We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Godmode Weavers

Quote Originally Posted by Tyene View Post
    I... don't actually play a Weaver and am not familiar enough to comment on their OPness either way. Just trying to have fun in what I thought was a fun thread. Hence, the thumbs! ^_^
    Don't let him get to you. Humor is often an under-utilized weapon against trolls, though not always appreciated by the masses.

*passes over a fresh baked Wargie Snack(tm)*
    Hobbits . . .
    Now them's good eatin'!

Remove Reflect from the game

Does a godmode class REALLY need a 100% damage reflect shield?

Imagine this scenario

After a late night of ale and pipeweed....

Dev 1 : LOL the spider is so OP...What else could we add ?
    Dev 2 : LOL a shield that REFLECTS 100% of the damage !
    Dev 1: LOL that will never be approved by the team !
    Dev 2: LOL just do it !

Later that week....

Email to Dev 1
    From Dev Team

SPIDER WAS APPROVED

Dev 1: W T F ?????????????

Last edited by PureWorgNakh; May 19 2013 at 03:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PureWorgNakh View Post
    Remove Reflect from the game

Does a godmode class REALLY need a 100% damage reflect shield?

Imagine this scenario

After a late night of ale and pipeweed....

Dev 1 : LOL the spider is so OP...What else could we add ?
    Dev 2 : LOL a shield that REFLECTS 100% of the damage !
    Dev 1: LOL that will never be approved by the team !
    Dev 2: LOL just do it !

Later that week....

Email to Dev 1
    From Dev Team

SPIDER WAS APPROVED

Dev 1: W T F ?????????????

yeah... good thing no freep classes can reflect thousands of damage.. oh wait... warden.. champ.. (which clearly are not godmode classes) it's not 100% but it amounts to the same thing, I vote remove all reflects!
    R8 RK, R8 champ, R7 burg, R8 warden. R13 warg, R10 spider, R9 reaver, R8 Warleader R6 BA

Quote Originally Posted by firehandsjr View Post
    I vote remove all reflects!
    Amen...

but it amounts to the same thing
    I just want to cry.

lmao oh my god. I actually expected a serious topic. Haha.. wow.

Quote Originally Posted by PureWorgNakh View Post
    Something needs to be done about the godmode status of ranked Weavers in Ettenmoors. As a Guardian I have basically zero chance of defeating a half-skilled player with a ranked (or Store) Spider.

-Fear Spam :CDs need to be increased or eliminate one of the Fears
    -Heal Spam : How many 7k+ heals should Spiders have?

Now I realize ranged and tactical classes can defeat spiders and Burgs can CC them but as a Guardian I have extremely limited CC (2-3 stun, must crit) and have to fight in melee range of course.

Either nerf Weavers OR give Guardians more CC
    [I]In the sea without lees standeth the Bird of Hermes.
    [/I][I]When all his feathers be from him gone, He standeth still here as a stone.
    Here is now both white and red, And all so the stone to quicken the dead[/I][I].
    The Bird of Hermes is my name, Eating my wings to make me tame.[/I]

Quote Originally Posted by Graycient View Post
    lmao oh my god. I actually expected a serious topic. Haha.. wow.
    Can't be worse than the petition for the new tree topic.

In other news, I think we all agree that weavers should go back to the punching bag lifestyle they had pre U6, right? :P

::: ::: ~ Arrostorm
    ::: Commander Vilemaw Sad, Watcher ::: - Get it? ---- ::: Master Guardian Ceburia 'the Banned' ::: ---- Snowbourn[EU]

Quote Originally Posted by Tolgaring View Post

In other news, I think we all agree that weavers should go back to the punching bag lifestyle they had pre U6, right? :P
    I can still remember book 13 SoA.... *shudder*

We had our own pinned thread in this forum for like two years after that debacle ;p

Even my Signature is trolling!

Quote Originally Posted by Tolgaring View Post

But it was so fun :P

I actually wouldn't mind going back to more of a U6-state though. Imo it was the most balanced that spiders have been (ofc with all the changes since then to everything in the moors, I have no idea how much would have to be changed to still be balanced present day...).
    The Fungus-Infested-Tumor-Ridden-Royal-Spiderwarg has come online.
    First r12 Spiderwarg. - Veenom

Quote Originally Posted by Skii View Post
    But it was so fun :P

I actually wouldn't mind going back to more of a U6-state though. Imo it was the most balanced that spiders have been (ofc with all the changes since then to everything in the moors, I have no idea how much would have to be changed to still be balanced present day...).
    Book 14 SOA spider is still the gold standard.

