We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

After this new patch, someone have your char missing?

I have some chars in Dwarrowfeld, I have some problems to enter in this game but with help that I found in this forum I sollow some advices and fix my problem. However, when I enter in this game all my chars gone. Someone has some advice?

Note: I already report this bug.

Thanks for any advice.

Might be worth checking you did actually get taken to right server as since update if you don't select one quick enough you get taken to another one
    Shadowmike (HNT) - Shadowburg (Burg) - Shadowheal (Min) - Shadowlore (L/M)- Shadowmaul (CH) - Shadowgard (Gard)- Shadowcap (Cap) - Shadowheals (Min) - Shadowrune (R/K) - Shadowward (Ward) - Shadowshreave (HNT)

Make sure you are not joining Withywindle by mistake, if you change account names then if the auto join option is ticked it will fail and join the top most server in the list, Whiteywindle in atm

Sapience is offline Former Community Manager & Harbinger of Soon
    Quote Originally Posted by Galmarth View Post
    I have some chars in Dwarrowfeld, I have some problems to enter in this game but with help that I found in this forum I sollow some advices and fix my problem. However, when I enter in this game all my chars gone. Someone has some advice?

Note: I already report this bug.

Thanks for any advice.
    If you had "enter last world played" checked, the launcher may ignore it and automatically load you into a different world. You probably don't have characters in that world.

Make sure to uncheck the 'enter last world' box and then restart your launcher.

@Sapience annoyed yet by the amount of work this new launcher has added yet? QA needs a talking to.

No, I try manually choosing Dwarrowfeld and also use the last world played, in both cases my chars are gone.

Sapience is offline Former Community Manager & Harbinger of Soon
    No, I try manually choosing Dwarrowfeld and also use the last world played, in both cases my chars are gone.
    You may need to contact support as we do not delete characters and I can't think of any other reason for the problem you are reporting.

Quote Originally Posted by 0Pinger View Post
    @Sapience annoyed yet by the amount of work this new launcher has added yet? QA needs a talking to.
    You'd be surprised how much it takes to get me truly annoyed.

[QUOTE=Sapience;6789926]You may need to contact support as we do not delete characters and I can't think of any other reason for the problem you are reporting.

Thanks I already contact, thanks for the advice. I hope my problem will solve quickly.

I had this happen to me yesterday. Instead of sending me to the last server I played on (Brandywine) it stuck me on Withywindle (sp?) instead. Scared the &&&& out of me for a minute.

Uncheck the box for auto select server, then make sure you're choosing your server, and login. It worked for me and hope it does for you too.

Cylo
    Cylo - Brandywine - Defenders of the Lost Light
    Sylo (85 LM) - Cylo (68 MIN) - Phanatic (66 HNT) - Cylorin (65 RK) - Cyla (61 CPT)

Quote Originally Posted by Sapience View Post
    You may need to contact support as we do not delete characters and I can't think of any other reason for the problem you are reporting.

I'm guessing that's one of the qualifications for Community Manager these days - permanent Stone Skin (yeah, I know this isn't the DDO forums... but you get the picture... )
    Mostly Harmless since 1999!
    Silverlode: Ogord - Hobbit Guardian; Shaewyn - Hobbit Minstrel; Odorfi - Dwarf hunter; Ogordi - Human Warden

I try again, and nothing but I realize one thing this time, when I click to try to do a Warden again. LOTRO said that I have to unlock the Warden. However I already has a Warden (level 42), I think that something happens to my account and LOTRO think that complete new account. I was VIP for 2 years and use the turbine points to buy some improvments including unlock Warden and Rune-Keeper.

Quote Originally Posted by Cylo View Post
    I had this happen to me yesterday. Instead of sending me to the last server I played on (Brandywine) it stuck me on Withywindle (sp?) instead. Scared the &&&& out of me for a minute.

Uncheck the box for auto select server, then make sure you're choosing your server, and login. It worked for me and hope it does for you too.

Cylo
    Strange, I also got sent to Withywindle after selecting the last played server box (Gilrain in my case).

Dorathin (GRD), Eodynn (CPT), Danulos (WRD), Rehalond (CHN)

Quote Originally Posted by Sapience View Post
    I'm quite sure I don't want to find out. Thanks for keeping an even keel!
    Tuco of the Quick Post

Thanks for all, my account is back to normal. I did nothing he could do it, so I guess it was the support that fixed this annoying problem.

I try again, and nothing but I realize one thing this time, when I click to try to do a Warden again. LOTRO said that I have to unlock the Warden. However I already has a Warden (level 42), I think that something happens to my account and LOTRO think that complete new account. I was VIP for 2 years and use the turbine points to buy some improvments including unlock Warden and Rune-Keeper.
    Thanks for all, my account is back to normal. I did nothing he could do it, so I guess it was the support that fixed this annoying problem.
    Glad to hear you got it working. I just wanted to speak up in case someone else might have a similar issue. Do you have more than one subscription on the same logon? I have 2 on my logon and noticed they are now in the oposite order that they were before I updated to U11. One account is VIP and one is Premium/F2P that I haven't played on since testing F2P. The first time I logged in, I wasn't paying attention and just hit Enter like I was used to, and ended didn't have access to any of the things my VIP account does.

