or known issue?
    [COLOR=#ff0000][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=red]Sarik - Warleader [/COLOR][COLOR=#339966][COLOR=SeaGreen]//[/COLOR] [/COLOR][COLOR=#3366ff]Jacin - Champion [COLOR=SeaGreen]//[/COLOR] [COLOR=Green]Aiden - Minstrel[/COLOR][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]
    [/COLOR]
    [/COLOR]

By the way, is this bug with Cuthbald's Farm preventing gaining some kind of vector quest from Thrymm's farm as well? Because I have finished Thrymm's farm, and I assume my next step would be Cuthbald's but no one at Thrymm's gave me a new quest after I finished helping those three NPC's there. So I have now no quests, apart from Epic quest.

I guess I could find more by exploring but I want to do things in right order If this is because of current bug at Cuthbald's, I can wait until hotfix (plenty of other things to do in RL anyway and re-traiting my characters for war-steeds take time as well )

EDIT: I just found out that according to hotfix patch notes there's apparently some "unexpected behaviour" happening with Thrymm's farm so I guess that's my problem, AND the hotfix is coming today already and servers should be back up when I return home from work, so that's a good thing!
    Last edited by Gilean-EU; May 16 2013 at 03:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Crell_1 View Post
    This is a part of the final quest. After the cinematic, you should have a couple more NPC dialogues, and then recieve 3 flowers to finish the available CHAPTER quests.
    Is it just three flowers? Coincidentally, those are three flowers from the discovery deed and the only three I've found so far. Does that mean if I find the last three, those will also be available as rewards?

Quote Originally Posted by Ardineck View Post
    Is it just three flowers? Coincidentally, those are three flowers from the discovery deed and the only three I've found so far. Does that mean if I find the last three, those will also be available as rewards?
    The flower discovery deed does not affect the end quest reward for the epic.

You will always get those 3 flowers on completion, nothing else can change that.
    [center]Superior Grand Master Spectator of Wall-Paint Drying[/center]

Quote Originally Posted by zalladi View Post
    The flower discovery deed does not affect the end quest reward for the epic.

You will always get those 3 flowers on completion, nothing else can change that.
    I'm glad to hear that. I was worried that I prevented myself from enjoying additional "cosmetic" rewards. If I had any other combination of discovered flowers when accepting and completing the quest, I'd have thought nothing of it.