Though too much has changed for us to ever be that class again... even little things like the removal of hounding fear (which really made our triple hatchlings meh in general), and the changes to other ancillary mechanics really changed how things have worked since then.

Late mirkwood and Late moria were both great spider books as well. Personally, I hated it when they changed venomous haze (I could understand a fix for wardens, but it was not at all unfair against burglars).

U6 was pretty good as far as spiders go; any book that slows down combat is good for us. We have always excelled in time periods where we can drag out fights. This isn't by chance, growing stronger/your opponent growing weaker as the fight continues has always been one of the design ideas of the spider class.

yeah... good thing no freep classes can reflect thousands of damage.. oh wait... warden.. champ.. (which clearly are not godmode classes) it's not 100% but it amounts to the same thing, I vote remove all reflects!
    thousands upon thousands, 61 damage per reflect at a time
    plz fix
    "death is nothing to us, for when we are.. death has not come. And when death has finally come, we are not"
    R7 Spider/R11 Reaver - R13/R11 Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Isindar View Post
    plz fix
    This is ironic given some of your previous discussions as to how much damage blood of fire/born of shadow has done to you in single fights over the duration... from back when it was 35 damage per reflect.

Weavers are not OP.
    [highlight][color=black][size=2][B](•_•) Out numbered? Out gunned?
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    (⌐■_■) Challenge Accepted[/B][/size][/color][/highlight]

plz fix
    it does add up to thousands upon thousands. depending on what class your fighting don't believe me? [IMG][/IMG] 6000 in a minute and a half just from reflect :P
    R8 RK, R8 champ, R7 burg, R8 warden. R13 warg, R10 spider, R9 reaver, R8 Warleader R6 BA

it does add up to thousands upon thousands. depending on what class your fighting don't believe me? [IMG][/IMG] 6000 in a minute and a half just from reflect :P
    Few things:

Though not ideal it's much more feasible to apply dots and kite as opposed to sitting in melee letting your aa's do more harm than good. Incidentally for that much reflect to occur and the fight to last that long I assume it was either a really low dps champion or that he was in glory (the latter sort of being more of the case in which the reflect is even traited)

I'd consider BoF more of a threat then exchange of blows, given the often 20k+ morale (not including defilers who can more often than not have you dealing much more damage) but even then neither I would consider be worth mentioning considering the DPS of the current ettens.
    "death is nothing to us, for when we are.. death has not come. And when death has finally come, we are not"

Few things:

Though not ideal it's much more feasible to apply dots and kite as opposed to sitting in melee letting your aa's do more harm than good. Incidentally for that much reflect to occur and the fight to last that long I assume it was either a really low dps champion or that he was in glory (the latter sort of being more of the case in which the reflect is even traited)

I'd consider BoF more of a threat then exchange of blows, given the often 20k+ morale (not including defilers who can more often than not have you dealing much more damage) but even then neither I would consider be worth mentioning considering the DPS of the current ettens.
    You are correct he is a glory champ who had over 16k morale and no problems using all his nifty heals and such. I knew I stood little chance of beating him but I had to try a couple times just because he was there. (bleed and kite couldn't do NEARLY enough damage to kill him or even lower his morale) (that being said quite a few champs I have seen trait reflect in fervour cuz they know the large amount of damage it can deal over time)

I would disagree about BoF. while the damage from it is not much lower if you think about it, no freep dps class (exception of burg, and to some extent DW champ) has that fast of auto attacks so they take less damage normally then say a reaver or warg simply because they hit the reaver or defiler less times. But yes. with dps levels as high as they are at present usually reflect is minor. My point was simply no reflects are all that bad.. but if your gonna complain about 1 might as well hit all of them

You are correct he is a glory champ who had over 16k morale and no problems using all his nifty heals and such. I knew I stood little chance of beating him but I had to try a couple times just because he was there. (bleed and kite couldn't do NEARLY enough damage to kill him or even lower his morale) (that being said quite a few champs I have seen trait reflect in fervour cuz they know the large amount of damage it can deal over time)