Stop blaming QA's for non-QA problems

Quote Originally Posted by 0Pinger View Post
    Sorry going to have to bite on this "it's all the QA's Fault" meme that runs through "interweb" forums. Guess what? If dev's didn't add bugs we'd have perfect games

As an experienced software tester all we can do is highlight bugs, issues and risks to stakeholders. QA's are not (and have never been and should never be) in the position to say NO we can't deploy this code, no matter what you are told by various 'Experts' on this and any other forum.

Please review and fully understand this, from one of the best the software test industry has to offer, before you decide to "blame" the QA for not testing enough. Seriously if you are into software testing in anyway take the RST course.
    http://www.developsense.com/blog/201...ance-business/
    and
    http://www.developsense.com/blog/200...g-vs-checking/

Quote Originally Posted by Maggwin View Post
    Sorry going to have to bite on this "it's all the QA's Fault" meme that runs through "interweb" forums. Guess what? If dev's didn't add bugs we'd have perfect games

As an experienced software tester all we can do is highlight bugs, issues and risks to stakeholders. QA's are not (and have never been and should never be) in the position to say NO we can't deploy this code, no matter what you are told by various 'Experts' on this and any other forum.

Please review and fully understand this, from one of the best the software test industry has to offer, before you decide to "blame" the QA for not testing enough
    Yeah, in my experience as a tester, which includes one of the earlier Elder Scrolls games, it's not like we didn't find the bugs and report them, the game simply had to ship on X date and so it shipped, bugs and all.

And it's not even the programmers fault, really. It's sort of like triage, they try to fix the worst, most easily fixed bugs first.

In this case, I have to wonder, why was it being pushed to be released so quickly? Eager to the the revenue from the hobbit presents, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Maggwin View Post

Please review and fully understand this, from one of the best the software test industry has to offer, before you decide to "blame" the QA for not testing enough. Seriously if you are into software testing in anyway take the RST course.
    http://www.developsense.com/blog/201...ance-business/
    and
    http://www.developsense.com/blog/200...g-vs-checking/
    Seconded. I have been doing beta testing for some 20 years now, off and on, for a number of software developers that ranged from small shops to the biggest of the big. Folk around here really get on my nerves with their rants that don't understand testing nor QA.

At a small shop, QA is a small team. Their machines are standardized. You could envision them as the very first group of Phase I testing in the pharma world. Very select group that does a first pass of safety and sanity checking and data collection. This group will never be a representative sample of the live users.

To supplement that, shops often get a group of 'regular Joes' to help out. You could envision them as the second group of Phase I testing in the pharma world. These people expose your software to a small subset of live machines. Very select group that does a second pass of safety and sanity checking and data collection. This group is also never going to be a representative sample of live users.

Now we get to closed alphas and closed betas. A closed alpha will be a select group of testers, and may be larger than the group mentioned above. A closed beta will be a larger group than mentioned above. These people expose your software to a small subset of live machines, but that subset is now larger and may be a representative sample; but if so, only by chance. These people can be envisioned as early Phase 2 trials in the pharma world. The most common side effects have a chance to be seen here. Rare ones will not, except by chance.

Some shops run open betas. This group will be much larger than those mentioned previously. The group is still a selected group; but now it is more of a self-selected group. Your software is now exposed to a much wider world of machines and varying software/hardware states. This group has a good chance to be a representative sample of your users; but if so, only by chance. These people can be envisioned as Phase 2/ Phase 3 trials in the pharma world. You have a good handle now on the relative frequency of the most common side effects. You now see some of the more rare ones. You still don't have a clue about the rarest and might not have a clue about the rarest effects that are the most serious.

Since all of this is done on already developed systems/products, you really can't change much; but you have given early information that help speed fault diagnosis later on. You are also a focus group that can give some feedback about customer acceptance, but the value is going to be limited because of the selected (meaning that the sample is not representative) nature of the focus group.

Now you've hit the ship date. Your product is exposed to any and every body. Stuff happens. You know stuff will happen. You have no way to know who will or will not be adversely impacted. Folk will, who've never created anything or worked within the system that creates these things, complain and call you incompetent. You do your best to shrug off the most vile of these statements and do what you can to minimize any adverse impacts. There will always be adverse impacts.
    "No sadder words of tongue or pen are the words: 'Might have been'." -- John Greenleaf Whittier
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda
    On planet Earth, there is a try.
    Indeed, in a world and life full of change, the only constant is human nature (A is A, after all :P).
    We old vets need to keep in mind those who come after us.

I'm unable to check any box in the launcher. Any way to fix this?

By editing the user preference text file manually, I can do anything that I want to do, but I would prefer to be able to check/uncheck boxes in the launcher.
    Last edited by Magdon1; May 24 2013 at 01:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Magdon1 View Post
    I'm unable to check any box in the launcher. Any way to fix this?

By editing the user preference text file manually, I can do anything that I want to do, but I would prefer to be able to check/uncheck boxes in the launcher.
    I have the same problem. The box is actually being checked or unchecked, but you can't see it. Lightly tap it to check or uncheck. Confirm it is unchecked by launching the game and if you don't get dumped into Withywindle, then it is unchecked.
    Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy

I tried tapping it, and no change. Editing the preferences works.