I would disagree about BoF. while the damage from it is not much lower if you think about it, no freep dps class (exception of burg, and to some extent DW champ) has that fast of auto attacks so they take less damage normally then say a reaver or warg simply because they hit the reaver or defiler less times. But yes. with dps levels as high as they are at present usually reflect is minor. My point was simply no reflects are all that bad.. but if your gonna complain about 1 might as well hit all of them
    this is true.

with regards to the spider reflect it seems a little excessive so far as skills go but it's not unlike turbine to be heavy handed. it might be the only really useful skill spiders have in raid combat but the potential is just ridiculous given all of their other plethora of skills.

there really doesn't seem to be a middle ground for reflect damage

this is true.

with regards to the spider reflect it seems a little excessive so far as skills go but it's not unlike turbine to be heavy handed. it might be the only really useful skill spiders have in raid combat but the potential is just ridiculous given all of their other plethora of skills.

there really doesn't seem to be a middle ground for reflect damage
    Reflect is just one of those skills that only makes sense when you are talking about group vs group combat.

It's entirely silly vs most classes in a 1v1 situation, clearly.

Quote Originally Posted by Sezneg View Post
    Reflect is just one of those skills that only makes sense when you are talking about group vs group combat.

It's entirely silly vs most classes in a 1v1 situation, clearly.
    And it's not like freepside has skills that are just silly in 1v1 situations, right? RIGHT?
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■

Nerf Bat inbound

A weaver nerf cannot be far away. They just dont die quickly enough to provide any Freep-side PvP pleasure in the Moors. By all means rejoice that they are better than the pixel-milch, renown fountains of pre-U10 but do we really need a class skill (burrow) that allows a PvP player to go off and make coffee or mow the lawn?

I want that skin.

Xalfang R10 warg, Xalweb R8 Spidey, Xalgnakah R8 Defiler/Bruzrat's pocket-healer, Euanggelion R8 Warden.

Quote Originally Posted by Ventata47 View Post
    A weaver nerf cannot be far away. They just dont die quickly enough to provide any Freep-side PvP pleasure in the Moors. By all means rejoice that they are better than the pixel-milch, renown fountains of pre-U10 but do we really need a class skill (burrow) that allows a PvP player to go off and make coffee or mow the lawn?
    That would make no sense. Weaver is strong against non ranged, non tactical classes. How many classes are tactical? 3. How many classes are ranged or ranged capable? 2. That leaves 4 non-tactical, non range capable classes. Of those 4 how many have good or strong escape skills when caught in a non prearranged 1v1 with a weaver? 1 can go invisible in combat and get away, barring the pet bug ofc. 1 can be immune to all slows and gets +25% runspeed for as much as 45s. This leaves 2 other classes who can have difficulty when faced down by a weaver, 2 out of 9. It is these two classes i hear the most complaints about the weaver class from. the other 7 classes? They just ask where the weaver is so they can get their easy reknown.

So there is no logical reason to nerf a class for performing well against a class it was DESIGNED TO PERFORM WELL AGAINST.

Rock(OP): Nerf paper(weavers), paper(weaver) is over powered.
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■

Quote Originally Posted by Exion_Blade View Post
    That would make no sense. Weaver is strong against non ranged, non tactical classes. How many classes are tactical? 3. How many classes are ranged or ranged capable? 2. That leaves 4 non-tactical, non range capable classes. Of those 4 how many have good or strong escape skills when caught in a non prearranged 1v1 with a weaver? 1 can go invisible in combat and get away, barring the pet bug ofc. 1 can be immune to all slows and gets +25% runspeed for as much as 45s. This leaves 2 other classes who can have difficulty when faced down by a weaver, 2 out of 9. It is these two classes i hear the most complaints about the weaver class from. the other 7 classes? They just ask where the weaver is so they can get their easy reknown.

So there is no logical reason to nerf a class for performing well against a class it was DESIGNED TO PERFORM WELL AGAINST.

Rock(OP): Nerf paper(weavers), paper(weaver) is over powered.
    What is this rubbish.

Yes, that is a statement.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast